Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:34 PM

UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread - Education (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread (171565 Views)

Uniuyo 2015/2016 Post UTME And Admission Update Thread / topic deleted / Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Nobody: 1:31am On Sep 02, 2014
starglad: thanks guys bt wat of philosophy
It'd a good course, but I don't know how easy/difficult it is for them to find job. It depends on how good your grades in university is.

As a Philosophy graduate, one has acquired the skills of clear and logical thinking, critical evaluation, new ways of thinking, being open to people, increased literacy and exprecssion, power of negotiation and organising, ability to write clearly and persuasively, careful planning,etc.

After graduation, he/she can work as a University lecturer(if he/she has extra degrees, if possible a PhD + little teaching experience of any sort), He/she can lecture Philosophy in the university.

-he/she can work as Government officer, in charge of transport, education, planning, human resources, etc.

-he/she can become charity officer/trustee in a charitable organisation anywhere around the world.

-he/she can be in the government's civil service.

-last but not the least and this is where many Nigerian Philosophy graduates melt into. PUBLISHING. They become versatile and influential writers, magazine owners, newspaper editors, they can take an editorial role in newspaper firms.

-he/she can also offer a postgraduate programme and divert to another career if he/she so wishes.

IMO it is a good course, after graduation,one should be able to know where he wants to work, then he/she will be able to pursue that dream.

Goodluck picking your course.
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Nobody: 1:33am On Sep 02, 2014
Man, I'll deactivate this account after uniuyo registration/screening.
Too many personal details on here.
Will create another account though.smiley

goodmorning all.
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by xbitttt(m): 6:42am On Sep 02, 2014
Largas:
okay, xbitttt help us to help you.
utme 249.....p.utme 240....I am #1 in my department on d list
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by xbitttt(m): 6:48am On Sep 02, 2014
hod898:
xbitttt, your chances are quite slim. From statistics, 294 students applied for psychology while 1341 students applied for economics this year. About 600 might have written the putme, which leaves about 105 scoring pretty good in the test. I don't knw how many students will be admitted in this department. You can do the remaining maths. Psychology is still a good course though.
buh I thought they r selling supplementary forms for economics .....meaning more space 2 b filled ryt?
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by hod898(m): 7:57am On Sep 02, 2014
xbitttt: buh I thought they r selling supplementary forms for economics .....meaning more space 2 b filled ryt?
True, but what I'm trying to say is your score <which I don't know,> has to be pretty high to increase your chance of getting admission. I don't know why you still want to supplement but psychology is a good course. Or are you looking at the job prospects and demand for psychology graduates in Nigeria?
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by hod898(m): 7:59am On Sep 02, 2014
xbitttt: utme 249.....p.utme 240....I am #1 in my department on d list
Then you still have a chance.
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 02, 2014
hod898:
so automatically he should purchase the supplementary form and fill in economics? His jamb and post utme scores are high enough to get economics as supplementary course.

But will he automatically lose his psychology 'conditional' admission?
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 02, 2014
Meanwhile, you guys know when registration/screening will or may hold?
Month? This year or next year?
Thank you.
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by fonzy98: 8:38am On Sep 02, 2014
Hi Nairanders.
I scored 202 in Jamb and 192 in post utme. Is there any hope for supplement?.....if yes which course should I supplement to?
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by fonzy98: 8:48am On Sep 02, 2014
Faculty Of Arts..regarding my former post.
Please I really need help.
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Miatha(f): 8:52am On Sep 02, 2014
fonzy98: Hi Nairanders.
I scored 202 in Jamb and 192 in post utme. Is there any hope for supplement?.....if yes which course should I supplement to?
Yes there's, supplementary is from 180, go a less competitive course in same faculty you originally applied for. goodluck
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Miatha(f): 8:55am On Sep 02, 2014
fonzy98: Faculty Of Arts..regarding my former post.
Please I really need help.
k, what course did you apply for?
you still have to wait for d 2nd list, u could be in there before thinking of supplementary

Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Miatha(f): 8:59am On Sep 02, 2014
Largas:
so you wanna tell us someone who didn't get his course can get it it in the next list without supplementing
very possible, but if name not on d 2nd list grab d supplementary form
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 02, 2014
Miatha:
very possible, but if name not on d 2nd list grab d supplementary form
this is very good news for disappointed niggers.

What of guys that have supplemented already? Will they lose their chance of being admitted in the 2nd admission list?

And are courses like pharmacy, medicine, gonna have 2nd admission list?
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Miatha(f): 9:13am On Sep 02, 2014
Largas:
this is very good news for disappointed niggers.

