Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! (19289 Views)

Will BBM For Android & IOS Be The Final End Of Blackberry In Nigeria?? / Etisalat Reduces Price Of Blackberry Plan / Price Control Of Blackberry At Slot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by DaWhiz: 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
Shhitt WAS the ish those days... cool
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
No sense device, non-sence device, use-lessi device forever.
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by nanaboi(m): 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
BB devices were originally designed 4 office use & mainly organizations patronized them back in the day. Kinda like hummer jeeps were originally military ish b4 individuals started buying em 4 kicks.
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by folahann(m): 12:24pm On Feb 18, 2013
Nice Biography. May their soul rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by lafuria1(m): 12:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
simple thread, but i know iphone and samsung addict will still comment, na by force?
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by vandarsar(m): 12:41pm On Feb 18, 2013
Africa & the middle east can't safe RIM!

~Bluetooth:

The company is fu'c'king broke and will soon fold up if help doesn't come.bb should thank Africa and the East for their support.
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by chucky234(m): 1:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
People can now see how far RIM have come when it come to quality smartphones,HTC is the only company that earn my respect after RIM because Samsung,LG and the rest borrow their current designs from HTC phones.
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Frostyzone(m): 1:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
Some Cool designs...but BB OS Still sucks.
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Frostyzone(m): 1:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
chucky234: People can now see how far RIM have come when it come to quality smartphones,HTC is the only company that earn my respect after RIM because Samsung,LG and the rest borrow their current designs from HTC phones.

Apple's iphone was the pioneer not your blasted blackberry that is about to disappear from the U.S market forever.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by walcolm(m): 1:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
Frostyzone: Some Cool designs...but BB OS Still sucks.

not anymore...get your hands on the BB10 and you'll change your mind
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Jerryjat(m): 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
and dis invention...

Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by shevon: 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
You Did not include the new BB Z10

Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Koolking(m): 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
Odinaka00: Bb 10 a must buy

The BlackBerry Z10 has finally arrived after what has been a very tough year for the company and with the rumoured iPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy S4 handsets due to land in 2013, the battle has only just begun.

Launched alongside the physical keyboard-toting BlackBerry Q10, the Z10's current competitors take the shape of the iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X, Sony Xperia Z and Nokia Lumia 920. But has it got what it takes to make it into the list of the best smartphones around?

Verdict bbZ10

The Z10 is a decent smartphone offering up a strong range of features and a fancy new operating system that may catch the eye of the technologically adventurous.

It does pretty much everything we'd expect from a high-end device and there are no major flaws.

That said, the Z10 also lacks any killer selling points. It's hard to find reasons why we'd recommend this over say the Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5, Sony Xperia Z, HTC One X or Nokia Lumia 920 - all of which are around the same price as the Z10.

I personally expected an improvement in Z10 battery compared to pre-versions. Z10 only has an 1800mAh battery so it was never likely to impress when the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S3 have 2100mAh units. But it still put up a pretty good fight, lasting a day without too much bother. Notable is that, unlike the iPhone 5, it isn’t very good at eking out the last little drop of battery life. So where the iPhone 5 will sometimes push on through the night with a tiny amount of battery left the Z10 was always dead in the morning. The iPhone 5 will run out just as quick if you’re using it but sat idle it’s impressive at keeping going.

The unproven (quirky) operating system and severe lack of headlining applications will turn a lot of consumers off at point of sale, and it's the image of the BlackBerry brand as a whole which needs to be worked on fast if it stands a chance of winning back the hearts of the general public.
The BlackBerry Z10 has the weight of a whole company on its plastic shoulders. It's holding up, but we're not sure for how long.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/blackberry-z10-1128348/review/13

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/blackberry-z10_Mobile-Phone_review_camera-battery-and-verdict_Page-7#yE4GIXzo2PkjakSR.99
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by chucky234(m): 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
Frostyzone:

Apple's iphone was the pioneer not your blasted blackberry that is about to disappear from the U.S market forever.

