Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Is It Right/wrong For Daddy To Go Into Mummy's Pot Of Soup. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Right/wrong For Daddy To Go Into Mummy's Pot Of Soup. (656 Views)

What My Daddy Found Inside Stock Fish's Head. / A Picture Of A Snake Soup In A Pot / The Nigerian Tribe With The Highest Variety Of Soup Is? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right/wrong For Daddy To Go Into Mummy's Pot Of Soup. by tripledub: 8:53am On Feb 20, 2013
Fellow Nairalanders, my daddy is a civil servant and closes at 4pm each day while my mummy is a trader and she closes at 6pm. Each time my daddy comes back from work before her, he ll just dive into d kitchen and open d pot of soup or whatever meal that was prepared for d day and give himself a great treat. On most occasions forgetting to properly cover the pot.
This has been going on for sometime now making both of them to ve heavy arguments on most evenings. Pls i need ur comments on this cos i can't really figure out who is right or wrong. Thanks.
Re: Is It Right/wrong For Daddy To Go Into Mummy's Pot Of Soup. by Enoquin(f): 11:11am On Feb 20, 2013
Some women don't like others messing with their pots of food, others don't mind.
Perhaps, your mother is among the former or perhaps your father leaves the pot 'area'/kitchen untidy...like -as you said- not properly closing the pot etc.
Let your mother dish your father's food out into a food flask or out into a smaller pot so whatever he does there is none of her business.
Re: Is It Right/wrong For Daddy To Go Into Mummy's Pot Of Soup. by tripledub: 12:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
@Enoquin, thanks dear. I ll ve a talk with my mum on d idea of getting a flask. I never taught of this before. I just pray my dad don't start eating outside cos of this.
Re: Is It Right/wrong For Daddy To Go Into Mummy's Pot Of Soup. by dominique(f): 5:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
I suppose your folks must be hapilly married if pot of soup is the main cause of arguement between them. Kudos to them. I personally don't see a big deal in my husband opening the pots and dishing food himelf. Human Nature differ sha.
Re: Is It Right/wrong For Daddy To Go Into Mummy's Pot Of Soup. by Enoquin(f): 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
tripledub: @Enoquin, thanks dear. I ll ve a talk with my mum on d idea of getting a flask. I never taught of this before. I just pray my dad don't start eating outside cos of this.

I don't think your dad would start eating outside if your mum explained that perhaps the soup got spoilt sometimes because of maybe the way your father dished.
You are welcome
Re: Is It Right/wrong For Daddy To Go Into Mummy's Pot Of Soup. by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 22, 2013
Is your mum the breadwinner? And your dad on the breadline? Perhaps that's what's giving her the impetus to quarrel with her husband over a common pot of soup.

(1) (Reply)

Is It True That Garri Makes One Blind? / What Can N5 Buy In Ur Area? / Chivita: Leveraging 100% Juice Content For Market Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.