Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,308 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! (22260 Views)

Nigerian NFL Star Osi Umenyiora Weds Miss Universe 2011 - Lelie Lopes / Agbani Derago VS Leila Lopes; Who's More Beautiful? / Obasanjo & Miss Universe Leila Lopes at South-South Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
Real-Mccoy:
Igbo boys are dominating NFL for reals. NY giants got two and one just helped Baltimore Ravens take the Championship.

I concur...

The Ravens have three Nigerians on their team - 2 Igbos and a mixed race Yoruba guy..
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by kandiikane(m): 8:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
Miracle_favor: Of course the Umenyioras are Naija..pure Igbos.We're family friends..their main 9ja family house's in lagos.we're same core locality in my hometown

So, I guess you're enjoying his wealth too?

1 Like

Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Angolan women are beautiful and very respectful, sometimes dont blame a brother for turning his back against bad mouth Nigerian women with low self esteem like *illeke *

I love Angolan women and they have got batty for days!! grin
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by RealMccoy2(m): 8:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
shymexx: Smfh at Nigerians!!

Osi was born in London but raised in Nigeria and he speaks the language... His accent still sounds Nigerian-ish...

And Victor Moses speaks the language as well - he was born in Nigeria...
Hahaha. ...I only come to this site to laugh bra....People dont think before they utter rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by jmoore(m): 8:55pm On Feb 15, 2013
eaglechild:
Dont know what you're trying to say.
Your language strongly defines your identity.
Never seen an English man that cant speak English.
If Victor Moses cannot speak his native language then it's his loss not mine.

Dude, do you know that many Nigerians who have never traveled outside Nigeria can only speak English, are they from England? smh

1 Like

Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 15, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Hahaha. ...I only come to this site to laugh bra....People dont think before they utter rubbish.

Don't mind them, bruv...

Everyone that has listened to Osi talk should know he sounds Nigerian.. grin
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by RealMccoy2(m): 8:57pm On Feb 15, 2013
shymexx:

I concur...

The Ravens have three Nigerians on their team - 2 Igbos and a mixed race Yoruba guy..
Yorubas are doing very well in Hollywood also. I am yet to see my Fulani bros up north making a change in Yankee. I heard dude in Oklahoma thunder is fulani but I have not confirmed it.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by queensmith: 8:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
litgirl22: Seems that Naija men are the most sought after African men for some reason.

No shame in that... cheesy

Miss lopes is tres cute!

this isn't true, and we all know it. Just because a Nigerian man gets married doesn't at all mean he's 'sought after'

with that logic, Brazilian men are chased after- and Portuguese men are mauled. I wouldn't even know how to classify italian men or Gambian men who women travel across the continent to go and fool with.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/countries-by-highest-marriage-rates.html
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by kandiikane(m): 8:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Thanks but this is a blogosphere, making your point matters the most that proof reading.

Yeah but you should try to make sense atleast. Pre reque? Forgive me if it's actually in the dictionary.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by vanstanzy(m): 8:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
Abrantie: Free visa to Angola for all Nigerians cheesy

Thanks, but i'll pass. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by kandiikane(m): 9:01pm On Feb 15, 2013
queensmith:

this isn't true, and we all know it. Just because a Nigerian man gets married doesn't at all mean he's 'sought after'

with that logic, Brazilian men are chased after- and Portuguese men are mauled. I wouldn't even know how to classify italian men or Gambian men who women travel across the continent to go and fool with.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/countries-by-highest-marriage-rates.html

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t679663-10/

Their tongues are just irresistible. cheesy
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by RealMccoy2(m): 9:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
shymexx:

I love Angolan women and they have got batty for days!! grin
My only beef with them is the Portuguese thingy. Even in states they love to hangout around those that speaks same language as them. Their women can dance though, they will get your di.ck stranded all night as they play with it in the club with their azz
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Yorubas are doing very well in Hollywood also. I am yet to see my Fulani bros up north making a change in Yankee. I heard dude in Oklahoma thunder is fulani but I have not confirmed it.

Lmao bro... We Yorubas will take pride in dominating NBA.. grin We had Hakeem Olajuwon, Olowokandi, Aminu, Jeff Green, Kareem Abdul Jabar etc. - and one of the best players in the NCAA right now is Victor Oladipo... We've got a few guys in NFL as well... grin

We're all Nigerians, though... cool
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

My only beef with them is the Portuguese thingy. Even in states they love to hangout around those that speaks same language as them. Their women can dance though, they will get your di.ck stranded all night as they play with it in the club with their azz

Yeah bruv - they can dance their batty off... Got to give to the Portuguese speaking countries in Africa(Angola, Cape Verde, and Mozambique) - they breed beautiful women... grin
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by ValentineRoses: 9:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
margaritav:

Actually she is from Angola and she won Miss Universe. I am also asking when did they start dating to be engaged already. She barely speak English, I guess speaking English is not a criteria when you are pretty and a Miss Universe lol