Iphone journey into the world of smartphones started with their romance with Motorola in 2003 which didn't quite yield the needed result.
They got it right in 2007 with the release of the iphone 1,below is the released date for all the iphones:
Release date
Original: June 29, 2007
iPhone 3G: July 11, 2008
iPhone 3GS: June 19, 2009
iPhone 4: June 24, 2010
iPhone 4S: October 14, 2011
iPhone 5: September 21, 2012
In the other hand RIM/Blackberry released their first device blackberry 850 ( an email pager device) in June 1996 and had about 400,000 users,by June 2002 Blackberry already amassed 51 million users with release of the 5810.
Where was your iphone,Nokia,Samsung,LG and what quality of phones did they put into the market in 2002,compare the phones to BB 5810 in terms of design and functions then come back to fool yourself.
Attached are pics of both the BB 850 (email pager device) and the 5810 for to feed your blind eyes,idio:t.
The G1 released by HTC in 2008 running android 2.0 also fared better than the iPhone 3G released same year,that's to say iPhone didn't pioneer high tech phones as you dumbly stated but only worked hard to improved on the already existing specs by designing something different from was already in the market.

1 Like

Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by mrdrizzy(m): 2:18pm On Feb 18, 2013
Koolking:

The BlackBerry Z10 has finally arrived after what has been a very tough year for the company and with the rumoured iPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy S4 handsets due to land in 2013, the battle has only just begun.

Launched alongside the physical keyboard-toting BlackBerry Q10, the Z10's current competitors take the shape of the iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X, Sony Xperia Z and Nokia Lumia 920. But has it got what it takes to make it into the list of the best smartphones around?

Verdict bbZ10

The Z10 is a decent smartphone offering up a strong range of features and a fancy new operating system that may catch the eye of the technologically adventurous.

It does pretty much everything we'd expect from a high-end device and there are no major flaws.

That said, the Z10 also lacks any killer selling points. It's hard to find reasons why we'd recommend this over say the Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5, Sony Xperia Z, HTC One X or Nokia Lumia 920 - all of which are around the same price as the Z10.

I personally expected an improvement in Z10 battery compared to pre-versions. Z10 only has an 1800mAh battery so it was never likely to impress when the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S3 have 2100mAh units. But it still put up a pretty good fight, lasting a day without too much bother. Notable is that, unlike the iPhone 5, it isn’t very good at eking out the last little drop of battery life. So where the iPhone 5 will sometimes push on through the night with a tiny amount of battery left the Z10 was always dead in the morning. The iPhone 5 will run out just as quick if you’re using it but sat idle it’s impressive at keeping going.

The unproven (quirky) operating system and severe lack of headlining applications will turn a lot of consumers off at point of sale, and it's the image of the BlackBerry brand as a whole which needs to be worked on fast if it stands a chance of winning back the hearts of the general public.
The BlackBerry Z10 has the weight of a whole company on its plastic shoulders. It's holding up, but we're not sure for how long.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/blackberry-z10-1128348/review/13

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/blackberry-z10_Mobile-Phone_review_camera-battery-and-verdict_Page-7#yE4GIXzo2PkjakSR.99
nawao u jst dey copy and paste ni.anyhw sha well said.i dnt think theres a space for blackberry in the market,with the likes of apple,htc ,samsung,sony and new arrival into high end market techno..lets hope dey survive..
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by delamingo: 2:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
Blackberry should pay more attention to Africa, since, this is still one of their strongest bases.

www.intimeapp.com

@intime_app on twitter and https://www.facebook.com/intimeapp

oshee
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by mrdrizzy(m): 2:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
chucky234:
Who is this foool and give you the gut to quote me,you are a slowpoke for posting the above scrap.
Iphone journey into the world of smartphones started with their romance with Motorola in 2003 which didn't quite yield the needed result.
They got it right in 2007 with the release of the iphone 1,below is the released date for all the iphones:
Release date
Original: June 29, 2007
iPhone 3G: July 11, 2008
iPhone 3GS: June 19, 2009
iPhone 4: June 24, 2010
iPhone 4S: October 14, 2011
iPhone 5: September 21, 2012
In the other hand RIM/Blackberry released their first device blackberry 850 ( an email pager device) in June 1996 and had about 400,000 users,by June 2002 Blackberry already amassed 51 million users with release of the 5810.
Where was your iphone,Nokia,Samsung,LG and what quality of phones did they put into the market in 2002,compare the phones to BB 5810 in terms of design and functions then come back to fool yourself.
Attached are pics of both the BB 850 (email pager device) and the 5810 for to feed your blind eyes,idio:t.
whats with the insult..must u also sound so harsh..seeing ur post u look very evious of the apple company..well thats ur issue.also i want to address something..give a little respect when u call nokia..it started way way before blackerry or anyother still existing device xcluding htc.ur few seconds away from google,u could check it out urself...so when ur calling all those newly upcoming fone dnt include nokia..thanks

