Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) (51788 Views)

2015: El-rufai Exposes Scandalous Leaked Document Of PDP ‘plan B’ / Document Of Governors Backing Jang As NGF Chairman / Nigeria's Amalgamation Expires In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by lawizle(m): 6:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
I-Kenn:
....so this is the paper causing all the chaos in this country abi? thank goodness it has been exposed. Bring it so i can convert it to tissue paper...

Looolz....idiat!!
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 21, 2013
ITbomb:
All I know is that Niger Delta oil money built Abuja

Oh yeah? Actually borrowed money built Abuja, oil money was suppose to be used to pay but we all know that didn't happen (OBJ/okonjo debt relief) but what I do know is that farming helped a lot in building Lagos
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by nenepea(f): 12:14am On Feb 22, 2013
ITbomb:
If you finish final exams in 2013, senate approve your result in 2014 and you did convocation in 2015 .
What year is your year of graduation?
Excellent illustration.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 6:19am On Feb 22, 2013
pretty_boi:
Guy I love Nigeria & I've been to several states & places around this country & I can honestly tell you that the most of the country's worst road networks are probably in Igbo states in the east of the country except for may be Enugu state. Yet, a lot of Igbo people keep making noise about "give us our own biafra" when many of their states have not even been probably governed by their own "sons of the soil." I laugh out so damn loudly. You all should better join hands & get past that "biafra" crap,sentiments & tribalism & contribute to Nigeria's growth & progress cos Nigeria would never disintegrate by God's Grace & biafra is just a mere dream that would never see the light of day.
So,assuming what u are saying here its true, it will now be road network that will make easterners change dier minds? Nonsense. Biafra biko. Where did u evn see d bad roads sef? He will now say Aba, and am sure dat place is beta dan ur villa.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by prettyboi1(m): 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2013
ngozievergreen:
So,assuming what u are saying here its true, it will now be road network that will make easterners change dier minds? Nonsense. Biafra biko. Where did u evn see d bad roads sef? He will now say Aba, and am sure dat place is beta dan ur villa.

This post of yours shows one of the many reasons why biafra will never work if at all it could ever be actualized (sorry though, IT WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY SO DREAM ON MA.) You guys want your own "biafra country?" How well have you guys managed your states so far? Talkless of having your own country? Road networks in eastern Nigeria are among the most terrible in the country,these states are run by fellow "Igbo sons" & what has been done ? NOTHING! Yet you guys are so short-sighted & bark all day about how "biafra" will be a "prosperous" country.lol.
In all honesty & without any bias, the Igbo tribe in Nigeria is one of the most dis-unified tribes. An Igbo man from Nnewi in Anambra for instance will still be so biased & tribalistic to a fellow Igbo man from another village in let's say Enugu for instance. My girlfriend of over 5 years is an Igbo girl & that should tell you that I am not being biased, I'm only telling you the truth as it is. Do you see Igbo politicians in Nigeria? Do you see how they hardly get any political decisions or stance right? You know why? Most of them are extremely selfish & think about themselves alone except with the exception of a few great men like Rochas Okorocha. What I am saying is that contrary to what you guys think,if at all biafra ever came to reality,the probability of it being a failed country from day one is far higher than the probability of it being prosperous. ALTHOUGH,BIAFRA IS ONLY JUST A LONG BAD DREAM THAT WILL NEVER COME TO REALITY SO PLEASE STOP WASTING TIME & JOIN HANDS LET'S BUILD A GREAT,BEAUTIFUL,PEACEFUL & UNITED NIGERIA.
God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Amen.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 22, 2013
I (WE) have heard dese before by ur ppl and i (we) remain undaunted. Ur opinions dont matter, sorry
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by oboy3(m): 7:52pm On Feb 22, 2013
ngozievergreen: I (WE) have heard dese before by ur ppl and i (we) remain undaunted. Ur opinions dont matter, sorry
hahahaha,
because his girlfriend is Igbo,he dosen't want Nigeria to Divide
thats one stupid Guy

