Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe (9968 Views)

Picture Of Bisi Ibidapo-Obe & Her Baby / Men Who Have Been Romantically Involved With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe / Dino Melaye's Wife Responds To Bisi Ibidapo Obe Pregnancy Tales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by horlatunde(m): 4:43pm On Feb 24, 2013

Background

I’m Bisi Ibidapo-Obe, a Nollywood actress.

Acting is a passion
I have always been passionate about acting. When I was in the secondary school, I loved entertainment. So, imagine how I felt when my father insisted that I read law. I do not blame him because a large percentage of my family members are lawyers. I rejected my father’s advice and went to Ebute-Meta, Lagos, where I met a popular actor, who introduced me to acting. The first film I featured in was Edunjobi. Then, I was not after money. I just wanted to be famous. I wanted to be like my bosses-Yinka Quadri and Taiwo Hassan. It was not easy climbing the ladder of success but I thank God for what I have become today.

Life as an actress
Acting is profitable and it has opened a lot of doors. I can proudly say that I am a successful actress. Featuring in many films? I did at a time but I withdrew when I was pregnant. I also don’t fancy featuring in just any film. I have produced a few movies. Producing a good movie is capital intensive and I spend over N15m on any film I produce. I go for big projects. That’s why it takes like three years for me to produce another one. I will produce, then make sure that I premiere within and outside Nigeria in order to recoup whatever I have spent.

Stereotypes
I don’t believe actresses are the pictures some people paint. Actresses are not loose. They are not promiscuous and we get married and live normal lifestyles like other women. Acting is just a career. That I interpreted the role of a loose girl in any movie should not make anyone think I am loose! I am first Bisi Ibidapo-Obe, before any character in any film.

Motherhood
It is exciting! It is an experience I pray every woman goes through. Luckily for me, I had my parents and family members who stood by me when I was pregnant. Also, I had my friends who supported me despite what went around in the media about who impregnated me. God was with me. In fact, I had a wonderful time and never suffered any illness. I was strong and still going about my other businesses. Everyone stood by me and there was no time to go into depression. Contrary to rumours, I was in my home and I was never evicted. I am as comfortable as ever. When the baby came last year, it was a hitch-free delivery. It was a girl and we christened her Destiny Oluwajomiloju Dino-Melaye. I am savouring all that motherhood has brought my way.

I have a fiancé
I must confess that I never knew my love affair with the father of my baby would turn awry but it did. Fortunately for me, the guy I was dating before stood by me when my daughter’s father rejected me. He saw all that happened as a script written by God, which had to play out. He stood by me throughout the pregnancy and he is still there for me. I am not bothered about any issue now. I just pray that the joy God has given me will live forever! Indeed, I am fulfilled as a woman.

Fashion
It is a passion I live daily. I love looking good! Anytime I travel abroad, I buy dresses. I love dresses. I love good make-up too. I can spend any amount on a nice dress, pairs of shoes and a beautiful bag. Jewellery? I am not a freak for gold. I am more comfortable with costume jewellery.

Advice to other actors

Be yourself and don’t strive to be like someone else. Pray and the sky would not be your limit.

http://www.punchng.com/spice/personalities/i-have-a-fiance-now-bisi-ibidapo-obe/
abusidiqu.com/?p=9619&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=im-no-longer-bothered-about-dino-melaye-i-have-a-new-lover-bisi-ibidapo-obe
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by Osama10(m): 4:53pm On Feb 24, 2013
Hmmmn.
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by babysnogls: 4:57pm On Feb 24, 2013
Yeah.. Whose husband again?
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by fairygeh(f): 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2013
This lady and the countless men in her life.God will help you.
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by Olorimoney(m): 5:38pm On Feb 24, 2013
Am just ashamed of these yoruba actress and their silly acts,imagine her saying all sort of shit,na wa ooooo

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by likitaboka(f): 6:43pm On Feb 24, 2013
What a mess
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by abifoluwa: 6:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
no offeinse, but is that the work of bleaching or her natural skin?
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by aieromon(m): 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2013
I have a fiancé
I must confess that I never knew my love affair with the father of my baby would turn awry but it did. Fortunately for me, the guy I was dating before stood by me when my daughter’s father rejected me. He saw all that happened as a script written by God, which had to play out. He stood by me throughout the pregnancy and he is still there for me. I am not bothered about any issue now. I just pray that the joy God has given me will live forever! Indeed, I am fulfilled as a woman.

