Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,453 members, 7,954,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:12 AM

Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately (6593 Views)

I Am Dating A Married Man Who Is About Divorcing His Wife / I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE / I Urgently Need Ur Advice On My Husband And His Ex-girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by mofolorunshoabi: 9:56am On Feb 20, 2013
I got married at 23 to a 34yr old man. The marriage has produced 3 lovely kids. The relationship was based on pure love as my husband had nothing then. As time went on I was made to realise that while am married to my husband, he is married to his family, especially his mother. Am a lagosian while he is from the eastern part. All the quarells we had is over issues like his friend advising him to change kids sch saying its too expensive etc. It got so bad that anytime we quarel, his mother and sister will tell him to send me away. He did at one time and his sister started staying with him for over one year. The issue was reconciled and I went back. We have 2girls and a son but I decided to put a hold on having kids for now because he gives us 3,000 for feeding weekly which was grossly inadequaate. I pay for lesson teacher, pay for dstv, augment feeding allowance weekly, give our first child in boarding sch pocket money and buy her provisions, bought most of the gadgets at home on lease and pay thru my salary. My sin with my in-laws is that I refused to have another son but none of them cared to know how we are managing as a family. For almost 2yrs now that he chased us out after a qarrel, we have been staying with my parents and I have been responsible for the kids welfare and others. He has thus relocated to another part of town and living with a widow of 4 kids; a lady he had dated while they were in university in the east. He has filed for a divorce now saying he wants to take the kids to his mum in the east so they will learn his language. The matter is up for hearing now but the twist to the story now is that we are still romantically involved. We meet often in an hotel and he tells me it was a mistake that we both made especially on my not having more male children. He wants to get an appartment for me yet he is asking the court for dissolution of the marraige so he can marry the wodow of 4. Pls advice me, I love him so much and he was the one that disvirgined me.

1 Like

Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Cwhyte(m): 10:13am On Feb 20, 2013
Like I always tell people, love is not enough reason to get married. Your man is obviously not matured enough if he listens to his family then act accordingly.

Since you are already the bread winner for your children, I suggest you go ahead with the divorce, that's the best thing for you. He obviously doesn't love you, at least not enough.

Get a good female lawyer that has compassion to drive in your points and win custody of your kids.

4 Likes

Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Acidosis(m): 10:26am On Feb 20, 2013
*confused*

He wants a divorce [s]because you're not ready for another child[/s]

He's living with another woman presently.

You've been with ur parents for 2years

You still meet with him has husband & wife in hotels

He's about to take your kids away from you.

And above all, you still love him...

Sorry but I think you're one of his concubines

Accept your fate or move on without him.. You actually made a marital mistake... such is life.
Btw, when there is life, there is hope. I guess you're 34yrs now¿ so do not be discouraged, don't look down on yourself ma'am if you decide to move on.

1 Like

Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by chioma134: 10:54am On Feb 20, 2013
I've never said this b4,but something seems off about this story. If true,op,I'd like to ask u how u can still be sleeping with him when he wants to divorce u. And if u still love him and don't want to lose him, u might as well give him another son. Hope this is not superstory.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by eagleeye2: 11:17am On Feb 20, 2013
op, you are on a long thing.
What the hell do you mean by he wants a divorce and we are still involved romantically.
If person talk now say women get fishy brain, some others will be abusing that person.
Walahi, if I be your brother, I go beat that craze comot your body.
Focus on your children and forget that loser. A guy who will actually drag you through divorce proceedings to claim his and ur children, and you are here talking about love.

