Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,673 members, 7,955,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:51 AM

If Only The Devil Knew - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Only The Devil Knew (983 Views)

If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Ten People Who Sold Their Soul To The Devil. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Only The Devil Knew by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 29, 2013
Do you people(Christians) think if the devil knew the grand plan of the God head(Father, Son and Spirit)he would have let Jesus die?

I'm assuming you all know everything about the redemption the death brought and the shift of power...well maybe I should mention a few:

Everyone including the Patriachs who died before Jesus could not go to heaven, as a matter of fact they went to Abraham's bosom which was located in hell (read the story of the rich man and Lazarus to confirm this). When Jesus died, even Him went to hell but He wasn't helpless like every other that died before Him instead He went with so much power and glory to demand the release of the saints and permanently open the gates of heaven-i am very sure the devil thought He would get stuck with the others before Him but how wrong he was. And on the third day as Jesus left hell and entered into heaven with the saints, the earth shook as graves burst open and the saints ascended with Him.

The name of Jesus was made powerful than every other name be it on, in or under the earth including the name of the Father God, Jehovah or whatever you call Him. That is the reason we do not say 'in God's name' to end prayers or say 'God!' when in trouble.

Redemption, oh sweet redemption! All you have to do is believe He is the Son of God and you are instantly enrolled for heaven-no more destruction. It is so simple, Christians find it hard to believe.

Christians are immune to sin, eternal death and destruction.

Raising mankind to previous glory of Adam(whose office was higher than every other aside the God-head) until he fell. After Adam and until Jesus came, the angels had higher offices. Now, we are joint heirs with Christ and sons of God. Now, we can go directly to the Father through Christ Jesus.

I guess the most painful was the power and dominion that was granted Christians as Jesus rose into heaven and sent the mighty Comforter and Teacher to be with us.

These are just a few of the victories the death of Jesus brought. If I'm not mistaken, I'm sure not even the angels in heaven knew of the power and victory that was to be unleashed by the death of Jesus.

Finally, contrast where christians would be today if the devil knew of the glory that was to come and made sure nobody tempered with Jesus and wasn't made to die as the ultimate sacrificial lamb instead Jesus simply grew old and died a natural death or by any other means.
Re: If Only The Devil Knew by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 30, 2013
Fix your mind on this as you celebrate our victory through Christ Jesus.

Personally, Easter matters more to me than Christmas and the reason is Jesus came of His Father's will and was born on Christmas day but what most Christians do not know is that Jesus agreed with the Father to die, in Gethsemane, He could have changed His mind and told the Father He wasn't going to die for our sake.

Now think about it all.
Re: If Only The Devil Knew by NoProphecy: 1:36am On Mar 30, 2013
blink182: Fix your mind on this as you celebrate our victory through Christ Jesus.

Personally, Easter matters more to me than Christmas and the reason is Jesus came of His Father's will and was born on Christmas day but what most Christians do not know is that Jesus agreed with the Father to die, in Gethsemane, He could have changed His mind and told the Father He wasn't going to die for our sake.

Now think about it all.
So it was a suicide mission. Given that, did he really die? Or did he just give up his (obviously worthless) human life? A real sacrifice means giving up something valuable. If he was (& knew he was) your god's son, then he had nothing to lose. In fact, agreeing to the deal would get him an express trip away from all of the ignorant, backwards, superstitious people on this earth and up to a paradise. On top of this, he got the worship of billions of people to boot. Is this a sacrifice? If he made a real sacrifice, he would be dead and FOREVER gone. This is not the case. He just had a bad weekend. Why should I grovel because of this?
Re: If Only The Devil Knew by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 30, 2013
NoProphecy:
So it was a suicide mission. Given that, did he really die? Or did he just give up his (obviously worthless) human life? A real sacrifice means giving up something valuable. If he was (& knew he was) your god's son, then he had nothing to lose. In fact, agreeing to the deal would get him an express trip away from all of the ignorant, backwards, superstitious people on this earth and up to a paradise. On top of this, he got the worship of billions of people to boot. Is this a sacrifice? If he made a real sacrifice, he would be dead and FOREVER gone. This is not the case. He just had a bad weekend. Why should I grovel because of this?
Please, I am talking to christians not atheists or some other form of religion that have no business with Easter.
Re: If Only The Devil Knew by NoProphecy: 2:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
blink182: Please, I am talking to christians not atheists or some other form of religion that have no business with Easter.

