Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS (27454 Views)

How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda / Boko Haram: Shekau’s ‘am Alive’ Video Is Fake, Says SSS Security Analysis / Senator Ndume Contacted Boko-Haram Leader 73 Times In One Month Says SSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
The Nigerian State Security Service, SSS, has arrested a network of Iranian sponsored terrorists led by one Abdullahi Mustapha Berende, who were planning to kill former military ruler, Ibrahim Babangida and the present Sultan of Sokoto.

Though other members of the spy ring are at large, the SSS however captured some of Berende's accomplices including Olayinka Saka and Saheed Aderemi Adewumi.

It is not clear what the objectives of the group was but it is suspected that their mission was to spark off a civil war in Nigeria as part of a proxy battle against the West.

It would be recalled that in 2011 an Iranian cache of arms was intercepted at Nigeria's Tin Can Island port and when attempts were made to arrest the Iranian behind the importation of the arms he fled to the Iranian embassy in Abuja from where he was later arrested after the intervention of Nigeria's foreign affairs minister.

Iran also practices Shia Islam as against the Wahabbi and Sunni variety practiced in Nigeria and is known for wanting to promote its brand of Islam beyond its borders.

source: http://www.naijapundit.com/news/breaking-news-iranian-sponsored-terrorists-planned-to-kill-ibb-sultan-says-sss

1 Like

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by outrage: 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2013

9 Likes

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by StarFist(m): 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
2nd

1 Like

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by manny4life(m): 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
Haha...

He who brings ant infested woods into his house invite the lizard into his home. The same fire they set to stabilize GEJ is same one about to consume them, there's no peace for the wicked.

30 Likes

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2013
Kudos to the SSS for nipping this plot in the bud. It seems the Iranians are biting more than they can chew.
Certainly, the Iranian leadership has proved that the US is right in its (US) assertion that Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism.

11 Likes

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by outrage: 8:15pm On Feb 20, 2013
CFCfan: Kudos to the SSS for nipping this plot in the bud. It seems the Iranians are biting more than they can chew.
Certainly, the Iranian leadership has proved that the US is right in its (US) assertion that Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism.
This is what they want you to think.
For some reason this their trick is working, they've been playing this same card since 9/11 and it never gets old!

20 Likes

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by Napoleondegreat: 8:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
So they are also fighting themselves and not only Christians

1 Like

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
outrage:
This is what they want you to think.
For some reason this their trick is working, they've been playing this same card since 9/11 and it never gets old!

Are u referring to the United States designation of some nations as sponsors of terror? Because Iran has been at loggerheads with the US long before 9/11. Though I agree that the US wants to establish a kind of empire in the Middle-East, hence the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by AustineE1: 8:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
CFCfan: The Nigerian State Security Service, SSS, has arrested a network of Iranian sponsored terrorists led by one Abdullahi Mustapha Berende, who were planning to kill former military ruler, Ibrahim Babangida and the present Sultan of Sokoto.

Though other members of the spy ring are at large, the SSS however captured some of Berende's accomplices including Olayinka Saka and Saheed Aderemi Adewumi.

source: http://www.naijapundit.com/news/breaking-news-iranian-sponsored-terrorists-planned-to-kill-ibb-sultan-says-sss
still on those two accomplices!terrorism seems to be shifting west-ward!does that explain the explosion in Lagos the other day!ur guess is as good as mine!!!
Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by fkaz(m): 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2013
Funny news, dey for include Atiku and buhari join.
abeg waiting be the new terrorist name, since we get boko haram and jamb.
So if they kill IBB and sultan, their death will unsettle the western world, i can't believe this.
[size=20pt]crap [/size]
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/sss-parades-50-year-old-shiite-leader-2-others-for-allegedly-spying-for-iran/
Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2013
Napoleondegreat: So they are also fighting themselves and not only Christians

The level of poverty in most parts of Nigeria is a ticking time-bomb. Some elements of BH have been targeting some high profile citizens (Emir of Kano) since last year. The Northern elite have for long subjected their fellow kins-people to a life of penury and despair; so it really isn't much of a surprise that karma is at work.

5 Likes

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by manny4life(m): 8:25pm On Feb 20, 2013
CFCfan:

The level of poverty in most parts of Nigeria is a ticking time-bomb. Some elements of BH have been targeting some high profile citizens (Emir of Kano) since last year. The Northern elite have for long subjected their fellow kins-people to a life of penury and despair; so it really isn't much of a surprise that karma is at work.

This is no small KARMA, but on a large scale, they only enjoying it at the moment because ONE NIGERIA exist, imagine where that unity is broken, Northern Nigeria will turn to Somalia over night... While this isn't a laughing matter, but hey, they opened the door of acceptance to terrorism which has YET to consume them.

8 Likes

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by outrage: 8:27pm On Feb 20, 2013
CFCfan:

Are u referring to the United States designation of some nations as sponsors of terror? Because Iran has been at loggerheads with the US long before 9/11. Though I agree that the US wants to establish a kind of empire in the Middle-East, hence the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Iran and US have been enemies since the 70s when iran made US look like fools when they seized their embassy.
US is an evil nation and would do unimaginable things.

4 Likes

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2013
manny4life:

This is no small KARMA, but on a large scale, they only enjoying it at the moment because ONE NIGERIA exist, imagine where that unity is broken, Northern Nigeria will turn to Somalia over night... While this isn't a laughing matter, but hey, they opened the door of acceptance to terrorism which has YET to consume them.

