Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World (30659 Views)

Nigerian Girl Chills, Places Her Feet On Obama’s Desk | PHOTOS / US Places $23m Reward For Boko Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by BarryX(m): 9:31pm On Feb 23, 2013
The way some Nigerians reason is quite surprising, Imagine people equating the superficial use of BB and INTERNET by Nigerians as a sign of being among ''non-miserables'' as the survey obviously suggest, It's clear that they never used that as a research condition. No doubt, Nigeria is my country, let the truth be told, Indices and Statistics originating from our own NBS (Nigeria Bureau of Statistics) portray a country where 70% of the citizens supposedly sleep hungry or live less than $2 daily, to me that is the Ultimate height of being 'miserable' . Forget that sucking list that they put up. Nigeria have every reason to be there! Kapish
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by LeOstrich: 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2013
shymexx:

I'm good, luv?? What's poppington?? wink

bombs abi?
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
Over 80 percent live under d poverty line in Haiti and unemployment is pegged at 95percent in Zimbabwe! My goodness, some countries
r really having it bad. But truly analysing d list, diff countries have various economic factors working against them. Syria and Zimbabwe shouldn't be on dat list but for power-hungry dictatoship type of leaderships. In dis day and age of globalization and closing of international trade barriers, Swaziland is mono-dependent on SA! Marshall islands I am foxed as I never even hrd of it as an independent State before sha.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by vandarsar(m): 9:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
That's what your press or wikipedia wants you to believe. Plus GDP does not naturally translate to development or good standard of living.

An average Libyan (the pre-war libya though) has a better living condition than Naija. All this billions you write up there are the ones the 3 countries derived from oil, how they spend it is the most important thing dear, and in Nigeria's case you and I know how this dough got spent!

rakumiii:
GDP

Nigeria - $244 Billion (2011)
Angola - $104 Billion (2011)
Libya - $62 Billion (2009)

Living conditions is 100 times better in Libya than in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by metti(m): 9:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
grin
dvdon: Where is Nigeria!
In Africa!

1 Like

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by nuelnuel: 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
You did not take into account thee population, what actually matters is per capita income i.e GDP/population
rakumiii:
GDP

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Regiblinkz(m): 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
shymexx:

You mean the same Iran that the yanks call an intellectual property, no??

The same Iran with a GDP twice that of Nigeria with half our population, no??

The same Iran that has the 2nd largest proven crude oil reserve in the world, no??

The same Iran that produces its own military hardware, no??

The same Iran that exports 10 times the megawatts of electricity Nigeria generates, no??

You must be having a laugh, mate!! Iran is 50years ahead of Nigeria in everything despite back breaking sanctions - quote me!!
shut up..na must to winch ur country?...bad belle

1 Like

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by chebeoc(m): 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2013
metti: grin
In Africa!
my bros thank you, west of the continent to be specific
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by RedLight1: 9:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
BarryX: The way some Nigerians reason is quite surprising, Imagine people equating the superficial use of BB and INTERNET by Nigerians as a sign of being among ''non-miserables'' as the survey obviously suggest, It's clear that they never used that as a research condition. No doubt, Nigeria is my country, let the truth be told, Indices and Statistics originating from our own NBS (Nigeria Bureau of Statistics) portray a country where 70% of the citizens supposedly sleep hungry or live less than $2 daily, to me that is the Ultimate height of being 'miserable' . Forget that sucking list that they put up. Nigeria have every reason to be there! Kapish
do u live below $2? Are u jobless? Dnt worry send me a mail or come to my office at ikeja and i shall employ u.. Graduate only smiley ... U wnt have to live under 2usd again... Solved?

