Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

End Of The World SADDISTS! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / End Of The World SADDISTS! (969 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

End Of The World SADDISTS! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2013
I watching a video, where an atheist scientist was telling a story about someone he met in a party. In the party, someone came up to the scientist and asked if he (the scientist) was an astrophysicist. The scientist confirmed that he is an astrophysicist. The person then proceeded to ask the scientist about the end of the world. The scientists then gave reasons why the world will not end in 2012. The person then walked away from the scientist feeling dejected after hearing that his end of the world belief is false.

The thing that is truly annoying from this story is that some people are not happy unless something catastrophic happens to the rest of the world. How can someone be sad that the world is not going to be destroyed soon?

This kind of belief is present in christianity and islam. How the hell can people believe in the end times with glee? Are they freaking saddists? You see most of them shouting "end times" whenever something that they dont like happens- as if it is some ultimate solution to their problems.

-When asked why irreligion/atheism is growing "END OF THE WORLD"
-When told that gay marriage is legalized "END OF THE WORLD"
-When told that a pastor/priest was caught molesting a child "END TIMES"

Ask these same fools if they want to raise their grandchildren to become good christians and muslisms, they will give you a resounding yes. The end of the world is soon but it will wait for 2 generations of your family? MADNESS!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/995275_atheist_abramic_end_of_theworld_jpgb7af2cfa1af695e00c329cbc05c4202c
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 16, 2013
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by cyrexx: 4:01am On Feb 19, 2013
This is one of the paradigm shift i experienced on my transition from chritianity to atheism. I remember as a Christian how I firmly believe we are in the end times. Any major news story is a a sign of the end times.
Eg
-Iran is developing nuclear weapons - this means that the end is near and Jesus is coming soon.
-Britons legalising gay marriage.
- A madman shooting students in their school
- Obama 's medicare programme.
- a pastor sleeping with an under-aged female child.
- earthquake in Japan.
Etc etc etc

All these are indication that rapture will soon happen (whatever the hell that means) and their imaginary hero will suddenly appear in the sky and whisk them away in a twinkling of an eye, sparing them the total destruction he will later send down to the earth.

I can't help but laugh when I remember that I used to think like this. Plaetton has correctly labelled religion, especially the pentecostal form of Christianity as a mild form of mental illness. He is right.

No wonder religious people don't bother with the earth's environmental preservation. Why would they when their mind has been configured to firmly believe in the destruction the earth.
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 19, 2013
cyrexx: This is one of the paradigm shift i experienced on my transition from chritianity to atheism. I remember as a Christian how I firmly believe we are in the end times. Any major news story is a a sign of the end times.
Eg
-Iran is developing nuclear weapons - this means that the end is near and Jesus is coming soon.
-Britons legalising gay marriage.
- A madman shooting students in their school
- Obama 's medicare programme.
- a pastor sleeping with an under-aged female child.
- earthquake in Japan.
Etc etc etc

All these are indication that rapture will soon happen (whatever the hell that means) and their imaginary hero will suddenly appear in the sky and whisk them away in a twinkling of an eye, sparing them the total destruction he will later send down to the earth.

I can't help but laugh when I remember that I used to think like this. Plaetton has correctly labelled religion, especially the pentecostal form of Christianity as a mild form of mental illness. He is right.

No wonder religious people don't bother with the earth's environmental preservation. Why would they when their mind has been configured to firmly believe in the destruction the earth.

Thank you. The end time mindset is very dangerous
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by ijawkid(m): 8:18am On Feb 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

Thank you. The end time mindset is very dangerous

If we are not in the end time then I guess we are in the beginning time,,,,,.....abi??.......grin

1 Like

Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 19, 2013
ijawkid:

If we are not in the end time then I guess we are in the beginning time,,,,,.....abi??.......grin

undecided
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

undecided
i follow you undecided
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 19, 2013
ijawkid:

What's your definition of end time? Rapture? Big giant meteor hits the earth?
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by ijawkid(m): 9:35am On Feb 19, 2013
musKeeto:
What's your definition of end time? Rapture? Big giant meteor hits the earth?

All I want you to do is choose and tell us where we are in the stream of time.......end time or beginning time??.......
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 19, 2013
ijawkid:

All I want you to do is choose and tell us where we are in the stream of time.......end time or beginning time??.......

We are in time. Simple and short. All these your end and beginning of time make no sense. If you dont know the exact startin point and finish line of something how do know that you are at the beginning or end of it?

2 Likes

Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by ijawkid(m): 10:20am On Feb 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

We are in time. Simple and short. All these your end and beginning of time make no sense. If you dont know the exact startin point and finish line of something how do know that you are at the beginning or end of it?

Deep down I know that we all know that we are not at the starting point.............infact we are so far away from the starting point........I guess you know what it means when I say that we are far away from the staring point...........the unrelenting spate of disorderliness of this system called the world shows its end is imminent...........like it or not........
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 19, 2013
ijawkid:

Deep down I know that we all know that we are not at the starting point.............infact we are so far away from the starting point........I guess you know what it means when I say that we are far away from the staring point...........the unrelenting spate of disorderliness of this system called the world shows its end is imminent...........like it or not........

Chei, religion is really a terrible disease. Imho, worse than cancer, worse than aids. It is a terrible thing for the mind to go to waste. Chei, even as a xtian, I was not as mental as this.
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by ijawkid(m): 10:34am On Feb 19, 2013
kmcutez:

Chei, religion is really a terrible disease. Imho, worse than cancer, worse than aids. It is a terrible thing for the mind to go to waste. Chei, even as a xtian, I was not as mental as this.

You might call yourself mental for believing that you would one day grow old and die..........we all and the world itself are gravitating towards an end.........call me mental.....
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by tobechi20(m): 10:35am On Feb 19, 2013
Science started 2012 end time rumour
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 19, 2013
tobechi20: Science started 2012 end time rumour

You must be a real fool to believe that. The Mayans and your christian brothers contributed to such rumour
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by ijawkid(m): 10:48am On Feb 19, 2013
kmcutez:

Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
ijawkid:

you don burst my belle.
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
ijawkid:

you no go kill me with laff
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2013
ijawkid:

Lol, so when was this world ever in order?
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by onetrack(m): 5:47pm On Feb 19, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol, so when was this world ever in order?

Even further, the events that are cited as signs of the 'end of the world' have been with us as long as humans have been around.....murder, prostitution, war, mast.urbation shocked , earthquakes, homosexuality, volcanoes, global warming and cooling phases, drought, plagues... What is around now that was not back then? And of course each generation from the time of Jesus believed they were in end times, including Muhammad and his generation... The world is actually much safer than at any time in history in many ways. If homosexuality is in the news, it is not because there is more of it or even more tolerated, but rather more talked about because of the communications revolution....

And we're still waiting. Meantime if it really looks like the end of the world, well then I'll sell everything I own and buy beer.
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by cyrexx: 6:27pm On Feb 19, 2013

2 Likes

Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by Heatblast(m): 6:33pm On Feb 19, 2013
^^^
I love that pic. So damn true
Re: End Of The World SADDISTS! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
Heatblast: ^^^
I love that pic. So damn true
I concur

(1) (Reply)

The Catholic Church : The Days of Reckoning for 2000 Yrs Of Immorality / What Is TITHE Money Used For? / The 'stones Cry Out'. Will You Listen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.