Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe (35243 Views)

Missing Pregnant Woman In Abuja Found (See Photos) / 107 Year Old Man Weds 95 Year Old Woman In Plateau / 21 Years Old Boy Marries 52 Years Old Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by buchibabe: 7:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
dridowu: Odd news alwaz happen in zimbabwe

Exactly! Dia is dis zimbabwe news blog or somthin like dat I usually follow,u go just tire for d kind gist wey dey com frm dat country. Bizzare!!!
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by dbride: 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
Why do people not read the article before they make their comments? They end up asking stupid questions and comment out of context. Must they say something?
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by vanstanzy(m): 7:51pm On Feb 20, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

[size=16pt]HEY HEY SHUT UP!

whats the problem here? are they causing harm to anyone? is it affecting the Nations economy?

this is just symbolic ritualism. it doesnt mean the boy has to consummte the marriage or he has to live with her.

it is based on oracular consultance to keep forces at bay.

i have seen similar cases take place in Asia, parts of Africa,etc. .

the woman is happy about it, the boy is happy, her husband and children are happy. so why is it bothering you?

the child clearly stated that he will marry someone of his age once he grows up. you dont need to worry for him.[/size]

U dey tell ur papa to shut up? All these small boiz of these days sef? I can see elders don't grow in ur village. >:

( angry angry I only called on u, cos i knew u'ld be in the best position to explain this oracle stuff.

Lastly, am not worried for the child, am worried for u, and i'ld advice u to do same too.
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by TUMIC(m): 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
FAKE STORY
FAKE STORY
FAKE STORY
FAKE STORY
FAKE STORY
HOW MANY TIMES? = 5
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by spicyshot(f): 8:43pm On Feb 20, 2013
Partial madness of d gods...
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by MahatmaGhandi: 9:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
Image123: foolishness remains bound in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction will drive it FAR from him. They need the Gospel in that community.

hahahahahaha
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2013
vanstanzy:

U dey tell ur papa to shut up? All these small boiz of these days sef? I can see elders don't grow in ur village. >:

( angry angry I only called on u, cos i knew u'ld be in the best position to explain this oracle stuff.

Lastly, am not worried for the child, am worried for u, and i'ld advice u to do same too.

so what if he is small boiz? he has no brain of his own? the oracle stated so and he is following it. it is no big deal. its like a symbolic union to appease a bygone spirit of the ancestor.

you don't need to worry about me. worry about your nation.
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by Ezekiah1977(m): 9:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
How on earth can this be possible? 8 years old boy marries 61 years old woman. The end time is near.
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by kallysky(f): 11:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
lol
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by AdeMarley: 11:30pm On Feb 20, 2013
what kind of joke is this...abeg nairaland stop all this its not funny,even check out the name their money so funni lobola
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by kolamilan(m): 1:01am On Feb 21, 2013
orishirishi
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by redsun(m): 3:25am On Feb 21, 2013
Could the ancestors have wanted a white wedding?Were they conversant with white wedding?
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by Nobody: 5:11am On Feb 21, 2013
remecy: It bafos me that people still believe in ancestors in this present generation. I wish them well and hope there will be no kids involved.

It's not a believe, it's tradition. Why do people still believe in kings and queens in this modern age?
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by dokunbam(m): 9:41am On Feb 21, 2013
This seriously serious, i cant believe my eyes
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by juscane(m): 12:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sum ancestors dis days no dey try oooo..........abeg make una answer me dis question,,,,,,,,dat kind tin fit hapen 4 dis our 9ja??
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by delords2: 1:31pm On Feb 21, 2013
That's why they are too backward in all areas of life because if given the opportunity, they will all return to the days of their ancestors and live in like manner. Too bad for the 8-year-old victim....
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 25, 2013
lol. grin

no comment!!
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by pearldrops(f): 11:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
Why didn't they wait till when the young lad gets to the maturity age to fulfil their ancestral promise abi rites
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by UjSizzle(f): 12:40am On Mar 11, 2013
Can't help but wonder what their legal system is like over there, cos the state should have intervened on normal grounds.
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by angel703: 11:03am On Mar 03, 2015
nawaooo who even join this kind of couple the is still a kid now
Re: 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 04, 2015
specialguest:
Wonders shall never end! I can bet this kind of bizzare wedding cannot take place in Nigeria without the women's society and other groups kicking against it ( i trust my country).. I find it totally delusional that a grand mother would actually 'marry' a kid young enough to be her grand child all in the name of satisfying some idols.. Poor boy he may not know gravity of what he has gotten into.

Of course, the same way you believe that your fellow man, whom your ancestors never saw, died on the cross for your sin. A typical example of how myopic some people are: questioning others cultural relevance while being soaked in your own delusion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vure Kingsley Ovonix Names His Son After Zuckerberg. Met His Wife On Facebook / Woman Gives Birth To Baby At A Plaza In Uyo (Photos) / Beautiful Photos Of 5 Family In Matching Outfits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.