Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? (18208 Views)

Interesting Message Or Heresy: Pst Chris Says Jesus Is No Longer The Way / Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? / Anointing: Why Do Pastors Blow Into Microphones? Why Must People Fall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 22, 2010
Was watching some program,  where Pastor Chris walks towards a set of people and says take it and they all fall to the ground. It sounds real funny to me though but its that a good way to show God's power?. Does the Holy Spirit display power like P.Chris does it? Pls explain to me.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Chiddysville(m): 8:06pm On Jun 22, 2010
@POSTER,

If Mr Chris is doing 'take it and fall', why can't you go and do your own 'catch it and stand'. Abeg let the man be
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Acidosis(m): 8:09pm On Jun 22, 2010
Chiddysville:

@POSTER,

If Mr Chris is doing 'take it and fall', why can't you go and do your own 'catch it and stand'.
Exactly!
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 22, 2010
Chiddysville:

@POSTER,

If Mr Chris is doing 'take it and fall', why can't you go and do your own 'catch it and stand'. Abeg let the man be

I dont get you.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Ganjaseed: 11:47am On Jun 23, 2010
This guy needs explanation about " take it and they will fall down" well, what are they actually taking from P Chris? We know how to get filled with the Holly spirit, the procedure is standard ( Repentance and accepting Jesus as Lord and saviour then one is save, any saved person has the Holly spirit) one cant be saved and still don't have the spirit of God. I have heard some pastors using that word, I will wonder what they are giving that one should take or must take. Remember YOU CAN NOT GIVE WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE !!!!!!!! Depend on what they are giving out. So those takers be carefull what you take from preachers as many are fake.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by NOWORRIES: 11:52am On Jun 23, 2010
leave pastor chris alone
he is a man of God
if you dont like it don't watch his program

Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2010
I wonder why you even waste your braincells listening to False Preachers of teh endtimes, Jesus died so you could access heaven and God Directly and by reading the Bible not taking psychic cosmic blasts from the fingertips of some Juju-fied pastor
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by prety007(f): 2:50pm On Jun 23, 2010
take it: could be anything you desire,if you believe, you could have it and fall or still have and stand,depends!

yes i believe it.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by petres007(m): 5:03pm On Jun 23, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

I wonder why you even waste your braincells listening to False Preachers of teh endtimes, Jesus died so you could access heaven and God Directly and by reading the Bible not taking psychic cosmic blasts from the fingertips of some Juju-fied pastor

cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by osifred(m): 5:27pm On Jun 23, 2010
NOWORRIES:

leave pastor chris alone
he is a man of God
if you dont like it don't watch his program

as simple as dat

please pple shld nt start a religious war concernig this thread and MR POSTER what is the motive of this thread, why pick on pastor chris
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 23, 2010
that's the rhythm of the Holy Ghost - grin
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by kaz4sure: 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2010
maybe the pple don go take wetin big pass them them dats is why den dy fall, well most of these miracles are not real to me
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Wislet(f): 5:33pm On Jun 23, 2010
I too wonder about the motive of this thread.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 5:44pm On Jun 23, 2010
When will people open their eyes to realize that everything about religion is a SCAM! ! !

Just look at some of the comments on here and you'll realize that it's the pastors people worship and not some "god". A typical Christ Embassy worshiper calls the name of Pastor Chris 10 times more than their "god". The way some people carry Christianity on their heads, you would think they have been around since the time of Jesus. They say if you aren't Christian, you'll go to hell. . .what happens to your forefathers who died before the white slave traders came? Will all of them go to hell because of their ignorance? Nobody till date has been able to answer questions like these because they are all blinded by their GREED for blessings and FEAR of the unknown and they would rather believe in something that has a lot of inconsistencies than not believe in anything at all. Greed and Fear are the two greatest weaknesses of mankind and if you can overcome those two, you can overcome anything!

End of!
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by yemmight(m): 5:56pm On Jun 23, 2010
harakiri:

When will people open their eyes to realize that everything about religion is a SCAM! ! !

Just look at some of the comments on here and you'll realize that it's the pastors people worship and not some "god". A typical Christ Embassy worshiper calls the name of Pastor Chris 10 times more than their "god". The way some people carry Christianity on their heads, you would think they have been around since the time of Jesus. They say if you aren't Christian, you'll go to hell. . .what happens to your forefathers who died before the white slave traders came? Will all of them go to hell because of their ignorance? Nobody till date has been able to answer questions like these because they are all blinded by their GREED for blessings and FEAR of the unknown and they would rather believe in something that has a lot of inconsistencies than not believe in anything at all. Greed and Fear are the two greatest weaknesses of mankind and if you can overcome those two, you can overcome anything!

End of!

Ignorant.  Oloun maje kope ko to ye o (God will not let it be too late before you realise)
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by 12large: 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2010
wow my mother and pastor chris actually went to the same college in benin nigeria, she told me that they were really poor when they were at epoma
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by donfade: 6:03pm On Jun 23, 2010
Am really baffled the way you guys shout on things that are not necessary, what makes the difference between a liar and a thief or a murderer and rapist all are sinners, what accord does light have with darkness don`t heap curse on your head with your silly blasphemy that alone is sin touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm that is what the holy scripture says never raise a topic on religious ethic to criticize again because the end of a thing is better than the beginning.May God be with us all.

Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2010
yemmight:

Ignorant.  Oloun maje kope ko to ye o (God will it be too late before you realise)

Which god? Do you know anything about what you are worshiping? If not for promises of miracles,blessings and divine intervention. . .would you be going to church? Is it not because of your personal up-liftment you go to church? When i was still a naive "Christian", i read a lot about the torture the apostles went through for the sake of the gospel.How many of you so called "Christians" can face giving up your life for Christianity? How many of you will chose Christianity if given the option of denouncing Christ or die an agonizing death of being fried alive in a gigantic pot of hot oil! How many of you can physically carry a heavy cross to be crucified for your faith? How many of you have the guts to face death bravely like Stephen? How many of you can withstand the trials and tribulations of Paul and Silas (imprisoned for the rest of your natural life for your faith).The answer is NIL!

In churches today (especially the pentecostal ministries), if you're going through trials, they either tell you it's because you don't have faith or you aren't giving enough to the lord or in most cases, the worshipers defect to another church where the "spirit of god" really is!

lol. . .i laugh in Osewanese
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Jephyard(m): 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2010
Christianity is not a SCAM is just the people that practice it that make it so and the blind followers. As for what the nposter said take n they fall it kinda emotional think for those crowd out there expecting so much and would fall for any action spoken to.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by krazynaija(m): 6:11pm On Jun 23, 2010
This post is just dumb lol MUMU grin
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2010
krazynaija:

This post is just dumb lol MUMU grin

Gbam
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bros1234(m): 6:27pm On Jun 23, 2010
harakiri:

Which god? Do you know anything about what you are worshiping? If not for promises of miracles,blessings and divine intervention. . .would you be going to church? Is it not because of your personal up-liftment you go to church? When i was still a naive "Christian", i read a lot about the torture the apostles went through for the sake of the gospel.How many of you so called "Christians" can face giving up your life for Christianity? How many of you will chose Christianity if given the option of denouncing Christ or die an agonizing death of being fried alive in a gigantic pot of hot oil! How many of you can physically carry a heavy cross to be crucified for your faith? How many of you have the guts to face death bravely like Stephen? How many of you can withstand the trials and tribulations of Paul and Silas (imprisoned for the rest of your natural life for your faith).The answer is NIL!

In churches today (especially the pentecostal ministries), if you're going through trials, they either tell you it's because you don't have faith or you aren't giving enough to the lord or in most cases, the worshipers defect to another church where the "spirit of god" really is!

lol. . .i laugh in Osewanese

Let me start this way. I go to Church because I need intervention and help in my life. Is that okay now?

Next - many of us are still prepared to die if the opportunity presents itself. The apostles did not go about looking for who will kill them. The situation came and they had no choice. It was a dispensation.

Finally, you do not have any point. Pls give your life to God man. Its not late
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by thejonny09(m): 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2010
yemmight:

Ignorant.  Oloun maje kope ko to ye o (God will not let it be too late before you realise)
. . .what happens to your forefathers who died before the white slave traders came?

The answer to that question is RESURRECTION. Resurrection does not agree with the teaching of hell. Nevertheless, true Christians know that hell is an invention of some sect and does not agree with the Bible.

As for P. Christ Matt 7:21-23 is the answer.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by suxes2005(m): 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2010
TAKE-IT it has to do wit wat they are taking
he might be releasing Holy Spirit impactation
or maybe he was asking their lost glory to return to
them, come my church make u come see for urself.

SHALOM
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bgees(m): 6:39pm On Jun 23, 2010
The man is fraud like many other pastors. You must understand that everyone in Nigeria is a hustler. the politicians , pastors , imams and other citizens are all hustlers.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by CarlosVent(m): 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2010
d gift of d lord is without repentance .
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 6:42pm On Jun 23, 2010
Jephyard:

Christianity is not a SCAM is just the people that practice it that make it so and the blind followers. As for what the nposter said take n they fall it kinda emotional think for those crowd out there expecting so much and would fall for any action spoken to.

Okay. . .

Please, could you answer a few questions for me as straight forward as you can without beating about the bush (like most people i asked before).If you can satisfactorily answer these questions, i promise to hold my peace and go back to being a Christian (lol  grin grin cheesy) :

(1)According to the history of the bible (from Adam till the present day), the world is not older than 5000 years and yet, there are archaeological findings dating back to millions and even billions of years back.There is no mention of ancient civilizations, dinosaurs or prehistoric plant life.All that was mentioned are what we see around us today.Could you explain this discrepancy?

(2)In the book of Genesis, Cain killed Abel out of jealousy.He was exiled from Eden and he went to the land of Nod and married there.Can you explain who those people were coz from my recollection, at that time it was just Adam,Eve and two kids.So who are these people that were "omitted" in the story and who is this mysterious woman Cain married? Was it his sister? Or did he get married to animals?

