Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,368 members, 7,822,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Nigeria And Malpractice. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria And Malpractice. (705 Views)

Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos / Pictures: Could This Be The Best Way Of Curbing Exam Malpractice In Nigeria? / The Danger Of Exam Malpractice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria And Malpractice. by Minorsegment: 11:55am On Feb 15, 2013
I keep wondering everyday what the problem with some Nigerian students is. I really can't tell. Almost everybody depends on examination malpractice, yet many want to become doctors, engineers, radiologists, journalists, etc. How can you become any of these with a certificate you can't be able to defend? I'm currently an ss3 student of Christ High School, Abor in Enugu state, preparing for my external exams - Waec, Neco, and Jamb. I'm an independent student. Whether I'm taught or not, I still flow. I adopted the method of self education when I was in Ss2, precisely in the second term. I never loved to cheat in examinations. Many people think they can't make it without going through the illegal ways which they think is the best. It's true that there is no ample time for studying, especially for those preparing to sit for Jamb, but it's proper we try "time management". Try being busy always. Don't let your mind be idle because that's when evil thoughts come your way. It is then you start to think of not being able to clear your papers and trying to adopt various illegal remedies for that. What I mean is examination malpractice. Now, I don't really know what to do or say about the situation of education in Nigeria today. Our educational system is in a complete shambles. Many would blame it on parents, others on the government, others on teachers and lecturers but I tell you, the problem lies within the candidates and students. They haven't been able to develop and cultivate reading culture. They wait to be taught before they think of learning. That's not a good one. Sometimes, I think about great men who have really brought changes into the world. People like Albert Einstein, who was rejected and was hated by his class mates and teachers. He was scorned. He was called "block head", still, he never listened to what people said about him. He never gave up. He never succumbed to the pressure. He never relented. He still trusted in himself. He concenterated on his strength - imagining things - and put less concenteration in his weakness. Today, he is one of the world's renown scientists who shook the foundations of physics with his theories of relativity. He shall always be remembered for this great achievement of his. What am I really saying? In every individual is embedded a great being and personality. God has given each and every one of us wonderful gifts. You can't find the treasure put in you by God by being lazy. You really need to work hard. One's determination would surely lead him to his desired destination. Always think positively and one day, I know, by God's grace, Nigeria would become a better place to live in. Seek knowledge, think knowledge, apply knowledge!!! You are as important as the president of this country. Help fight examination malpractice. Make the decision today.... May God bless Africa!!!
Re: Nigeria And Malpractice. by christlyke(m): 10:24pm On Feb 15, 2013
See its not about hw u get into d university but what u come out with.....some people will use expo nd get admitted 2 study engineerin,medicine accts biz admin law...etc.....but its wat dy will graduate with at d end dat matters....i like d way u r disgusted abt d whole malpractice ish.....but m sorry 2 tell u my broda dat Naija i corrupt alredi....u can get 282 in jamb with ur head nd 73 in pume but u might not get ur exact course just because u dnt hv "connections"....so my broda if we had more of u in Naija tinz will go smoothly.....Keep it up though but honest,zealous pple like u r not promoted or acknowledged in d society nd dats d fact.

(1) (Reply)

3 Died While 4 Injured In Lautech Autocrash. / ASUP Strike...fed Govt Turn Deaf Ears!students Wld B Violent Soon / Exposed: FG Forced ASSU To Go On Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.