Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,288 members, 7,839,429 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos (41557 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Graphic Photos From Scene Of Bomb Blast In Gombe Today / Bomb Blast Under Amuwo-Odofin/Festac Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by truelove707: 8:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
HA AH O BOKO HARAM TI WO EKO O
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by Vado(m): 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2013
Red-Light:
hehehehe look at this goatface .... If everyone in Nigeria follow ur dumb footstep ...just talk on the internet ... Who will then start the NGO? Do u think all the blabbing u made on the internet will change anything? If u are really serious about it ..why don't u carry placard and go to aso rock where ur voice will be heard.... U know its easy for Stupiid cun.t like u to sit at the back of computer and rant after eating a bowl full of eBa and spit every jargons as they come to ur empty skull ..

How are u even sure the paramedics are not there? .. What if they were yet to attend to the man in particular and u are here already judging situation of things There when u are not even there

And if Nigeria is fail state becos paramedics didn't arrive on time ..then I guess ur stupidity is beyond repair ...

For the last time if nigeria is a fail state ... Get urself a ticket and go to hell .. And Leave the fail country for us

Jheez wtff!
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by ovo4u(m): 8:25pm On Feb 18, 2013
Oh God, pls tear any Quaram and any mallam along the street apart. Oya make una come warri abokis
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by truelove707: 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2013
Red-Light:
hehehehe look at this goatface .... If everyone in Nigeria follow ur dumb footstep ...just talk on the internet ... Who will then start the NGO? Do u think all the blabbing u made on the internet will change anything? If u are really serious about it ..why don't u carry placard and go to aso rock where ur voice will be heard.... U know its easy for Stupiid cun.t like u to sit at the back of computer and rant after eating a bowl full of eBa and spit every jargons as they come to ur empty skull ..

How are u even sure the paramedics are not there? .. What if they were yet to attend to the man in particular and u are here already judging situation of things There when u are not even there

And if Nigeria is fail state becos paramedics didn't arrive on time ..then I guess ur stupidity is beyond repair ...

For the last time if nigeria is a fail state ... Get urself a ticket and go to hell .. And Leave the fail country for us

THIS WITTER JUST ESCAPED FROM ARO MENTAL HOUSE. BEWARE!!!!!
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by Jakumo(m): 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2013
The risk of terror bombings in Lagos is ever present, but my hunch is that today's explosion was an industrial accident. The pressurized gas cylinders used by car panel repair shops have been known to blow up and kill workers from time to time, just as the high-pressure hydraulic hoses of crane trucks or bulldozers have are prone to explode when weak from excessive years of use.

A terror bombing attack in Lagos would have targeted a far more densely populated location than the space under an insignificant bridge where today's explosion took place, claiming just a couple of passers-by. Be that as it may, this likely accident does serve as a sobering reminder that Nigerian security forces need to step up their level of vigilance, in anticipation of a southward spread of fundamentalist terror attacks.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
bookface: See everyone standing there watching the dude writhe in pains. No paramedics at the scene, no first-responders, Police are nowhere to be seen, not even a damn community healthcare worker is out there attending to the wounded.

Only amebos, and gbeboruns, who will rather stand there and take pictures (for Nairaland threads), then they come here and say "God Help us oooo". Why can't humans help themselves first?

Click out of here and check out a couple of threads and you will very likely find the likes of Rossikk frothing from the mouth on why Nigeria isn't a failed state.
I couldn't have said it better.
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by ikweremilitant: 8:34pm On Feb 18, 2013
buchito1: Chai!!!
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by truelove707: 8:34pm On Feb 18, 2013
Red-Light:
if that is the only point he made .. I wouldn't have care .... But making Nigeria look like a failed state becos some people took pictures of an incident is not only stupiid but way outta context .... Are u saying Nigeria is the only place this things happen... Don't u watch foreign media when there is bomb blast and press and people try to get the footage to let people who are not there to know situation of things ... How is so sure that there are no paramidecs there or people trying to help the victims?
every thing he said about the country is true. are u guys blind? the country gat cancer
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by sandiyke(f): 8:38pm On Feb 18, 2013
Wats all dis? shocked shocked shocked Lord have mercy on us all.
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by RedLight1: 8:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Yet somebody said Nigeria is not a failed state even when there is no emergency services or paramedics around to provide first aid services.