Yeah, you are right. That's why most North-eastern/North-western politicians don't wish to see the break-up of Nigeria.
They would lose the privilege of visa-free passage to Southern Nigeria. grin

3 Likes

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by panafrican(m): 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2013
CFCfan: The Nigerian State Security Service, SSS, has arrested a network of Iranian sponsored terrorists led by one Abdullahi Mustapha Berende, who were planning to kill former military ruler, Ibrahim Babangida and the present Sultan of Sokoto.

It is not clear what the objectives of the group was but it is suspected that their mission was to spark off a civil war in Nigeria as part of a proxy battle against the West.

It would be recalled that in 2011 an Iranian cache of arms was intercepted at Nigeria's Tin Can Island port and when attempts were made to arrest the Iranian behind the importation of the arms he fled to the Iranian embassy in Abuja from where he was later arrested after the intervention of Nigeria's foreign affairs minister.

Iran also practices Shia Islam as against the Wahabbi and Sunni variety practiced in Nigeria and is known for wanting to promote its brand of Islam beyond its borders.

As Museveni, the president of Uganda said, these muslim radicals should go back to Asia where they came from
Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by outrage: 8:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
manny4life:

One nigeria or not, this animals can not bring the north down. Have you been to azare? My guess is that you don't know where that is, well its in bauchi state. Its a major LG there. They have times without number caught people trying to cause havoc and dealt with them, I mean the citezens. BH can not go close to that place, I believe the same can happen with the rest of nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
outrage:
Iran and US have been enemies since the 70s when iran made US look like fools when they seized their embassy.
US is an evil nation and would do unimaginable things.

I agree. The US overthrew the democratically-elected Mossadegh in the 1950s, and then installed the Shah as their puppet.
That episode still makes the Iranian leadership angry. That's why any Iranian politician that professes to love the US govt is seen as a persona-non-grata in Iranian politics. The last Iranian presidential election, despite it's imperfections, delivered a blow to US influence in Iran. As the US-backed candidate(s) lost.

1 Like

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2013
CFCfan:

my dear u are very correct, this can only be Karma at work. you have to understand that the northern leader for over three solid decades have been packing monies meant for talakawas, thier people and other peoples development to Iran, Lebanese and their cronies for terrorism? now the tables have turned, they just have to face the music. dont ask me how i know, do ur research. God bless naija

1 Like

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mods, kindly place this thread on the frontpage.
Thanks.
Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by manny4life(m): 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2013
outrage:
One nigeria or not, this animals can not bring the north down. Have you been to azare? My guess is that you don't know where that is, well its in bauchi state. Its a major LG there. They have times without number caught people trying to cause havoc and dealt with them, I mean the citezens. BH can not go close to that place, I believe the same can happen with the rest of nigeria.

Haha, they cannot bring the north down? Ok, unless this Azare people are more powerful and equipped and trained, well let's see how things pan out. Home grown terrorism doesn't ask you where you are or who it is, then again, I'm watching.
Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by manny4life(m): 8:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
CFCfan:

Yeah, you are right. That's why most North-eastern/North-western politicians don't wish to see the break-up of Nigeria.
They would lose the privilege of visa-free passage to Southern Nigeria. grin

Only a matter of time na, the hunter is about to become the hunted.. grin grin grin
Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
Terrorism has almost crippled the economy of the North.

1 Like

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by outrage: 8:45pm On Feb 20, 2013
CFCfan: Terrorism has almost crippled the economy of the North.
Correction.. Borno And yobe
Everyother place in the north is normal, its just maybe difficult for normal citezens in some certain areas but its all normal.

1 Like

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by seanet01: 8:48pm On Feb 20, 2013
Funny lies.
This SSS are really jobless.
They have been brainwashed by CIA and M16 into believing Iran has some issues to sort out with them.
Awon ode buruku.
Sultan trying to claim he did not know anything about boko haram.
Thank God am A Yoruba man.
I don't fall for gibberish.

9 Likes

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by sheriffman(m): 8:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
I PRAY THIS IS REALLY TRUE AND COMES TO PASS AND NOT SOME FABLE SSS ARE TRYING TO SPIN US

1 Like

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by tempoegovin: 8:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
Moslems killing moslems, wetin concern christians

1 Like

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by alkadriyar(m): 8:50pm On Feb 20, 2013
I still doubt the authenticity of this news. Just to make the story sweet, they included IBB nd the sultan as target while the accomplice are south-westerners. But i tell this news is just like the joker card or a propaganda to associate the south-west with terrorism as against 2015 with the new party alliance. Lets reflects bak to d last bomb eplosion in Lag. Only the wise will understand.

1 Like

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by Dee60: 8:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
I thought that I saw our president pose for a photo with Iran PM with all smiles the other day....!
Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by TUMIC(m): 8:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
THIEVES KILL THIEVES
WHAT ARE THEY STILL WATIN FOR.
Somebody Give me Gun I know who I go first SHOOT
IIIIIIIIIII BBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBB
KAKAKAKAKAKAKSK GBOOOOOOM KPOOO
GBOOOOOSHHHHHH.....

3 Likes

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by ezedolar: 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
How I which the suceed by the way what X does their religion teach them
Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by ikweremilitant: 8:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
Star Fist :
2nd
o God please let ds come to pass o ds iranians re doing us a very big favour but y shuld a yaraba man be involvd y

1 Like

Re: Iranian-Sponsored Terrorists Planned To Kill IBB, Sultan, Says SSS by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 20, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm...... Who are those behind those that are behind BOKO HARAM. The answer is simple. These top Arab guys are the ones.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With UN Officials In Abuja [Photos] / Okorocha’s Aides, Imo Lawmakers Defect To DPP / Breaking: Mimiko, Akala Endorse Buhari For Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.