Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Domain Transfer Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Transfer Help (989 Views)

Domain Transfer From Opensrs / Nairahost Now Offers Free Domain Transfer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domain Transfer Help by sluvy4tune(m): 6:59am On Feb 16, 2013
Dear nlanders the great help i have gotten from this forum is amazing thanks you all

Pls to all the web gurus in the house i will like to transfer my domain from my current host to another

1.What are the requirement for this transfer ?

2.How best shud i go about this & how will my current host frustrate my effort

3.Recommend a good host for me.

I need all this info so i know how best to handle the transfer
Re: Domain Transfer Help by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 16, 2013
I will be recommending www.ListMasta.com reason being that their support ticketing system is fast and efficient. You can go there and try them out. If you open a ticket, you will get a response in just a few hours. So no delays, no frustrations. You will also notice the speed of their servers. The load time of ListMasta is almost twice as fast as other regular sites so you will be getting the best that money can buy.

Domain transfer costs about 20 bucks and considering the frustration other hosts put you through, that's little change.
So go under the the DOMAINS tab and search, select the transfer option and make payments.
If you have any problems with payments the call the numebre at the footer link or better still call the number on my profile.
Activation is instant.

Goodluck.
Re: Domain Transfer Help by sluvy4tune(m): 7:21am On Feb 16, 2013
Oga brand new what about other questions asked above i expect enlighten me b4 dis advert biko
Re: Domain Transfer Help by DualCore1: 7:38am On Feb 16, 2013
sluvy4tune: Dear nlanders the great help i have gotten from this forum is amazing thanks you all
1.What are the requirement for this transfer ?
For a transfer, two things are involved:
1. Domain transfer
2. Host transfer

Domain transfer is necessary in a case where the domain was registered by the same host you are transfering from. All you need for this is to have the domain unlocked by the registrar, to have your email address as the administrative email (whois disabled) and to have the transfer auth code (EPP). This process takes about 7 days if all parties involved do their parts. Note that you cannot transfer a domain that has a lifetime of less than 3 months. Also note that you may not be allowed to transfer a domain that will be expiring within the next 7 days.

Host transfer means changing hosts, which means you will be shifting your site's files to a different host (server). All you need to do this is to have a fresh backup of the site. Some host service providers are willing to make this transfer for you at no cost.

sluvy4tune:
2.How best shud i go about this & how will my current host frustrate my effort
Transfering is a very delicate matter and if not followed up well could just lead in desaster for the domain owner. Be very polite with the host you are transfering from. Thank them for their good service and explain the need for the transfer. Start by asking for your domain to be unlocked and any WHOIS protection on it to be disabled. Then request for the transfer code. It is at this point that some hosts may start acting funny.

sluvy4tune:
3.Recommend a good host for me.
There are a couple of good hosts running in Nigeria here and its a lot better to use a Nigerian firm with a good online presence.

You can come over to TruDigits.com if you need exceptional service and value for your money.
Customers coming into TruDigits.com have the following benefits (to mention a few):

1. Free technical support and business advice
2. Good uptime and security (we take nightly backups of your data so we are never caught off guard by attackers)
3. FREE transfer of your site's hosting and domain (you get 1 year added to your domain's lifetime on successful transfer and its free).
4. One on one consultations, we have over 500 friends using our service now and talking to us wont be like talking to a stereotyped robot.
5. We've been in business for 5 years and are stable.
6. We serve as middlemen in a domain/site transfer processes, handling the whole process of communicating with the other host.
7. Instant setup of services and easy online payment options. (Pay for an order online and get it within a minute or less)
8. Online chat that is in the real sense of the word "online" and ready to serve you.
9. We own our dedicated servers and are no resellers of any other host.
10. Affordable prices and promos are available.

Come over to www.TruDigits.com anytime and become a friend. wink

If you have any further questions regarding this subject, feel free to ask here.
Re: Domain Transfer Help by sluvy4tune(m): 8:02am On Feb 16, 2013
Thank you dualCore I have actually to move my entire site to a difrnt host & from the requirements as you state above my domain will be 3months old soon maybe month end...I have been calling the trudigits number al thru yesterday no response cuz I just finished up my new site .
Re: Domain Transfer Help by DualCore1: 8:19am On Feb 16, 2013
The number is 08038138483 (its only available for use Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm). However the online chat is online 247 and so is the support email. So if you need anything, use the number within the available time window or use the chat or email anytime (day or night) smiley
Re: Domain Transfer Help by Brains1313(m): 12:35pm On Feb 17, 2013
@Sluvy4tune

The first two rules of the game are:

1. Never register your domain name with your hosting company.
REASON: If your site goes down and you find your host is not competent enough, you can easily. look for another host and get back quickly online.

