Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,936 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment (59462 Views)

Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit / Help UBA Charges Stamp Duty On My Savings Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by gozaks(m): 8:37am On Nov 20, 2015
To the Admin, Mods and Super Mods, please move this thread to front page. I need Nairalanders advice regarding this problem.

On Saturday, September 12th, 2015 at around 12 pm, a client with the registered name and email (Bluehill Investment - bluehillinvestment@yahoo.com) on my website called that he want to buy $832 worth of Bitcoin and he will make payment via Internet Banking, i accepted and told him to go ahead and make payment. 15 minutes later, i received an SMS and email alert of N200,000 payment in my UBA account, i rushed to the nearest ATM to confirm the payment, after i confirmed the payment and i went back home and send the $832 worth of Bitcoin to the client's wallet.

See they payment screen shot below;

See the screen shot of the Bitcoin i sent to the client wallet below below;

The next day been Sunday, September 13th, i went to UBA ATM located at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu (by Otigba junction) to withdraw money, the ATM kicked my card out. The following day been Monday, September 14th, i went to same UBA branch at Ebeano Housing Estate and complained, they told me that my account has been blocked for receiving fraudlent payment of N200,000. They told me that owner of the account in First City Monument Bank (FCMB) where the money was transferred from reported to his bank (FMCB) that he didn't authorize the transfer and the bank (FCMB) reported to them (UBA), that is why my account was blocked.

I explained to the Operation Manager (a woman) that the payment (N200,000) was for $832 worth of Bitcoin i sold to a client and i have already send the Bitcoin to the client wallet when i confirmed the payment, the Operation Manager told me to go and find the person that sent the money to my account. I called the client phone number (09094991664) which he used to call me on Saturday to complain to him, but the number was switched off and is still switched off up till date.

I have gone to the bank several times to resolve this problem, but the operation Manager still insist that I must provide the person that sent the money to my account, I told her that I'm willing to submit every information the client registered on my website to support their investigation but to no avail.

I have called UBA Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC) on +234 1 280 8822, the phone will ring with no answer. I have also sent an email to CFC@ubagroup.com, but no reply.

There was a day I tried to chat with a UBA online support agent, as soon as i submit my account details to the operator, she went offline. I tried again, the operator i connected with told me that they will look into it and get back to me, but since then I have not receive any email, text or phone call from UBA.

On Monday, November 9th, i checked my mailbox and and saw an email notification from UBA, i opened the mail and saw that an Interest of N690.82 was credited my account. Later in the day, i went to the bank to check whether my account has been unblocked, i slot in my card in the ATM and it was kicked out.

On Wednesday, September 11th, I called the Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC) again on +23412808822 since i am not getting any positive response from my branch at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu (by Otigba junction), luckily for me, a lady answered my call, i provided my account details to her, she checked my account status and told me that the client "Bluehill Investment" who sent the money to my account was the same person that went back immediately and called his bank (FCMB) that the transfer he made to my account was a fraudulent transfer. She also told me that my branch at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu have not notified them on this matter since two months, that they will contact they Ebeano Housing Estate branch and get back to me. But up till today, UBA have not contacted me in any way and my account is still blocked.

Please i need you guys advice and help on how to resolve this matter, the 200k they blocked is affecting my business because i am not longer doing Turn-over as usual.

Thank you all in advance as you halp me.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Trut(m): 8:43am On Nov 20, 2015
Another UBA wahala thread. I don't even know why people are still using UBA for banking.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by ademega(m): 8:51am On Nov 20, 2015
I dont even know the business u are into. show me the way now pls. I will pray I dont transact with such destructive intelligent customer

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 20, 2015
OP what is wrong with you, stop painting UBA in bad light here, they have explained to you, the fault is from your customer who knows what he's doing while you don't. the solution to your problem has nothing to do with UBA, you need police or EFCC and a lawyer to solve this and you're shouting UBA, Better act fast before the money is reversed.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by pickabeau1: 8:55am On Nov 20, 2015
imas:
OP what is wrong with you, stop painting UBA in bad light here, they have explained to you,the fault is from your customer who knows what he's doing while you don't. the solution to your problem has nothing to do with UBA, you need police or EFCC and a lawyer to solve this and you're shouting UBA, Better act fast before the money is reversed.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by mystical109(m): 9:11am On Nov 20, 2015
Not end time enough

11 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by chipzidar(f): 9:11am On Nov 20, 2015
shocked This one is strong
My advice : continue calling them and prove every information necessary
If you have the persons account number and full name you can track him down
That's why I prefer PayPal Payorneer transfer sad
I pray your acc gets unblocked soon

End time scammers grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by CACAWA(m): 9:12am On Nov 20, 2015
imas:
OP what is wrong with you, stop painting UBA in bad light here, they have explained to you, the fault is from your customer who knows what he's doing while you don't. the solution to your problem has nothing to do with UBA, you need police or EFCC and a lawyer to solve this and you're shouting UBA, Better act fast before the money is reversed.

very dumb comment.