5 Likes

Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by baby124: 12:14pm On Feb 20, 2013
You shouldn't even be making your self available for hotel runs. Stay away first, no contact except through the courts. Let him decide what he wants to do on his own. Hold unto your children. Imagine how neglected your kids will be with the other woman. She already has 4 she will be struggling to take care of on her own. Now add your 3 to the mix, when their father is already irresponsible. His mum is probably also in no shape to adequately give your kids the quality health care and lifestyle care they need. They probably want to use you as retirement fund. Demanding this and that when your kids are with their grandmum. If he loves you that much, he would have seen reason. One boy child is more than enough. He should have talked to his body if he wanted a male child so bad, after all the man is responsible for the sex. Madam, stay away and let what will happen, happen. You getting involved with a man who shamelessly moved into another womans house and obviously sleeping with her, is quite shameless. Who knows what disease killed her husband. Live for your kids and be strong. This is not the time to be tangled in all this. Forget that he is the one that disvirgined you talk. That doesn't mean anything these days, and you don't owe him your pride, your love or anything as a result. He has betrayed your trust and broken the bond. He doesn't want you anymore so he filed for divorce. Get a full blood test, and stop contacting/seeing him except when the time comes to go to court or when he has to visit his kids.If he wants to reconsider his decision, let him meet with your family and do a full blood test too. Don't make yourself so cheap and turn yourself from wife to the other woman. What a downgrade! Goodluck.

8 Likes

Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
mofolorunshoabi:

He wants to get an appartment for me yet he is asking the court for dissolution of the marraige so he can marry the wodow of 4. Pls advice me, I love him so much and he was the one that disvirgined me.

He wants to divorce you, take away your children, marry his girlfriend AND keep you as his side concubine. That's a pretty sweet arrangement for him if you ask me.

Ball's in your court, if you are okay with the above scenario, then carry on as you were. Or you could get a good lawyer and fight to keep your children (bear in mind that they are to be sent to his mother who doesn't like you and doesn't care for your girls, that would be a nice life for them right?) and move on with your life. He does not love you my dear, he's just taking full advantage of the free s.ex you're offering.

2 Likes

Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
You are still having s3x with a man that has filed for a divorce and wants to take your kids away from you?

Tell me this is a joke? No, tell me YOU ARE A JOKE

2 Likes

Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 20, 2013
I don't believe this story . . .
A man whats to take your kids away from you and your are still meeting him in hotels for s3x like some prost1tute
This must be one of the Nld clowns looking for a stage to perform!
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by olekubaby: 2:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
The first thing you need to do is stop meeting your about to become EX-husband for sex. secondly, if you are interested in a reconciliation, pls introduce your pastor/ elders your hubby respect to handle the matter.

You have a good JOB AND YOU SOUND LIKE SOMEONE who can handle financial/ finance so be strong and move on if reconciliation is not possible.

Frankly speaking your husband does not sound responsible with the info u gave. He is too immature for leaving you to go and stay with another woman who is not even single.

You need to deny yourself sexually to focus on the right things and make proper/ take proper decision. wishing you the best in whatever you decide to do. Pls go also to the lord in prayer
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 20, 2013
If u r nt ready to die of HBP, better stay away frm him cos he wants to ruin ur life
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2013
Too many things do not add up in this story.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by mofolorunshoabi: 3:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
My decision to meet with him in hotel is primarily to see if he can recind his decision to take the kids to the east. I will do anything to see my kids happy but let them know mummy is not the problem . He is so particular about his language, yet he came to marry me a yoruba girl. Let me add here that what led to the quarell was that he said he saw a suggestive msg when he hacked into my phone and asked me to leave! I called his most senior brother to report to him but he said I shld hold on until the family decides. I was still waiting when I got the divorce papers.The judge advised us to have a reconciliation as to the welfare of the kids. He is proposing that kids stay in bording school for now but he will take TOTAL custody once they are in university. I have told him NO that I want the custody to be shared equally. My reason for this is to be able to monitor the progress of the kids and their well beign. I guess since we can't reach a compromise now, the judge will now hear our application.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yea and you thought having sex with him will change his mind. Instead of you to channel your energy on getting a good lawyer to fight this, you think meeting him in a hotel room like a prosstitttute is the best way to go about it?

He suggests you meet in a hotel room of all places and you carry your two left legs and present yourself there. I wonder why people get a degree these days if the exposure cannot grant them common sense

1 Like

Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by eagleeye2: 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2013
mofolorunshoabi: My decision to meet with him in hotel is primarily to see if he can recind his decision to take the kids to the east.

