Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,299 members, 7,954,192 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:54 PM

Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished (12551 Views)

Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops / MASSOB Takes Over Owerri For Ojukwu Memorial Day, Rekindles Biafra Hope / Ojukwu Memorial Wake In Atl and New York, Us.--------video: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by fkaz(m): 8:20am On Feb 24, 2013
The Ojukwu Memorial Library building in Owerri, the Imo State capital, was yesterday night reduced to rubble by unknown persons.
The building, located at 2 Ralph Uwazuruike Street, Area G, New Owerri was being built by the leader of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) and the Ezeigbo, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike, in honour of the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu.
The building, when completed, would have also served as a research centre on Igbo studies.
The MASSOB leader, who was not around at the time of the incident, said he had gone to Oraifite for the burial ceremony of Mr. Emeka Okwuosa’s father in company of Mrs. Bianca Ojukwu.
According to him, it was on his way back that he received a call from one of his members informing him that the building had been pulled down by unknown persons.
“I had gone to Oraifite in Anambra State with her Excellency, IyomBianca Ojukwu, for the burial ceremony of the late father of Mr. Emeka Okwuosa; on my way back to Owerri, I received a call from one of my members that some people had demolished the Ojukwu Memorial Library in Owerri. He said those who carried out the act were seen escaping in a 406 Peugeot car.
“But I don’t know those who are responsible for this dastardly act but we intend to find out,” Chief Uwazuruike said.
He further disclosed that in the past two weeks his security personnel had reported seeing some strange faces surveying the site but that he had told them not to challenge them to avoid clashes.
However, one of the MASSOB members, Sunday Peters, narrating his experience, said that when they heard a loud explosion, they immediately rushed to the site only to see about four men scaling the fence to the back street where they parked their 406 Peugeot car with which they made their escape.
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/ojukwus-memorial-library-building-demolished/

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 24, 2013
so they bombed the building? If so, lets call it a litewar
Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by DuduNegro: 8:43am On Feb 24, 2013
the building was demolished by unknown persons escaping in a peugeot? what was the building made of, paper and sticks?

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 24, 2013
Boy, u need to wake up this is the 21st century. Do you think they used their mere hands or an ordinary hammer to pull down the building. I guess people like you think this is the era were you can use your bare hands to pull a mud house down. As we evolve in technology to build, we also elvolve in technology to destroy. An example is the nuclear warhead we have now that can destroy and finish alot of people in seconds unlike bomb. So, dudu, you must be thinking in that your antiquated brains that mere hands pushed down that building. Smh.
Dudu_Negro: the building was demolished by unknown persons escaping in a peugeot? what was the building made of, paper and sticks?

13 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by ifyalways(f): 9:22am On Feb 24, 2013
Too bad.Right inside Owerri.Goes to show . . . undecided

Dayokanu should be investigated. angry
Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by GARRIx7(m): 9:53am On Feb 24, 2013
they immediately rushed to the site only to see about four men scaling the fence to the back street where they parked their 406 Peugeot car with which they made their escape.

.. And they are:

1. Bluetooth

2. Dayokanu

3. Eko Ile

4. Geeez

angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by eggheaders(m): 10:05am On Feb 24, 2013
GARRI (x7):

.. And they are:

1. Bluetooth

2. Dayokanu

3. Eko Ile

4. Geeez

angry angry

lols those guys bad gan.
Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by Daminitehood: 10:38am On Feb 24, 2013
I don't like the smell of these at all. Ojukwubwas a great man and should be appreciated wisely.

Why burn down the deceased memorial library.

May God judge the perpetrators evenly since they have decided to behave like the barbarians they have portrayed themselves to be

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by RedLight1: 10:42am On Feb 24, 2013
ifyalways: Too bad.Right inside Owerri.Goes to show . . . undecided

Dayokanu should be investigated. angry
are u saying dayokanu is a terorist? shocked grin grin
Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by Daminitehood: 10:43am On Feb 24, 2013
I don't like the smell of these at all. Ojukwubwas a great man and should be appreciated wisely.

Why demolish the deceased memorial library.