OP, kindly take note that your bank has the right to corporate with law enforcement agencies when financial fraud investigations are ongoing.

However, the only reason they can take back any money from your account and pay to someone else without your consent are as follows:

1. He never requested for a transaction.
2. You never sent him the goods/service.
3. You sent him the goods/service but he has since returned it.

If the bank has any proofs of the above, tell them to send it to you. If you have proofs against the above, make sure to send it to them.

Mind you, you must meet a lawyer to write to the bank, giving them 7 working days to respond or face the law. The bank has no right to seize your money if they cannot prove any of the above reasons and it is up to you to sue them and claim serious damages.

Only a fool will consider this a helpless situation. Ignore those people saying your client has scammed you. As long as the money entered your account, the bank scammed you by returning it to him without your permission or a proof that you were a fraudster.

246 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 20, 2015
Go get a Lawyer. Report to the EFCC OR THE POLICE. Goodluck...... The poster above me has said it all with valid points added.... CACAWA, are you a banker?!

9 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by looseweight: 9:12am On Nov 20, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by PLANETMARS(m): 9:12am On Nov 20, 2015
gozaks:
To the Admin, Mods and Super Mods, please move this thread to front page. I need Nairalanders advice regarding this problem.

On Saturday, September 12th, 2015 at around 12 pm, a client with the registered name and email (Bluehill Investment - bluehillinvestment@yahoo.com) on my website called that he want to buy $832 worth of Bitcoin and he will make payment via Internet Banking, i accepted and told him to go ahead and make payment. 15 minutes later, i received an SMS and email alert of N200,000 payment in my UBA account, i rushed to the nearest ATM to confirm the payment, after i confirmed the payment and i went back home and send the $832 worth of Bitcoin to the client's wallet.

See they payment screen shot below;

See the screen shot of the Bitcoin i sent to the client wallet below below;

The next day been Sunday, September 13th, i went to UBA ATM located at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu (by Otigba junction) to withdraw money, the ATM kicked my card out. The following day been Monday, September 14th, i went to same UBA branch at Ebeano Housing Estate and complained, they told me that my account has been blocked for receiving fraudlent payment of N200,000. They told me that owner of the account in First City Monument Bank (FCMB) where the money was transferred from reported to his bank (FMCB) that he didn't authorize the transfer and the bank (FCMB) reported to them (UBA), that is why my account was blocked.

I explained to the Operation Manager (a woman) that the payment (N200,000) was for $832 worth of Bitcoin i sold to a client and i have already send the Bitcoin to the client wallet when i confirmed the payment, the Operation Manager told me to go and find the person that sent the money to my account. I called the client phone number (09094991664) which he used to call me on Saturday to complain to him, but the number was switched off and is still switched off up till date.

I have gone to the bank several times to resolve this problem, but the operation Manager still insist that I must provide the person that sent the money to my account, I told her that I'm willing to submit every information the client registered on my website to support their investigation but to no avail.

I have called UBA Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC) on +234 1 280 8822, the phone will ring with no answer. I have also sent an email to CFC@ubagroup.com, but no reply.

There was a day I tried to chat with a UBA online support agent, as soon as i submit my account details to the operator, she went offline. I tried again, the operator i connected with told me that they will look into it and get back to me, but since then I have not receive any email, text or phone call from UBA.

On Monday, November 9th, i checked my mailbox and and saw an email notification from UBA, i opened the mail and saw that an Interest of N690.82 was credited my account. Later in the day, i went to the bank to check whether my account has been unblocked, i slot in my card in the ATM and it was kicked out.

On Wednesday, September 11th, I called the Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC) again on +23412808822 since i am not getting any positive response from my branch at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu (by Otigba junction), luckily for me, a lady answered my call, i provided my account details to her, she checked my account status and told me that the client "Bluehill Investment" who sent the money to my account was the same person that went back immediately and called his bank (FCMB) that the transfer he made to my account was a fraudulent transfer. She also told me that my branch at Ebeano Housing Estate in Enugu have not notified them on this matter since two months, that they will contact they Ebeano Housing Estate branch and get back to me. But up till today, UBA have not contacted me in any way and my account is still blocked.

Please i need you guys advice and help on how to resolve this matter, the 200k they blocked is affecting my business because i am not longer doing Turn-over as usual.

