Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government (1223 Views)

Boko Haram: Lagos To Experience Heavy Gunshots, Movement Of Ammunition—military / Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? / Boko Haram: Lagos, Delta, Ekiti Evacuate Over 1, 500 Students From Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by olokfor: 9:06am On Feb 24, 2013
As the train of the Islamist fundamentalist, otherwise known as Boko Haram is gradually moving towards the southwest zone, the Lagos State Government on Saturday boasted that the state was ready for any attack.
It urged residents to disregard reported threats by some groups to attack the state.

The Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Lateef Ibirogba, and the Commissioner for Environment, Mr. Tunji Bello, disclosed that the government had put measures in place to ensure the protection of lives and property.
The commissioners, who led a team of workers and security personnel to comb under bridges and black spots in Surulerelocal government, said security agencies in the state have since commenced work on intelligence reports.
Ibirogba said, “I will say categorically thatLagos is safe, Lagosians should not entertain any fear. We have done all we are supposed to do to ensure that we live safely. Lagosians should go about their normal duties without entertaining any fear.

“The idea of Boko Haram coming to attackLagos is nothing to scare anybody. This is a proactive government and Lagosians have confidence in their government.
“Lagos is home to everybody and I don’t think anybody in the right frame of mind will want to extend act of terrorism or violence to Lagos.”
While reacting, Bello said the governmenthad sent the transporters under the bridge in Ojuelegba packing.

He explained that the decision was meantto clean up the place and get rid of unscrupulous elements hiding under the bridge , perpetrating evil.
He said the Kick Against Indiscipline would henceforth occupy the garage and ensure that those polluting the place do not return.
Meanwhile, the security check at the stategovernor and his deputy’s entrance gates has been beefed up.

It was learnt that the directive was given by top security aides to the state governor.
Some of the policemen deployed to the main gate leading to the state Secretariat, Alausa, said they had been instructed not to allow anybody into the secretariat except those cleared by the Office of Head of Service.

SOURCE- www.informationnaija.com/we-are-ready-for-boko-haram-lagos-state-government/
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by shegzy4luv(m): 9:21am On Feb 24, 2013
Ok
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by pastie(m): 9:44am On Feb 24, 2013
I swear na oversabi go kill this man.

1 Like

Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by StarFist(m): 9:55am On Feb 24, 2013
I believe so
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by kelvincoll(m): 9:57am On Feb 24, 2013
pastie: I swear na oversabi go kill this man.

I dey tell you! Well em jst dey ginger trying to scare dem. With the whole Army barracks scattered everywhere in abuja the boko boiz where still able to penetrate and commit havoc talkmore of lagos where security is nothing to write home about, hustling and jostling everywhere for dailybread without vigilance! I jst pray the sect has no such intention else e no go easy!
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by GARRIx7(m): 10:03am On Feb 24, 2013
pastie: I swear na oversabi go kill this man.

Do you think everybody is‎​ scared of Boko-Haram like shameless GEJ who because of fear of Boko Haram had to carry out a national celebration inside his bedroom instead of eagle square??

What did you expect LASG to do?? Go beg the terrorists like GEJ is‎​ doing??

Folks like you think Boko Haram is‎​ invincible because of the clueless one we've got in Aso rock..

Their bluff has been called off, let them do their worst...

SILLY BASTARDS!!!!

6 Likes

Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by PointB: 10:30am On Feb 24, 2013
Indeed Lagos is home for everyone. But let's be realistic, those who have no qualms destroying theIr homes will show no qualms when it about those of others.

Basically, the authority need to talk less and do more. Boko Haram sinister agenda should not be taken with kids glove. Searching for them under the bridges and garages is laughable.
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by Maxymilliano(m): 10:55am On Feb 24, 2013
Very funny I must say, just like the government was ready for the bomb explosion at Miracle Sand Beach under Festac link bridge last week...

Act of terrorism is not what anybody wished for and if fortification of security checks at the state governor and his deputy entrance gates and chasing vagrants from under bridges is part of the 'proactive' measures taken, I can indeed see the level of readiness...
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 24, 2013
How can you say you are ready for WHAT you don't even know sad undecided Bluffers undecided

1 Like

Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by Gbawe: 1:25pm On Feb 24, 2013
Maxymilliano: Very funny I must say, just like the government was ready for the bomb explosion at Miracle Sand Beach under Festac link bridge last week...

Act of terrorism is not what anybody wished for and if fortification of security checks at the state governor and his deputy entrance gates and chasing vagrants from under bridges is part of the 'proactive' measures taken, I can indeed see the level of readiness...

Why is it that bias makes you guys so blind to what is obvious? How do leaders talk worldwide in the face of challenges? How many do you know ask a Nation to pray for terrorist to turn a new leaf? How many grovel every time when toughness is required? Instead, real leaders will say "We will not negotiate with terrorist". "Miscreants will be brought to book wherever they hide". "Terrorist will never win". "We will not be cowered by evil". "We will fight fire with fire" (Isreal) Etc, etc.

