Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,321 members, 7,846,424 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

APC: Ngige For President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Ngige For President (4615 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC: Ngige For President by Gbawe: 7:22am On Feb 18, 2013
ekt_bear:

An excellent question.

Mindboggling to me that they'd even consider fielding a PDP guy.

What makes you think they did? Do you just believe everything you read to include suggestions that sound entirely ludicrous and totally implausible? OK, America and the UK are going ahead with a leadership swap. Obama will be Prime Minister of the UK and David Cameron will be President of the USA.

@Topic.

OP, you always show no capacity for pragmatic politicking and continuously display a disconnection with past events that shape the future. When the merger was first mooted in 2010, by ACN,CPC and ANPP bigwigs, it was for Ribadu to step down for Buhari or Vice versa and the eventual Presidential candidate paired with a Southerner. What exactly do you think has changed since then to reverse that order?

I know this is 'silly season' where anyone suggests what/who they want, even when they have no right to given their past position, but we should try to bear the politics of things in mind and refrain from showing disrespect for the effort of others with vaingloriously unrealistic talk. This thread is no different to the one where Papabrowne crafted a ludicrous story out of some perceived "beautiful bride" status he insisted Oshiomhole has. You guys should get real and start showing respect for those who abided with the idea of the merger, sacrificed for it, showed belief in it and made it happen. They will, for reasons even more valid today than in 2010-2011, pick the candidates likely to original plan and template.

By the way, and even looking at those you mention from a perspective of individual political attractiveness, do you remember Ngige backed down in 2011 when called upon while Utomi backed out of the race totally to endorse Shekarau? Ribadu showed himself a leader and 'stayer' to forge ahead doggedly to the end. So Ribadu should now be relegated behind those two? Get real. You may be too sentimental to see what matters but stakeholders know qualities that screams "leader" and actions that shows weakness and lack of devotion that cannot 'rally the troops' in the heat of battle.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/ribadu-says-running-mate-yet-be-chosen-former-governor-ngige-running-senate?page=2

Ribadu Says Running Mate Yet To Be Chosen; Former Governor Ngige Running For Senate
February 15, 2011 - 02:06 — siteadmin

Hours after announcing that the former governor of the Anambra state, Chris Ngige, has been selected to be Nuhu Ribadu's running mate in next April's presidential elections, the candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria has reversed that decision, according to Mr. Ribadu's campaign office.
SaharaReporters learnt that Ngige became more interested in running for the Senate against former Minister of Information, Dora Akunyili, and therefore opted out of the vice-presidential slot this evening.

Earlier today, SaharaReporters reported the decision that Ngige will be the vice-presidential candidate to Mr. Ribadu, but by the close of the day, that situation seemed to have changed drastically.
The party has gone back to the drawing board to look for another choice to fill the position of Ribadu's running mate. Our source said they have up to February 21, 2011 to make up their mind on another running mate.
It was unclear why a final decision was not released to the press after Dr. Ngige, Ribadu's campaign director general, Chief Audu Ogbeh, Ribadu and another member of his campaign team met today at his campaign headquarters in Abuja to agree on Ngige's candidature.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201103310522.html

Nigeria: Utomi Quits Presidential Race, Endorses Shekarau
BY CHARLES AJUNWA, 31 MARCH 2011

The presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Mega Party (SDMP), Prof. Pat Utomi, has said he is withdrawing from the presidential election. He said he would on Thursday in Abuja submit his withdrawal letter to the leadership of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Utomi also declared support for the presidential candidate of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and Kano State Governor, Alhaji Ibrahim Shekarau, whom he openly asked his friends and supporters to vote for in the presidential election.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by sEyi6: 7:25am On Feb 18, 2013
0lumide: Ngige is not even interested in going. Onlytruth saying only bigotry will not allow people to vote for Ngige.

Isn't bigotry the reason you are picking Ngige even though he doesn't belong in your PDP party? Isn't bigotry the reason you want a Christian president?

Isn't bigotry the reason you don't want a Northerner?

Isn't bigotry the reason your advocated options for presidency on this site has been South-easterners?

Isn't it bigotry? Isn't it bigotry? Isn't it bigotry?

You out of bigotry accuse others of bigotry and you expect the nation to favour all?

