Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,560 members, 7,861,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:15 PM

The One Who Awaits - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The One Who Awaits (80923 Views)

The Body Awaits... / A Story Awaits You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The One Who Awaits by Aghagba(f): 12:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
Gosh!u got me glued 2 ma seat,dis writeup is so interesting.repogal u are d best jawe,
Re: The One Who Awaits by docbindl(m): 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2013
I accidentaly stumbled on this story and I must say that I'm mightly impressed. Am not a sucker for internet stories bcoz most of them are sex based and intellectually deficient. But this story is absolutly different.
Obiviously you have a gift and its a good one. Kudos to you
Now to the other thing I was thinking while reading your story. We nigerians don't have eyes for oppourtunities and inthis story I see one. This is not the usually romantice story of the nigeria film industry, this is way better than that. So I advice that you finish your story, package it well and take it to one of this producers and see if you can strike a deal. You never know, u just might have struck Gold. That all I ve to say. Keep it up
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 4:17pm On Mar 30, 2013
Aghagba: Gosh!u got me glued 2 ma seat,dis writeup is so interesting.repogal u are d best jawe,

Thanks much Aghgba, smiley *head swelling*

@docbindi, thanks a lot, will see what I can do abt what you've said. Thanks for reading. smiley
Re: The One Who Awaits by moresignal(f): 6:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
@repogirl...upload na, u wan make i beat u?
Re: The One Who Awaits by IZUKWU(m): 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ice4jez: stick around.as a learner its not a secret we can tell u for now.but no worry make i ask the oga for up cos i no won give u names now n my oga go come give u anoder one izekwe
its izukwu , and by the way btw the two us, you are the learner here.
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 7:51pm On Mar 30, 2013
moresignal: @repogirl...upload na, u wan make i beat u?

Abeg na, make I enjoy easter small, My oga on top dey house plus my 2 pikins, abeg. Na beg I dey beg.
Re: The One Who Awaits by Ice4jez(m): 8:08pm On Mar 30, 2013
IZUKWU: its izukwu , and by the way btw the two us, you are the learner here.
this boy u go like argument oh.kk u no be learner
Re: The One Who Awaits by frank317: 1:18am On Mar 31, 2013
thanks @repogirl, u just gave me a great night. there is a smile on my face while i sleep... ya, u made me smile.

now who are u? such imaginatin?
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 5:25am On Mar 31, 2013
@ Frank, blame a bored overactive mind.smiley
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 5:30am On Mar 31, 2013
“Wow.” Was all Dare could say when Tekena narrated the experiences of the day to him.

“Yeah, wow.” Tekena repeated. They were seated in the living room where Tekena had narrated the days incidence to him.

“You actually jumped from upstairs?” Dare asked still in awe of his superman moves.

Tekena smiled “I’ve been considering doing that for a while now, just not had a reason to.” He joked.

“For your small mind now, you’re a daredevil.” Dare replied him dryly “And you took down three guys, two with guns?”

Tekena nodded smiling, he could almost not believe it himself. “Without breaking a sweat.”

“Wow, I should have enrolled in those martial arts classes with you back at Brighton, who knew it would come in handy like this?”

Tekena shrugged “I tell you, it was like I was someone else, it was pure adrenalin pumping all through, I was feeling like a superhero, like that arrow guy or James Bond, you know what I mean? It was awesome.”

Dare laughed. “maybe you should become a super hero, we’re in need of them.”

“Is the pay good?” Tekena joked back “But on a serious note, this Osas guy has gone way too far this time. When Larry catches up with him I want to give him the first punch. I don’t know what I would have done if they’d hurt Deifa, did you see her face?” He asked recalling the side of her face that had swollen, thanks to the ice it was better than it should have been. “ I have a bad feeling they were here to do some real harm, maybe even kill, who knows, that Osas is a total psycho.

All his friend could do was watch him “Kill? That’s going too far because he lost his girlfriend.”

“Trust me, this guy is a total nut job.”

“And Deifa dated him for what, four years?”

Tekena shrugged.

