Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,043 members, 7,953,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:26 AM

Practical Spirituality - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Practical Spirituality (4096 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? / The Rise Of Traditional Religion And Spirituality In Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Spirituality by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 13, 2013
Hallo Ben,

Nice piece you got up there...
Re: Practical Spirituality by benodic: 9:09pm On May 13, 2013
@ striktlymi

Hallo Ben,

Nice piece you got up there...

thanks for the compliment.
Re: Practical Spirituality by PastorAIO: 9:48pm On May 13, 2013
Deep Sight:
Okay, that's interesting to know. Can you please comment on this. Is the physical image of man not a mirror of his spiritual image. If that holds true, what is this about the spirit having one eye only in the centre of the head. Sorry to sound childish, but it sounds spooky and kinda somehow.

How Bodi, Deep Sight, It might be helpful for you to study a bit into the chakras. I believe the 3rd eye he is referring to is often also called the Ajna chakra, at least is related to it.

http://www.tantra-kundalini.com/ajna.htm

abeg, I just googled ajna chakra and posted the above link, I can't vouch for it fully but it seem to give an overview of what you're looking for.

@ Benodic, I am enjoying your write ups. Image 123 asked certain questions. Could you please address them, I'm thinking especially about his inquiry as to how to 'live above sin, love God and fellow man'?

There are many methods touted all over the world that claim to help people live above sin, especially in Nigeria. However as we can see from the state of our beloved country these methods are abject failures.

You've said the following:

Let this healing Light of God come in and work on the area you feel needs help. Or just let It flow into the Spiritual Eye. As It washes and cleanses the impurities, It will start to uplift you from the materialism and karma that you have created for yourself through ignorance of God's laws.

Does that relate in any way to cleansing of sins and thus answer Image's question?
Re: Practical Spirituality by benodic: 12:12pm On May 14, 2013
@ Pastor AIO

Deep Sight:
Okay, that's interesting to know. Can you please comment on this. Is the physical image of man not a mirror of his spiritual image. If that holds true, what is this about the spirit having one eye only in the centre of the head. Sorry to sound childish, but it sounds spooky and kinda somehow.

How Bodi, Deep Sight, It might be helpful for you to study a bit into the chakras. I believe the 3rd eye he is referring to is often also called the Ajna chakra, at least is related to it.

http://www.tantra-kundalini.com/ajna.htm

abeg, I just googled ajna chakra and posted the above link, I can't vouch for it fully but it seem to give an overview of what you're looking for.

i also read the link. that is the Hindu perspective. it is quite limited. the spiritual eye which they called ajna chackra is of course located between the 2 eyebrows but from their point of view they use it to explore only the psychic planes which belong to the lower worlds of duality. using the word they gave there which is the Aum, will only take you to the mental plane which is the third heaven that Paul reported in the Bible.

through the opening of the Spiritual eye soul can also move into the soul plane and above which are the heavens of heavens where soul exist as pure soul and there is no duality there, no man or woman. that was the heaven Jesus was referring to when he said that there is no marriage there.

the main thing about this thread is that these heavens can be experienced here and now and not when you die and the opportunity is there for those who are bold and courageous enough to do the spiritual exercises. of course the meek who are not bold and courageous will inherit the earth and remain earth bound.

@ Benodic, I am enjoying your write ups.

thanks a lot.

Image 123 asked certain questions. Could you please address them, I'm thinking especially about his inquiry as to how to 'live above sin, love God and fellow man'?

the answers to image 123 is actually in the write-up but due to the fact he was looking for argument and not answers i didn't bother explaining further and of course his mind was already made up on what the answer should be and he was not ready to entertain any other answer.

There are many methods touted all over the world that claim to help people live above sin, especially in Nigeria. However as we can see from the state of our beloved country these methods are abject failures.

You've said the following:

Let this healing Light of God come in and work on the area you feel needs help. Or just let It flow into the Spiritual Eye. As It washes and cleanses the impurities, It will start to uplift you from the materialism and karma that you have created for yourself through ignorance of God's laws.

