Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

UBA Visa Africard Scam. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Visa Africard Scam. (5521 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UBA Visa Africard Scam. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 23, 2013
I am a frequent user of the UBA Visa Africard and I usually make payments with it online and I've done several successful transactions with my Visa Africard, however on the 23rd of February, I made a payment which was processed by 2Checkout.com. 2CO effectively deducted my account with #4,800 which was exchanged for $28.00 USD. A dollar exchanged for #168.00 or there about. The said transaction was however cancelled and 2 CO effectively issued a refund order which was sent to me by mail.

After waiting a couple of days turning into weeks, the said amount was never debited into my account. I was thereby prompted to call the UBA CIC and they requested that I should forward the refund order mail I got from 2 Checkout which I promptly did with my card details. I eventually got a call from a customer representative from UBA trying to confirm the said transaction and money claims I made and the said amount and date was verified.

To my surprise, UBA or any of their representatives has neither refunded my account or contacted me as regards my refund claims. Will anybody advise on the next course of action.
Re: UBA Visa Africard Scam. by 2jideofor(m): 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
go physical
Re: UBA Visa Africard Scam. by bukahands(m): 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2013
chipmunkey: I am a frequent user of the UBA Visa Africard and I usually make payments with it online and I've done several successful transactions with my Visa Africard, however on the 23rd of February, I made a payment which was processed by 2Checkout.com. 2CO effectively deducted my account with #4,800 which was exchanged for $28.00 USD. A dollar exchanged for #168.00 or there about. The said transaction was however cancelled and 2 CO effectively issued a refund order which was sent to me by mail.

After waiting a couple of days turning into weeks, the said amount was never debited into my account. I was thereby prompted to call the UBA CIC and they requested that I should forward the refund order mail I got from 2 Checkout which I promptly did with my card details. I eventually got a call from a customer representative from UBA trying to confirm the said transaction and money claims I made and the said amount and date was verified.

To my surprise, UBA or any of their representatives has neither refunded my account or contacted me as regards my refund claims. Will anybody advise on the next course of action.

Something similar happened to me last year, a case of refund from sportingbet. I neva got my money back despite different calls/emails. The latest now is the one that happened last week thursday wen I tried to withdraw from an ATM and my account was debited with any cash coming out. I have called twice they said friday dats yesterday still no show. Anyway will be breaking d card won't use the card again.

I remember when I went to complain for the ATM case as soon as I mentioned africard the cashiers started to laff. One of them now said I should just hope it comes back. That card since its not linked to an account theu don't take it seriously
Re: UBA Visa Africard Scam. by bukahands(m): 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2013
chipmunkey: I am a frequent user of the UBA Visa Africard and I usually make payments with it online and I've done several successful transactions with my Visa Africard, however on the 23rd of February, I made a payment which was processed by 2Checkout.com. 2CO effectively deducted my account with #4,800 which was exchanged for $28.00 USD. A dollar exchanged for #168.00 or there about. The said transaction was however cancelled and 2 CO effectively issued a refund order which was sent to me by mail.

Something similar happened to me last year, a case of refund from sportingbet. I neva got my money back despite different calls/emails. The latest now is the one that happened last week thursday wen I tried to withdraw from an ATM and my account was debited with any cash coming out. I have called twice they said friday dats yesterday still no show. Anyway will be breaking d card won't use the card again.

I remember when I went to complain for the ATM case as soon as I mentioned africard the cashiers started to laff. One of them now said I should just hope it comes back. That card since its not linked to an account theu don't take it seriously
Re: UBA Visa Africard Scam. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
Seems there are lots of us who suffers the same fate in the hands of this monstrous bank.
bukahands:

Re: UBA Visa Africard Scam. by koksybrown: 10:22am On Feb 24, 2013

What could the bolded mean, if todays date is 24th Febuary. Whatever it means, i dont hv any problem with Africard. Its far better than My GTBank domiciliary account Visa Card.
Re: UBA Visa Africard Scam. by bukahands(m): 11:16am On Feb 24, 2013
koksybrown:
What could the bolded mean, if todays date is 24th Febuary. Whatever it means, i dont hv any problem with Africard. Its far better than My GTBank domiciliary account Visa Card.

I actually prefer GTB visa card, d only issue is looking for where to change USD
Re: UBA Visa Africard Scam. by koksybrown: 12:14pm On Feb 24, 2013
Thatz the point. Africard saves u all the stress.
Re: UBA Visa Africard Scam. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 24, 2013
koksybrown:
What the bolded means is that you may never get your money back even when you cancel an order your card has already been charged for.
The bank's CIC aren't doing their job.
Re: UBA Visa Africard Scam. by Greatfes17: 1:33am On Feb 26, 2013
bukahands:

I actually prefer GTB visa card, d only issue is looking for where to change USD
bukahands:

bukahands:
Have you got any idea whether DIAMOD BANK have a reliable CARD for ONLINE PAYMENTS.
You can inbox me.
Re: UBA Visa Africard Scam. by Davintino: 8:47am On Feb 26, 2013
Pls, anyone who has a UBA Africard. Can I use my company's I.D Card as a means of Identification when filing 4 d card?
Re: UBA Visa Africard Scam. by cyif2003(m): 10:40am On Feb 26, 2013
Yes
Re: UBA Visa Africard Scam. by ProGSM(m): 6:56am On Feb 27, 2013
Give them a call again and insist on reply. They will refund u.
Re: UBA Visa Africard Scam. by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 01, 2013
ProGSM: Give them a call again and insist on reply. They will refund u.
I've gone to the branch where I applied for the card a logged in a complaint letter.
I have the CR officer there will do something about it fast. But I wonder why UBA will exchange a dollar for 166 Naira in the first place. That to me is a big scam.
They also charge 100 Naira over every credit/debit transaction.
That too is uncalled for. I must have lost thousands of Naira over these little scams. I'm sure same goes for every other person who uses the card. I hope to get the GT Master card.
Re: UBA Visa Africard Scam. by bukahands(m): 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
I have gotten a refund on d ATM debit ish.
Re: UBA Visa Africard Scam. by savanto: 8:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
Hello Nairalanders,

Please can anyone be able to tell me if the UBA Africard has a second billing address. I intend to use it with MyUS.Com which requires that you use a second billing address which they will give you upon payment. I have gone to the UBA near me (Gbagada branch) but the customer service did not seem to know much about the product.

Please I need your advice.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Bvn Warning Alert!!!!! / Dangote Cement’s N179 Billion Dividend Excites Shareholders / Importing Fairly Used Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.