Se,x can never change a man whose mind is made up.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 20, 2013
@ Poster . . . you sent this earlier ..

mofolorunshoabi: I got married at 23 to a 34yr old man. The marriage has produced 3 lovely kids. The relationship was based on pure love as my husband had nothing then. As time went on I was made to realise that while am married to my husband, he is married to his family, especially his mother. Am a lagosian while he is from the eastern part. All the quarells we had is over issues like his friend advising him to change kids sch saying its too expensive etc. It got so bad that anytime we quarel, his mother and sister will tell him to send me away. He did at one time and his sister started staying with him for over one year. The issue was reconciled and I went back. We have 2girls and a son but I decided to put a hold on having kids for now because he gives us 3,000 for feeding weekly which was grossly inadequaate. I pay for lesson teacher, pay for dstv, augment feeding allowance weekly, give our first child in boarding sch pocket money and buy her provisions, bought most of the gadgets at home on lease and pay thru my salary. My sin with my in-laws is that I refused to have another son but none of them cared to know how we are managing as a family. For almost 2yrs now that he chased us out after a qarrel, we have been staying with my parents and I have been responsible for the kids welfare and others. He has thus relocated to another part of town and living with a widow of 4 kids; a lady he had dated while they were in university in the east. He has filed for a divorce now saying he wants to take the kids to his mum in the east so they will learn his language. The matter is up for hearing now but the twist to the story now is that we are still romantically involved. [size=18pt]We meet often in an hotel[/size] and he tells me it was a mistake that we both made especially on my not having more male children. He wants to get an appartment for me yet he is asking the court for dissolution of the marraige so he can marry the wodow of 4. Pls advice me, I love him so much and he was the one that disvirgined me.

And now you are saying this . . .

mofolorunshoabi: [size=18pt]My decision to meet with him in hotel is primarily to see if he can recind his decision to take the kids to the east.[/size] I will do anything to see my kids happy but let them know mummy is not the problem . He is so particular about his language, yet he came to marry me a yoruba girl. Let me add here that what led to the quarell was that he said he saw a suggestive msg when he hacked into my phone and asked me to leave! I called his most senior brother to report to him but he said I shld hold on until the family decides. I was still waiting when I got the divorce papers.The judge advised us to have a reconciliation as to the welfare of the kids. He is proposing that kids stay in bording school for now but he will take TOTAL custody once they are in university. I have told him NO that I want the custody to be shared equally. My reason for this is to be able to monitor the progress of the kids and their well beign. I guess since we can't reach a compromise now, the judge will now hear our application.

I've said it before that this story is fake . . .
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by baby124: 4:51pm On Feb 20, 2013
OP its best you get custody of your kids and let him have visitation rights. He obviously will have his hands full with his new step children. He wont have the time to take care of his kids who he can abandon since he cannot get 2 sons. Your kids should not be kept from their father, but you need to get custody. This guy is irresponsible, so their best interest should be priority. He obviously cant afford to take care of his kids financially, emotionally, mentally and physically. Make sure you package your case well and show the judge the evidence. You sound a bit mature but very gullible. In this life you better have correct shock absorber. Anything can happen. cheesy. Please, dont even show this guy your bare toes, not to talk of meeting him in a hotel room. Give yourself time and space, you will find someone better. kiss

1 Like

Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by obowunmi(m): 4:59pm On Feb 20, 2013
reminds me why it's important to pray before marriage. Waste of time and energy.

2 Likes

Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
Well I'm still gonna cry over spilled milk;

When you tell these Yoruba girls to wait for their time, they'll say sebi you don marry, this rush rush marriage sef tire me jare ,
Even the story is unreal and grossly presented( I believe her tho ), that's why they call Yoruba girls names, can you imagine how gullible she sounds? And you go school o?
The guy prefers his own culture even after 4! In a long run, there's nothing like somebody you understand to spend the rest of your life with.

@baby, she will never listen, they will rob her and continue to chance/ take advantage of her hardwork till eternity. I'm very irritated.