I understand your position. I, however, understand how bad ideas can go on forever in an echo chamber. I also understand how the behaviours that come out of the echo chamber can negatively affect me and others who have no business with easter. The least of which is acceptance of bad logic. The idea that Jesus "...could have changed His mind and told the Father He wasn't going to die for our sake" is questionable. Then what? Let's really think about it all. What are the options?

Option A) Have a bad weekend and complete the suicide mission that your all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful father wants. Afterwards, be zipped up to a paradise to rule over the universe forever with billions of adoring fans (living humans, dead humans, angels, etc). Have the power to do whatever you want whenever you want.

Option B) Refuse to follow through with the plan and __________________________________________.

What was the other option? If there wasn't one, then there is no significance to the decision?
Re: If Only The Devil Knew by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 30, 2013
If He had refused to die, nothing would have changed and the mosaic law will still be in full force.
Re: If Only The Devil Knew by kambo(m): 11:43pm On Mar 30, 2013
@noProphecy u speak blasfemy against God , his son Jesus etc under d guise of atheism and 4 search of logic but frm ur statements it's clear u ar d mouthpiece 4 satan to curse God. Are u ever suprised tht wen christ is d topic u atheist uncontrollably get into spastic rage? Is ur hatred logical (as u guys are wont to say) ? U wont to try to stay civil but ur foaming @ d mouth like rabid dogs wenever jesus is mentioned. Well, science cant explain this anger but the bible can. According to the bible u reaction is influenced by satan, basically in the same way a mob got so 'mad' in the bible they asked an innocent Man, Jesus to be crucified, and a murderer to b set free! Was they're judgement rational? No. They thought they were in control of their senses but they were not . Hav u seen religious riots in d north , were a mob acts in unison in insane wanton violence? They are controlled by d prince of the power of d air, d god of this world, satan , d devil , lucifer. The ruler of the kingdom of darkness where ur name and d name of every one who is an atheist and hasnt received christ belongs i.e u are devil's legit property . And ur destiny is hell fire en route d lake of fire. If u dnt believe me, keep rejecting christ's offer for salvation and see how ur end will b. U dont need 2 throw ur soul away but u can if u like. Heaven is free, salvation is free and u dont need to go to hell but d choice is urs.
Re: If Only The Devil Knew by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 31, 2013
kambo: @noProphecy u speak blasfemy against God , his son Jesus etc under d guise of atheism and 4 search of logic but frm ur statements it's clear u ar d mouthpiece 4 satan to curse God. Are u ever suprised tht wen christ is d topic u atheist uncontrollably get into spastic rage? Is ur hatred logical (as u guys are wont to say) ? U wont to try to stay civil but ur foaming @ d mouth like rabid dogs wenever jesus is mentioned. Well, science cant explain this anger but the bible can. According to the bible u reaction is influenced by satan, basically in the same way a mob got so 'mad' in the bible they asked an innocent Man, Jesus to be crucified, and a murderer to b set free! Was they're judgement rational? No. They thought they were in control of their senses but they were not . Hav u seen religious riots in d north , were a mob acts in unison in insane wanton violence? They are controlled by d prince of the power of d air, d god of this world, satan , d devil , lucifer. The ruler of the kingdom of darkness where ur name and d name of every one who is an atheist and hasnt received christ belongs i.e u are devil's legit property . And ur destiny is hell fire en route d lake of fire. If u dnt believe me, keep rejecting christ's offer for salvation and see how ur end will b. U dont need 2 throw ur soul away but u can if u like. Heaven is free, salvation is free and u dont need to go to hell but d choice is urs.
well said. When I meet people like him, I fear the eternal destruction that awaits. For they have heard of Christ but made their decision to unconsciously follow satan in the name of atheism.
Re: If Only The Devil Knew by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 08, 2013
+
Re: If Only The Devil Knew by jmoore(m): 8:17am On Apr 08, 2013
The devil can't stop Jesus, he tempted him before and Jesus resisted him.

(1) (Reply)

Inside Ogun State Weird Church, Where They Wear Red Clothes,animal Sacrifices... / Does The Bible Support Or Negate Dating? / Expose: How Pastor Adeboye Escaped LETTER BOMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.