I hear you undecided

2 Likes

Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by Lilnikee(m): 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2013
Nawa o
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2013
We don hear...attention seeker

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by Akshow: 7:10pm On Feb 24, 2013
Olorimoney: Am just ashamed of these yoruba actress and their silly acts,imagine her saying all sort of shit,na wa ooooo
What is the Poo she said? Shey you know say man must climb woman for her to become pregnant. I'm not makin excuse for her stupidity but the married man in question is culpable of blame.
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by almajiri101: 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
This b1tch is nothing but a disgrace to womanhood.
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
Another air head.
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by fuckluv(f): 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2013
Ibidapo is back in the news again. I hope this new fiance is not someone's husband sha angry
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by Bluediamond1(f): 7:31pm On Feb 24, 2013
Abeg,u ppl shld free her abeg.all dis holier dan thou attitude when r we goin 2 stop it?the reason we can all come here n say shit is coz she is an actress.(once u r in d public eye,ur personal life b'coms public).
As much as i do not like her bt let him who is without sin b d first 2 cast a stone.
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by free2ryhme: 7:54pm On Feb 24, 2013
Haha i bet any sensible man will never choose u as a wife.. i know u wella in fact u are too useless
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by fkaz(m): 8:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
Is this woman related to seun osewa in anyway?
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by dbride: 8:52pm On Feb 24, 2013
Blue diamond: Abeg,u ppl shld free her abeg.all dis holier dan thou attitude when r we goin 2 stop it?the reason we can all come here n say shit is coz she is an actress.(once u r in d public eye,ur personal life b'coms public).
As much as i do not like her bt let him who is without sin b d first 2 cast a stone.

Then pls advise her to hold back some info abt her personal life, what happened to "no comment". She must be proud of her personal life hence the noise..... you ask me, blame nobody but low self esteem. Confidence makes you talk less. Bisi Ibidapo Obey, talk less, do your thing, dont add dont remove, dont explain dont defend. Keep your mouth shut period. These are the traits of a confident woman!
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by Abbey4life: 8:58pm On Feb 24, 2013
Good for u girl.
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by expertman(m): 9:19pm On Feb 24, 2013
fkaz: Is this woman related to seun osewa in anyway?
na waoh must everything be related to seun no be only seun Osewa Na Seun Malaye
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by chymystique(f): 9:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
Jst Passing by undecided
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by touchmeder: 9:54pm On Feb 24, 2013
I have a fiancé
I must confess that[b] I never knew my love affair with the father of my baby would turn awry but it did[/b]. Fortunately for me, the guy I was dating before stood by me when my daughter’s father rejected me. He saw all that happened as a script written by God, which had to play out. He stood by me throughout the pregnancy and he is still there for me. I am not bothered about any issue now. I just pray that the joy God has given me will live forever! Indeed, I am fulfilled as a woman.

Please remind me again was he not a married man? Shebi you get fiance now and you wan marry? Wait until another girl says that about him. Yeye...
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by tunapawizzy: 10:04pm On Feb 24, 2013
[size=16pt]Aunty Bisi e sha ma do gbogbo won lo.....dido lobo ...obo o ni meter[/size]

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by YorubaOmoge: 11:01pm On Feb 24, 2013
Very pretty woman. Sugbon photoshop die.

So na who go read the whole article?
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by ochukoccna: 11:09pm On Feb 24, 2013
tunapawizzy: [size=16pt]Aunty Bisi e sha ma do gbogbo won lo.....dido lobo ...obo o ni meter[/size]
Chei!
See as you finish Bisi
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by BabaEleko(m): 4:02am On Feb 25, 2013
Gawd! I'm soo sad. See "hate thread" (Hatred). See humans tearing fellow human being apart. Is anyone of ya'll a saint here? Some of ya'll life is more miserable than the life of an "aboki shoemaker slippers". Keep hating while your own life fading.
Smh! Smh! Smh!

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by Nobody: 6:38am On Feb 25, 2013
Why she no mention say she be hairdresser, abi shame ∂E̶̲̥̅̊Y̶̲̥̅̊ catch her. Am sure this interview was done in yoruba and later translated to English becos the chic too ∂E̶̲̥̅̊Y̶̲̥̅̊ gbagaun!Husband Snatcher.
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by Jesuspikin87(m): 8:58am On Feb 25, 2013
Ur complexion is brighter than your career sha!
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by olutai: 3:55pm On Feb 25, 2013
It is exciting! It is an experience I pray every woman goes through. Luckily for me, I had my parents and family members who stood by me when I was pregnant. Also, I had my friends who supported me despite what went around in the media about who impregnated me. God was with me. In fact, I had a wonderful time and never suffered any illness. I was strong and still going about my other businesses. Everyone stood by me and there was no time to go into depression. Contrary to rumours, I was in my home and I was never evicted. I am as comfortable as ever. When the baby came last year, it was a hitch-free delivery. It was a girl and we christened her Destiny Oluwajomiloju Dino-Melaye. I am savouring all that motherhood has brought my way.

SHAMELESS
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by tpia5: 4:45pm On Feb 25, 2013
Re: An Interview With Bisi Ibidapo-Obe by damigreat(m): 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2013
Obviously, this lady is strong. I wish u d best.

(1) (Reply)

Peruzzi Biography - Net-worth, Age, Education, Music & Awards / Hustle O! See Rare Throwback Photo Of Anthony Joshua / Update: Rihanna Bloodied, Beaten, Bitten By Chris Brown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.