Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... - Webmasters (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... (11906 Views)

Top Traffic (most Visited) Website 2015 / Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians / Nairaland The 8th Most Visited Website In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by IFELEKE(m): 5:21pm On Feb 20, 2013
On Point!
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by miz4oxley(m): 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2013
www.lindaikeji..com you don hear. Hmmm Seun an millionaire oh!
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Nonybb: 7:30pm On Feb 20, 2013
tzetzefly:

[b]The site was rumoured to have been offered $1 million for an acquisition by Naspers/MIH Internet Africa back in 2010, but Osewa reportedly rejected the offer.[/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

www.techloy.com/2013/02/19/nairaland-topples-news24-emerges-the-most-visited-site-in-africa-says-alexa/
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 20, 2013
tzetzefly: While Alexa rankings have been criticised for its inaccuracy, it still remains the most popular tool to monitor a site’s traffic health in Africa and has been regarded as the web industry’s de facto public resource for information about website’s statistics.

Interestingly, Nairaland, which has been Nigeria’s most popular and visited website for several years, has now emerged the most visited website in Africa, according to Alexa.

Nairaland which claims to have over a million
registered users, over 4 million unique visitors and over 35 million page views monthly, as at November 2012 toppled South Africa-based 24- hour online news service, News24, owned by Naspers Group to become the number one most visited site in Africa.

Founded by media-shy Web entrepreneur, Seun Osewa as an online forum back in March 2005, Nairaland has grown to become a leading source of information and entertainment, featuring news, sports, technology, culture, politics, religion, career, business, education and much more.

The site was rumoured to have been offered $1 million for an acquisition by Naspers/MIH Internet Africa back in 2010, but Osewa reportedly rejected the offer.

www.techloy.com/2013/02/19/nairaland-topples-news24-emerges-the-most-visited-site-in-africa-says-alexa/
ok, but why is seun not accorded a celebrity status? like the likes of yahoo, google, facebook e.t.c or is it jinx?? lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2013
Congrats to Seun and fellow forum members for this achievement! Let's keep it up!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by ba7man(m): 8:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
I was once somewhere and a guy walked in and greeted everyone, stood beside me and exchanged banter with the people in the place for a short while. This guy left shortly and one of the people in the room noticed i was on Nairaland. He then told me it was the owner that just left (Seun Osewa). I didn't even aknowledge his presence due to his anonymous nature while he was in the room. That is a true mark of humility.
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 20, 2013
Elxandre:

The thing dey vex me sef! D linda girl is now feeling like she's richer than mr seun...Oga start showing yourself at events at least a little bit..

u pple should leave seun alone!abi? This hardworking gentleman has berra things to do than waste his time on paparazzi. he doesnt make his money spreading gossip tongue
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Seun(m): 8:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
ba7man: I was once somewhere and a guy walked in and greeted everyone, stood beside me and exchanged banter with the people in the place for a short while. This guy left shortly and one of the people in the room noticed i was on Nairaland. He then told me it was the owner that just left (Seun Osewa). I didn't even aknowledge his presence due to his anonymous nature while he was in the room. That is a true mark of humility.
Nope, sorry, that was not me. I can't remember the last time I "exchanged banter" with any human people. embarassed
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by dubem3(m): 9:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
Seun:
Nope, sorry, that was not me. I can't remember the last time I "exchanged banter" with any human people. embarassed

oh come on!
he didn't even mention any date
and why would u not be in touch with humans?
ibu onye mmuo?
nwoke'm uche gi di kwa ya oh!
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Jamji: 9:44pm On Feb 20, 2013
This is Progress.
Kudos.

www.smallbusiness.com.ng/10k.html ( you can make N10k daily)
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by deepwaters(f): 9:54pm On Feb 20, 2013
Seun:

✽ℓ☺ℓ✽✓ you're joking right?? So what d'you banter with? Computers Kudos all the same!
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Seun(m): 9:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
deepwaters :
✽ℓ☺ℓ✽✓ you're joking right?? So what d'you banter with? Computers Kudos all the same!
Thanks! Yea, I was joking.

I truly feel that Nairaland members are responsible for this achievement, and I'm very grateful to them - to you!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by dubem3(m): 10:45pm On Feb 20, 2013
Seun:

I truly feel that Nairaland members are responsible for this achievement, and I'm very grateful to them - to you!

i feel better with that
congrats
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by searchcorp(m): 11:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
common guys, congrats to seun and everybody that made this happen..... lets go ahead and make nairaland the most visited site in the world. wow, i so happy. yipee!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by kallysky(f): 11:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
1 million dollars offered to nairaland?
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Brains1313(m): 10:18am On Feb 21, 2013
First and foremost I wish to congratulate Seun for a wonderful idea and his team for believing in him.

But having said that, it is important to emphasise that the success of the site is hinged on traffic, and traffic means people (fellow Nairalanders). Without traffic, the site will be dead in weeks. That is why every Nairalander should also congratulate one another for being part of this history.

However, it is my desire to see its membership increase to 5, 10, 20, 40 million and more.

