Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,063 members, 7,956,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:51 AM

Any Nembe People On NL? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Any Nembe People On NL? (4342 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nembe People On NL? by razznaija(f): 12:52am On Feb 18, 2013
Hello Nlers just wanted to know if there are any Nembe people here,i feel like i'm the only one on NL or any other social networking website that i'm on.
So please don't be a stranger, you can say hi,
I don't bite
ciao!!!!!
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by ijawcitizen(m): 10:25am On Mar 21, 2013
Nembe ibe, o nua o!
Though I'm not from Nembe, I am a bonafide citizen of the Ijaw Nation and I have lots of friends from bayelse-Nembe inclusive.
I'm so pleased to meet you sir
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by razznaija(f): 1:49pm On Mar 22, 2013
I'm not a sir.
BTW nua o
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by ijawcitizen(m): 6:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
Oops!
My bad. I should have been more observant.
Te bra, Opu Alaere?
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by lepasharon(f): 6:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
what is nembe?
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 22, 2013
I'm a nembe boy..

It's nice meeting you, razznembe.. wink
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by razznaija(f): 10:45pm On Mar 22, 2013
lepasharon: what is nembe?

Nembe is a town in Bayelsa state.
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by razznaija(f): 10:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
shymexx: I'm a nembe boy..

It's nice meeting you, razznembe.. wink

Good to know, how far.
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
razznaija:

Good to know, how far.

I'm good, and you?
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by razznaija(f): 4:36am On Mar 25, 2013
shymexx:

I'm good, and you?

I'm doing well, so where exactly are you from.
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by ibide(m): 8:41am On Mar 28, 2013
razznaija:

Nembe is a town in Bayelsa state.
in other ways you dont even know nembe . It is the greatest kingdom in bayelsa state
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by ijawcitizen(m): 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2013
ibide: in other ways you dont even know nembe . It is the greatest kingdom in bayelsa state
Great they are, but that distinction is irrelevant right now. All we need to do is to work hard to better the lot of the entire Ijaw nation.
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
razznaija:

I'm doing well, so where exactly are you from.

I'm from Twon and you?
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by razznaija(f): 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2013
shymexx:

I'm from Twon and you?

I'm also from Twon-Brass, but i usually claim Ogbolomabiri ( my mothers village) since I've been there several times and I've only been to Brass only once..
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by Afam4eva(m): 5:18pm On Mar 28, 2013
razznaija:

I'm also from Twon-Brass, but i usually claim Ogbolomabiri ( my mothers village) since I've been there several times and I've only been to Brass only once..
He's from Twon-Ikorodu.
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by razznaija(f): 5:25pm On Mar 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
He's from Twon-Ikorodu.

Afam politics section is calling you, go and chill wif your people.
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 28, 2013
razznaija:

I've never been to naija.. But I won't mind you showing me both Ogbolomabiri and Twon-Brass when you can... I heard both places are beautiful...
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 28, 2013
razznaija:

Afam politics section is calling, you go and chill wif your people.

Ignore Afam... grin
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by Afam4eva(m): 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
razznaija:

Afam politics section is calling, you go and chill wif your people.
You see, i'm half Twon. Though from my mother's side.
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by razznaija(f): 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2013
shymexx:

I've never been to naija.. But I won't mind you showing me both Ogbolomabiri and Twon-Brass when you can... I heard both places are beautiful...

I don't live in Nigeria either and i haven't been to my village since '06 so am just going to be as oblivious as you are.
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by razznaija(f): 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
You see, i'm half Twon. Though from my mother's side.

Have you been to your mothers village before?
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by Afam4eva(m): 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
razznaija:

Have you been to your mothers village before?
No.
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by razznaija(f): 6:26pm On Mar 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
No.
So how much do you know about your moms place?
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by Afam4eva(m): 6:27pm On Mar 28, 2013
razznaija:
So how much do you know about your moms place?
Not much. But at least i know about Ijaw. Abi, is Twon not Ijaw?
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by razznaija(f): 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
Not much. But at least i know about Ijaw. Abi, is Twon not Ijaw?