1 Like

Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by chucky234(m): 2:50pm On Feb 18, 2013
mr.drizzy:
whats with the insult..must u also sound so harsh..seeing ur post u look very evious of the apple company..well thats ur issue.also i want to address something..give a little respect when u call nokia..it started way way before blackerry or anyother still existing device xcluding htc.ur few seconds away from google,u could check it out urself...so when ur calling all those newly upcoming fone dnt include nokia..thanks
I got iPhone 4s,sold my GS3 to buy HTC One X and compliment them with a BB torch2,does that makes a BB fan? The answer is capital NO,I am only trying to correct his dumb brain.
Well as for me comparing Nokia and blackberry,attached are pics of the Blackberry 850 and Nokia 640 both released in 1999 as that will give idea of what Nokia was manufacturing before RIM emergence.
The BB 850 device had a full
keyboard, which was unusual at the time. It could send messages, access email, send and receive pages and act as a basic organizer.
But the Nokia 640 could not even send a full text message,give respect to whom respect is due.
For that idio:t called Frostyzone to say Iphone pioneered smartphones is a big insult to RIM as Job got all his ideas from RIM existing devices.
What do you mean by" give respect to Nokia because it started way back before RIM" because as far as I know RIM was founded in 1984 ,started manufacturing Wireless devices in 1988 and that to me is a long time,HTC was incorporated 1997 and was originally making laptops/notebooks before venturing into the mobile phone market in 1998.

Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by mrdrizzy(m): 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2013
chucky234: Well you need to read through the beetle-headed goon's post to see where he dumbly referred to me as "deluded fellow",can you imagine a m0ron with fish combobulated brain call me that.
I got iPhone 4s,sold my GS3 to buy HTC One X and compliment them with a BB torch2,does that makes a BB fan? The answer is capital NO,I am only trying to correct his dumb brain.
Well as for me comparing Nokia and blackberry,attached are pics of the Blackberry 850 and Nokia 640 both released in 1999 as that will give idea of what Nokia was manufacturing before RIM emergence.
For that idio:t called Frostyzone to say Iphone pioneered smartphones is a big insult to RIM as Job got all his ideas from RIM existing devices.
ohk ,bt dnt be pissed on what ppl say it happens ni..jst chillax..its media..bt rating..i think htc has the first most populated smartfone nt normal fone..i havnt really confirmed sha
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
What good can come out of a blackberry? undecided

Do yourself a favor and pick up an Android phone.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Koolking(m): 3:11pm On Feb 18, 2013
mr.drizzy:
nawao u jst dey copy and paste ni.anyhw sha well said.i dnt think theres a space for blackberry in the market,with the likes of apple,htc ,samsung,sony and new arrival into high end market techno..lets hope dey survive..

Yes summary, hence my references for you to read more
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by chucky234(m): 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
mr.drizzy:
ohk ,bt dnt be pissed on what ppl say it happens ni..jst chillax..its media..bt rating..i think htc has the first most populated smartfone nt normal fone..i havnt really confirmed sha
HTC made the first windows and android phones and was also one of the pioneers of touch-screen phones,that's where Job got his ideas to design for the iPhone.
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Jerryjat(m): 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
how about dis?....

Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by Jerryjat(m): 3:24pm On Feb 18, 2013
and dis?...

Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by great063(m): 3:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
Ok.
Re: Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! by YOUNGKAHUNA: 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
Francheezy: w0w...c0oL...
I neva knew dat bb had a flip ph0ne

Exactly What I Wanted Saying. BB Flip? Aint Cool.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sim Registration: Crowd At MTN Office Rumuodumaya, Port Harcourt (photo) / 4 Clear Signs Your Phone Was Hacked / FG Again Extends NIN Deadline By 8 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.