Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,666 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately (6411 Views)

I Am Dating A Married Man Who Is About Divorcing His Wife / I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE / I Urgently Need Ur Advice On My Husband And His Ex-girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Woged2005(f): 3:12pm On Feb 23, 2013
Sorry about ur situation but I am confused about ur story. People who want to stay married do everything to keep their marriage whatetver the sacrifice. Nairalanders don't know u or ur husband and what's ben going on. A wise person cannot jude a case from only one side of the story. However,I thought one of the prerequisites to divorce is proving that the couple have not been intimate for some period of time? A judge doesn't grant a divorce simply bc you want to quit. Otherwise people will be quiting everyday. You have to meet certain conditions. Consult a Lawyer! But look at what you've been doing that brought the situation, and change it. That could be a faster solution.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by mofolorunshoabi: 10:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
My dear familylanders! Quiet sometime now that we have communicated last. I have been trying to redirect the course of my journey. Now if u can recollect my last post, I told u he had taken me to court and we are still on the matter. The issue now is that he is sending a trusted friend of his to me saying he wants me to come and enjoy the largese he is currently enjoying with this "rich and matured" widow. Now he travels more often overseas, he changes cars and has even bought house in london. Going back to his marriage with me means going back to poverty. How can the lure of money make a man sacrifice his children and wife( that started life with u when you had nothing) for things money can buy? I have told the friend to tell him to pls go ahead and enjoy life with his 'mummy and adopted' children. As long as God is still on the throne, we will never lack! Pls pray for us.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by baby124: 10:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
mofolorunshoabi: My dear familylanders! Quiet sometime now that we have communicated last. I have been trying to redirect the course of my journey. Now if u can recollect my last post, I told u he had taken me to court and we are still on the matter. The issue now is that he is sending a trusted friend of his to me saying he wants me to come and enjoy the largese he is currently enjoying with this "rich and matured" widow. Now he travels more often overseas, he changes cars and has even bought house in london. Going back to his marriage with me means going back to poverty. How can the lure of money make a man sacrifice his children and wife( that started life with u when you had nothing) for things money can buy? I have told the friend to tell him to pls go ahead and enjoy life with his 'mummy and adopted' children. As long as God is still on the throne, we will never lack! Pls pray for us.

You are blessed dont worry. He has shat where he ate, he will do it again. An animal is an animal.

2 Likes

Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by princessmoi: 1:05am On Mar 20, 2013
mofolorunshoabi: My dear familylanders! Quiet sometime now that we have communicated last. I have been trying to redirect the course of my journey. Now if u can recollect my last post, I told u he had taken me to court and we are still on the matter. The issue now is that he is sending a trusted friend of his to me saying he wants me to come and enjoy the largese he is currently enjoying with this "rich and matured" widow. Now he travels more often overseas, he changes cars and has even bought house in london. Going back to his marriage with me means going back to poverty. How can the lure of money make a man sacrifice his children and wife( that started life with u when you had nothing) for things money can buy? I have told the friend to tell him to pls go ahead and enjoy life with his 'mummy and adopted' children. As long as God is still on the throne, we will never lack! Pls pray for us.

DIVORCE that man, divorce that man, DIVORCE THAT MAN! Okay!
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 1:12am On Mar 20, 2013
Thank God you are now thinking right! My dear, please move on with your life. Trust God to give you the necessary cushion to be able to take care of you and your children. This too, shall pass!
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Ivynwa(f): 3:46am On Mar 20, 2013
@Poster
Be strong girl, it's going to be alright.

1 Like

Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 5:29am On Mar 20, 2013
@Op
That's the spirit I was looking for. God will see you through.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by biolabee(m): 8:18am On Mar 20, 2013
Tragic turn of events though what he means by 'come and enjoy with me' is unclear

From your earlier accounts, he took you to court so why is he sending a mediator

What role does he want you to play in this arrangement exactly

What did he say about the kids

When this mediator came round, was there anyone else with you like your lawyer to help so that emotions don't play up in these.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by carmelion(f): 9:19am On Mar 20, 2013
I had to log in because of this.
@op,I am not married yet,but i know that most women idolize the first man in their life.(that is what is happening to you now).You feel you cant stand up to him,he made you a complete woman,so you are weak to fight him.