May God judge the perpetrators evenly since they have decided to behave like the barbarians they have portrayed themselves to be.

We need people with love to share and not boys scouts from hell who think violence is their anthem

Foolsssssssssssssssssss
Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by informatix: 10:44am On Feb 24, 2013
A reasonable Man should know there is a Dispute over the Land Uwazuruike was errecting the structure. Who's name is on the CofO. Is it uwazuruike?. Bluetooth? Acidtalk?. grin grin
Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by manny4life(m): 10:45am On Feb 24, 2013
Hmm, this is hate right in front of your own house, this would have served very well for the people particularly those who have no idea about the struggles of MASSOB and Biafra... If they like, let them pull it down, the building will rise again. This was an inside job, approved by an insider... quote me on it

For the ewu asking was the building made with paper and stick, it's only you who doesn't know that a building can be brought down with local home made C4 or explosives.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by Ekans: 10:45am On Feb 24, 2013
PDP boys at it again.
Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by OluEmmaAss: 10:47am On Feb 24, 2013
The death of a poor man engenders love and unity among his family. A rich man's death however results in calamity and possibly more deaths.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 24, 2013
Those men need to demolish Nnamdi Azikwe mausoleum too.

Evil men should not be remembered but forgotten !

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by Paulmystery: 10:50am On Feb 24, 2013
a handwriting on the wall that some "first born" citizens are really making moves to defect from the ruling party in imo state.
Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by oboy3(m): 10:51am On Feb 24, 2013
Fake story
Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 24, 2013
manny4life:

Is it same fake goods that your miserable hands and people patronize?

At least, God bless the Akara woman hustle than being a tout and nuisance, extorting money from me...

You seem to wanna call out the Igbos at anything, but you fail to see the logic - if you willingly engage in the activity of fake goods, either by buying or selling or consuming, you're guilty of same crime through association.

Why do you guys like celebrating your evil genuity ?

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by eggheaders(m): 10:58am On Feb 24, 2013
double wahala for dead body and the owner of dead body.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by manny4life(m): 10:59am On Feb 24, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Why do you guys like celebrating your evil genuity ?

Let me guess, you have clean genuity? Ain't you damn ashamed of yourself?

Is it not common knowledge that you are part and parcel of the same cycle you accuse Igbos of?

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 24, 2013
Hmmmmm. Later sha. I pray is not Rochas cause that man is bent on satisfying hausa and yourobas for his ambition
Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 24, 2013
manny4life:

Is it not common knowledge that you are part and parcel of the same cycle you accuse Igbos of?

You have an attitude of answering questions with questions ? Just answer the damn question ! You sale fake goods to unsuspecting buyers and you think its smartness ? WeLl to me,its not only fraudulent but evil !

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by manny4life(m): 11:11am On Feb 24, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You have an attitude of answering questions with questions ? Just answer the damn question ! You sale fake goods to unsuspecting buyers and you think its smartness ? WeLl to me,its not only fraudulent but evil !

Haha, you're morally bankrupt to even want to question the genuine trade transactions of the Igbo people. Yes, I will question a dumb question for a valid one. Haha, we sell fake goods, Igbo's DO NOT SELL FAKE GOODS, and even those who sell who sell low quality goods, I don't see what's wrong in it, do you?

What's the crime in selling low quality brand products that poor people like you can afford? So since you have that knowledge all this while its been FAKE, what have you done to abstain from it? Apparently it's not fake --- it's either your cheapry hands cannot afford the real deal, or simply you bitchh about it.

It's fraudulent? LOL, the problem is you try to exempt yourself from the association and then claim evil... As far as I'm concerned, I haven't seen anything wrong, bring me a better case, and I will answer you.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu’s Memorial Library Building Demolished by donchris999: 11:11am On Feb 24, 2013
Nwanne leave that motor park tout alone. The only thing the yorubas know how to do is to be a tout(agbero) at every motorpark like their master adedibu and tokyo.
manny4life:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars / TCN Begins Nationwide Load-shedding As Power Generation Drops By 1087MW / TUC Tackles Sylva As FG Says Fuel Price Increase Looms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.