“Hows she holding up?”Dare asked

“She wasn’t too good in the afternoon. When the adrenalin wore off, she broke down. I had to send her to bed, last I checked on her she was asleep. I hope she’s better now.” He got up “I need to go check on her again. Please release your dog tonight in case that psycho comes up with any more evil plans, let the T-rex tear him into pieces.” Tekena joked.

Dare laughed “Sure. Goodnight.”

“Yeah, goodnight.”

Tekena left the living room and went up the stairs. He hoped Deifa was fine now, He understood the shock and horror she’d gone through that afternoon. It was a good thing that nothing bad had happened, he didn’t know what he would have done if any harm had come to her. She meant so much to him.

If she hadn’t been there he would have liked to have beaten those guys to a pulp for threatening her life that way but he knew Larry do a good job of it. He could confirm for sure that Larry was the king cobra now. He’d not come himself that afternoon but had sent Mike and Segun who had taken the intruders away for questioning.

Later, Larry had called with some information. The guys had confessed that Osas had sent them, paid them some money to do the job and that they’d been told to kill him but he’d left that part out when he’d told Dare, he didn’t want his friend bothered. Right now Osas was in hiding, the guys had checked his apartment and usual hang outs but hadn’t found him. Tekena was positive they would find him, it was only a matter of time.

Opening the door as quietly as he could, he saw she still appeared to be asleep. He didn’t want to wake her up, what she’d been through that day had been quite traumatising.

‘What a day?’ He thought to himself, as he remembered the events of the day. He recalled seeing his mom that morning, it was the first time since that night he’d left the house. He’d seen she wasn’t doing too well herself,and if he’d allowed himself he would have felt sorry for her. A part of him had wanted to reach out to her, a part of him had wanted to put it all behind but another part of him was glad that she was going through hell too, just like he was. He wanted her to feel his pain, to feel the deep hurt and pain he felt, when he thought about everything.
His mother dead and a father who hadn’t wanted him born, how did one move on from news like that? He walked to the wardrobe remembering the picture album Deifa had collected from her. He’d seen her keep it in there. Curious to know what it contained, he walked over and searched for it.

The first pictures were in black and white and there were also some Polaroid ones. He recognised his mom when she was a lot younger in most of them. Also in the pictures was another young lady, light complexioned, pretty, with eyes very like his. She was always smiling and he could tell she’d been so lively and full of life. She couldn’t be more than twenty years at the most or younger. Taking a harsh breath, he closed the album. He couldn’t look at it.

The pain searing through his heart was indescribable, it was like his heart was being ripped into two. He kept the album back. He couldn’t look at her, for all his bravado he couldn’t bring himself to look at pictures of his birth mother. It brought too many thoughts and too much sadness, he wasn’t strong enough to do it, the pain would kill him. She’d looked so young.

“Tekena.” Deifa called. He didn’t look back, he didn’t want her to see him like this. Weak, he wasn’t used to being weak, he was always in control.

He took deep, steadying breaths trying to regain control, he believed he could do it, he could regain control even though he felt like he was at the very edge. At the edge of his control limit, if he went over he knew he would loose it all and break down. Seeing his birth mother’s face had been too much for him.

“Tekena,” she was behind him now, she placed her hand lightly on his back “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” He struggled to say not looking at her, he didn’t want her to see the emotions he was feeling.

“I saw you looking at the album.” She told him “Tell me, what is it.”

And that was when he broke down. He couldn’t help himself, the emotions took over him and he gave in to all that he’d been holding back. Deifa took him into her arms as he wept like a baby and it felt good too. It felt good giving in to the emotions going through him. He didn’t want to hold them back anylonger. He just wanted to be free of them.

He wept for the mother he’d never known, a young mother whose heart had given up because her love had not been reciprocated and she couldn’t find the strength to live even for the sake of her unborn son. He wept for a father who hadn’t wanted his son, who’d felt a child would be an hindrance. He also wept for the woman who had been saddled with him, bringing him up like her own that he’d not for one day suspected he didn’t share a blood bond with her. He felt so unwanted, alone, a burden on them all, that was what he’d been.

“It’s Okay.” She told him as she hugged him tight.

“I feel so….unwanted.”

“I understand.” She told him “But you’re not, you know you’re not, you’re loved.”

