Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,540 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America (35513 Views)

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos / Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!! / Your Most Embarrassing Moment At The US Embassy, Abuja/Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by inspirizu(m): 11:55am On Feb 16, 2013
Liessssssss

1 Like

Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by nikkypearl(f): 12:11pm On Feb 16, 2013
jammyng: Aside from citizenship, what does my child stand to gain. Besides, we've got CANADA grin
u can only get a birth certificate for a baby born in canada!
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by Afam4eva(m): 12:18pm On Feb 16, 2013
I'd rather give birth to my kid in Rwanda.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by coogar: 12:36pm On Feb 16, 2013
Iranoladun: @coogar it is you who did not read the op very well. The US official says delivery cost at least $60,000 and you must show proof of having the money. $60,000 is not the least; that's a blatant lie from a government official sad

I have friends and colleagues who gave birth legally in the US (based on medical referral) and they did not spend even $20,000!

May be the officials believed that by exaggerating the bills potential foreign Mothers will be discourage.

you have comprehension problems....:
the official said delivery can cost up to $60,000 if there are complications. there has to be an allowance for women with multiple births and stuff so you cannot really place the minimum value on child birth. i think $140,000 is about right.

the official did not say they would charge $140,000 or $60,000 for every delivery - she only said it can cost up to that if there were to be complications - especially women who deliver quintuplets and quadruplets.....so you people should read and comprehend before ptyalising bullshyte!

ibro360: u hav eyes bt u can't see

you are a consummate rëtard, you homoerotic illiterate!
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by manny4life(m): 12:50pm On Feb 16, 2013
Some people are funny, that you go to say NJ and deliver and your bill came up to $20,000 and then try going to NY, NY where it's very expensive or any top cities, you'll see that the $60,000 though a high figure isn't too far away.
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by Clerverly: 12:55pm On Feb 16, 2013
coogar:

you have comprehension problems....:
the official said delivery can cost up to $60,000 if there are complications. there has to be an allowance for women with multiple births and stuff so you cannot really place the minimum value on child birth. i think $140,000 is about right.

the official did not say they would charge $140,000 or $60,000 for every delivery - she only said it can cost up to that if there were to be complications - especially women who deliver quintuplets and quadruplets.....so you people should read and comprehend before ptyalising bullshyte!

you are a consummate rëtard, you homoerotic illiterate!

Mr Coogar, You really lack comprehension skill;
Look here mr. man

US Embassy Chief of Consular Section, Ms. Carol Cox, in an interview with select journalists in Abuja, yesterday disclosed that it would cost at least $60,000 to have a baby in the US.

When it goes to complications she has this to say;

In instances where complications arise from the delivery, the medical bills may go as high as $140,000.
Availability of the funds, Cox said is very important as it is necessary to ensure that American taxpayers do not have to pay such bills.
“We owe the American public who pay taxes to make sure that those who seek medical services in the US pay for such services. This is essential because there are those who have the money and are not willing to pay.

7 Likes

Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by coogar: 1:05pm On Feb 16, 2013
Clerverly:
Mr Coogar, You really lack comprehension skill;
Look here mr. man

you are a dumbaśs......
show that you have $140,000, if the delivery eventually costs $100, they would only take the amount it costs, not what you have shown so what fücking difference does it make? prove you have up to $140,000 in your account before travelling is the crux of the matter. they are not charging you that amount, you are only showing it to them.

When it goes to complications she has this to say;

complications can even go higher than that -
the other nigerian woman that delivered quintuplets in the uk some few years ago cost the british public purse £200,000 which is about $300,000. this is why these folks are putting a safety net around themselves. the quoted figures are about right - if you want to deliver kids in america, be prepared to pay for them!
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by obamasbabe(f): 1:51pm On Feb 16, 2013
o'boy:
Why do Nigerians from the SW prefer to give birth to their babies in the Us
@o'boy pls I will like to know how to strike ou words like u did in ur comment (from the SW). Thanx
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by fuckluv(f): 1:53pm On Feb 16, 2013
No be dem fault na, if u are good and u know u are, pride sets in.
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by youngchopper(m): 1:57pm On Feb 16, 2013
dnawah: but him perm him hair and open him ear na!grin
laff n fell from yam tree
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by ibehenryrocket(m): 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2013
Wetin be d cost to born triplets. My babe is expecting some grin grin grin
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by Ndata(m): 2:27pm On Feb 16, 2013
But the Chinese have been doing the same thing for decades.Recently there was a report on CNN.It's called birth tourism.There are adverts on internet from agencies arranging birth tourism in US.And those expectant mothers are housed in a big house,when the get to the US.At every point in time there are about twenty pregnant women in a house,all waiting to deliver their kids and going back to China with their kids American passport.
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by econome(m): 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2013
IJOBA US DI AF'AGBARA WO!
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by guddylover(m): 3:18pm On Feb 16, 2013
victorazy: So America is this expensive. No wonder my uncle came back with nofin to show.

