Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Why Westerhof Fielded Only Ibos In Defence At 94 World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Westerhof Fielded Only Ibos In Defence At 94 World Cup (1591 Views)

Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof / Players Used 'voodoo' Under Westerhof- Emeka Ezeugo / Clemens Westerhof Says Siasia, Amokachi, Oliseh Are Baby Coaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Westerhof Fielded Only Ibos In Defence At 94 World Cup by my2cents(m): 8:23pm On May 03, 2006
I just got this at nigeriaworld: http://odili.net/news/source/2006/apr/30/804.html

After reading, I didn't know whether to take this as a complement (i am not ibo by the way) or an insult, whether to say "na true o" or "how dare he?".

It's like a stereotype gone wrong.

Your thoughts??
Re: Why Westerhof Fielded Only Ibos In Defence At 94 World Cup by vichel(m): 8:28pm On May 03, 2006
That's just crap, am ibo and i will not stake ma life for money
Re: Why Westerhof Fielded Only Ibos In Defence At 94 World Cup by Akolawole(m): 9:32pm On May 03, 2006
I think he chooses Ibo because they are the best at that time.

To call Diramba a moroccan, i beg

Diramba is not a Moroccan.
Re: Why Westerhof Fielded Only Ibos In Defence At 94 World Cup by spikelord(m): 11:42am On May 25, 2006
Who told you Ben Iroha is an Ibo man?
Re: Why Westerhof Fielded Only Ibos In Defence At 94 World Cup by nedu2000(m): 12:03pm On Jan 03, 2010
Uche okafor,okechukwu,emeka ezeugo,mike emenalo were our best defenders but austin eguaveon (d weak link in defence)wasnt ibo
Re: Why Westerhof Fielded Only Ibos In Defence At 94 World Cup by MrCrackles(m): 12:06pm On Jan 03, 2010
spikelord:

Ben Iroha was pretty awesome in his days. . .
So dude is not Ibo?
Dont care anyway. . . The best should be playing regardless of tribes!
Re: Why Westerhof Fielded Only Ibos In Defence At 94 World Cup by deb(m): 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2010
That is why foreign coaches may always be the best for Nigeria because they will not choose a team on tribal sentiment.
Re: Why Westerhof Fielded Only Ibos In Defence At 94 World Cup by snakova(m): 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2010
na true
Re: Why Westerhof Fielded Only Ibos In Defence At 94 World Cup by ochukoccna: 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2010
I read Ngodigha's comment with a smile not because of what he said but the remembrance of 9ja's glory football years which peaked between 1993-1996. This was a time period watching Super Eagles brought a smile to your face and a spring to your step. This was a time period an about to marry bachelor could dare to bet with a certified sex maniac using his virgin to be wife as his punt and not lose grin grin grin
A time 9ja's green white green was proudly displayed by our supporters globally
A time the Eagles could literally 'die' on the field of play
A time you saw raw passion mixed with skill and unmasked patrotism
Don't dare try that with the current hypertension inducing Eagles we parade
Eagles who bring tears to your eyes when they play cry cry cry
The younger generation may be carried away by their one flick skills & shout to high heavens but the older generation are like the the priests ,Levites and heads of the fathers’ houses, old men in the days of Ezra who had seen Solomon's temple and knew the greatness they had seen in it then couldn't be compared to what they know saw as Ezra rebuilt it [Ezra 3:10- 13]. So sad, So sad cry cry cry cry

10 When the builders laid the foundation of the temple of the LORD, the priests stood[d] in their apparel with trumpets, and the Levites, the sons of Asaph, with cymbals, to praise the LORD, according to the ordinance of David king of Israel. 11 And they sang responsively, praising and giving thanks to the LORD:

“For He is good,
     For His mercy endures forever toward Israel.”[e]

Then all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid.
12 But many of the priests and Levites and heads of the fathers’ houses, old men who had seen the first temple, wept with a loud voice when the foundation of this temple was laid before their eyes. Yet many shouted aloud for joy, 13 so that the people could not discern the noise of the shout of joy from the noise of the weeping of the people, for the people shouted with a loud shout, and the sound was heard afar off.
Re: Why Westerhof Fielded Only Ibos In Defence At 94 World Cup by chidyke77(m): 10:03pm On Jan 05, 2010
Tribalism is killing our football.
Re: Why Westerhof Fielded Only Ibos In Defence At 94 World Cup by AndreUweh(m): 12:39am On Jan 06, 2010
Ben Iroha (Iro-oha) is 100% an Igbo man. He grew up in Igboland, his education was in Igboland and he started his caeer in Igboland.
Please, it is Igbo and not Ibo.
Re: Why Westerhof Fielded Only Ibos In Defence At 94 World Cup by AndreUweh(m): 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2010
spikelord:

Ben Iroha is a proud Igbo. He is married to a proud Igbo sports lady and former captain of Grasshoppers HC of Owerri.
Saying that Iroha is not an Igbo is an insult to his identity.

(1) (Reply)

Brazil Is Not Playing Well / 100 Footballers Of All Time / What Are The Fifa Rules When There's An Even:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.