39-16=23.Its not as if the age is of importance but you entered marriage with so much naivety.This same naivety made you not to see the early signs that your husband was cheating on you.Yes,because,this whole widow thing did not start today.It have teyed(comedians English).I also want you to know that this widow has cast a spell on your husband shocked.

A God fearing woman would ask him after his wife.if he says they are divorced,she should ask for proves,if he says,she is late,she would still ask for proves.

Just like others has been saying,you need to fight this man,both legally and spiritually.I really dont know the name of NGOs that fight for women in your shoes in this country,but aunty mi,you need them like air now.

I know you are a nice lady,so as usual,you might just let him have his way,with the usual thought of"my kids would look for me".Life is full of twists,a lot a could go wrong and you find yourself introducing yourself to your kids later in the future.

That man is not doing this thing with his clear eyes,fight him,if not for anything,at least for a 50/50 custody like you said.Meanwhile,try and stop meeting him for sex(it would only make you weaker).That would let him know that you guys are no longer on the same page. Don't beg him to come back to you,he will do so when his eyes have cleared but don't let him take this kids from you,you need company,loneliness is a a disease.

I honestly wish i can help you more than this.This is why it is good to have some crazy friends some times.My best friend would slap the hell out of me,and personally take up the case
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by mofolorunshoabi: 9:50am On Mar 20, 2013
My dear Cameleon, infact the mistakes I did in my marriage out of naiveity, I pray my girls don't fall prey. Its better to marry when you are psychologically ready!
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by carmelion(f): 10:26am On Mar 20, 2013
mofolorunshoabi: My dear Cameleon, infact the mistakes I did in my marriage out of naiveity, I pray my girls don't fall prey. Its better to marry when you are psychologically ready!

It is okay,I would have been married before now,but I knew I would have made a lot of mistakes.I learnt from my older folks.Maybe am ready now,may be am not but I know that am a lot wiser now,than 3-4yrs ago.I will send you a PM later Honey,You are not alone.please be strong.(((Bighug)))kiss
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Iranoladun(f): 2:56pm On Mar 20, 2013
Dear Poster, God will see you through this victoriously. You need to be strong, calm and collected. This is the time to remain focus on your objective - Win the Custody of your children
All your thoughts ans actions towards this divorce case should be focus on this objective.

What your 'husband' is trying to do by sending a 'mediator' to you during a divorce case center on children custody is just to spite you and weaken your defence (by the Mediator telling you story of riches!) Do not give in please! undecided
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2013

If this is the only time in your life you can be strong. Be strong.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by juleze(f): 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
Wow! I can't imagine what would have happened if †ђξ woman had listened to some advices (manybe even from her husband) that she shouldn't work. She would have been i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ w larger mess right now.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by andyanders: 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
mofolorunshoabi: I got married at 23 to a 34yr old man. The marriage has produced 3 lovely kids. The relationship was based on pure love as my husband had nothing then. As time went on I was made to realise that while am married to my husband, he is married to his family, especially his mother. Am a lagosian while he is from the eastern part. All the quarells we had is over issues like his friend advising him to change kids sch saying its too expensive etc. It got so bad that anytime we quarel, his mother and sister will tell him to send me away. He did at one time and his sister started staying with him for over one year. The issue was reconciled and I went back. We have 2girls and a son but I decided to put a hold on having kids for now because he gives us 3,000 for feeding weekly which was grossly inadequaate. I pay for lesson teacher, pay for dstv, augment feeding allowance weekly, give our first child in boarding sch pocket money and buy her provisions, bought most of the gadgets at home on lease and pay thru my salary. My sin with my in-laws is that I refused to have another son but none of them cared to know how we are managing as a family. For almost 2yrs now that he chased us out after a qarrel, we have been staying with my parents and I have been responsible for the kids welfare and others. He has thus relocated to another part of town and living with a widow of 4 kids; a lady he had dated while they were in university in the east. He has filed for a divorce now saying he wants to take the kids to his mum in the east so they will learn his language. The matter is up for hearing now but the twist to the story now is that we are still romantically involved. We meet often in an hotel and he tells me it was a mistake that we both made especially on my not having more male children. He wants to get an appartment for me yet he is asking the court for dissolution of the marraige so he can marry the wodow of 4. Pls advice me, I love him so much and he was the one that disvirgined me.