Twon is a Nembe town, Nembe is a like a kingdom and it consists of Ogbolomanbiri,Bassambri, Twon-Brass and some other small villages. Those villages speak the same language, which is Nembe.
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by Afam4eva(m): 6:53pm On Mar 28, 2013
razznaija:

Twon is a Nembe town, Nembe is a like a kingdom and it consists of Ogbolomanbiri,Bassambri, Twon-Brass and some other small villages. Those villages speak the same language, which is Nembe.
I thought the language they speak is Ijaw?
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by razznaija(f): 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
I thought the language they speak is Ijaw?
Ijaw people speak several Languages like;Kalabari,Izon,Okrika, Nembe and they are divided between Bayelsa and Rivers States. Majority of the people that live in Yenagoa (capital of Bayelsa state)speak the Izon Language, while people from Rivers state speak mostly Kalabari, Okrika and Andoni. So the correct term for people that are Okrika, Ogbia, Andoni,Nembe, Kalabari etc is actually 'Ijaw'. There are even some Ijaw people that can be located in Ondo state. I hope my explanation is correct, if someone knows more than i do you can add yours.
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by Afam4eva(m): 7:16pm On Mar 28, 2013
razznaija:
Ijaw people speak several Languages like;Kalabari,Izon,Okrika, Nembe and they are divided between Bayelsa and Rivers States. Majority of the people that live in Yenagoa (capital of Bayelsa state)speak the Izon Language, while people from Rivers state speak mostly Kalabari, Okrika and Andoni. So the correct term for people that are Okrika, Ogbia, Andoni,Nembe, Kalabari etc is actually 'Ijaw'. There are even some Ijaw people that can be located in Ondo state. I hope my explanation is correct, if someone knows more than i do you can add yours.
I actually lied about me being half Twon bit i think i'm enjoying the lecture on Nembe and Ijaw. At least i was not the only person that lied grin
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by Afam4eva(m): 7:20pm On Mar 28, 2013
The truth is; I usually get confused with this whole Ijaw thingy. When i was young, i lived in Port-Hacourt and we used to have this huge convention in church where people from Rivers, Bayelsa and some parts of Abia(mostly Aba) used to attend and there were translators for people who didn't understand English or weren't fluent in English. I was noticed that there were different translators for Nembe, Okrika, Kalabari etc and i'm like "Aren't this people all Ijaw? Can't they get one translator for everybody?". It seems to me as the Ijaw that;s spoken in Nembe and other parts of Ijawland are very different. Exceot it's a Rivers/Bayelsa thing because they also used to have different translators for Ikwerres, Ndoni, Etche and other Igbo groups in Rivers state.
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by razznaija(f): 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
I actually lied about me being half Twon bit i think i'm enjoying the lecture on Nembe and Ijaw. At least i was not the only person that lied grin

I should have ignored you Like shymmex had told me earlier,but i'm glad that you are enjoying the lecture.
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by razznaija(f): 7:42pm On Mar 28, 2013
Afam4eva: The truth is; I usually get confused with this whole Ijaw thingy. When i was young, i lived in Port-Hacourt and we used to have this huge convention in church where people from Rivers, Bayelsa and some parts of Abia(mostly Aba) used to attend and there were translators for people who didn't understand English or weren't fluent in English. I was noticed that there were different translators for Nembe, Okrika, Kalabari etc and i'm like "Aren't this people all Ijaw? Can't they get one translator for everybody?". It seems to me as the Ijaw that;s spoken in Nembe and other parts of Ijawland are very different. Exceot it's a Rivers/Bayelsa thing because they also used to have different translators for Ikwerres, Ndoni, Etche and other Igbo groups in Rivers state.

We are all Ijaws, but we speak different Languages; that how it is i guess.
Re: Any Nembe People On NL? by Afam4eva(m): 7:45pm On Mar 28, 2013
razznaija:

We are all Ijaws, but we speak different Languages; that how it is i guess.
Do you mean languages or dialects?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikwere People, Help Me Out Here: / Kingmakers To Select New Obong Of Calabar / Ikeji Arondizuogu 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.