Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:49 PM

Covering Of Women's Heads: Still Relevant? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Covering Of Women's Heads: Still Relevant? (556 Views)

Is Going To Church Without Covering Your Hair A Sin? / Is Anointing Oil Still Relevant In The New Testament? / Covering Of Hair For Christain Women, Is It Compulsory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covering Of Women's Heads: Still Relevant? by OluEmmaAss: 10:26am On Feb 24, 2013
Some women cover their heads at all times and in all places. Others however cover their heads only in church while yet, there are the overwhelming majority who never cover their heads anywhere and anytime. Which group of people are right?
Re: Covering Of Women's Heads: Still Relevant? by Caracta(f): 11:23am On Feb 24, 2013
I don't know about the right or wrong part. I feel more comfortable having my hair/weave covered in church (only). Sometimes, i seem to be the only one. But then, who cares? So long as i feel comfortable and cool with it grin grin
Re: Covering Of Women's Heads: Still Relevant? by OluEmmaAss: 1:55pm On Feb 24, 2013
Caracta: I feel more comfortable having my hair/weave covered in church (only). Sometimes, i seem to be the only one. But then, who cares?
Which means we can do things we are comfortable with, and not necessarily what the bible says.
Re: Covering Of Women's Heads: Still Relevant? by Caracta(f): 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
Which means we can do things we are comfortable with, and not necessarily what the bible says.
As long as my heart does not condemn me. Just be led by the Spirit of God and understand that God's standards do not change. I don't like arguing about faith or what is right/wrong cheesy
Re: Covering Of Women's Heads: Still Relevant? by OluEmmaAss: 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2013
We aren't arguing, we are only seeking illumination on a topic.
Re: Covering Of Women's Heads: Still Relevant? by Caracta(f): 6:02pm On Feb 24, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
We aren't arguing, we are only seeking illumination on a topic.
Of course. More like a bible study or something. More answers from me might lead to someone else arguing it out. That was why i stated a 'general' rule.
Re: Covering Of Women's Heads: Still Relevant? by okeyxyz(m): 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2013
Covering of hair/head is simple a spiritual principle about leadership in relation to the masculine and feminine aspects of god/spirituality.

It's significance is that the female(whether a person or a principle) should not exercise leadership in spiritual matters\decision making. It/she must defer to the male. This practice was translated to covering of hair and growing of long hair(as covering) by the females, amongst the traditions of people of old.

So whether your church practices covering of head or no-covering of head, Ultimately, the real message is that women should not hold positions of spiritual leadership in church. But then, most of these churches are run according to man's\secular traditions, they don't understand what they are doing or what these principles are based on.
Re: Covering Of Women's Heads: Still Relevant? by OluEmmaAss: 12:58pm On Feb 25, 2013
okeyxyz:
It's significance is that the female(whether a person or a principle) should not exercise leadership in spiritual matters\decision making. It/she must defer to the male.
What of the women that were used by God in the bible?

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Church Hit By Another Scandal / The 8ps Of The Gospel Of Salvation - Romans 1:16-17 / A Very Very Very Strong Delieverance Church/Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.