I will be honest with you, no candidate in the east is "sellable" yet. And that strictly strategical and if you take bigotry out of your senses you will understand that Ribadu has better chances than any candidate from east, so does Fashola. Name one performer from east since 1999 that is still active in politics and can win election. Don't mention Okonjo Iweala or Soludo because they are stained by their own actions. Tinubu had ambitions of going for presidency but I think he knows that he can't win and he isn't sellable. Same goes for Ngige that is why they are in the fore front of things in their party. Take bigotry off your mind and you'll see SE doesn't have a consensus candidate candidate that deliver even SE.

Being a performer is not a criteria at all but I will have to give hats to Ribadu for contesting the 2011 elections even though he knew he can't win. He has more chances of winning the 2015 election than even Fashola. That was a strategic stance he took and to be honest, that strategy is making Ribadu the favourite of the party even more than Fashola. If it's not Buhari/Fashola, it has to be Ribadu/Fashola. Name a candidate with better chances in the party from the east.

So much on point.
Accusing people of bigotry bacause their view opposes your opinions that are generated from bigotry.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by slimghost(m): 7:27am On Feb 18, 2013
CyberG: LOL...first they "demand" the presidency, no one answers them! Then, they mouthed off Rochas, 2 years governor, unproven and yet to accomplish anything significant, their silliness was exposed, now Ngige who was booted out of governor's house after signing an oath with the Uba criminals; and you think Nigeria still needs a person with criminal values as president? You people are just too funny, in a horrible and pitiful way!

Criminal Values u say? Then it means APC was built on Criminality as it has Tinubu as a leader. You are just a born tribalist, you should be ashamed of urself.

4 Likes

Re: APC: Ngige For President by sEyi6: 7:29am On Feb 18, 2013
CyberG: LOL...first they "demand" the presidency, no one answers them! Then, they mouthed off Rochas, 2 years governor, unproven and yet to accomplish anything significant, their silliness was exposed, now Ngige who was booted out of governor's house after signing an oath with the Uba criminals; and you think Nigeria still needs a person with criminal values as president? You people are just too funny, in a horrible and pitiful way!

You should have known, they are unstable as water.
Full of wishes
Re: APC: Ngige For President by MrGlobe(m): 7:49am On Feb 18, 2013
@OP who doesn't know the bigoted party OPC abi APC is a grand scheme by Yorubas to share power with their Hausa masters, they don't care about doing anything differently than GEJ has done. They just want their person in Aso rock by any means. Any igbo person or SS or middle belt person that supports this opc party will forever remain a fool.

1 Like

Re: APC: Ngige For President by Ebestsmscom: 9:08am On Feb 18, 2013
oturugo: Ngige is alright

Seconded.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 18, 2013
peckhamboi:

Where's this guy?

@op, why Ngige is not the right choice has rightly been stated, APC need someone that can deliver at least 50% of SE not someone that struggled with 210 votes to win a
senatorial district.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Noiseless2: 9:54am On Feb 18, 2013
The so called peckhamboi knew that his litle boko master said those words, he only hoped you or anyone be unable to provide any link,
that's just the way they are.
Nuzo':
Blackpikin

You just spoilt my trap. I had wanted peckhamboi to swear with his gods before providing those links.

I'm sad now. All he has to do is to withdraw his support for Buhari (not that I cared in the first place).
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Noiseless2: 10:21am On Feb 18, 2013
Says malam nasir hell rufia aka ndu_chucks! By the way the north with power or the power with the north is not a thing of today,
power is still with you northerners so don't try to play us, all we are trying to do is to take it away gradually from those of you who think it's your birth right whether you perform bad or terrible.
ndu_chucks: Many of my Igbo brothers, led by the one and only ex Eze, Onlytruth karia remain politically unsophisticated and in denial. Most Nigerians know that power will return to the North after GEJ - only dummies do not recognize this reality. SMH
Re: APC: Ngige For President by pazienza(m): 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
Onlytruth, alj harem set a trap for you,and you fell for it, by making you choose between ngige and okorocha,he was hoping to capitalize on the old anambra-imo division in igboland and divide igbos.

Nwannaa,you should know better. Whether ngige or okorocha,nothing changes,just any igboman will do.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by pazienza(m): 12:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
Nuzo was only repeating Ohanaeze's question,but while ohaneze were indirect and tactical,nuzo was direct and blunt.

Any igboman that cannot see APC for what it is,which is the gathering of the two bed fellows of the civil war fame,to wrestle power out from the east,and re-establish the one-nigeria they fought for,(the one-nigeria controlled economically by yorubas and politically by the north,while the easterners wait for the crumbs) is blind, enough said.