Does that relate in any way to cleansing of sins and thus answer Image's question?

you are really very insightful. that clearly answers the questions. the purpose of this thread as i made clearly to image 123 was to provide various practical ways that soul can use to get that inflow of the Holy Spirit. once the Holy spirit starts flowing into the person, that person automatically becomes a changed person. all those negative traits which are not compatible with the Holy Spirit will start to drop away gradually until the soul becomes completely purified and becomes a pure channel for the Holy Spirit.

this process is beyond any religion and is not the sole property of any religion and every master that comes on Earth emphasizes this process.

unfortunately the Ego of Man takes over and turns the masters into Mini Gods and claims their way is the only way, creating dichotomies and unnecessary bickering and quarrels. and in the process losing site of what spirituality is all about.

the starting point still remains singing of the Holy Names of God while putting your attention on the spiritual eye. then you will start seeing the light and hearing the sound of the Holy Spirit which gradually turns you into a lover of life.
those who have tried out these spiritual exercises have their experiences which becomes their authority.

1 Like

Re: Practical Spirituality by chieveboy(m): 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
hey benodic! thanks for opening this thread. Well about practical spirituality, l thought of this gist on human capabilities and all. It came up after reading some stuff on this page www.2045.com. my question is that since some parts of the human brain and the body corresponds to some location in the spritual planes, is for instance a soul-realised person's brain more active than the others? That is will the active portion of the persons brain be active than average? you know they the average man uses just 2% of the brain.
Re: Practical Spirituality by benodic: 12:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
@ chieveboy

hey benodic! thanks for opening this thread. Well about practical spirituality, l thought of this gist on human capabilities and all. It came up after reading some stuff on this page www.2045.com. my question is that since some parts of the human brain and the body corresponds to some location in the spritual planes, is for instance a soul-realised person's brain more active than the others? That is will the active portion of the persons brain be active than average? you know they the average man uses just 2% of the brain.

the answer is yes. as a soul grows spiritually, the vibrations of all the bodies it wears increases and this of course impacts on the physical body which resonates in kind. all the faculties of an awakened soul comes alive and this includes the faculties in the lower bodies including the physical body of course.
Re: Practical Spirituality by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
Did u stop the thread
Re: Practical Spirituality by benodic: 9:47pm On Oct 23, 2015
the thread stopped itself
Re: Practical Spirituality by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 26, 2015
Why did u start it? Did u reach your objectives?
Re: Practical Spirituality by benodic: 10:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
@ LoJ

Why did u start it?

i started it at a time when there was a virtual war in the religion section of nairaland with the proponents of the different religions represented here busy throwing invectives at each other with abuses and hatred thrown in for good measure.

i felt that the purpose of having a religion section was totally defeated. this section should actually be where people should come in to learn something that will make their life better and also a forum that will foster religious harmony and not religious divide due to the opportunity of learning about another religion without any coercion at all.

so i put all the practical things i have learnt in the different religions together in this thread hoping that some others will see through the socio-cultural trappings surrounding most religions and go straight to the spiritual meat embedded in them.

Did u reach your objectives?

i surely did. that why i have not been very active again in the religion section. there is more harmony here than it used to be and the abuses and hatred that used to be freely thrown around has dractically reduced.
Re: Practical Spirituality by manikal: 11:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
benodic:

@ Pastor AIO

i also read the link. that is the Hindu perspective. it is quite limited. the spiritual eye which they called ajna chackra is of course located between the 2 eyebrows but from their point of view they use it to explore only the psychic planes which belong to the lower worlds of duality. using the word they gave there which is the Aum, will only take you to the mental plane which is the third heaven that Paul reported in the Bible.

through the opening of the Spiritual eye soul can also move into the soul plane and above which are the heavens of heavens where soul exist as pure soul and there is no duality there, no man or woman. that was the heaven Jesus was referring to when he said that there is no marriage there.