He looked at her “Your mom, your sis, Dare, your friends. You’re a wonderful guy, Tekena… Me .” She smiled at the look in his eyes “I think I love you, Tekena. I’ve never felt this strongly before, you give me a whole new view on love and that’s what you do to everyone around you. You give them no choice but to fall in love with you. You’re lovable, Tekena.” She nodded smiling “I love you, I do.”

Tekena’s heavy heart was lifting, was he hearing correctly? Deifa loved him? “You’re just saying this to make me feel better.”

“This is what I hate about you. You take care of everyone, you give a piece of yourself to everyone but you wont let anyone take care of you. I’m not just saying it, you know me.” She gave him a brief reproving look “ I love you, even when I’m really annoyed with you I still love you so much that it annoys me even more.”

He smiled through his sadness and tears and the smile turned into laughter “You’re confusing me.”

She laughed “I’m confused myself, that’s what you do to me. You’re so lovable, I had no choice but to fall.”

“You’re sure its not because of my extreme good looks?” He joked.

“That also helped.” She told him and he burst into laughter

“Well, guess what?” He asked her.

“What?” She asked

“I’ve fallen for you too. Fallen hard, as in feet off the ground.” He told her feeling his heart swell with love and pride. He looked into her beautiful catty eyes as he drew her closer to him.

She raised herself on her toes and he got that she was coming in for a kiss. He lifted her up effortlessly and she wrapped her legs around his waist, her hands over his shoulders as his held her waist.

She kissed him, closing her eyes as she did so. Whispering “I love you, Tekena Daniels” against his lips.

He sensed the depth of her feelings through the kiss. She kissed him with everything she had. He kissed her back, his hurt and sorrows forgotten for a while. It felt so good at that moment realising that the girl of his dreams was in love with him.

Still in his arms he deepened the kiss as he used the wardrobe for support, resting her back on it.

She began undoing his shirt buttons “ I want more of you.” She told him, desire laced through her voice.

He halted her hands, what did she mean? He had a feeling she didn’t just mean shirtless-more.

He gently dropped her on her feet and her hands went down to the waist band of his jeans, and he understood, but they had never gone that far before.

“Deifa, how much more exactly?” he asked to be sure.

She looked at him “All of you.”

“Are you really sure?” He asked “No regrets later?”

“Regrets?” She laughed “You don’t know how long I’ve wanted this, I’ve just been too shy to take it further. I want you like since yesterday already.”

He watched her, she was serious. “I don’t have any protection….”

“I’ve got you covered.” She told him smiling mischievously

It was his turn to laugh now “I can see you came well prepared.”

She laughed “Oh please, just kiss me already.”

He obliged her, kissing her hungrily, his lips devouring hers as she pulled his body into hers. They basked in the
euphoria of their passion.

The last thought on his mind being ‘tears to love making, wow, what a roller coaster of a day’

2 Likes

Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 5:32am On Mar 31, 2013
Okay, I couldn't help myself, you guys made me feel so good and since inspiration was flowing, I stayed up most of the night writing this part.
My easter gift to you, enjoy. But I no wan hear update again till wednesday o! If I hear am .....

2 Likes

Re: The One Who Awaits by 001solar(m): 8:01am On Mar 31, 2013
Nice one sis just feeling you greatly
Re: The One Who Awaits by haysal(m): 10:45am On Mar 31, 2013
Tnks very much ma'am 4 the 'UPDATE'....we r really grateful 4 the 'UPDATE'.......we look 4ward to another lovely 'UPDATE'(wednesday)!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: The One Who Awaits by ojeka1(m): 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2013
I hate reading textbooks onlineI hate reading textbooks onlineI hate reading textbooks online
Re: The One Who Awaits by fittty(m): 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2013
Wait! F*ck is this? undecided
Re: The One Who Awaits by adeswagsdmj(m): 2:10pm On Mar 31, 2013
Front PaGE tinsFront PaGE tinsFront PaGE tins
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 2:23pm On Mar 31, 2013
ojeka.:
I hate reading textbooks onlineI hate reading textbooks onlineI hate reading textbooks online

fittty: Wait! F*ck is this? undecided

If you dnt got something constructive to contribute abeg don't bother.

adeswags dmj: Front PaGE tinsFront PaGE tinsFront PaGE tins

Thaink you jare, better person, u know wassup.
Re: The One Who Awaits by nacksonjoe: 2:27pm On Mar 31, 2013
Nice work repogirl for the easter we really appreciate well done and do have a lovely holiday u and ur family ten gbosa for u dear u r d bomb.
Re: The One Who Awaits by COOLDK(m): 2:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
All these moderators self! wetin dey do una? Se na now u suppose put this for front page ni?