5 Likes

Re: APC: Ngige For President by FSU: 4:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
Yorubas did not vote for Obasanjo in his first term, still he won. Then they supported him in his second term because they realized he is their own
Same should go for Ngige. If Yorubas are serious, he is among the most viable candidates around. Unlike Yorubas with Obasanjo, Igbos will vote for him because that is what they have always wanted: a Nigerian president of Igbo extraction. Those claiming Ngige has not expressed an interest should tell us whether Fasola or anybody else (except Buhari and Gej) has. You guys are propping up Fasola and even Tambuwal (of the same PDP you loath so much). This is double-headed hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: APC: Ngige For President by FSU: 4:24pm On Feb 18, 2013
pazienza: Nuzo was only repeating Ohanaeze's question,but while ohaneze were indirect and tactical,nuzo was direct and blunt.

Any igboman that cannot see APC for what it is,which is the gathering of the two bed fellows of the civil war fame,to wrestle power out from the east,and re-establish the one-nigeria they fought for,(the one-nigeria controlled economically by yorubas and politically by the north,while the easterners wait for the crumbs) is blind, enough said.

Yes, I have a STRONG feeling that Yorubas are only interested in making sure that GEJ is shoved aside and bringing a Northerner back. Only time will tell if their evil machinations will work.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by aljharem(m): 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
Its like you people just hate Yorubas from the deep of your hearts grin. If gej does constant electricity then very good, he would be voted for. In the Sw, there are still some pro gej. The fact just remains gej is slow and we need an active president just like Awolowo did for the west. Ojukwu said it himself that he wished Awolowo was the president and others such as the iddeiot above this comment are blinded by tribalism. Look if apc present fashola in any combo, they would win. Mark these words.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by FSU: 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2013
alj harem: Its like you people just hate Yorubas from the deep of your hearts grin. If gej does constant electricity then very good, he would be voted for. In the Sw, there are still some pro gej. The fact just remains gej is slow and we need an active president just like Awolowo did for the west. Ojukwu said it himself that he wished Awolowo was the president and others such as the iddeiot above this comment are blinded by tribalism. Look if apc present fashola in any combo, they would win. Mark these words.

Illiterate mallam-Yoruba hybrid. grin grin grin grin
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Onlytruth(m): 5:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
pazienza: Onlytruth, alj harem set a trap for you,and you fell for it, by making you choose between ngige and okorocha,he was hoping to capitalize on the old anambra-imo division in igboland and divide igbos.

Nwannaa,you should know better. Whether ngige or okorocha,nothing changes,just any igboman will do.

Nwannne I consider it an insult on myself to say that I would fall for any of Alj-harem's nitwitted gimmicks. Go back to the first page and re-read again. lol
I only compared the two candidates on their PERSONAL MERITS to be chosen as PRESIDENTIAL candidates for the APC ( I would be the last to ever compare two parts of my own body). The main thing is that we do not want any VP second fiddled positions for Ndigbo anymore in the Nigerian national politics. A GEJ who is propped by Igbo is far better for us! So, even if Ngige is chosen for a VP position in APC, WE SHALL DROP HIM LIKE A HOT COAL! cool
Ngige served as Anambra governor longer than Rochas has so far served as Imo governor. Ngige has been in ACN for at least 9 years (if not 10) while Rochas has only been in APGA (a still fragmented party to the merger) for about 3 years. Don't forget that the topic is about NGIGE not any other Igbo.

So, the joke is on Alj-harem if he is interested in the truth (which I doubt!) cool That is why no Igbo bit his half witted gimmick of divide and conquer.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by pazienza(m): 5:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
FSU: Yorubas did not vote for Obasanjo in his first term, still he won. Then they supported him in his second term because they realized he is their own
Same should go for Ngige. If Yorubas are serious, he is among the most viable candidates around. Unlike Yorubas with Obasanjo, Igbos will vote for him because that is what they have always wanted: a Nigerian president of Igbo extraction. Those claiming Ngige has not expressed an interest should tell us whether Fasola or anybody else (except Buhari and Gej) has. You guys are propping up Fasola and even Tambuwal (of the same PDP you loath so much). This is double-headed hypocrisy.

Yorubas didn't vote for Obj in 1999,because they could afford that luxury,after all,only olu falae and obj were the serious contenders for the presidency then, they figured that either way,they would still win. When ekwueme lost in PDP primaries in 1999,who did you think that the yoruba pdp delegates voted for? Haha!

Contrast this to 2003 when obj was the only yoruba man in the race with a realistic chance,they killed AD and voted for him. Yorubas are tribalistic bunch,don't be swayed by their deceit to cover tribalism with a veneer of patroitism/pro- democratic dividends.