2 Likes

Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by prettyboi1(m): 12:48am On Feb 23, 2013
o'boy:
hahahaha,
because his girlfriend is Igbo,he dosen't want Nigeria to Divide
thats one stupid Guy
You must really have a terribly poor comprehension sense. So if my girlfriend is Igbo,must she move to the dirty "biafra" (that will never come to life)? Haven't you seen foreigners living in other countries? Do you live in a cage or what? You guys think it's all Igbo people that are naively pursuing that biafra pipe-dream? You guys are here day-dreaming about a fantasy "biafra" that will never come.lol.
You guys will die & many generations will pass but "biafra" will never smell the light of day. You lazy-asses need to wake up & build your country,Nigeria....that's what progressive & sensible Igbo people are doing unlike you guys.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Nobody: 5:59am On Feb 23, 2013
@ o'boy, lol. Envy will not solve d problem. His gf gonna leave him for good
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by oboy3(m): 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
pretty_boi:
You must really have a terribly poor comprehension sense. So if my girlfriend is Igbo,must she move to the dirty "biafra" (that will never come to life)? Haven't you seen foreigners living in other countries? Do you live in a cage or what? You guys think it's all Igbo people that are naively pursuing that biafra pipe-dream? You guys are here day-dreaming about a fantasy "biafra" that will never come.lol.
You guys will die & many generations will pass but "biafra" will never smell the light of day. You lazy-asses need to wake up & build your country,Nigeria....that's what progressive & sensible Igbo people are doing unlike you guys.
hey,how are you doing Mr "My girlfriend is Igbo"?
There's No need for you to get all rirled Up
go take a chill pill
your girlfriend is still Nigerian for the Main time and it would happen before you can say "my Gf is Igbo",Nigeria will Divide
And I can already Imagine you Dangling somwhere in the forest with the rope tied to a tree to your neck slowly draining life outta your useless body
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by prettyboi1(m): 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2013
Lol...at these pipe-dreamers. Ha ha.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by oboy3(m): 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2013
You should start now to search for Another Person,preferably from your tribe
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by prettyboi1(m): 2:48pm On Feb 23, 2013
o'boy:
You should start now to search for Another Person,preferably from your tribe
Nah....I'm not as myopic & tribalistic as you pipe-dreamers. I don't need to be with someone from my tribe because I'm a NIGERIAN & I can choose to date any person from any tribe in Nigeria or from any other part of the world as long as they're good people & I love them. Unlike you guys who would still be tribalistic amongst fellow Igbo people because they come from a different village etc. ANYWAYS, BACK TO TOPIC....BIAFRA IS JUST A PIPE-DREAM & WOULD NEVER SMELL THE LIGHT OF DAY SO SAVE YOUR LIFE & GET PRODUCTIVE.
As much as you may hate to hear this,hear it now......"LONG LIVE NIGERIA & GOD BLESS NIGERIA." If you're tired of Nigeria,relocate.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by oboy3(m): 3:04pm On Feb 23, 2013
Is there anything tribalist in wanting your own country?
Now i have come to Conclusion that you are a living testimony of the saying that "Man can live without a brain"
Dont dare quote me Again
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by prettyboi1(m): 5:15pm On Feb 23, 2013
o'boy:
Is there anything tribalist in wanting your own country?
Now i have come to Conclusion that you are a living testimony of the saying that "Man can live without a brain"
Dont dare quote me Again
Nothing is tribalistic about you & your fellow delusional "biafra" cohorts relating with other Nigerians based on a difference in ethnicity? Now i have come to a conclusion that you are a living testimony of the saying that "Man can live without a brain." Even amongst you guys,you relate tribalisticly & be fighting fellow Igbo people from other villages. Biafra is a NIGHTMARE....but it won't still come to pass.LOL.
If you're tired of being Nigerian,then pack out but don't expect to have a piece of what makes the Nigerian map to be given to you & your delusional "biafra" friends to start a "country" that will never come to life.