How did u get access to da net, a phone or a computer. The world is really coming to an end. cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by eaglechild: 9:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Read your post again sir/ma'm and notice how you contradicted yourself. It was what prompt my reaction.
Uhmmm...
I was referring to their identity as true Nigerians based on their ability to speak their native Igbo language.
Dont see how that translates to their being irresponsible.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by RealMccoy2(m): 9:07pm On Feb 15, 2013
kandiikane:

Yeah but you should try to make sense atleast. Pre reque? Forgive me if it's actually in the dictionary.
Teacher dont teach me none sense. I wish as a Nigerian your love for a foreign language would make you more creative in the tech world. Those that could comprehend understood what I meant. Slow readers may have a hard time though.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by RealMccoy2(m): 9:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
eaglechild:
Uhmmm...
I was referring to their identity as true Nigerians based on their ability to speak their native Igbo language.
Dont see how that translates to their being irresponsible.
How many igbos born and raised in Lagos or Kaduna could speak igbo? Dont be too ethnocentric.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by ValentineRoses: 9:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Common sense shld tell u dat u feel much more comfortable around people who speaks ur own language. Why shld a beautiful lady lyk dat hang out with a DOG HEAD lyk u grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by eaglechild: 9:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
jmoore:

Dude, do you know that many Nigerians who have never traveled outside Nigeria can only speak English, are they from England? smh
Are you one of them?
If you are, i'm sorry about that, cause you really are losing your true identity.
Inability to speak your native language is nothing to be proud of
Dude.

1 Like

Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by RealMccoy2(m): 9:14pm On Feb 15, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao bro... We Yorubas will take pride in dominating NBA.. grin We had Hakeem Olajuwon, Olowokandi, Aminu, Jeff Green, Kareem Abdul Jabar etc. - and one of the best players in the NCAA right now is Victor Oladipo... We've got a few guys in NFL as well... grin

Kareem Abdul Jabar is he Nigerian? Jeff Green? Did you notice that most Nigerian stars in US sports came from London? What happened to coming from Nigeria direct? I think cos the food out there is too heavy and it makes them shapeless and heavy....jk
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by RealMccoy2(m): 9:17pm On Feb 15, 2013
Valentine Roses:

Common sense shld tell u dat u feel much more comfortable around people who speaks ur own language. Why shld a beautiful lady lyk dat hang out with a DOG HEAD lyk u grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Dont be jealous, I use my dog head and dog tongue to make girls get orga.sm without using my roddie pipper.....lol
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by onila(f): 9:20pm On Feb 15, 2013
shes originally from cape verde
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by RealMccoy2(m): 9:21pm On Feb 15, 2013
shymexx:

I did a check on google, few of the names listed above are non Nigerians.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Kareem Abdul Jabar is he Nigerian? Jeff Green? Did you notice that most Nigerian stars in US sports came from London? What happened to coming from Nigeria direct? I think cos the food out there is too heavy and it makes them shapeless and heavy....jk

Kareem said his father told him that they're Yoruba and Jeff Green's mum is Yoruba... I guess we'll claim the both of them lol... I dunno, it's probably because of the facilities our here and how it's easy to spot talents... However, Osi was raised in naija and he travelled to America from naija...

To tribalists: this is how tribal banter is done without talking down on the next tribe.. cool
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 15, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

I did a check on google, few of the names listed above are non Nigerians.

Olowokandi was born in naija but went to the NBA from London and he played for the UK... Aminu was born in America but his dad is a Naija prince from Oyo state or something - he said that when he was drafted...
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by onila(f): 9:31pm On Feb 15, 2013
Angolan women ain't beautiful. shes originally from cape verde ..he shld have married a pretty igbo girl

1 Like

Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by eaglechild: 9:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

How many igbos born and raised in Lagos or Kaduna could speak igbo? Dont be too ethnocentric.
Oh please get real.
This has nothing to do with ethnocentricity.
Your language is a strong factor in defining your identity.
Why dont you tell the English to give up their language and stop being ethnocentric?

1 Like

Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Abrantie: 9:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
queensmith:

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t679663-10/

I'm not sure you're aware but Stormfront is a racist/white supremacist web site. Some of the stuff they write there makes Hitler seem like a saint.
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
Did she call him 'my fiancee'?! undecided undecided
Who do I need to visit? An optician or a french teacher?
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
onila: Angolan women ain't beautiful. shes originally from cape verde ..he shld have married a pretty igbo girl
SMH.Naija and tribalism.We really have a long way to go
Re: Osi Umenyiora & Leila Lopes Are Engaged! by margaritav(f): 9:36pm On Feb 15, 2013
Valentine Roses:

How did u get access to da net, a phone or a computer. The world is really coming to an end. cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin

your father paid for my internet access, rubbish!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Teddy-A Celebrates His Son, Jay, On 6th Birthday (Pictures) / Prince William Has Not Spoken With His Brother, Prince Harry For Months / Freeway: Record Label CEO Turns Artist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.