Your husband is under manipulation by the other woman spiritually. He is not acting with his senses. Go to Synagogue Church on his behalf for deliverance and his eyes will be opened.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by i1: 12:01am On Mar 21, 2013
Madam Op! Since our Oga is offering us a share of the largesse, he can pay you a lump sum as alimony to leave him and a monthly sum as Child allowance while he is primarily responsible for School Fees, medical, and welfare of the Kids!
As to the issue of custody, insist on custody and also whatever you do, be his friend(for the kids sake) and not his lover
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by kimhilson001: 2:24am On Mar 21, 2013
Hello,I'm kim from Australia i want to thank dr khakani for what he has done for me in my life,After my lover left me for over 5years without no notice i was so frustrated and confused i never knew what to do until i got in contact with my best friend in usa called Nicole, After she told me the great work of dr khakani how people talk good about him on radio stations and internet so she gave me the contact in contacting dr khakani, Then which i did i called dr khakani and told him how my lover left me for over 5years,He told me just to be happy that i will have him back to my arms within 48hours,i was like is this real,So mean while i had fate in dr khakani that he would bring back my lover,Really before the 48hours i got a call from a man who has left me for over 5years begging me for forgiveness,Which i did and he bought me a nice car, And now we are together and he love's me more than anything on this earth and can't do with seeing me a day am so
happy and am bringing this great news to the people of australia, That there is a man who can bring back happiness to there life am happy today with the one i love please you can contact him for help on his private mail khakanibestsolutioncentre12@ gmail. com or cell Number +2348062216903
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 21, 2013
Why is it that when a man behaves like this we conclude he is under the influence. He is not under any influence a lot of men choose to act irresponsibly knowing many women prefer to believe the other woman is doing some spiritual manipulation. Your husband prefers the other woman for whatever reason. Get custody of your kids and move on with you life. Moving on with your life does not stop you from praying for him if that is what you want to do but detach yourself from him and his issues. Don't give up on yourself and find happiness within yourself.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by mofolorunshoabi: 12:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
Hello my dear nairalanders! It's been quiet a while. I had to patiently wait all this long. It has been a long, emotional and traumatic wait but eventually JUDGEMENT was given this morning! My husbands petition was dismissed by the court for lack of credible evidence and all his pleadings were struck out. However, nothing was said concerning the children who are still with me. I want to say a big thank you to everybody that has been with me and supported me both spiritually and otherwise. May the Good Lord be with you all. Thanks once again.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by baby124: 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
mofolorunshoabi: Hello my dear nairalanders! It's been quiet a while. I had to patiently wait all this long. It has been a long, emotional and traumatic wait but eventually JUDGEMENT was given this morning! My husbands petition was dismissed by the court for lack of credible evidence and all his pleadings were struck out. However, nothing was said concerning the children who are still with me. I want to say a big thank you to everybody that has been with me and supported me both spiritually and otherwise. May the Good Lord be with you all. Thanks once again.
Goodluck babe. You should try to be clear on the kids. But wait to see if he demands them. If he does then you guys may have to spend another sum on custody battles. Did the divorce go through, or was his divorce petition thrown out?
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Monicasque(f): 12:30pm On Jun 28, 2013
i doubt the 4 kids from the widow are not his, why would he lv his own kids for kids who are not his? its either you stole this man from someone and now she is claiming him back or you just need to move on. Stop meeting him at hotels coz it makes u sound like a hooooo. If he wants to take the kids let him , provided you are allowed visiting rights but if you want your babies, fight till the last drop of your blodd for you kids but honey this man is treating you like a side thing
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by mofolorunshoabi: 12:32pm On Jun 28, 2013
The divorse petition was thrown out (dismissed) and no mention was made on custody.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Monicasque(f): 12:35pm On Jun 28, 2013
mofolorunshoabi: The divorse petition was thrown out (dismissed) and no mention was made on custody.

