Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Help A Linguist - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help A Linguist (2089 Views)

It's don miller...duh / pls help a bro... I need a job to put my Bsc into use / Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Linguist by Donaldmike(m): 6:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
Am a student in one of the nigeria universities....sturding linguistics. Duo,thats not my dream course but i change to it due to the high demand of LAW by those who have leg.....with this linguistics, am planing to propose to another course(business admin.) in a fedpoly.i want to ask is it possible to sturdy in two diffrent institution at thesame time?....{2} wat are my chances in the labour market because i heard the damand 4 linguistic is not high in nigeria....{3} sturding business admin with linguistics(if possible) wil it boost my chances in labour market?....{4}Hw much do a linguistic graduate(a linguist) earn?.....thanks and God bless.
Re: Help A Linguist by Donaldmike(m): 12:29pm On Feb 19, 2013
Nobody to help?
Re: Help A Linguist by adonai36: 11:43am On Feb 20, 2013
I am a graduate of Linguistics, and your chance in the labour market depends solely on the grades you graduated with, your drive and above all God. I will advise that map out a career path for yourself, for instance if you are looking at the business world, you can do an MBA after graduation or other professoonal certification. Hence I will advise you not to combine studying in a polytechnic with that of university, as it may have effect on your overall grades at the end of the day.
You also stand a better chance to excel in media, eg print or electronic media world with a degree in linguistics.
But, if you are still to study law, I am afraid you may have to go back to school again.

Shalom
Re: Help A Linguist by Donaldmike(m): 12:21pm On Feb 20, 2013
Thank u very much....i will like to knw u more....since ur graduation frm the university, do u go 4 ur MBA or u seek 4 a job?.....where are u working nw?....thanks
Re: Help A Linguist by adonai36: 3:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
As I have said in my earlier post, ensure you graduate with a good grade so that you can compete well.
I graduated seven years ago, and I was opportuned to get a work in a bank three months after NYSC, and rose to become the Retail Head. I later did a post graduate course in Strategy management in the UK. I have been opportuned to work as a freelance journalist.
@Donaldmike, the sky is your limit, once you know what you want in life. Which university are you, and what level are you now?

Shalom
Re: Help A Linguist by Donaldmike(m): 9:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
Thanks for ur contribution sire.....infact, i have already loss intrest in the course(linguistics)........thanks for those words....when am with frds, i feel shy to mention my course because most of them are law and mass comm student.....ßut am nw ready to face the course with all my resources....am a student in ekiti state university.....(Linguistics and africa languages).....
Re: Help A Linguist by adonai36: 5:59pm On Feb 21, 2013
Donaldmike: Thanks for ur contribution sire.....infact, i have already loss intrest in the course(linguistics)........thanks for those words....when am with frds, i feel shy to mention my course because most of them are law and mass comm student.....ßut am nw ready to face the course with all my resources....am a student in ekiti state university.....(Linguistics and africa languages).....

You are welcome! Please face it head on and graduate with a good degree. The sky is the starting point.
Should you need more information do not hestitate to contact me.

Shalom
Re: Help A Linguist by bookface: 6:22pm On Feb 21, 2013
What other language(s) are you good at?
Re: Help A Linguist by Donaldmike(m): 7:26pm On Feb 21, 2013
bookface: What other language(s) are you good at?
korea and french lang.
Re: Help A Linguist by samnuhubaba: 9:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
Linguistics is prime.Am a graduate of Linguistics frm a state university,nsuk.There r alot of job prospects 4 u out there in the labour market.I ws involvd in a research with a college of education in nasarawa state and the return s encouraging.Pls,dnt lose grip of linguistics.Syntactians r sparse.Try that cos that's my area of specializatn.kk
Re: Help A Linguist by Donaldmike(m): 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
samnuhubaba: Linguistics is prime.Am a graduate of Linguistics frm a state university,nsuk.There r alot of job prospects 4 u out there in the labour market.I ws involvd in a research with a college of education in nasarawa state and the return s encouraging.Pls,dnt lose grip of linguistics.Syntactians r sparse.Try that cos that's my area of specializatn.kk
thanks sire...GOD bless
Re: Help A Linguist by samnuhubaba: 6:57am On Feb 23, 2013
Linguists hv special treatment in the labour market.Graduate first then,u wil blv me bt try and get a gud grade in it.k cool
Re: Help A Linguist by babyfaceafrica: 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2016
samnuhubaba:
Linguistics is prime.Am a graduate of Linguistics frm a state university,nsuk.There r alot of job prospects 4 u out there in the labour market.I ws involvd in a research with a college of education in nasarawa state and the return s encouraging.Pls,dnt lose grip of linguistics.Syntactians r sparse.Try that cos that's my area of specializatn.kk
hello,please I am a graduate of linguistics ,can I discuss some Things With you

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Requirements Entering As A Graduate Into Nigerian NAVY / Hse Beginner / Visafone Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.