Nawao
okay fine.... Nigeria is a failed state .... Now tell me ... How does this comment stop Nigeria from been a failed state? What have u done to make sure Nigeria didn't fail ... Are paramedics not humans?

IF TOU ARE A CITIZEN OF A FAIL STATE .. THAT MEANS YOU HAVE FAILED TOO . ..cos a nation didn't just fail ...its citizen made it fail
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by searay(m): 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2013
Yellow_Mosquito: God help us ooooooo
No! No! No!
He will not. He made everything bright and beautiful but MAN decided to spoil it. Help can only come when we are read to help ourselves.
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by RedLight1: 8:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
truelove707:
every thing he said about the country is true. are u guys blind? the country gat cancer
okay the country got cancer ... Everyone knows that ... Now how does criticizing unnecessarily make the cancer go away ..when u have the ability to change things?
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by Reyspin(m): 8:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
??
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by Humphreydis(m): 8:58pm On Feb 18, 2013
djkaneo: 10th to comment
....I wonder wetin Seun dey use him time dey do...cnt u sanitise dis individuals?!!..
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by Humphreydis(m): 9:00pm On Feb 18, 2013
.....after dem go dey say unemployment rate dey high 4 naija...mtcheew!
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by Proffdada: 9:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
See first responders with cameras.well, microwave from his phone must have triggered some pressurized container and since he's a union leader speculation of bomb assassination is inevitable
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by Emma17: 9:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
bookface: See everyone standing there watching the dude writhe in pains. No paramedics at the scene, no first-responders, Police are nowhere to be seen, not even a damn community healthcare worker is out there attending to the wounded.

Only amebos, and gbeboruns, who will rather stand there and take pictures (for Nairaland threads), then they come here and say "God Help us oooo". Why can't humans help themselves first?

Click out of here and check out a couple of threads and you will very likely find the likes of Rossikk frothing from the mouth on why Nigeria isn't a failed state.

I was there, just across the bridge on 1st avenue when we heard the loud bang. It was so loud within that neighborhood that we all panicked and wondered what was going on. I told my friend that its probably the borehole drilling guys using explosive to brow up some rocks under the ground just calm our nerves, not quite some seconds after that we saw people heading and focusing their gaze towards the bridge. #We decided to drive cross the bridge to see what the fuse is all about since we were already in the car. On getting closer we saw cars on the hard shoulder of the bridge with people looking down the water below, we got out of the car joined the people to see what was going on but i saw nothing. I called out to a mechanic looking guy standing at the river bank staring at something under the bridge that we eye up the bridge could not see. He signed with his hands that somebody cut into two, then we knew it was a bomb. On getting across the bridge we decided to take the right side exit to see the scene under the bridge, the cloud and up coming traffic obstruct our way forward. Then i saw some police men on mufti arrive at the scene with a vanagon bus and them AK47s . There and then i knew its time to leave b4 they start there usual thing (Arresting people they feel that can bring money to bail their self). On my way out somebody said he opened it and it blow. I am guessing here that these a planned assassination or somebody fell into another mans trap. Just my guess!!

Their was no ambulance or bomb squad for about seven to 10 minute I spent there. Is Nigeria not just a **** state?
May the soul of the dead rest in peace. Amen

Eye witness report.
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
Yellow_Mosquito: God help us ooooooo

Yoruba pple oya oh.Abi na wen dey bomb govt.huz?
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by violent(m): 9:26pm On Feb 18, 2013
Billyonaire: Many of you dont really know the meaning of failed state. I hate ignorance and foolishness, but I dont hate you.

Hahahaha, we don't know the meaning of a failed state? Is this Blind patriotism or just plain ignorance? Any country that fails in some of the most basic duties of a sovereign government is a failed state. In the case of Nigeria, could we get any more tangible evidence than that a man who bleeds all over himself and writhes in pain without a single hope of getting immediate medical care?