1 Like

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by vandarsar(m): 9:41pm On Feb 23, 2013
That country should be wiped outta map trust me. If you've ever been there then you will weep no more for Naija. In Mbabene, people think of South Africa as the UK or US. The Rand is even a legal tender in most places. Who is to blame for this ordeal? Their King, the last surviving absolute monarch in sub sahara!

vivacious vivi: Over 80 percent live under d poverty line in Haiti and unemployment is pegged at 95percent in Zimbabwe! My goodness, some countries
r really having it bad. But truly analysing d list, diff countries have various economic factors working against them. Syria and Zimbabwe shouldn't be on dat list but for power-hungry dictatoship type of leaderships. In dis day and age of globalization and closing of international trade barriers, Swaziland is mono-dependent on SA! Marshall islands I am foxed as I never even hrd of it as an independent State before sha.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 23, 2013
shymexx:

I'm good, luv?? What's poppington?? wink

Nothing much. Just chilling.
Missed u smiley

@topic we have to remember that for the most part, they are judging these countries according to western standards. Sure there are ppl suffering in these countries but if,u ask some americans, america is equally miserable. Its all about perspective and 9 times out of 10, western countries create/cosign to these "top miserable nations list" to convince themselves that their lifestyles are top knotch. Sure we may not have tribal or political violence in america but there are still iranians or even yemeni ppl who are living far more comfortably than a lot of americans.

*foodforthought.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Arcard(m): 9:41pm On Feb 23, 2013
Naija z rch buh embzzllmnt dy kill am
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by chebeoc(m): 9:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
Red-Light:
do u live below $2? Are u jobless? Dnt worry send me a mail or come to my office at ikeja and i shall employ u.. Graduate only smiley ... U wnt have to live under 2usd again... Solved?
RED-LIGHT , na ashawo business you de do?
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2013
BarryX: The way some Nigerians reason is quite surprising, Imagine people equating the superficial use of BB and INTERNET by Nigerians as a sign of being among ''non-miserables'' as the survey obviously suggest, It's clear that they never used that as a research condition. No doubt, Nigeria is my country, let the truth be told, Indices and Statistics originating from our own NBS (Nigeria Bureau of Statistics) portray a country where 70% of the citizens supposedly sleep hungry or live less than $2 daily, to me that is the Ultimate height of being 'miserable' . Forget that sucking list that they put up. Nigeria have every reason to be there! Kapish
Chai! some Nigerians sha! Una no get sense? a wheelbarrow pusher a minimum of $5 a day... 80% Nigerians eat 3 square meal a day... Nigeria is rich, the people are rich! so i don't know where you got your info from... do some research! and stop misleading people..

4 Likes

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by petition: 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2013
I was surprised not to see our beloved country Nigeria on d list. Well, it tells me dat there's still hope for dis country. But hw come more than half of d countries are dominated by muslims?
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by TenKobo1: 9:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
shymexx:

The same Iran that has the 2nd largest proven crude oil reserve in the world, no??

The same Iran that exports 10 times the megawatts of electricity Nigeria generates, no??

You must be having a laugh, mate!! Iran is 50years ahead of Nigeria in everything despite back breaking sanctions - quote me!!

Say it again brother, whenever i go to Iran, i see a nation functioning despite the huge weight of sanctions on its shoulders. The same cannot be said of the sleeping giant.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by BarryX(m): 9:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
chebeoc: RED-LIGHT , na ashawo business you de do?
I was about asking the same question. State the business and the PAY, let us see whether the ''latter rain shall be considered than the present torrential rain hitting Greece'' **winks**
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by AbrantieGH(m): 9:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
rakumiii: I have to say I was really shocked when I didnt see Nigeria on thie list. I wonder if someone payed someone to remove Nigeria from the list.

I was actually looking forward to see Nigeria on the list. I'm sad.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
OMG, see Zimbabwe with 95% unemployment rate. 1st class suffering in that country men!
rakumiii:
GDP

sadonic.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: OMG, see Zimbabwe with 95% unemployment rate. 1st class suffering in that country men!
sadonic.

95% unemployment?!! That country is truly a failed state.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by damola311: 10:04pm On Feb 23, 2013
delors:

Give one reason why Nigeria should be on that list you Camel!