Is it because GEJ sets such appalling standards,as an unfit and undeserving leader, some of us now feel it is okay to talk as Jonathan's style is the norm and the stance of Lagos, which is the right one in my opinion, is now "baiting"? GEJ has made Nigerians cowards in thinking !!! I am glad I spend substantial time out of Nigeria to appreciate how leaders talk and act worldwide. Cameron, for example, directly told the yobs, after the UK riot, we are coming to get you and there is no rock to hide under not even the massively abused umbrella of human rights !!!!

No one should make any mistakes about it. While the talk of Lagos may sound pugnacious, it is directly designed to send the message to Boko Haram that "we are not all cowered into inaction like the Weak President" who prefers to see no evil and hear no evil when he is actually surrounded by it. "We will not let you come here and slaughter Lagosians as you have been doing elsewhere" is the Message ....... and rightly so !!!!

I don't know how we have gotten to the point where we are now so divided, some can have a problem with the Lagos government trying to inspire confidence in Lagosians when the FG prefers to act like an impotent victim held prisoner by the 'mighty' terrorists. If Lagos fails so be it but sounding scared and intimidated should not be an option for Nations/States with real leaders in charge. Just look around to see what obtains worldwide before you unambitiously 'institutionalise' and legitimise GEJ's weak style.

Ibirogba said, “I will say categorically thatLagos is safe, Lagosians should not entertain any fear. We have done all we are supposed to do to ensure that we live safely. Lagosians should go about their normal duties without entertaining any fear.

“The idea of Boko Haram coming to attackLagos is nothing to scare anybody. This is a proactive government and Lagosians have confidence in their government.

6 Likes

Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by ba7man(m): 2:12pm On Feb 24, 2013
In the North, Residents of areas Boko Haram members set-up shop are aware of their activities but are intimidated and scared. I don't see that happening in Lagos. They'll get lynched....and i'll gladly join in.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by gbadexy(m): 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
I like the tough stance taken by the government of lagos state but I doubt if any concrete plan is put in place.
Beefing up the security of the governor and his deputy rather shows they are wary while the common man is OYO.
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by accused(m): 6:00pm On Feb 24, 2013
yriba people very good @ noise making. We dey wait, when the shite hit d fence will knw if they will still be talkin from both side of the mouth
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by miiraaj: 6:20pm On Feb 24, 2013
Brave and courageous attempt by the Lagos state government. I call on every Lagosian to support the state government in chasing this evil of Boko haram, eventhough the ultimate solution to this menace of boko haram is to chase PDP out of power in 2015.
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by ba7man(m): 6:27pm On Feb 24, 2013
accused: yriba people very good @ noise making. We dey wait, when the shite hit d fence will knw if they will still be talkin from both side of the mouth
You sound like those kind of people that wish misfortune on other people just to make you feel better about your miserable life.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by MrMcJay(m): 9:27pm On Feb 24, 2013
When Lagos state says it is ready for BH, it is not talking of d errand boys blowing themselves to bits. Most of the sponsors of this group have properties and investments in Lagos. Come to VI or Ikoyi and you'll see what I mean. By the way, where's the Corporate Headquaters of Dangote Group?
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by antsut(m): 9:28pm On Feb 24, 2013
GEJ 'spent $1million Of Aid Money On Featuring Beyoncé And And Jay-z'
https://www.nairaland.com/1206635/gej-spent-1million-aid-money
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 24, 2013
the day a bomb goes off in Lagos courtesy of bokoharam, that is gonna be the end of Hausa people in lagos. nice move by Fashola. Eko oni baje o!
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by ba7man(m): 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2013
antsut: GEJ 'spent $1million Of Aid Money On Featuring Beyoncé And And Jay-z'
https://www.nairaland.com/1206635/gej-spent-1million-aid-money
I'm not exactly a fan of GEJ but give this topic a rest. Its been overflogged.
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by seanet01: 9:59pm On Feb 24, 2013
berem: the day a bomb goes off in Lagos courtesy of bokoharam, that is gonna be the end of Hausa people in lagos. nice move by Fashola. Eko oni baje o!
Am beginning to suspect you, you are a Yoruba lady.
You always reason like us.
If any bomb blow for lagos and boko haram is responsible,
i promise you i will take the next available flight back to Nigeria and killed at least a million hausas.
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2013
seanet01: Am beginning to suspect you, you are a Yoruba lady.
i promise you i will take the next available flight back to Nigeria and killed at least a million hausas.
Am not Yoruba my dear,but Yoruba is my second love. born and bred in lagos. if no be one thing i for don marry Yoruba man. hehehehe grin
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by ba7man(m): 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2013
seanet01: Am beginning to suspect you, you are a Yoruba lady.
It my area, I know all the possible northern communities that can receive them. If you spot any funny movement of people that have newly moved into your neigbourhood, funny deliveries in d night,receiving weird visitors.....just keep an eye out.
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by Gbawe: 3:34pm On Feb 25, 2013
miiraaj: Brave and courageous attempt by the Lagos state government. I call on every Lagosian to support the state government in chasing this evil of Boko haram, eventhough the ultimate solution to this menace of boko haram is to chase PDP out of power in 2015.