Nigeria first appeared on the list of failed state index in 2007 and has remained on that list ever since. We have mobs lynching people on our streets in the most inhumane sense known to mankind with impunity; We have more than 90 million living below poverty threshold in the one of the richest black nations on earth by natural resources; 150 million people living in darkness or are forced to source their own power supply; the roads are dangerous to travel by, so also is travelling by air; The healthcare system does not work, even the president's wife gets flown to Germany for hiccups; Educational institutions are cancerous, and evidence of that is a certain poster around here who goes by the handle Red-light; The Nigerian Justice system is a joke, the more you steal the more you are likely to avoid a jail sentence;

How else does one define a failed state?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by freeman191(m): 9:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
God hav mercy on us
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by nagoma(m): 9:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
ovo4u: Oh God, pls tear any Quaram and any mallam along the street apart. Oya make una come warri abokis

Your many Step papas are irresponsible ( I know nobody knows your real old man ) , why do I have to give you home training via NL?
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by skyp(m): 10:13pm On Feb 18, 2013
I just heard from channelstv news according to the police the explosion wasn't a bomb but an electrical fault
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 18, 2013

Nigerians have all developed thick skin due to hardship...

I tot likewise, it made me conclude the man on the ground with a bloodied face must have been the bomber. So me keep quiet.
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 18, 2013
fkaz: Finally boko haram, an arm of PDP land lagos.

Watching cool in 3D

Nah ACN dey rule lagos nah. Maybe their boko haram department...
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by truelove707: 11:05pm On Feb 18, 2013
Red-Light:
okay the country got cancer ... Everyone knows that ... Now how does criticizing unnecessarily make the cancer go away ..when u have the ability to change things?
Hum i one can not fight alone during save nigeria did u come out? Only war will bring peace cause there is no unity why force it
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by Eleponblue(m): 11:14pm On Feb 18, 2013

FOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by kallysky(f): 11:16pm On Feb 18, 2013
what could have caused this explosion
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by Hardfact: 11:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
Pray Lagos' not now joined the list terrorised states?
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
Emma%:

I was there, just across the bridge on 1st avenue when we heard the loud bang. It was so loud within that neighborhood that we all panicked and wondered what was going on. I told my friend that its probably the borehole drilling guys using explosive to brow up some rocks under the ground just calm our nerves, not quite some seconds after that we saw people heading and focusing their gaze towards the bridge. #We decided to drive cross the bridge to see what the fuse is all about since we were already in the car. On getting closer we saw cars on the hard shoulder of the bridge with people looking down the water below, we got out of the car joined the people to see what was going on but i saw nothing. I called out to a mechanic looking guy standing at the river bank staring at something under the bridge that we eye up the bridge could not see. He signed with his hands that somebody cut into two, then we knew it was a bomb. On getting across the bridge we decided to take the right side exit to see the scene under the bridge, the cloud and up coming traffic obstruct our way forward. Then i saw some police men on mufti arrive at the scene with a vanagon bus and them AK47s . There and then i knew its time to leave b4 they start there usual thing (Arresting people they feel that can bring money to bail their self). On my way out somebody said he opened it and it blow. I am guessing here that these a planned assassination or somebody fell into another mans trap. Just my guess!!

Their was no ambulance or bomb squad for about seven to 10 minute I spent there. Is Nigeria not just a **** state?
May the soul of the dead rest in peace. Amen

Eye witness report.
exactly d same story i heard.
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by JummyBy: 11:43pm On Feb 18, 2013

True talk my brother
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by rushj(m): 11:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
Ola0711: Yoruba people keep romancing the north! Hahahahahahaha...ACP..na small b dis one....yoruba muslims are trying to do wat their northern muslims are doing...ACN+CPC=BOKOHARAM
Yeye mumu donkey rat fool etc. It wil come to ur head one day. Watch ur tonque
Re: Pictures From Scene Of Explosion Under Festac Bridge In Lagos by amosy007: 1:44am On Feb 19, 2013
truelove707:
Hum i one can not fight alone during save nigeria did u come out? Only war will bring peace cause there is no unity why force it
buh u forgot no matter how hard u try... U are part of the dis unity and the failure... The nation fail coz its citizens failed to do the ryt tin (nigeria is not the only nation with diverse culture or religion) take the south africans and chinese as example...(asking for war is childish and sumtin that will never happen again) And u cnt put everytin on d leaders when the leaders come frm the same people that refuse to do the right tin... No matter how u see it... We are all part of the failed system and criticizin the system wnt make d pain go away buh acting and doing the right tin... Thats d point i was trying to make that all of u want my head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Getting Whopped On Twitter For Lying / Boss Mustapha: If It Means To Lock Down Again, We Will Not Shy Away / Court Overrules Tinubu And APC, Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Petitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.