the main thing about this thread is that these heavens can be experienced here and now and not when you die and the opportunity is there for those who are bold and courageous enough to do the spiritual exercises. of course the meek who are not bold and courageous will inherit the earth and remain earth bound.

thanks a lot.

the answers to image 123 is actually in the write-up but due to the fact he was looking for argument and not answers i didn't bother explaining further and of course his mind was already made up on what the answer should be and he was not ready to entertain any other answer.

you are really very insightful. that clearly answers the questions. the purpose of this thread as i made clearly to image 123 was to provide various practical ways that soul can use to get that inflow of the Holy Spirit. once the Holy spirit starts flowing into the person, that person automatically becomes a changed person. all those negative traits which are not compatible with the Holy Spirit will start to drop away gradually until the soul becomes completely purified and becomes a pure channel for the Holy Spirit.

this process is beyond any religion and is not the sole property of any religion and every master that comes on Earth emphasizes this process.

unfortunately the Ego of Man takes over and turns the masters into Mini Gods and claims their way is the only way, creating dichotomies and unnecessary bickering and quarrels. and in the process losing site of what spirituality is all about.

the starting point still remains singing of the Holy Names of God while putting your attention on the spiritual eye. then you will start seeing the light and hearing the sound of the Holy Spirit which gradually turns you into a lover of life.
those who have tried out these spiritual exercises have their experiences which becomes their authority.

my thoughts exactly
Re: Practical Spirituality by lookyzy: 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
@benodic sir,what is the secret to a miracle? is there any spiritual exercise for it? thanks.
Re: Practical Spirituality by benodic: 9:50am On Jun 17, 2018
@ lookyzy

@benodic sir,what is the secret to a miracle? is there any spiritual exercise for it? thanks

The secret to a Miracle is a change in consciousness. The healing of affliction or disappearance of a persistent problem are only secondary effects. If someone's state of consciousness does not change even if a Spiritual Master takes his problem away, that problem will still resurface in another guise.
That was why Jesus Christ told those that he healed to go and sin no more, because he knew that if they continue living in a state of consciousness filled with sin, the illness he took away will return.

To change your consciousness and bring miracles into your life, you can start with the Spiritual Exercises of ECK. The most basic being the Singing of the HU, The Holy name of God as a love song for 20 minutes morning and night before sleeping and after waking up.
Do it diligently and watch yourself become a living and walking miracle of life.

1 Like

Re: Practical Spirituality by lookyzy: 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2018
benodic:
@ lookyzy

The secret to a Miracle is a change in consciousness. The healing of affliction or disappearance of a persistent problem are only secondary effects. If someone's state of consciousness does not change even if a Spiritual Master takes his problem away, that problem will still resurface in another guise.
That was why Jesus Christ told those that he healed to go and sin no more, because he knew that if they continue living in a state of consciousness filled with sin, the illness he took away will return.

To change your consciousness and bring miracles into your life, you can start with the Spiritual Exercises of ECK. The most basic being the Singing of the HU, The Holy name of God as a love song for 20 minutes morning and night before sleeping and after waking up.
Do it diligently and watch yourself become a living and walking miracle of life.
thank u sir for d response.
Re: Practical Spirituality by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
benodic:

Watching Yourself Fall Asleep

Every night before retiring, relax on the bed. Watch the process of going to sleep. Keep your attention on the point between the eyebrows, the Spiritual Eye.

As your body relaxes and your mind settles down, that change in viewpoint takes place which we call sleep. Maintain the attitude of awareness. You will note your body getting quiet and your thoughts settling down. Hearing is often the last to leave the human consciousness. You will be detached on the borderline state, as though in a dream.

Then you will come into another state of beingness. This is characterized by a clarity of mental vision. It is not an unconscious state like a mental fog, but a level of awareness beyond the limits of normal human expression.