What of guys that have supplemented already? Will they lose their chance of being admitted in the 2nd admission list?

And are courses like pharmacy, medicine, gonna have 2nd admission list?
At times you find a candidate name appearing twice both on d 2nd &sup. list, d candidate will have to pick his or her choice, probably such candidate was latter considered because of his or her score. hope you get my point.
Not all d time, and it does, it always few names,and mind u those departments no be beans 4uniuyo o, if u ain't got brains just supplement now jeje
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Miatha(f): 9:21am On Sep 02, 2014
Once in a while, I just like coming to any Uniuyo thread like this as it reminds me of those days I was also one of the candidates, but thanks 2God all that is history now, Uniuyo is now my alma mata. God 'll also grant you guys your heart's desires o, just believe besides Uniuyo not strict with admission.
'll try to answer questions 2d best of my knowledge n when am sure. best of luck guys

Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by fonzy98: 9:22am On Sep 02, 2014
I applied for Law. But as it is now am pretty sure my name will not come out so am looking for a nice course that will suit my score before its too late.
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Udeme288(m): 10:02am On Sep 02, 2014
Wait,what are u guys saying? That the second list and the supplementary list are two different list?
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 02, 2014
Miatha:
At times you find a candidate name appearing twice both on d 2nd &sup. list, d candidate will have to pick his or her choice, probably such candidate was latter considered because of his or her score. hope you get my point.
Not all d time, and it does, it always few names,and mind u those departments no be beans 4uniuyo o, if u ain't got brains just supplement now jeje
thanks. I've gotten admission already. Just helping a brother on this thread out.
Thanks for the detailed answer.
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 02, 2014
Udeme288: Wait,what are u guys saying? That the second list and the supplementary list are two different list?
It appears so. But relax, like she said sometimes candidate's name appear on his chosen course on the second list, and also appear on the supplementary list. It's left for such candidate to make his choice.
Therefore, you aren't on the wrong track. Just keep hoping you would get pharmacy on the second list. Xbitttt, you should supplement for economics before time runs out. *if you still wish*.
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 02, 2014
Miathia, I got pharmacy. How did you mean when you said pharmacy no be beans?
Please explain as much as you can. I know it's a good course, I don't see it as a problem for me. But, I'd like to have an insight and an idea on what is on ground in uniuyo's pharmacy.
If you don't mind. Thank you.
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Udeme288(m): 2:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
Guys abeg how is the supplementing thing done,the guy I told to supplement for me says the form is not sold at the micro-finance bank inside the School. So where is it sold and what are the processes involved in supplementing.
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by starglad(f): 3:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
Largas:
It'd a good course, but I don't know how easy/difficult it is for them to find job. It depends on how good your grades in university is.

As a Philosophy graduate, one has acquired the skills of clear and logical thinking, critical evaluation, new ways of thinking, being open to people, increased literacy and exprecssion, power of negotiation and organising, ability to write clearly and persuasively, careful planning,etc.

After graduation, he/she can work as a University lecturer(if he/she has extra degrees, if possible a PhD + little teaching experience of any sort), He/she can lecture Philosophy in the university.

-he/she can work as Government officer, in charge of transport, education, planning, human resources, etc.

-he/she can become charity officer/trustee in a charitable organisation anywhere around the world.

-he/she can be in the government's civil service.

-last but not the least and this is where many Nigerian Philosophy graduates melt into. PUBLISHING. They become versatile and influential writers, magazine owners, newspaper editors, they can take an editorial role in newspaper firms.

-he/she can also offer a postgraduate programme and divert to another career if he/she so wishes.

IMO it is a good course, after graduation,one should be able to know where he wants to work, then he/she will be able to pursue that dream.

Goodluck picking your course.
thanks alot bro
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Dinzelflash(m): 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2014
starglad: is there gonna be a second list? if so when show we expect it. plssssssss smiley so dat i will know if am to supplement of not
bae u weren't admitted?
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by xbitttt(m): 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
hod898:
if I go 4 econs....what will den happen to psychology
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by starglad(f): 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
Dinzelflash: bae u weren't admitted?
yea
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Dinzelflash(m): 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
starglad: yea
what course?
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Ghype(m): 10:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
Hw much z self- contain accommodation around uniuyo perm site. I need answer pls
Re: UNIUYO 2014/2015 Admission Update Thread by Cashrill(m): 4:25am On Sep 03, 2014
Pls wats the meanin of conditional admission

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (67) (Reply)

OOU 2013/2014 Admission / 100 best secondary schools in Africa / Osun State University Thread For 2012/2013 Admission