1 Like

Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by baby124: 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2013
jidegirl12: Well I'm still gonna cry over spilled milk;

When you tell these Yoruba girls to wait for their time, they'll say sebi you don marry, this rush rush marriage sef tire me jare ,
Even the story is unreal and grossly presented( I believe her tho ), that's why they call Yoruba girls names, can you imagine how gullible she sounds? And you go school o?
The guy prefers his own culture even after 4! In a long run, there's nothing like somebody you understand to spend the rest of your life with.

@baby, she will never listen, they will rob her and continue to chance/ take advantage of her hardwork till eternity. I'm very irritated.

lol,

This is why i would not marry out my daughters gullible and inexperienced in dating. Or judge them and force them to adopt the mindset that they must marry their first or they are dirty. We Nigerian's put emphasis on ridiculous things above happiness. She obviously is one of those that think she must die with her first, to prove something. To who exactly? All the people that are trying to milk her? Imagine they decided the course of the marriage without her input. Her inlaws decided her fate. The husband is a lazy, irresponsible and crazy fellow. He definitely fell for family pressure. If you marry someone with cultural differences the person better be super strong, otherwise this will happen. Doesnt matter the tribe.

You better shine your eyes OP. These your inlaws are hungry, over a lazy man to boot. Like it or not, this guy has shown you what he does with his concubines when you were married by that hotel stunt. That woman with 4kids he is going to rely on can probably take care of him and her kids. He has started cheating on her with you, she will soon kick him out. And i bet you, he will be back with a sob story. Time to lock up, and face your future squarely. Improve yourself and get ready to take care of your kids. You did not find husband at all. Keep looking. Look for a man on your level financially.

1 Like

Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 20, 2013
baby_123: OP its best you get custody of your kids and let him have visitation rights. He obviously will have his hands full with his new step children. He wont have the time to take care of his kids who he can abandon since he cannot get 2 sons. Your kids should not be kept from their father, but you need to get custody. This guy is irresponsible, so their best interest should be priority. He obviously cant afford to take care of his kids financially, emotionally, mentally and physically. *

Exactly. This needs to be highlighted. He is giving you measly amounts of money right now. Do you believe he will provide adequately for the kids when they are far away in the east out of his view? With his 4 new step children from his new babe? And the future strong Igbo sons she will produce for him? ( I'm getting the impression they don't accept you because of your tribe). You better forget all this love blah blah blah and gear up to not lose custody. At the most, you should have 50/50 custody.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by JMarks: 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2013
Going through a divorce is not fun by any means. However, you have to make the best out of it. Accepting the fact that the marriage isn't working is the first step. Once acceptance has been attained, you can then begin to do things to better your life and move on. I wish you the best of luck during these times. Be strong and keep your head up! smiley
The Marks Law Firm
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by SisiKill1: 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2013
If we flipped things around. . .where OP is the mistress and the "widow" is the real wife, the story makes more sense.

Meeting in the hotel,
Being kicked out of the home,
husband bold facedly living with another woman,
Husband giving them pocket money

. . .Puh-lease! Which rightfully married woman will take that nonsense let alone open a thread to ask silly questions?!!

Bottom-line - she had kids with a married man, he has gone back to his wife and now she's stuck with caring for the children alone.

1 Like

Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
@sisi don start her own o cheesy.... una dey use crystal ball? grin ... OP ko regberegbe e comot for here jare if @sisi is right. grin
On a serious note... It's unimaginable what some girls go thru all in the name of marriage. She married at 23 so it's very possible.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by baby124: 5:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
jidegirl12: @sisi don start her own o cheesy.... una dey use crystal ball? grin ... OP ko regberegbe e comot for here jare if @sisi is right. grin
On a serious note... It's unimaginable what some girls go thru all in the name of marriage. She married at 23 so it's very possible.

