Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Difference Between Shift And Linear Solenoid - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Difference Between Shift And Linear Solenoid (8755 Views)

My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error / DIY Replacement Of VTEC Solenoid Spool Valve Filter (03-07 Accord) / Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Shift And Linear Solenoid by eleven(m): 6:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
Reference to my earlier challenge here: https://www.nairaland.com/1191280/transmission-issues-honda-crv-2002 I figure I could try some DIY since most people I have spoken to believes the transmission is damage and advised I change it.

While waiting for the cash to purchase another one...I decided to conduct a research on the error code 0758 - shift solenoid B eletrical circuit report.

I found out the symptoms I am experiencing aligns with the symptoms of a bad shift solenoid B valve or switch (not sure if switch or valve is the right name).

My challenge now is locating where that switch or valve is located in the vehicle. I have searched widely on the internet without positive result.

The best I could come up with is a picture identifying the switch, meanwhile I have searched the car with the help of a mechanic and an electrician using the picture I found on the net...no luck.

The closest part we could find in the car that has a brown and black connection looking like that of the shift solenoid picture is called a linear solenoid.

The mechanic and electrcian are convinced that's the part but somehow I am not convinced yet.

Experts in the house what do you think? These are the pictures: Pix 1 & 2 is shift solenoid A & B while pix 3 is the linear solenoid

Re: Difference Between Shift And Linear Solenoid by eleven(m): 6:08pm On Mar 17, 2013
Finally got a good rewirer who understands the problem very well.

Changed the shift solenoid B (Picture 1) and the gear is working again now
Re: Difference Between Shift And Linear Solenoid by layday2005: 9:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
hw will identify solenoid B in honda baby boy v6 98 model. its having the same issue. pls send ur no to 07069686068. we have to talk.
Re: Difference Between Shift And Linear Solenoid by eleven(m): 11:45pm On Mar 17, 2013
layday2005: hw will identify solenoid B in honda baby boy v6 98 model. its having the same issue. pls send ur no to 07069686068. we have to talk.

I will advise you call the electrician that fixed mine. That guy is good, very professional and understand transmission issues very well. Highly experienced. His name is Sunday and his number is: 08023696673. Guys like him needs to be encouraged. All the best.
Re: Difference Between Shift And Linear Solenoid by Ngutor(m): 7:17am On Mar 19, 2013
eleven:

I will advise you call the electrician that fixed mine. That guy is good, very professional and understand transmission issues very well. Highly experienced. His name is Sunday and his number is: 08023696673. Guys like him needs to be encouraged. All the best.
Good day sir. Please where is his location?
Re: Difference Between Shift And Linear Solenoid by donbuchi1(m): 10:34pm On Aug 08, 2013
Thanks for all these info

(1) (Reply)

Are Women Safer Drivers Than Men? / Nairaland Members Car Day / Why Does My Honda Accord 2005 Model Rev Itself Any Time I Start It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.