Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List (11660 Views)

All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards / Photos From The Africa Movie Academy Awards 2015 / 85th Academy Awards (OSCAR) Nomination List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by mysticgal(f): 10:36am On Feb 25, 2013
VillageBoi:

Why would you expect to see her name when she wasn't nominated for anything!
Dear she was nominated though i don't know the category.
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by petreli12: 10:37am On Feb 25, 2013
The theme song for Django unchained ought to be nominated for the best song category. I love the old western songs used in d̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ movie. Epic
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by ifihearam: 10:38am On Feb 25, 2013
Agrika: Denzel Washington derserved an award.

He don get am before.
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by Ejine(m): 10:38am On Feb 25, 2013
bigfree: so happy for hugh jackman on his first oscar nomination,even though he didn't win.

Daniel-day lewis is a seasoned actor.deserves the award and christoph waltz was great in his role in django(a nigg.. Loving bounty hunter,so unassuming, but deadly with a wicked grin)

i thought lincoln would win the best pictures,since oscar has a knack for awarding best picture to historical dramas(the king's speech,lord of the rings,there will be blood)

Nah, Argo was always tipped to win. The major upset was that Ben Affleck wasn't nominated for Best Director considering the movie was nominated for Best Picture. These two categories go hand-in-hand. Maybe they weren't happy with the way he cast himself in the lead role.

Oh, by the way... Lord of The Rings is no 'historical' drama - It's a fantasy movie.
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by VillageBoi(m): 10:40am On Feb 25, 2013
mysticgal: Dear she was nominated though i don't know the category.

Eeerrrrrmmmm NO. She was NOT nominated... the film she acted in was nominated in the 'Foreign Language Film' category (but not her)... they are both very, very different things!
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by Ejine(m): 10:42am On Feb 25, 2013
~Bluetooth:

ThankGod that racist "django" film didn't win the award for best motion pciture.

Shame on jammie fox tongue

Dude!!! What are you talking about? That movie is my second-favorite film of 2012.

And it's not a 'racist' movie. It doesn't carry that message.

It's a western cowboy action film set during the slave era.
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by VillageBoi(m): 10:42am On Feb 25, 2013
Ejiné:
Nah, Argo was always tipped to win. The major upset was that Ben Affleck wasn't nominated for Best Director considering the movie was nominated for Best Picture. These two categories go hand-in-hand. Maybe they weren't happy with the way he cast himself in the lead role.

Argo is a very good film but I wonder how it won 'Best Film Editing' lol.
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by Akshow: 10:42am On Feb 25, 2013
Ejiné:

The winners are in bold.
Thanks
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by ELgordo(m): 10:43am On Feb 25, 2013
Stayed up all night to watch this event . . . Wonderful night so happy for Ben Affleck. . .* *growing ma breads like him** ( Argo f*@k ur self!)
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by obinna5000(m): 10:46am On Feb 25, 2013
Winner of the Best Animated Short film:

PAPERMAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqmh1GoZjnw
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:48am On Feb 25, 2013
white folks are really working hard to make this Jennifer Lawrence chic the next great white actress . A day doesn't go by without hearing her name on the entertainment Scene.
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by DidiLove1: 10:50am On Feb 25, 2013
~Bluetooth:

ThankGod that racist "django" film didn't win the award for best motion pciture.

Shame on jammie fox tongue

'Django unchained' was based on happenings and circumstances of the slave trade era. It is not a racist movie.
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by VillageBoi(m): 10:55am On Feb 25, 2013
Mr.chippychappy:
white folks are really working hard to make this Jennifer Lawrence chic the next great white actress . A day doesn't go by without hearing her name on the entertainment Scene.

Let's say the Yanks and rightly so unlike the British that voted a blooming dog as the most talented person in Braitain lol.
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by burkutu: 10:57am On Feb 25, 2013
Django unchained had everything. a movie the world was lookind forward to. Pure entertainment. Original story. Well rounded characters. How argo won best film beats me. Miserables,life of pi were better movies imo.anyway na dem sabi. Congrats tarantino.looking forward to your next masterpiece. Pulp fiction is still number one sha.

1 Like

Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by yuzedo: 11:02am On Feb 25, 2013
As long as Django Unchained didn't win Best Picture, i'm satisfied.

The movie is just overrated and over-hyped. Tarantino's hype is just solid, but Django was pushing it please! Pulp Fiction, i gree. KILL BILL, i gree. Django? Big miss abeg. Good movie no doubt, but far from a great/classic movie. Just convenient and downright corny.

Flight was super! I'm soooo gay for Denzel.. Lmao! embarassed
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by VillageBoi(m): 11:02am On Feb 25, 2013
SimonAndal:
_
'Cause it's very well edited. Continuity, scenes, everything blends so well that sometimes you don't even notice them. It's just one storyline.

Yes it is well edited, I'm not disputing that and I also edit, but there are far, far better edited films in that category like Li Of Pi and Zero dark Thirty. We know ZDT was not going to get a darn thing due to the political fallout. But Argo to win that category... oh please!
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by Imyourex(m): 11:16am On Feb 25, 2013
[size=8pt][/size]
Oscar Pistorius won best sniper award.

1 Like

Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by wayne4loan: 11:19am On Feb 25, 2013
ARGO: the movie is the real deal, should me why iran is pissed with america (argo 4k urself)
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by enemmo(f): 11:21am On Feb 25, 2013

A movie she starred in ,War witch was nominated for best foreign picture
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by enemmo(f): 11:21am On Feb 25, 2013

A movis she starred in ,War witch was nominated for best foreign picture
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by OmerianConsult: 11:46am On Feb 25, 2013
Not many surprises!
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by obinna5000(m): 11:50am On Feb 25, 2013
LIFE OF PI - 4 wins

ARGO - 3 wins

LES MISERABLES - 3 wins

DJANGO UNCHAINED - 2 wins

SKYFALL - 2 wins
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by ossaisly(m): 12:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
where is my dude "Mel Gibson " ? he is my finest director........
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by Projectors(m): 12:30pm On Feb 25, 2013
what
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by NaLaugh: 12:55pm On Feb 25, 2013
Sorry, but i don't see Aki and Pawpaw on the list.
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by Reference(m): 1:14pm On Feb 25, 2013
Real happy for Danny. Doesn't feature in many films but his films have averaged 70% acceptability. Great actor. Watchable character and a Brit for that matter making Oscar history.
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by enemmo(f): 1:22pm On Feb 25, 2013
sad Was routing for Hugh Jackman ,Though any year Daniel Day Lewis decides to act a film,any other actor will have to be better than the best to collect it from him,Heard he has only done 5 movies since 1998,and this is his third statue,Talk about being selective.

1 Like

Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by GJames(m): 2:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
mosho2good: Why is my name not on d list

Dis is call cheating
what's your name?
Re: 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List by Lex1(m): 3:12pm On Feb 25, 2013
Se all this film dey Alaba or Aba? I never watch most of those films since I moved to Abia... Need to be current.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MOVIE: Omo Ghetto (the Saga) 2020 – Funke Akindele / Download Latest Korean,philippines,thailand Tvseries Here / Who Would You Pick For James Bond In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.