4 Likes

Re: APC: Ngige For President by pazienza(m): 5:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
Onlytruth:

Nwannne I consider it an insult on myself to say that I would fall for any of Alj-harem's nitwitted gimmicks. Go back to the first page and re-read again. lol
I only compared the two candidates on their PERSONAL MERITS to be chosen as PRESIDENTIAL candidates for the APC ( I would be the last to ever compare two parts of my own body). The main thing is that we do not want any VP second fiddled positions for Ndigbo anymore in the Nigerian national politics. A GEJ who is propped by Igbo is far better for us! So, even if Ngige is chosen for a VP position in APC, WE SHALL DROP HIM LIKE A HOT COAL! cool
Ngige served as Anambra governor longer than Rochas has so far served as Imo governor. Ngige has been in ACN for at least 9 years (if not 10) while Rochas has only been in APGA (a still fragmented party to the merger) for about 3 years. Don't forget that the topic is about NGIGE not any other Igbo.

So, the joke is on Alj-harem if he is interested in the truth (which I doubt!) cool That is why no Igbo bit his half witted gimmick of divide and conquer.
kam sikwanu! Odinma.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Ngige For President by FSU: 5:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
pazienza:

Yorubas didn't vote for Obj in 1999,because they could afford that luxury,after all,only olu falae and obj were the serious contenders for the presidency then, they figured that either way,they would still win. When ekwueme lost in PDP primaries in 1999,who did you think that the yoruba pdp delegates voted for? Haha!

Contrast this to 2003 when obj was the only yoruba man in the race with a realistic chance,they killed AD and voted for him. Yorubas are tribalistic bunch,don't be swayed by their deceit to cover tribalism with a veneer of patroitism/pro- democratic dividends.

Of course, we know why they did not vote for him in 1999 and why they voted for him in 2003. Only a cow will not see through them.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by pazienza(m): 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
alj harem: Its like you people just hate Yorubas from the deep of your hearts grin. If gej does constant electricity then very good, he would be voted for. In the Sw, there are still some pro gej. The fact just remains gej is slow and we need an active president just like Awolowo did for the west. Ojukwu said it himself that he wished Awolowo was the president and others such as the iddeiot above this comment are blinded by tribalism. Look if apc present fashola in any combo, they would win. Mark these words.

Aljharem, APC can prove ohaneze and other igbos like nuzo and pazienza wrong,by fielding an igbo candidate,how hard is that? Unless there is something else behind the gathering of the two civil war bed fellows,something like the renewal of the oil block licence(their civil war loot/spoil,remember?),that will have to be renewed soon,and if their interest must be protected,which is to maintain the status quo,where they control most of those oil blocks,then they can't afford to have an easterner at the helm of affairs at that point in time.

Throw in the fact that after 2015,GEJ must have grown in power,will be in his last tenure,so cannot be controlled by the need to pamper the north for further re-election, one begins to see the reason for the desperation by these two civil war bed fellows that had since outlived their relevance in the political and economic scheme of things in nigeria,for them,it's now or never,it's their final battle to hold unto the one-nigeria they constructed in their dreams,the one nigeria only they alone can rule.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Ngige For President by Nuzo1(m): 6:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
zameen:
@op, why Ngige is not the right choice has rightly been stated, APC need someone that can deliver at least 50% of SE not someone that struggled with 210 votes to win a
senatorial district.

And who will deliver South east to APC...Tambuwal, Buhari or even Fashola? shocked

Listen very carefully, I don't have any problem with APC fielding any of these guys. I just want to make it clear that your choice of them is simply born out sectionalism, tribalism and religious bigotism.

Let's just accept this and move on. wink

2 Likes

Re: APC: Ngige For President by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
He might need to stand on a pedestal when addressing the UN
Re: APC: Ngige For President by pazienza(m): 4:38am On Feb 19, 2013
mikeansy: He might need to stand on a pedestal when addressing the UN

I am still trying to find out if this is one of alj harem's monikers,i remember that this moniker was very active in the run up to 2011 election,but went missing in action there after.

One thing is sure,this moniker is not igbo.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by dayokanu(m): 5:13am On Feb 19, 2013
Nuzo':

And who will deliver South east to APC...Tambuwal, Buhari or even Fashola? shocked

Listen very carefully, I don't have any problem with APC fielding any of these guys. I just want to make it clear that your choice of them is simply born out sectionalism, tribalism and religious bigotism.