so wil you continue being married to a man who stay with another woman and meets you at hotels? what kind of marriage will this be? are you only married by name coz honey the actions says you are just a side thing
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by baby124: 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
mofolorunshoabi: The divorse petition was thrown out (dismissed) and no mention was made on custody.
LOL, well very good for the two re*tarded adults. But do you want to stay married to him? Did the judge ask that you both reconcile? What do you want to do at this point. It is your life and I believe you know best. What has he done after this? Have you heard from him? Did the judge give a time frame for reconciliation? Otherwise, the divorce will be approved or the petition approved?
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by mofolorunshoabi: 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
It is over! My only joy is this outcome. When a man concocts so much lies just to have his way, it is this kind of result that you get. Thanks
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Monicasque(f): 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
mofolorunshoabi: It is over! My only joy is this outcome. When a man concocts so much lies just to have his way, it is this kind of result that you get. Thanks

so now where to? whats gona happen now?
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by baby124: 1:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
mofolorunshoabi: It is over! My only joy is this outcome. When a man concocts so much lies just to have his way, it is this kind of result that you get. Thanks
If the petition was thrown out, it means you two are only separated. Except his petition was to stop the divorce and the divorce has been approved. Am not too clear on what his petition was.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by modele2: 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
Humm. congratulations...When i was reading your story my mouth was wide open.

But what is going to happen now...he would continue milking his widow friend and of course satisfing her, the courts ruling has made your being still married to him not his fault so he can always use that as a defence to the widow if she asks. Then once in a while he can meet you in a hotel, since you love him and are still married to him. The guy is going to leave the NIGERIAN MALE dream.

Dont agree to that last part of the dream till he comes back to his sences ooooooo.

May God in his infinite mercy give you the grace, zeal and means to complete the work you have started with your children..its your husbands loss.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
mofolorunshoabi: I got married at 23 to a 34yr old man. The marriage has produced 3 lovely kids. The relationship was based on pure love as my husband had nothing then. As time went on I was made to realise that while am married to my husband, he is married to his family, especially his mother. Am a lagosian while he is from the eastern part. All the quarells we had is over issues like his friend advising him to change kids sch saying its too expensive etc. It got so bad that anytime we quarel, his mother and sister will tell him to send me away. He did at one time and his sister started staying with him for over one year. The issue was reconciled and I went back. We have 2girls and a son but I decided to put a hold on having kids for now because he gives us 3,000 for feeding weekly which was grossly inadequaate. I pay for lesson teacher, pay for dstv, augment feeding allowance weekly, give our first child in boarding sch pocket money and buy her provisions, bought most of the gadgets at home on lease and pay thru my salary. My sin with my in-laws is that I refused to have another son but none of them cared to know how we are managing as a family. For almost 2yrs now that he chased us out after a qarrel, we have been staying with my parents and I have been responsible for the kids welfare and others. He has thus relocated to another part of town and living with a widow of 4 kids; a lady he had dated while they were in university in the east. He has filed for a divorce now saying he wants to take the kids to his mum in the east so they will learn his language. The matter is up for hearing now but the twist to the story now is that we are still romantically involved. We meet often in an hotel and he tells me it was a mistake that we both made especially on my not having more male children. He wants to get an appartment for me yet he is asking the court for dissolution of the marraige so he can marry the wodow of 4. Pls advice me, I love him so much and he was the one that disvirgined me.