why you dey diss ya uncle na?
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by LuxeLife: 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2013
B.S na to go born for Spain. Don't dull.
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by Gbenge77(m): 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2013
Thats figure is humongous.With this,if you havent got tens of millions,forget the US.
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by BabyCakes(f): 4:43pm On Feb 16, 2013
To born pikin for Yankee no be by force, but if you get pepper , why not?
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by nenepea(f): 5:23pm On Feb 16, 2013
coogar:

do you people read at all?
he said you must show proof you have up to $140,000, he did not say baby delivery is $140,000.
Answer that your question yourself. She said it will cost $60K.
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by InvertedHammer: 5:25pm On Feb 16, 2013
..Pure lies

A delivery in a community Hospital in California with overnight stay is about $3000 including pre-natal and ante-natal.

Come on...
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by coogar: 5:39pm On Feb 16, 2013
nenepea: Answer that your question yourself. She said it will cost $60K.

and she's right......
wanna know why? because she's putting other things in perspective. the authorities cannot simply assume every traveller on a tourist visa has relatives in america they can bunk with. so she's put costs like accommodation, feeding, ante/post-natal treatment and the cost of living for a period of 6 months(maximum number of days allowed in the usa on a tourist visa). so the price quoted is about right!
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by peruso: 5:39pm On Feb 16, 2013
eaglechild: $140k!
Even if it's on a NASA spacecraft.

LLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLL. MAYBE OOO JUSY MAYBE NA FOR THERE OOO
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by kalunomics(m): 6:04pm On Feb 16, 2013
dnawah: but him perm him hair and open him ear na!grin
u guys will not kill me with laughter!

With that kinda money, i can never go down! Ne'er again!!
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by mu2sa2: 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2013
Evidence that u hav 140k dollars - in nigeria or US?
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by oparahchi(m): 7:50pm On Feb 16, 2013
iamswizz: na mercy johnson cause am
I believe you just made a shallow statement.
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by andyanders: 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2013
Nigerian women now do meet with Baba Suwe to give them that " The more you look, The less you see" v--du to beat any US immigration point of entry. Even if the pregnancy is 9 month, your pregnancy will not show. you can contact me for details.
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 16, 2013
@ coogar....ur profile picture na die o
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by infolekan(m): 9:17pm On Feb 16, 2013
The quote is definitely for the highest(average) to expect.
And someone here is quoting $3,000 here for a community hospital as if that's where everyone loves to deliver.
The bill for a hotel in Abuja would hang around 30 - 50k and it would be wrong to be quoting 10k though you'll probably get some hotels in that vicinity.
Lagos was rated as one of the most expensive places to live in the world and an expatriate there would probably spend around 100k per day if you are lodged in a good hotel and eat good food but I'm sure some locals would claim its an over inflated price as you could lodge in swetson hotel in ikorodu for 5k & eat in Mr Biggs for 1k but that's not what is expected from an expatriate.
A foreigner coming down to US is assumed to be a rich man and thus would go to the best and not a community hospital.
We should read between the lines

1 Like

Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by calcal: 6:00am On Feb 17, 2013
uncle u: The guy lied. It does not cost that much to deliver in the States. I have sent not less than 10 patients to deliver in Texas. Normal delivery cost around $3000 to $5000. Additional services are charged. Epidural is additional $1500.Non of my patients has spent upto $10000. I don't know where he got the $140000 from.

You are one of those liars fooling people, "Normal delivery cost around $3000 to $5000" where did you pay that in America? you can as well say the Doctors make $3000 - $5000 monthly.
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by ozodigboo(m): 8:23am On Feb 17, 2013
uncle u: The guy lied. It does not cost that much to deliver in the States. I have sent not less than 10 patients to deliver in Texas. Normal delivery cost around $3000 to $5000. Additional services are charged. Epidural is additional $1500.Non of my patients has spent upto $10000. I don't know where he got the $140000 from.
HE SAID $140,000 TO DISCOURAGE YOU PEOPLE FROM EVEN TRYING TO COME TO THE USA.
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
Tough conditions. Now made in Nigeria babies will be born in Nigeria.
you got me rolling on this buddy... cheesy
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by ywink: 5:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
grin
Re: US Embassy's Conditions For Baby Delivery In America by warrikid(m): 6:50am On Feb 18, 2013
Come to Alaka Health centre,off warri sapele road by Nepa office. Delivery is free,if na boy dem go give u 10k,girl 10k,twins 30k.Valentine Bonanza is still on.
No talk say na me tell u dis top secret ooO.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ADC Plane Crash In Abuja / Kofar Ruwa Highway Cracks In Kano, Months After Commissioning, Car Trapped / 14 Places Not To Park Your Car – FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.