Let's just accept this and move on. wink

Can Ngige deliver his own Region? His region is Jonathans hold so it doesnt make sense to put Ngige on the ticket in any capacity at the risk of losing your strongholds

Buhari/Fashola or Sanusi Fashola is the APC ticket and FYI

No one need SE votes to win the presidency.

Buhari had 13 states in 2011 if SW can deliver the whole 6 states to him then he wins easily 13 +6 = 19 WINNING. regardless of the 98% votes from the SE

So you can go fellate on Retardeen all you want.

Even the PDP knows the danger of the APC alliance thats why they are hesitatnt about returning Retardeen for the 2015 PDP cos it has a possibility of making them lose power. Buhari would win NE and NW 13 states should Tinubu deliver SW its game over
Re: APC: Ngige For President by FSU: 5:39am On Feb 19, 2013
dayokanu:

Can Ngige deliver his own Region? His region is Jonathans hold so it doesnt make sense to put Ngige on the ticket in any capacity at the risk of losing your strongholds

Buhari had 13 states in 2011 if SW can deliver the whole 6 states to him then he wins easily 13 +6 = 19 WINNING. regardless of the 98% votes from the SE

Even the PDP knows the danger of the APC alliance thats why they are hesitatnt about returning Retardeen for the 2015 PDP cos it has a possibility of making them lose power. Buhari would win NE and NW 13 states should Tinubu deliver SW its game over

Did Obasanjo deliver his own region?
And BTW, only a daft like you will think that Igbos will be given a chance to be the president of Nigeria (what they have been clamouring for for ages) and will fail to vote for that Igbo man.

I am not surprised though. Are you not the same daftkanu who says Keshi is not Igbo but Nzeogwu is (whereas both come from the same community in DELTA state)? When will you stop your vile double-speak nature?

3 Likes

Re: APC: Ngige For President by dayokanu(m): 5:46am On Feb 19, 2013
FSU:

And BTW, only a daft like you will think that Igbos will be given a chance to be the president of Nigeria (what they have been clamouring for for ages) and will fail to vote for that Igbo man.

I know FSU is the poster child for dementia so Its no surprise

Was the coward Ojuku not a presidential contestant? why didnt Ndyibos vote for him

FYI Ojuku didnt win a single state when he contested
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Adejoro74: 5:47am On Feb 19, 2013
dayokanu:

I know FSU is the poster child for dementia so Its no surprise

Was the coward Ojuku not a presidential contestant? why didnt Ndyibos vote for him

FYI Ojuku didnt win a single state when he contested

Was he nominated by a major party? And yes, Igbos voted for him. In that election he came third and all his votes were from Igbos. You are a complete ignoramus.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Adejoro74: 5:48am On Feb 19, 2013
FSU:

And BTW, only a daft like you will think that Igbos will be given a chance by a major party to be the president of Nigeria (what they have been clamouring for for ages) and will fail to vote for that Igbo man.

I am not surprised though. Are you not the same daftkanu who says Keshi is not Igbo but Nzeogwu is (whereas both come from the same community in DELTA state)? When will you stop your vile double-speak nature?
Re: APC: Ngige For President by dayokanu(m): 6:04am On Feb 19, 2013
Adejoro74:

Was he nominated by a major party? And yes, Igbos voted for him. In that election he came third and all his votes were from Igbos. You are a complete ignoramus.

Which are the major parties in 2003? Are you saying AGIPA is not major enough.

When Okadigbo was VP in a major party did Igbos vote for him?

Rather they followed PDP like mumu
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Adejoro74: 6:47am On Feb 19, 2013
dayokanu:

Which are the major parties in 2003? Are you saying AGIPA is not major enough.

When Okadigbo was VP in a major party did Igbos vote for him?

Rather they followed PDP like mumu

You be malu
VP is same as P, right? Okay why not Make Ngige P and Fasola VP?
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Nuzo1(m): 6:59am On Feb 19, 2013
dayokanu:

Again, I don't care if a cameroonian becomes the president so long he will perform. I'm just noting that the choice of fashola or Buhari is simply born out tribalism, sectionalism and religious bigotism.

Otherwise, Nigige has been proven in governance. And there's no way Gej can win Ngige in the south east.

And even if Ngige doesn't win in the south east...does it mean he won't win in your North and Southwest? And why?
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Emyogalanya: 7:07am On Feb 19, 2013
Now that i can listen to what they have to say wen is election coming up so i can vote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) / 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency / We Will Never Support PDP Again – Igbo Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.