Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,273 members, 7,957,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:20 PM

Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! (22408 Views)

Nigerian NFL Star Osi Umenyiora Weds Miss Universe 2011 - Lelie Lopes / Agbani Derago VS Leila Lopes; Who's More Beautiful? / Obasanjo & Miss Universe Leila Lopes at South-South Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
Itsmodella is also from Ogbunike. I wonder why he did not see her.
I really do not know what to make of this..

1 Like

Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by azzima(m): 11:57pm On Feb 15, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

I know of Oluwakandi but abdul Kareem changed his name to Muslim. He has an all American english names before that. Historically they are all Africans.
Lew alcindo(jabbar)father is from Trinidad and tonago and he loves calypso music in fact he plays the steel pan well.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
jmoore: Good for them, money answereth all things

Osi Umenyiora is from ogbunike in Anambra state. His father is the Igwe of ogbunike. He has been paying visits for those that are saying he has never set a foot in Nigeria
True that..
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Lexoria: 12:17am On Feb 16, 2013
Abegii,make we hear word!You're prolly on your way to marry from elsewhere so move on with it and leave Nigerian girls alone.Very soon you'll be asking why niaja girls like white men.NIGERIAN MEN,only them will marry non-nigerian chicks,only them will get angry that nigerian-chicks are marrying non-nigerians.SELFISH WIZARDS!They wan beta thing but them go chop anoda person wey want am winch....smdh

chingyjant:
You said it all.Here in NL you see a girl telling a fellow man WTF,F..K off,et al will a sane man marry such a bi.tch?Make them nor worry dem go old full ground.Soon na the same NL them go come dey advertise for man.Watch out coming soon

1 Like

Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by RealMccoy2(m): 12:24am On Feb 16, 2013
shymexx:

Bro, ignore these numbnuts trying to throw cheap shots at someone with a better command of the language than them... I guess it has more to do with low self-esteem than anything else.. grin
Its all good bruv. There is no Trophy on this, brush it off your shoulder.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by chastizer: 12:59am On Feb 16, 2013
[quote
author=Ada Nri1] if I were his mum I'll kick against it
º°˚˚˚°º‎​oohh . My igbo son, marry sm1 not even Nigerian talkless of
igbo! Mbanu! Tomorrow his children will forget whom they are. Nne mulu
ya gba aka nnwa. Loooolzzzz. The guy has probably never set foot in
naija o
[/quote]
Nne which kain talk be this, are you saying the lady is not a human being? moreover, the guy has been visiting town. so how would he forget?
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by tpia5: 1:08am On Feb 16, 2013
well, beauty queens need husbands too.

i assume the guy is a bachelor and has never been married, since we heard nothing of that sort yet.

hope there's no drama from his AA female friends, because he did pose with them a lot.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by cfours: 2:03am On Feb 16, 2013
shocked shocked shocker!! and I thought she was smart.
of all the people in the world. it's an american football player she went for. did she do her research? how many of those kind of marriages last long? will he play football and make money forever?
instead of her to take a leaf from the other african women: Oluchi Onweagba, Liya Kedebe, Iman etc and settle for a stable low key rich guy.

she will be used and dumped and recycled 10x before her eyes open. tyra banks, selita banks, chanel etc. it's these African American girls who are being used and dumped she's trying to copy. She is going to end up as a baby mama and ruin her life.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by cfours: 2:18am On Feb 16, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Angolan women are beautiful and very respectful, sometimes dont blame a brother for turning his back against bad mouth Nigerian women with low self esteem like *illeke *

shut up. she's actually from Cape Verde not Angola. Angolans are darker skinned.
clearly the Angolan men don't think much of their own women either! and last year, ghana sent an oyinbo woman to represent their country! hahaha
African low self esteem indeed.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Nobody: 2:21am On Feb 16, 2013
c.fours:

shut up. she's actually from Cape Verde not Angola. Angolans are darker skinned.
clearly the Angolan men don't think much of their own women either! and last year, ghana sent an oyinbo woman to represent their country! hahaha
African low self esteem disease.
What are you on about? She's from Angola....like seriously, you're gonna say she's from Cape Verde simply because she's light skinned? that's just BS..

1 Like

Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by cfours: 2:22am On Feb 16, 2013
ItsModella:
What are you on about? She's from Angola....like seriously, you're gonna say she's from Cape Verde simply because she's light skinned? that's just BS..

both of her parents are Cape Verdean, sweerie wink
she was born in Angola though.

cape verde is part of africa anyway. although it's off by itself on an island and most of them look latino because of their portuguese mix.

1 Like

Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by aiibee(f): 2:32am On Feb 16, 2013
They look cute together tho
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by tpia5: 3:06am On Feb 16, 2013
hope she's not actually from nigeria!!!!

her origins are rather unclear.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by adabeke12(f): 3:13am On Feb 16, 2013
the girl is cute. she looks like she could be from northern part of nigeria. and yes there are way more beautiful nigerian sisters walking the streets!
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by tpia5: 3:16am On Feb 16, 2013
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by supaeagles(m): 4:27am On Feb 16, 2013
adabeke12: the girl is cute. she looks like she could be from northern part of nigeria. and yes there are way more beautiful nigerian sisters walking the streets!
is not just beauty..... there is also brains and personality for the package.....so let Osi be happy with his choice.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by RealMccoy2(m): 6:29am On Feb 16, 2013
c.fours:

African low self esteem indeed.
The bolded made him run away from a bad mouth nigerian woman like you. The diary of a mad black woman....smh.
A typical Abuja night crawler, blackberry babe, low class
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:47am On Feb 16, 2013
seedord247: Nairaland gurls... Which way ?