Thank you. I can't understand why anyone would come here to say this is wrong. Are we to take our example from the hopeless and cowardly conduct of the FG? Should we all just agree to be prisoners in our communities, waiting to die, because of a compromised federal government too scared to ruffle any feathers? The antics of the GEJ-led federal government highlights what will always be seen when accidental leaders, promoted far above their station, commit themselves to remaining in an office they do not deserve in the first place rather than bravely doing what is best for the electorate. The FG says they know who sponsors of terror are yet we don't see them bringing anyone to book meaning they find it expedient to see Nigerians dying rather than do what is right.

Forgive Fashola for wanting to be a leader and rejecting the cowardly and impotent 'waiting-to-die' approach of the FG. Fashola is a leader of leaders and he knows that protecting Lagosians and assuring them they will not be sitting ducks is paramount to maintaining vigilance, unity and confidence while keeping despondency at bay.
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by Maxymilliano(m): 8:10pm On Feb 25, 2013
Gbawe:

Why is it that bias makes you guys so blind to what is obvious? How do leaders talk worldwide in the face of challenges? How many do you know ask a Nation to pray for terrorist to turn a new leaf? How many grovel every time when toughness is required? Instead, real leaders will say "We will not negotiate with terrorist". "Miscreants will be brought to book wherever they hide". "Terrorist will never win". "We will not be cowered by evil". "We will fight fire with fire" (Isreal) Etc, etc.

Is it because GEJ sets such appalling standards,as an unfit and undeserving leader, some of us now feel it is okay to talk as Jonathan's style is the norm and the stance of Lagos, which is the right one in my opinion, is now "baiting"? GEJ has made Nigerians cowards in thinking !!! I am glad I spend substantial time out of Nigeria to appreciate how leaders talk and act worldwide. Cameron, for example, directly told the yobs, after the UK riot, we are coming to get you and there is no rock to hide under not even the massively abused umbrella of human rights !!!!

No one should make any mistakes about it. While the talk of Lagos may sound pugnacious, it is directly designed to send the message to Boko Haram that "we are not all cowered into inaction like the Weak President" who prefers to see no evil and hear no evil when he is actually surrounded by it. "We will not let you come here and slaughter Lagosians as you have been doing elsewhere" is the Message ....... and rightly so !!!!

I don't know how we have gotten to the point where we are now so divided, some can have a problem with the Lagos government trying to inspire confidence in Lagosians when the FG prefers to act like an impotent victim held prisoner by the 'mighty' terrorists. If Lagos fails so be it but sounding scared and intimidated should not be an option for Nations/States with real leaders in charge. Just look around to see what obtains worldwide before you unambitiously 'institutionalise' and legitimise GEJ's weak style.

Next time, try to deconstruct people's critique without aligning it with their bias or what you assumed to be their bias, bringing the Presidency into your argument is unnecessary and diversionary from the main story ...

There was bomb explosion few weeks ago at Festac area which is still fresh in my mind and there was no report of any attempt at foiling the attack by security agencies or government officials before it was carried out despite the government being proactive (in terms of security) as some of you want me to believe. Yet, in reacting to a recent threat of a possible attack in Lagos by some deluded terrorist, a commissioner want me to believe that Lagos is ready for any form of insurgency and which is ok by me, after all, I wasn't expecting anything less but is it not the same level of scrutiny you and people like you subject the Presidency claims of being 'on top of the situation' after successive terror attacks that was made to bear in my post?

I guess in your wildest imagination, leading a team of workers and security personnel to comb under bridges and black spots in Surulere, sending transporters under the bridge in Ojuelegba packing and fortifying the security check at the state governor and his deputy’s entrance gates sounds proactive to you, Huh?

I'm partly a Lagosian bro and I have families scattered all over the State, terror attacks is not what I wished for my enemies but the proactive measures taken so far as contained in the original post is not worth taking to the bank, hence my skepticism.
Re: We Are Ready For Boko Haram —lagos State Government by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
Fashola! Oh shut it pls! if boko haram shud bomb lagos tonyt, u pipo will still blame GEJ!

(1) (Reply)

Bomb Hidden in a Quran / APC Governors Tell Amaechi To Go And Beg Jonathan / APC is Predictably Useless. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.