Thank you all in advance as you halp me.
baba u fell a victim of fraud. I was once in ur shoes on a cool friday evening I got a call from a client he wanted to buy $2000 in perfectmoney. I had just $1k plus pm so I had to rally round and get additional $1k he made payment through my payment processor then SWITCHTELLER PAY and the rest was history. I lost over 450k switchteller claimed it was a fraudulent transaction my account was closed I almost ran mad. I just stopped the business and faced other more secured business. Contacted efcc icpc who I no contact yet no meaningful response.

9 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Exponental(m): 9:13am On Nov 20, 2015
I smell scam here. unfortunately you bank with an unfriendly bank

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by colossus2: 9:13am On Nov 20, 2015
Trut:
Another UBA wahala thread. I don't even know why people are still using UBA for banking.
Una no go read, una go juz carry hand type wetin una like undecided

Dear OP, your customer is trying to play a fast one on you.
Get a police report, and print out all transactions done. Submit to the police, your bank, and your customers bank (UBA has given you a clue).
You have to act fast cos if that money has been reversed, just know it that the customer has cleared his account and abandoned it.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by clefstone(m): 9:13am On Nov 20, 2015
You be yahoo boy

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Shortyy(f): 9:13am On Nov 20, 2015
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by damton(m): 9:14am On Nov 20, 2015
ok
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Next2Bezee(m): 9:14am On Nov 20, 2015
Geez don't go posting the entire image details here or do u want some ppl to do u strong thing cheesy

Your client has scammed you, as long as his bank believe takes his report serious you can't touch that money. Report to the authorities asap and give them the guy's no

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by ambassadorgozie(m): 9:14am On Nov 20, 2015
I smell SCAM
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by teebaxy(m): 9:15am On Nov 20, 2015
Lemme borrow u my acct no...business must continue

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by ITbomb(m): 9:15am On Nov 20, 2015
Your client has done a fast one on you not UBA, get the police involved

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by ogaofficer(m): 9:15am On Nov 20, 2015
Pls check my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Idiataqueen(f): 9:15am On Nov 20, 2015
I Dont Know What To Type
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by JumpingChicken(m): 9:15am On Nov 20, 2015
Hmmnn... U.B.A... People still dey use that bank? Even their cashiers na ex armed robbers.

Since the customer and both banks claim it was a fraudulent transaction, the bank should have arrested you immediately they saw you and also provide the details of the other customer and ask him to come to the police station so that all parties involved can resolve the situation face to face. But the way they are acting shows someone in the bank is working with the crooked customer to defraud the OP. Before you know it theey will deduct the 200k from ur account and sharee it amongst themselves....

U.B.A don do me strong thing before. If I see their sign board or any of their branch, I go cross to the other side of the road. I fear dem die.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by HDoc(m): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2015
Ntin 2 Comment
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by kennyman2000(m): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2015
Learnt something new from this. It seems, this's the new way scammers wants to start operating now.. They make payment into ur account and go back to the bank to complain and bank revert the money into their account bank. Seems, this's what happened to the Op. Mheeennnn, which way naija?

Maybe the best thing is to get the customer made payment and get the client goods or services delayed for like a day or two days after when the bank wont entertain his or her fraudulent story.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by mainman7(m): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2015
Words and Opposites, UBA:GTB

Father Mbaka!!! Very interesting conversations going on in the thread below; a must read thread!
https://www.nairaland.com/2747723/biafra-revfr-mbaka-speaks-again#40215260

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Elxandre(m): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2015
People are wicked Sha.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Warlord3000(m): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2015
Leave UBA OUT

You have a mischievous client trying to hoodwink u....

Get the son of a.............

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by yorke1: 9:16am On Nov 20, 2015
Pathetic. I don't know why people are still using that rubbish bank called UBA. I prefer to put my money under my pillow to banking with UBA.

People need to learn...UBA is the worst bank in the world

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Sasuwa(f): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2015
Crimes everywhere, even Internet fraudsters are on rampagne,and are all over, they wanted to make money at all cost and have device several deceptive approaches to steal from people money. Here I am going to expose one of the tactics they use to lure their prey before finally causing damages to them.
They will start by finding your email contact, I don’t know how they come across it, either through whois looks up or whatever but they will tell they get your information through private search.
The next thing they send you an email that they are looking for an investment partner; they are under detention or house arrest, they inherited the wealth and they don’t know how to invest.
Some may send you a message claim
continue reading
Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by Kayendy(m): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2015
Simple tin, report to Efcc..... cos UBA has no problem with u or better still endeavour to find d customer or track d goods to d place u sent it (sorry wats bitcoin again)

1 Like

Re: Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment by haywire07(m): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2015
Eeya...maga for life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It / How To Calculate Your Income Tax In Nigeria (Ugometrics) / Temi Otedola Writes About Her Autistic Brother (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.