Im seeing this thread for the first time and it got me glued. Simply Awesome!
Now I will have to be flipping page to page searching for the updates....... Mtcheeeeeeeew!

repogirl u go do us a favour ooooooooooo! Abeg compile that story into a single entity and post it on just a page for the benefit of us, who are just seeing it for the first time.
Or u go kuku mail am to me ni? No copyright violation intented please! grin grin
Re: The One Who Awaits by frank317: 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2013
good... but i would have loved a brief description of how lovely D's naked body looks...if it looks like a difficult task just imagin ursef, we will still get it tongue
Re: The One Who Awaits by tundunlola(f): 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2013
Nice write up Repogirl,keep it up,more grease to ur elbow.
Re: The One Who Awaits by johnwizey: 4:49pm On Mar 31, 2013
Haaa....ds topic make it to the frontpage..HURRAY
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 4:52pm On Mar 31, 2013
Okay, firstly of firstly, I woke up from sleep this afternoon to see we hit front page and thought I was dreaming, when I woke up properly, I almost fell out of bed.
I want to say a special thanks to everybody dat made dis happen,from my faithful readers pursuing me for updates, to NEPA, cramping my style, to wendy (thanks for ur encouragement for the times I was a chicken.) And ofcourse Trix. Not forgetting the moderators too. Everyone especially the readers that always commented. u guys are d very bombs, as in the very boko tinz (I no talk am o) hehehe, thanks a bunch everyone, we did it!

1 Like

Re: The One Who Awaits by arbitrage: 5:01pm On Mar 31, 2013
Rapogirl, have you published this book or it's a published work by other(s) already? Can you give permission to edit and publish it for you?
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2013
frank3.16:
good... but i would have loved a brief description of how lovely D's naked body looks...if it looks like a difficult task just imagin ursef, we will still get it tongue

Hehehe, Oga Frank, need I warn u too of mass homicide from d very Oga at the toppest?
My body na anoda man property, I dnt own the rights to it o. Anyway u r allowed to sub in ur girlfriend, wife, secret crush's or whoever's body inside. Its all good.
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 5:10pm On Mar 31, 2013
arbitrage: Rapogirl, have you published this book or it's a published work by other(s) already? Can you give permission to edit and publish it for you?

No its not been published and I can give permission but would like to have further details. If you could please send me a mail, Thanks.
Re: The One Who Awaits by Bluediamond1(f): 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2013
Yes o,we made frontpage.am so glad.Weldone Repogirl.
Re: The One Who Awaits by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 31, 2013
frank3.16:
thanks @repogirl, u just gave me a great night. there is a smile on my face while i sleep... ya, u made me smile.

now who are u? such imaginatin?
oga frank, u neva start dat thing, which levels u dey na, we both know wat am talking abt o.

1 Like

Re: The One Who Awaits by docbindl(m): 5:33pm On Mar 31, 2013
As I previously said Repogirl..... Don't let this story end on Nairaland..... Take it futher, A novel, A Movie...... Go for it, it just might be the key to lots of dough. It worth trying
Re: The One Who Awaits by shangpearlz(f): 5:34pm On Mar 31, 2013
Rili
cool story! Can't wait 4 mon wed n fri! Thumbs up dear. Am so xpectant
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 5:39pm On Mar 31, 2013
COOL DK:
repogirl u go do us a favour ooooooooooo! Abeg compile that story into a single entity and post it on just a page for the benefit of us, who are just seeing it for the first time.
Or u go kuku mail am to me ni? No copyright violation intented please! grin grin
Okay will see what I can do, but guy u lazy o grin
Re: The One Who Awaits by fiolaP(f): 5:41pm On Mar 31, 2013
repogirl welldone

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply)

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Maria: The Sequel / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.