But for that to happen, I expect Seun and his team to,
1. Add more features to the site.
2. Create more and better applications.
3. Collaborate with Facebook and other larger organizations etc.
4. Above all, treat Nairalanders with a better customer care service.

Once again, I wish Seun, his team and fellow Nairalanders greater achievements in the future.
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Brains1313(m): 10:34am On Feb 21, 2013
K_ONE: ok, but why is seun not accorded a celebrity status? like the likes of yahoo, google, facebook e.t.c or is it jinx?? lipsrsealed

It is the responsibility of Nigeria press to do that. But because him no dei distribute brown envelopes, they no get his time.

Anyway, God knows how to promote his own.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Brains1313(m): 10:46am On Feb 21, 2013
preshuzpearl:

u pple should leave seun alone!abi? This hardworking gentleman has berra things to do than waste his time on paparazzi. he doesnt make his money spreading gossip tongue

I totally agree with you.

What Linda does is in most cases is copy and paste.
But what Seun has done is to take an idea from scratch and build it from ground floor up.
As far I am concerned, Seun is a GENIUS.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Brains1313(m): 11:05am On Feb 21, 2013
Afam4eva: Can a forum ever be the most visited website in the world? I must commend Nairaland for attaining this level of success with just one product. Imagine if nairaland adds new products. What will happen then?

It does not matter if it is a blog, forum or website.
What matters is to keep the traffic flowing. And the ranking will continue to increase.

I look for to Nairaland branded products (not chinko) like T-shirts etc.
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Brains1313(m): 11:45am On Feb 21, 2013
all-out:

Harbinger of bad tidings! Who knew NL would be where it is today when it started. With better packaging, your so-called yahoo et al will either propose merger/buy-out or get rolled over! tongue

We've conquered Africa. . . next stop, the world!

I totally agree with you.

The problem with most of us is that we have allowed circumstances and environment to limit our dreams and potentials. Nothing is impossible if we believe in a dream/idea and take the appropriate actions at the right time.

Nairaland, keep matching forward!
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Sike(m): 1:53pm On Feb 21, 2013
[B]NOT SUPRISED[/B]
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by chillykelly86(m): 2:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
tzetzefly: While Alexa rankings have been criticised for its inaccuracy, it still remains the most popular tool to monitor a site’s traffic health in Africa and has been regarded as the web industry’s de facto public resource for information about website’s statistics.

Interestingly, Nairaland, which has been Nigeria’s most popular and visited website for several years, has now emerged the most visited website in Africa, according to Alexa.

Nairaland which claims to have over a million
registered users, over 4 million unique visitors and over 35 million page views monthly, as at November 2012 toppled South Africa-based 24- hour online news service, News24, owned by Naspers Group to become the number one most visited site in Africa.

Founded by media-shy Web entrepreneur, Seun Osewa as an online forum back in March 2005, Nairaland has grown to become a leading source of information and entertainment, featuring news, sports, technology, culture, politics, religion, career, business, education and much more.

The site was rumoured to have been offered $1 million for an acquisition by Naspers/MIH Internet Africa back in 2010, but Osewa reportedly rejected the offer.

With information at my disposal, I think the topic of this thread is not correct.
At the last check(21st February 2013), Nairaland is the 8th most popular site in Nigeria(based on average daily visitors and pageviews)
Aside Nigeria, the next country where it is ranked highest is Ghana(45th most popular site)
The following sites are ranked 1st to 7th, above nairaland.com, facebook.com, google.com.ng, google.com, yahoo.com, youtube.com, .com and twitter.com

From the above, it is obvious that nairaland.com is the top ranked indigenous site. I am assuming that this is what the thread starter wanted to pass across. This can also justify the top rank in Africa as Nigeria's superior population of internet users can make the difference when compared with the South African site in question.

So, Nairaland is the most visited Indigenous website in Africa should be closer to the reality.

Please, for more information on nairaland.com's current Alexa traffic rankings, follow this link
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/nairaland.com#
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by dj5naira(m): 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2013
Lice.
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by dj5naira(m): 11:49am On Feb 22, 2013
executinal: And when will Seun introduce dislike button wink wink

When Zuckerberg introduce his.
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by dj5naira(m): 12:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
tomakint: and remember to consider me when the goody goody finally jell wink

ME?

US!!!
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 24, 2013
Seun:

you banned me for airing my opinion abi? Your days are... lipsrsealed anyway, na you get your forum sha.
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Anyi3(m): 5:14pm On Feb 24, 2013
sheyie2007: [size=20pt]we need an android app for goodness sake![/size]
Don't mind all those peeps in the programming threads. Let them make one na
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by matrixme(m): 1:03am On Feb 28, 2013
Where is Nairaland official contact? I think a Web personality profile should be included on Nairaland, such that the popular people in Nigeria gets to answer any question from the average guy out there with a mobile phone browser that accesses this website. In that way, Nairaland is helping to clear the air and allowing the common man to actually understand the motive behind events and actions that affect everyone in the country alike.. Thankfully, forum admin would be on ground to block irrelevant questions and regulate activities. I do hope Nairaland listens!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! / Top 5 Blog In Nigeria For Latest Free Browsing Cheats. / Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.