Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI (18410 Views)

Lagos Prophet Sets Member On Fire Because God Asked Him To / Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer / Pope Benedict To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Pergrace: 5:23pm On Feb 24, 2013
Pope Benedict XVI, delivering his last Sunday blessing from his window at the Vatican, said yesterday that God had asked him to retire.

The 85-year-old pontiff, speaking in a strong voice, explained his controversial decision to abdicate to a crowd of an estimated 100,000 faithful in Rome, who chanted “Long Live the Pope!”

“The Lord is calling me to climb onto the mountain, to dedicate myself even more to prayer and meditation. But this does not mean abandoning the church, Benedict said.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/faith/article3697781.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2013_02_24

4 Likes

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by sheedy407(m): 5:27pm On Feb 24, 2013
More tins are still hidden on y he want to back off from POPE position.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Lilnikee(m): 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2013
Ok
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by MrAbuja: 6:57pm On Feb 24, 2013
For the Pope to say we are all sinners including him n Now he is about to Retire. Only God n him alone will George Us from our Sinners.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by senatorfrancis(m): 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2013
[quote author=sheedy407]More tins are still hidden on y he want to back off from POPE position.[/quote

I doubt if u kw wat is d direction of d holy spirit

2 Likes

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by abifoluwa: 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2013
sheedy407: More tins are still hidden on y he want to back off from POPE position.
he isnt power drunk, health first. i dont know why people think you can retire from being a pope. does something has to ve hidden? not everyone is power drunk
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by sharpshap(m): 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2013
There is more to this story. Then why did God choose you initially?

2 Likes

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Amazondepth(m): 6:59pm On Feb 24, 2013
@OP,So whr in d message did God ask him to retire?
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by abifoluwa: 6:59pm On Feb 24, 2013
Mr. Abuja:
For the Pope to say we are all sinners including him n Now he is about to Retire. Only God n him alone will George Us from our Sinners.
yeah, george of the jungle, are you related to george of the jungle? grin

7 Likes

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Lilnikee(m): 6:59pm On Feb 24, 2013
Mr. Abuja:
no be only GEORGE na BUSH!

7 Likes

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by senatorfrancis(m): 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2013
I blv its d direction of d holy spirit
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by drnoel: 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2013
sheedy407: More tins are still hidden on y he want to back off from POPE position.
one reason is cos of all those political cardinals and bishops like Okojie
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 24, 2013
Whatever...we don't need you to make heaven.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Pergrace: 7:01pm On Feb 24, 2013
Mr. Abuja:

Bros,I hope you meant ''Judge'' and not ''George''.. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2013
What is wrong with this man?? I tot he first said it was due to his old age which has made performing his duty difficult, dats why he wanted to retire, now he's saying its the Lord dat said he should retire?? Which one na??
If God didn't tell u anything, don't say.

1 Like

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by AroOkigbo(m): 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2013
"tins" like what?
Last time I checked there is no law that forbids a pope from resigning...and he isn't the first pope to do so!

2 Likes

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by purplekayc(m): 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2013
am seeing a sort of conspiracy here
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Archmed(m): 7:05pm On Feb 24, 2013
Singing Fela's.."Archbishop dey for London..param.,Pope dey for Rome..param..Imam dey for Mecca..param..My ppl dem go dey follow bishop..amen..follow Popu amen...Follow Imam,,,amen*
*Now spicing it up wit Etighi*
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by cold(m): 7:05pm On Feb 24, 2013
Yeah,yeah.I bet he handed his resignation letter to God himself..

8 Likes

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 24, 2013
Well, his God also needed a day off to rest from work. I get his drift...

1 Like

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by apoti(m): 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2013
Mr. Abuja:

Bros take am easy o grin grin
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2013
for that man to resign from such a dignified position whateva be d reason, he is indeed a great man after God's own heart....none of u, includin d pastor of ur mushroom churches can have the guts to relinquish such power...i have neva respected him lyk i do now...he has done what no Nigerian can ever do

23 Likes

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Daminitehood: 7:09pm On Feb 24, 2013
Many are called but a very few are chosen

1 Like

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
Hmmm the pack of cards are falling....there so many issues here that we dont know and will never know...Roman Catholics and their beliefs still makes me wonder....anyway happy retirement....
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Daminitehood: 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
Utunu

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by festusfeezy(m): 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2013
booqee: What is wrong with this man?? I tot he first said it was due to his old age which has made performing his duty difficult, dats why he wanted to retire, now he's saying its the Lord dat said he should retire?? Which one na??
If God didn't tell u anything, don't say.
yes is possible, God can ask him 2 retire due 2 his old age or health condtn. So no nonsence talk

5 Likes

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by mosquitoNet(m): 7:15pm On Feb 24, 2013
Lmf*ckingassout!
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by nwawuweneonye: 7:15pm On Feb 24, 2013
I thought he said earlier on that his strenght could no longer carry him
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by moneyhungry(m): 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2013
nairaland... you can't beat the funnyNESS...
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by mosquitoNet(m): 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2013
festusfeezy:
yes is possible, God can ask him 2 retire due 2 his old age or health condtn. So no nonsence talk
liars, liars, pants on fire!
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by TableLeg(m): 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2013
Na lie Pope .... Fowl yansh wan open ... Dat na why! undecided
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by dady12: 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2013
the reason why he resign is best know to him and God,infact,do you guys think tht pop is like your nigeria foollish power drunk leaders? This man should be commended for what he did,he is aged,do you want him dead on the throne?let us reason with our brain and stop asking foolish questions because there is no foolish man here tht will give u foolish answer

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Onitsha Catholic Diocese Sanctions Two Priests For Disobedience / Samuel Uche Accuses Buhari Of Plans To Islamise Nigeria / What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.