Igboland (all Igbo states) belong to the Federal Republic of Nigeria so we can't give you our land to start a god-forsaken "biafra." If you guys want your "biafra" country, there's still enough space in the Atlantic ocean that you guys can sand-fill & build your "biafra" so hurry up,log out of NAIRALAND,call your fellow "biafra pipe-dreamers" & start work so that you can still see biafra before you die. Lol. tongue
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by oboy3(m): 5:38pm On Feb 23, 2013
Ugly_boi,weed smokers are liable to Brain damages
thats all i can say
you can continue living in Fools paradise
#unfollowing thread#
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by prettyboi1(m): 6:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
lol.....K.O.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by naxfelsome(m): 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2013
ITbomb:
Yea sports, let me see how dem go carry Yakubu and Garba Lawal and win Nation cup without Sunday Mba , Mikel Obi , Enyeama and the rest of the Biafran squad.
your sense of reasoning is very low. Who told you yakubu is from the north. Idiot!!
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Emytexboy(m): 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
jmoore: Lugard did his job, it's now left for you to carry on and build this nation. Is Nigeria the only African country to be colonized?
The CORRUPTION that has held us under bondage runs from south to north and from east to west.

If you are dreaming that Nigeria will divide, my news to you is that your dream is dead.

May God bless Nigeria
[color=#990000][quote author=jmoore]Lugard did his job, it's now left for you to carry on and build this nation. Is Nigeria the only Africa

what are you gaining from one nigeria? cow!
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Emytexboy(m): 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
jmoore: Lugard did his job, it's now left for you to carry on and build this nation. Is Nigeria the only African country to be colonized?
The CORRUPTION that has held us under bondage runs from south to north and from east to west.

If you are dreaming that Nigeria will divide, my news to you is that your dream is dead.

May God bless Nigeria

what are you gaining from one nigeria we must divide, cow!
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Emytexboy(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2013
[quote author=pretty_boi]

This post of yours shows one of the many reasons why biafra will never work if at all it could ever be actualized (sorry though, IT WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY SO DREAM ON MA.) You guys want your own "biafra country?" How well have you guys managed your states so far? Talkless of having your own country? Road networks in eastern Nigeria are among the most terrible in the country,these states are run by fellow "Igbo sons" & what has been done ? NOTHING! Yet you guys are so s

what are you guys keeping in one nigeria if i may ask ,fool BIAFRA MUST COME TO EXIST IN YOUR PRESENCE OR YOU DIE BEFORE THAT TIME, COW!
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Emytexboy(m): 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2013

This post of yours shows one of the many reasons why biafra will never work if at all it could ever be actualized (sorry though, IT WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY SO DREAM ON MA.) You guys want your own "biafra country?" How well have you guys managed your states so far? Talkless of having your own country? Road networks in eastern Nigeria are among the most terrible in the country,these states are run by fellow "Igbo sons" & what has been done ? NOTHING! Yet you guys are so s.

he goat
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Emytexboy(m): 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
You guys will die & many generations will pass but "biafra" will never sm

he goat
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by tpia5: 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2014
lawizle:

Means we dnt even know for sure wen Nigeria was created*sighs*

True.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by tpia5: 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2014
agent22: Please give me my BIAFRA.. we don't have anything in common with animals. Though I have investment in Abuja the north can take it. With Igbo spirit we will build 10's of Abuja.

Actually, during the initial stages of "amalgamations", seems the southeast was not under british control at the time.
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by BeatriceM1(f): 3:15pm On Mar 14, 2015
Please what were the reasons for the amalgamation??
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by davo3286: 10:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
More interesting

Iyaniwura123:
In 1914, the British Protectorates of Northern and Southern Nigeria were amalgamated by Frederick Lugard, 1st Baron Lugard, a mercenary, soldier, explorer and colonial administrator. It was only in Lagos that his plan of amalgamation was fiercely resisted, the other parts of the country remained lackadaisical. The image below shows the document at the National Archives, London with which the amalgamation of Nigeria was done. It was provided by Amanda Kirby Okoli, a London-based lawyer. In 2014, the amalgamation will be 100 years, and the Nigerian federal government is already making moves to have a blast. They call it the Centenary Anniversary Celebrations and it has attracted varied opinions. What do you think?

Please like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iyaniwurablog
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by EasternPride: 11:11am On Dec 29, 2015
grin grin
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by tsfisheriesm: 1:13pm On Jul 27, 2019
There is no document signed here, as far as to concerned
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Ferraribaby(f): 4:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nice history
But am not happy with what happened that day
Amalgamating two separate entities
Re: Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) by Sebastine1994(m): 11:58am On Jun 21, 2021
wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS: President Buhari With His Former Classmates In USA Today / Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram / Edo North Youths Reject Ize-Iyamu, As Gani Audu, His Running Mate Escapes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.