(3)In the same bible, the lord was angry with the world he created and was determined to destroy his creation (how ironic shocked).He instructed Noah to build an arc and put pairs of all living things in that ark.To the best of my knowledge, botanists spend their entire lives collecting and identifying species of a particular organism/animal/plant.Even if he lived 2,000 years on earth, there was no way he could have been able to achieve such a feat coz there were no airplanes,buses or ships to travel across the globe to get all pairs of organisms.Are we trying to say he came down to Africa to get the African elephant and then trekked back to India to get the Indian elephant? Think about it and you'll see how ridiculous it sounds.No roads.No buses.No planes.No ships.No rockets.No internet and yet. . .

(4)The current bible used in Christianity today has two parts. . .the old and new testament.Now there are practices in the old testament that most churches especially Pentecostals have discontinued e.g eye for an eye, sacrificial offerings and so on.When you ask them, they tell you that Christ came and all things are washed away rendering the old testament null and void.If this is true, why then do they still revert to Malachi 3:10 when it comes to psyching up the congregation to give more offerings and tithes? Weren't all things of old washed away? The same people will tell you that no part of the bible is irrelevant and the same people choose the parts that suit them.Are they confused about who and what they are worshiping?Do they even have an idea of what they are doing?

(5)The god in the bible is referred to as the all knowing god. . .the omni potent, omni present and all that. If he is all these, then he should have known that Eve would be tempted by the serpent and she would fall.He should have known how his creation would go till this present day.Why then did he create man when he knew that failure was imminent? The bible says he destroyed the world once and will do it again (some call it rapture, others call it Armageddon, a few think it's both ways). Why create something and condemn it? Is the bible implying that god is confused? That he makes errors? Isn't he supposed to be the all knowing god? Explain this please.

(6)The people who brought us Christianity also brought guns,liquor and slave trade (i don't know about you but that doesn't sound "holy-like" to me).They superimposed their religion on the black folks as a means of control.The same people who brought us their religion don't take it as serious as we do.I might be wrong but Nigeria to the best of my knowledge is the most prayerful/religious country in the world (there is hardly any street in Lagos without at least 2 churches or fellowships) and yet, with all the abundance of religion, we are the most cold hearted people to our fellow human beings! Christianity as we know it today originated from the Catholic church whose practices are chiefly unorthodox or in plain English. . .idol worship (how else can you explain worshiping a graven image of Mary, praying to saints,kissing the rings and feet of priests and the rosary. . .all of which aren't mentioned in the bible). Christians all claim to be worshiping one god. . .why then can't a Christ Embassy worshiper spend a few Sundays at Celestial Church of Christ? Why can't a C.A.C Pastor minister in Assemblies of God? Why can't Winners Chapel members worship in K&S? Or are there different gods? Are the so called Christians confused? Please explain these few questions satisfactorily and i'll hold my peace.

NB : Please, don't give me the usual "god works in mysterious ways" or " the ways of the lord cannot be understood" or " do not question the lord" crap.I've heard it one time too many.

Thanks. cool

Cheers! grin grin cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2010
bros1234:

Let me start this way. I go to Church because I need intervention and help in my life. Is that okay now?

Next  - many of us are still prepared to die if the opportunity presents itself. The apostles did not go about looking for who will kill them. The situation came and they had no choice. It was a dispensation.

Finally, you do not have any point. Pls give your life to God man. Its not late

Really. . .

Please feel free to answer the questions i listed above.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by harakiri(m): 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2010
thejonny09:

. . .what happens to your forefathers who died before the white slave traders came?

The answer to that question is RESURRECTION. Resurrection does not agree with the teaching of hell. Nevertheless, true Christians know that hell is an invention of some sect and does not agree with the Bible.

As for P. Christ Matt 7:21-23 is the answer.

Answer the questions above (straight to the point please)

Thank you.
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2010
@Poster na wa for you o? You sure say you go live long so ? You just dey drink panadol for pastor chris headache . Lol
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by bodejohn(m): 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2010
@ harakiri
What a wonderful write up you had there.
But from my observations you must have once been a very good christian.
I do not have answers to your questions but there is a simple thought process i would like you to follow
Why do we all believe that there is a supreme being called GOD?
Simple answer is we have seen many things that we think is beyond the power of mortals.
If we could reason out or explain or do all the things that we believe only a God can do, won't we all be called gods?
I am a christian because i believe that there is a God, whose ways no human being cannot phantom.
I am sorry if i didn't answer your question
Re: Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? by gidson12(m): 7:12pm On Jun 23, 2010
tosag:

@Poster na wa for you o? You sure say you go live long so ? You just dey drink panadol for pastor chris headache .
na u no go live long, no be question the poster ask. Is that the way holy spirit works, by throwing ppl to the ground. Remenber our God is a God of orderlines not of disorderliness and madness, and the holy spirit has fruitages such as love, joy, etc, read galatians 4:22,23. So na pastor chris know which magic him dey do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

God And Jesus Didn't Forbid Slavery In The Bible. But Why? / Kemi Olunloyo: We Should Stop Using Religion As Excuse For Character Defamation / Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67