Are you gonna be looking like this while non-nigerian gurls are taking your men. undecided

Hehehehehehehe. I don laugh oh. Not to worry, we have more than enough men. So I don't mind my African sisters having our brothers to themselves.

Nigerian men rock! Gba be!!!
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:53am On Feb 16, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
This girl just won Miss USA a few months ago.

When did they start dating?

Is a "Miss" award now a criteria for marriage? Na wa o, the rest of us don suffer lipsrsealed

Ileke IdI, she relinquished the title Miss Universe she won in 2011 last year to another person.

How will a foreigner win Miss USA?
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by AfroBlue(m): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2013
shymexx: That's my doozy, Osi... That nigga stays bagging bad bytches lol...

he also toasted A-list Hollywood babes

SPOTTED: NY Giant Osi Umenyiora Wining & Dining Elise Neal

Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Ishilove: 10:52am On Feb 16, 2013
seedord247: Nairaland gurls... Which way ?

Are you gonna be looking like this while non-nigerian gurls are taking your men. undecided
Which men?? Too many boys out there. Men are few and far in-between.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by sage2(m): 11:10am On Feb 16, 2013
engineerd: nice couple! That dude is one of the nicest people u will ever meet...very humble! I met him once at the Nigerian consulate in Atlanta.....don't ask me what he was doing there.

Not when Google is my best friend.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:14am On Feb 16, 2013
Ada Nri1: none taken cheesy I just hope they last.

I do hope too. The koko is the foundation of their relationship.

In my opinion(IMO), all these sportsmen have majorly two seasons-the thick and thin seasons.

A time where they are the toasts of all, everything is working for them, they are rolling in money(just like the Eagles who have been receiving here and there)-Thick Season

If they are wise and learn from the mistakes and experiences of others, they won't be at the low ebb. But most get carried away that they fail to plan for tomorrow; eating tomorrow today.

A time comes when things aren't the way they used to be; having issues getting a new club; ladies not tripping for them like before; financial crisis etc-Thin Season

My question is: is she ready to weather the storms of life with him and stick by him through the thick and thin seasons of human life?
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:17am On Feb 16, 2013
jmoore: Good for them, money answereth all things

Osi Umenyiora is from ogbunike in Anambra state. His father is the Igwe of ogbunike. He has been paying visits for those that are saying he has never set a foot in Nigeria

This is good! So we should expect to see pretty Leila then because I know he must come show him Papa his Lolo.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:22am On Feb 16, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Thanks but this is a blogosphere, making your point matters the most that proof reading.

Yes, but if you want to type, type right.
I'm tired of half-baked way of doing things I see nowadays.

2 Likes

Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by cfours: 5:57pm On Feb 16, 2013
Afro_Blue:

yeah and Selita Banks, the victoria secret model.
these girls sef. Unless he is giving her a lot of money then I can understand her being his temporary girlfriend till she finds a real husband.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2013
c.fours:
shocked shocked shocker!! and I thought she was smart.
of all the people in the world. it's an american football player she went for. did she do her research? how many of those kind of marriages last long? will he play football and make money forever?
instead of her to take a leaf from the other african women: Oluchi Onweagba, Liya Kedebe, Iman etc and settle for a stable low key rich guy.

she will be used and dumped and recycled 10x before her eyes open. tyra banks, selita banks, chanel etc. it's these African American girls who are being used and dumped she's trying to copy. She is going to end up as a baby mama and ruin her life.

Lol! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by rhymz(m): 6:33pm On Feb 16, 2013
hahahahahha. . . . I have been laughing my fine ass off at the way both guyz and gals are busy having brawls over other people's business and life.
Who wouldn't rush with a ring to such a pretty woman like that? Babe is cute and I must confess, dude has got fine taste in women. I say Bring her home to papa. . .we go teach am Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa before pidgin English. . .lol. .
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by razznaija(f): 10:00pm On Feb 16, 2013
Congrats to them, at least he is getting married to an African lady, not akata or any other group.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Ike77503(m): 3:35am On Feb 17, 2013
Osi is very down to earth. met him twice and both times, he was cordial and proud of his accent. majority in the sports world, NFL to be precise knows he's Nigerian. Most Nigerian Parents of these Sportsmen, do their best to instill our culture and tradition on their children while growing up. I have seen it alot in HOUSTON,TX. That's why when they turn professionals, ANALYST always do not fail to mention how good of a student they were in college and most graduate with WONDERFUL G.P.A's. (AMOBI OKOYE, The ORAKPOS , OGWUMIKE'S ETC...dem too many).Ohhh they eat NIGERIAn foods very well too...back at the topic at hand, There's Nothing wrong with OSI finally putting a ring on a NON-Nigerian lady's hand...the guy dated many girls but found one to be worthy of his WIFE..me I know get problem with that..did you guys realize that he went on this vacation with his brother who is MARRIED ! levels dey change if woman or man dey commited...Osi abeg bring the wedding come NAIJA !
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by razznaija(f): 5:37am On Feb 17, 2013
Afro_Blue:

At the bolded, i think you meant S list because i have never seen that woman in a movie before, neither have i heard of her name before, so please take that back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aneke Twins Step Out In Style / Buhari Celebrates Pete Edochie At 75 / Uriel Oputa Tells Married Men To Stop Asking Her Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.