Its very possible. Never underestimate the lure of a "rich" widow. Most people think when a woman is widowed, she is an easy target. Especially if they think the husband had money. Omo, na to die there remain. Even give her twin boys. That is why lazy men without pride, should be a never for any woman. The guy is obviously not in love with anyone but himself, his stomach and his pri*ck. I mean, he has already cheated on the widow with his wife. This is a disaster waiting to happen. He will keep cheating till the widow chases him away, and then he will be back to the OP when he needs a house-help or faithful bingo to while away time before he hammers again.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 20, 2013
@ baby , and she will take him back again and the cycle will never end! Pathetic ! embarassed
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by olaayo105(m): 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2013
i read you post today and i feel your pain. When couples have differences, the enemy is always after their dreams and kids. The fight is not between you two but that of the destiny of your children. Thank you for always trying to see that it works between you and your hubby. The Lord will strengthen you and give you wisdom on how to handle this issue. Ride on with the dream, dont forget to battle your mariage on your kneels and a little bit of wisdom will make it happen for you.

Its well
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by baby124: 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
jidegirl12: @ baby , and she will take him back again and the cycle will never end! Pathetic ! embarassed

Of course she will. After all she must die with the person that disvirgined her. We all went through that phase. But thankfully, not in marriage. So the head is more screwed on right with lots of rational decisions. lipsrsealed
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by SisiKill1: 6:29pm On Feb 20, 2013
jidegirl12: @sisi don start her own o cheesy.... una dey use crystal ball? grin ... OP ko regberegbe e comot for here jare if @sisi is right. grin
Rotflmao cheesy cheesy

No crystal ball naa, I know there are some women who take nonsense for the sake of marriage but this ojukoroju disrespect. . .asking her to meet him in hotel rooms while openly living with another woman?!! Haba!

After reading Uju's post on her discrepancy I am even more convinced the situation is reversed. She met him when she was really young, he fed her the whole "I will leave my wife for you" crap (he probably did for awhile hence his mom and sister being on her case) but he went back to his wife and now she is trying to figure out where she stands. . .with regards to the children.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by mofolorunshoabi: 7:11pm On Feb 20, 2013
Thank u all for ur various contributions. You don't know how relieved I am reading them all. Somebody erronously quoted my age to be 34. Am 39 now and the man will be 50 this year. This is not superstory. It is happening to me NOW as I speak. Our first born will be 15 while the last child is 12 this year. Honestly I did not bargain for this. My naiveity has caused me a lot. Even my husband, the petitioner said it in court that "this woman has been a wonderful woman" because I did everything to support him. What he is planning is to keep the kids in the east so they can learn ibo while he stays in lagos with the widow. My major concern is if it is possible for me to get 50/50 custody of the kids because what pple are saying is that in Nigeria law, fathers must have custody of their children once they are above 7. This is a trying period for me please I need ur advise and prayers.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by thorpido(m): 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
mofolorunshoabi: Thank u all for ur various contributions. You don't know how relieved I am reading them all. Somebody erronously quoted my age to be 34. Am 39 now and the man will be 50 this year. This is not superstory. It is happening to me NOW as I speak. Our first born will be 15 while the last child is 12 this year. Honestly I did not bargain for this. My naiveity has caused me a lot. Even my husband, the petitioner said it in court that "this woman has been a wonderful woman" because I did everything to support him. What he is planning is to keep the kids in the east so they can learn ibo while he stays in lagos with the widow. My major concern is if it is possible for me to get 50/50 custody of the kids because what pple are saying is that in Nigeria law, fathers must have custody of their children once they are above 7. This is a trying period for me please I need ur advise and prayers.
Re: Divorcing...need Ur Advice Desperately by i1: 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2013
issues raised
1. can you get a divorce? yes, so far you dont object, but if you do the court might not grant it.
2. the kids custody are yours if you want, tell the court that you can provide shelter and care that you have the means. ps let the court know that his current girlfreind has 4 kids. that will make the judge more sympathetic to you.
3. when the kids are 18 they can visit and stay wherever they like.
4. the issue of boarding house depends on both parties agreement, was it only him that gave birth to the child?
5. stop going to hotels for sex with him.
6. madam you will get more than 50/50 custody if you let the court know that you have the means to support them.
ps can you call me on 08093779782 there are some personal questions needed to be asked.
hope you filed a counter to him sha..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is There Still Hope For Her? / House Wife Caught Making Love To Gate Man On Her Matrimonial Bed(photo) / I Am In A Deep Financial Mess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.