This viewpoint may last a moment or for several hours. With practice it may last through the whole night.

To hold on to this lucidity, you need to maintain a delicate balance between not becoming too emotional and not forgetting that you are dreaming.

What has happened? As the body rests, you awaken in the Atma Sarup, the Soul body. You find yourself in eternity, overcoming death. This is the freedom which is spoken about so often in Eckankar.

—Sri Harold Klemp
The Spiritual Exercises of ECK
benodic please I have begun searching for what & who I am.... I have no mentor, please help me....... Please show me the path
Re: Practical Spirituality by benodic: 8:40am On Jan 31, 2019
@ futurist369

benodic please I have begun searching for what & who I am.... I have no mentor, please help me....... Please show me the path

Welcome my brother. You are now the seeker. There are countless others like you searching for the truth. Just bear in mind that all the help you need is at your beck and call. All you need to do is to ask.
Remain blessed
Re: Practical Spirituality by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 31, 2019
benodic:
@ futurist369

Welcome my brother. You are now the seeker. There are countless others like you searching for the truth. Just bear in mind that all the help you need is at your beck and call. All you need to do is to ask.
Remain blessed
thank you bro.....it unwise if me to continue living without knowing what I am
Re: Practical Spirituality by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 31, 2019
Now benodic,who am I?
Re: Practical Spirituality by benodic: 12:28pm On Jan 31, 2019
@ futurist369

Now benodic,who am I?

You are Soul. A Divine spark of God created in the image and likeness of God and sent down to the lower worlds to learn the lessons of life, reach spiritual maturity and go back home to become a co-worker with God.
You need to first of all realize yourself as soul (Self-Realization) and realize your relationship with God (God-Realization).
The Holy Spirit will guide you step by step as you make your way back home to God.
Re: Practical Spirituality by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 31, 2019
benodic:
@ futurist369

You are Soul. A Divine spark of God created in the image and likeness of God and sent down to the lower worlds to learn the lessons of life, reach spiritual maturity and go back home to become a co-worker with God.
You need to first of all realize yourself as soul (Self-Realization) and realize your relationship with God (God-Realization).
The Holy Spirit will guide you step by step as you make your way back home to God.
but why don't I remember anything about who I really am, now am living with an illusory identity... is forgetting what I am part of the journey?ive been living a fake life
Re: Practical Spirituality by benodic: 1:24pm On Jan 31, 2019
@ futurist369

but why don't I remember anything about who I really am, now am living with an illusory identity... is forgetting what I am part of the journey?ive been living a fake life

Forgetting is part of the journey. As soul becomes fixated on materialistic existence over eons of time, it forgets who and what It Is.
The process of reawakening comes with maturation of soul. An immature soul will not be able to handle the sublime truth surrounding Its origin and destiny. Once you restart your inner journey, the memories will come flooding back at a rate and pace you can handle. One step at a time.
Re: Practical Spirituality by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2019
benodic:
@ futurist369

Forgetting is part of the journey. As soul becomes fixated on materialistic existence over eons of time, it forgets who and what It Is.
The process of reawakening comes with maturation of soul. An immature soul will not be able to handle the sublime truth surrounding Its origin and destiny. Once you restart your inner journey, the memories will come flooding back at a rate and pace you can handle. One step at a time.
so everything I need to know exist inside of me?all I have to do is look inside?
Re: Practical Spirituality by benodic: 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2019
@ futurist369

so everything I need to know exist inside of me?all I have to do is look inside?

Exactly.
All the holy books are simply guides to the inner temple within you. Where all the truth you need to know resides.
Re: Practical Spirituality by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2019
benodic:
@ futurist369

Exactly.
All the holy books are simply guides to the inner temple within you. Where all the truth you need to know resides.
thank you Sir.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / Anambra Pastor Who Survived 35 Bullets Seen Romancing Lady In His House / Dead For 23hours, Taken To Heaven & Hell, Sent Back With A Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.