2.Avoid Nigeria hosting companies (for now) like plague.
REASON: They are quick at collecting your money. But when there are issues, they are slow as snail. Their customer service is horrible. And their phone lines quickly go dead. Trust me, I’m talking from experience.

The best places to register your domain name are;

http://www.name.com
http://www.namesilo.com (for less than $10)
NOTE:
They both accept GTB Naira MasterCard
I have presently stick tent with Namesilo because they are cheap and have one of the best navigational systems I have seen in all my years in the business.

The two hosting Companies I recommend are;
http://www.Mochahost.com
http://www.ucvhost.com
NOTE:
1. I have presently moved all my personal and clients projects to Mochahost and they have never failed me till date. And you can also pay with GTB Naira MasterCard.
2. UCV Host is also very reliable; the major problem is that their payment processor does not deal with Nigeria. You will have to go through Global Trend Network at Ikeja. And this will cost you a fortune. So, I advise you go with Mochahost.

CONCERNING TRANSFERING YOUR DOMAIN NAME.

Transferring your domain name involves the following;
a. Unlocking the domain name.
b. Getting the Authorization or EPP code.
c. Informing your domain name registrar to allow the transfer.
REASON: if they don’t grant the access, the transfer will not be completed.

If you already have access to your account to the domain registrar, follow the steps below;

1. Log into your account
2. Locate the section where your domain is managed, look for a locked padlock and then click it to unlock it.
3. Look for the section where your authorization (EPP) code is and copy.

If you don’t have access to your user account or unfamiliar with this process, simply send a mail to your domain registrar asking them to send the authorization (epp) code to you. You can also chat with them online to get this information.

HOW TO MAKE THE ACTUAL TRANSFER

1. Go to the domain name of your choice.
2. Click on transfer domain.
3. Enter the domain name and click on “transfer existing domain”
4. Click the next or proceed button.
5. Enter your EPP code and click on submit
NOTE: There may variations from one registrar to another, but the processes remain the same.
6. You will be taking to another page where you will have to enter your billing and admin information.
* If there is no mistake in the steps above, you will be told to wait for at least 24 hours pending the confirmation of the previous registrar before the transfer can be completed.
7. Contact your previous registrar immediately asking them to release the domain to the new
registrar.

If they comply and nothing goes wrong, expect your transfer to be completed between 24 hours and seven (7) days.

Hope this helps?

Lastly, stay away from Nigerian hosting companies. They may be cheap when compared to the foreign hosting companies, but the pains that come with it are more expensive at the long run. Trust me! I have been there. And I am talking from experience.

Wish you the best!
Re: Domain Transfer Help by kathybro: 3:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
There is no special requirement for transfer as such, it depends on your previous host provider if they are looking for closing fee and intimation... I can recommend for 9cubehosting.com give them the EPP code from your previous host provider and do the transfer.. it will take 5-7 working days to get the EPP code, intimate them as early as possible regarding the transfer... gud luck..
Re: Domain Transfer Help by flexpro(m): 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2013

Nice Contribution/Enlightenment!

[quote author=Brains1313]@Sluvy4tune

The first two rules of the game are:

1. Never register your domain name with your hosting company.
REASON: If your site goes down and you find your host is not competent enough, you can easily. look for another host and get back quickly online.

2.Avoid Nigeria hosting companies (for now) like plague.
REASON: They are quick at collecting your money. But when there are issues, they are slow as snail. Their customer service is horrible. And their phone lines quickly go dead. Trust me, I’m talking from experience.

The best places to register your domain name are;

http://www.name.com
http://www.namesilo.com (for less than $10)
NOTE:
They both accept GTB Naira MasterCard
I have presently stick tent with Namesilo because they are cheap and have one of the best navigational systems I have seen in all my years in the business.

The two hosting Companies I recommend are;
http://www.Mochahost.com
http://www.ucvhost.com
NOTE:
1. I have presently moved all my personal and clients projects to Mochahost and they have never failed me till date. And you can also pay with GTB Naira MasterCard.
2. UCV Host is also very reliable; the major problem is that their payment processor does not deal with Nigeria. You will have to go through Global Trend Network at Ikeja. And this will cost you a fortune. So, I advise you go with Mochahost.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Pointless Websites In The World / Pls Who Can Teach Us How To Design Site Like Nairaland. But With More Futures??? / 5 Lessons Every Blogger Can Learn From Linda Ikeji's Plagiarism Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.