Just from the post above,my heart goes out to you.
I plead with us ladies not to meddle in our brother's marriages and also caution your moms to desist from being a witch to your sisters in law.
Most people reading and responding here are female
Many of us have brothers
What is your first reaction when you hear anything about your sister in law?
Call her and blast her or call your brother and mother to order?
Demand your mother leaves their home?
I sincerely cannot understand why people meddle in other people's homes to this extent
My father is a strict man
And if he dares hear that my mother is causing Katakata to any of DILs,while on a visit,he will demand she returns home immediately and that is exactly what I would demand if I ever heard her visit was bringing sorrow to any of my Ssters in law.
It is always the women that are Bent on being sources of misery
The MIL,the SIL and the aunts,most in their own marriages o,some miserable unmarried old sisters in law that have passed marriage age,making life a living hell for their brother's wife.

This has got to stop

Women,we are the problem here
It is the women that will hound a wife that is yet to conceive
They are the ones to tell her how to raise her kids
They will insist their brother or son stop sending too much on her
It is also women that will knowingly insert themselves in an existing marriage to destroy it

Can you imagine a man's sisters and mother demanding how many sons and daughters a wife should have
This is just insane.

OP I am sorry ,that man you married is as useless as his family if what you say is true
Allow the marriage to die
But You should fight him till the last kobo to keep your children in your custody
I thank God the kids are no babies
You carried them in your womb,birthed them,they are yours
[b]If na me,a man that abandoned me without support,sends me and my kids away will not have anything to do with my children

I will change all their last names to mine
That is what my friend did in that same lagos
Hers, she is Igbo raised in Lagos and married a Useless Yoruba man
Long story short
They now bear her last maiden name [/b]
If her parents took her in and helped her while she struggled to stand on her feet,the kids might as well bear the family name.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
Monicasque: i doubt the 4 kids from the widow are not his, why would he lv his own kids for kids who are not his? its either you stole this man from someone and now she is claiming him back or you just need to move on. Stop meeting him at hotels coz it makes u sound like a hooooo. If he wants to take the kids let him , provided you are allowed visiting rights but if you want your babies, fight till the last drop of your blodd for you kids but honey this man is treating you like a side thing

Then you have not met a greedy man before.

What i suspect is this widower has some money and the OP's husband has left his family to be with her because of what he is enjoying.

I am so sad today, I just came from Stella Dimokorsus blog reading her diaries on women suffering from domestic violence and then I see this, I just feel like shedding tears.

@OP, May God be with you and your kids because I married a 35 year old man from another tribe when I was 24 as well and he has been wonderful, my mum calls him everyday to bless him because she knows the kind of men out there today and what she also suffered. This is nothing to do with tribe but individuals.

Sincerely from the bottom of my heart, I pray for all women experiencing all sorts in their marriages, May God be with you.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2013

Did u get a judgement of divorce or the divorce case was thrown out and you are still married?
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by tunde1200(m): 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2013
jidegirl12: Well I'm still gonna cry over spilled milk;

When you tell these Yoruba girls to wait for their time, they'll say sebi you don marry, this rush rush marriage sef tire me jare ,
Even the story is unreal and grossly presented( I believe her tho ), that's why they call Yoruba girls names, can you imagine how gullible she sounds? And you go school o?
The guy prefers his own culture even after 4! In a long run, there's nothing like somebody you understand to spend the rest of your life with.

@baby, she will never listen, they will rob her and continue to chance/ take advantage of her hardwork till eternity. I'm very irritated.

Sounds hard but is the actual fact you are saying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype / My Girl Mother Is Frustrating Me. / Cost Effective Means Of Taking Care Of A Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.