Can't stop laughing.......calling someone a camel. Well Nigeria is the best country in the world to me and the country God bless most. But we nigerians are setting our sef back. In nigeria, there's enough money and Νσ natural disaster compare to other country like US. But Tȟƹ only natural disaster we have is our Government. But surely Nigeria is a better country......i l♥✓ϵ being a nigerian cos thinking like a Nigerian will make yọ̥
ũ rich.
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by gerald09(m): 10:06pm On Feb 23, 2013
The problem is not Nigeria, its Nigerians, I bet 95% of Nigerians dat read dis topic actually was hoping on seeing Nigeria on that list or suspect some1 was paid not to put it. That's how Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ fink about Nigeria. The country is perfect but its citizens continue to break it.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by BarryX(m): 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2013
[/color]
Toluwarni:
Chai! some Nigerians sha! Una no get sense? a wheelbarrow pusher a minimum of $5 a day... 80% Nigerians eat 3 square meal a day... Nigeria is rich, the people are rich! so i don't know where you got your info from... do some research! and stop misleading people..
[color=#006600]
Toluwarni:
Toluwarni:
Bruv, and you did your ''research'' and found out that ''people are rich''. That brings us to your definition of being 'rich'., which i believe i won't really buy into. The NBS data went viral in the internet and for you saying am 'misleading' people, that leaves much to be desired of your current affairs updating skills. The same reason OBJ gave when he intend increasing the pump price of petrol, And i quote.... If Nigerians can buy a bottle of beer for #150 then they're Rich enough to buy the increased price... What a bunch of Nigerians? SMH
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by mrofficial(m): 10:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
Where is Nigeria? She should make the top 5.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by naijaboyof4life(m): 10:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
shymexx:

Do iran people have freedom of speech, no?
Do Iran people have access to internet, no?
Can iran people bash their leaders and not expect to get killed, no?
In iran the government is watching your every internet move, no?
So when they say miserable countries, they are not talking about government but majority of the people.

1 Like

Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by osinachii: 10:31pm On Feb 23, 2013
I concur absolutely

You must be having a laugh, mate!! Iran is 50years ahead of Nigeria in everything despite back breaking sanctions - quote me!![/quote]
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by naijaboyof4life(m): 10:32pm On Feb 23, 2013
shymexx:

If you look at it critically, you'll discover that the yanks have done more harm to humanity... There was nothing like terrorism before the yanks started financing and training jihadists...

West Africa was doing fine before they invaded Libya - the blowback is about to rip the region apart... They also destroyed Somalia, Yemen, Iraq, Congo DR, Liberia etc.. The list is endless...

You are right. They look like friends but they do things for their own selfish purposes
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by manny4life(m): 10:34pm On Feb 23, 2013
CFCfan:

95% unemployment?!! That country is truly a failed state.

Let me see the anuofia that will compare Nigeria to Zimbabwe... angry
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by akintun: 10:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by MsDarkSkin: 9:41pm
shymexx:

I'm good, luv?? What's poppington??

Nothing much. Just chilling.
Missed u

@topic we have to remember that for the most part, they are judging these countries according to western standards. Sure there are ppl suffering in these countries but if,u ask some americans, america is equally miserable. Its all about perspective and 9 times out of 10, western countries create/cosign to these "top miserable nations list" to convince themselves that their lifestyles are top knotch. Sure we may not have tribal or political violence in america but there are still iranians or even yemeni ppl who are living far more comfortably than a lot of americans.

*foodforthought.

By far d most sensible post on dis topic.
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
M M M: 26. Northen part of Nigeria cry angry
The FACT is that lets cut off lagos and three oil producing states then the whole country is as miserable as the above even way worse!
If you look at t he criteria for judging this countries, then nigeria must be one! Talk about unemployment, electricity, clean water etc we know the damn truth in our mind. That our country is still moving is becos of OIL fact!
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by hardbody: 10:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
shymexx: The list is a joke!! Most of the countries on the list are communist countries that are anti-west!!!

Any list without Nigeria in the top-10 is a miserable list - fvck CIA!!

How did Iran, Belarus, maldives, Swaziland, Senegal, Marshall Island, Kenya, Lesotho etc. make the list and a failed state like Nigeria isn't on there?? SMFDH!

Shame on bad fiffle
Re: The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
delors:

Give one reason why Nigeria should be on that list you Camel!
Give one reason why Nigeria shouldn't be on the list. Nigeria has failed in flying colours!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Raila Odinga Swears Himself In As Kenya 'President' / Lessons From The Recent Coup In Niger, By Jideofor Adibe (Pictures) / ADF Rebels Attack Private School In Uganda. 42 Dead, Many Injured (graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.