Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? (16779 Views)

Batch A 2015 Corpers Where Is Your PPA / Help!he Impregnanted An SS1 Student At His PPA. / Batch A 2013 Corpers Where Is Your PPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Morgan1092(m): 12:43pm On Feb 26, 2013
kramer:
Is there a way you can secretly record all that's happening? If yes then you should do so and threaten to send the footage to the media if he doesn't buckle up.
[size=3pt]
Or you could blackmail him so you can hammer big tym!!! Jus don't forget mi sha[/size]
And u can do dis if u re in his shoes? Mtchewww
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by newdeal(m): 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2013
Not sure you are telling the whole story here, you make it look like the fault is all from the other side. I have dealt with 'corpers' in supervisory capacity and I know what some of them can be up to sometimes.

However, my advice to you (if your story is true) is:
you don't have to lose it, remain focused and committed to your assignment, make up your mind to work and make sacrifice if need be. I bet you, help will locate you
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Igholize(m): 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2013
Dat's 2 much on u ooooo.... D only solution should com ur lgi or zi oooo... Coz, u can't get 2 state cordinator ooo. Just try nd talk 2 ur lgi 2 witdraw u 4rm dat ppa ooo.... Dat's y I hated private schools
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by ocheejemb: 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2013
Can I ask why you refused to teach Agric ?
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by playahP(m): 12:50pm On Feb 26, 2013
Kill the guy already!!!
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by akorlade(m): 12:58pm On Feb 26, 2013
Guy humble yourself, buy new mattress, teach the subject given to you. if you can't teach all the subject' gist with the student during class and finally avoid that men like plaque. He can harm you if needs be.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by erniok(m): 12:59pm On Feb 26, 2013
colombiana: My friend stop naggin, I served at abia I tot computer, commerce, and government hope u get wat am tryin to say dat is I neva got a free period and he didn't gv us accomondation and he owes me 3 months. I didn't ever complain or giv him any reason to insult my dad or me cuz my stay there was temporary. So my advice so u don't get distabilized and frustrated learn the word endurance. And u should knw in less than a year it wud be sumtin u wud smile at. My friend. IMPROVISE ADAPT before u can OVERCOME. Thanks

typical Nigerian; they will serve you thrash and you will accept because you want to improvise and never demand for your right and i am not surprised, someone that thinks like you liked your strange comment.

@op, petition your ZI. when i served, the state co-ordinator told us explicitly that it is the duty of the your employer to provide accommodation for you. find out if it is still same and then insist on it. you must not be a slave to serve your country.

5 Likes

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by saintneo(m): 1:02pm On Feb 26, 2013
I understand how difficult this could be. This kind of issue never went unresolved for me while I was at Sokoto. It pays to be in good relationship with NYSC officials.

@OP, seek proper resolution with your ZI. Present your arguments properly.

1 Like

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by erniok(m): 1:06pm On Feb 26, 2013
newdeal: Not sure you are telling the whole story here, you make it look like the fault is all from the other side. I have dealt with 'corpers' in supervisory capacity and I know what some of them can be up to sometimes.

However, my advice to you (if your story is true) is:
you don't have to lose it, remain focused and committed to your assignment, make up your mind to work and make sacrifice if need be. I bet you, help will locate you

how do you expect him to make the sacrifice. by being a slave a teaching all the subjects in the school and sleeping in the bush abi? if the proprietor were to employ teachers, would he ask that one teacher take almost all the subjects?

let me tell you what will happen when he takes the agric class, the proprietor will sack the biology teacher and ask him to take the class from jss1-3 and the circle continues with the next batch of corp members.

if he is not ready to pay teachers, then he should not bother opening a school. This is why i love Rivers State. you serve only in public institutions.

5 Likes

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by prettyboi1(m): 1:08pm On Feb 26, 2013
Can you imagine that guy saying you should "just teach the students rubbish?" Is this how the lives of some people's kids should be played with? That man should be arrested.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by olempe(m): 1:10pm On Feb 26, 2013
DJDOLA: 4 STUDENT IN A SCHOOL...WHO IS CLASS CAPTAIN PREFECT ASSEMBLY KEEPER

Lol, that's Ogun state for U̶̲̥̅̊. No one cares about population, everybody just wanna be a Proprietor. They have small schls with big and fine names...

1 Like

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by olempe(m): 1:11pm On Feb 26, 2013
DJDOLA: 4 STUDENT IN A SCHOOL...WHO IS CLASS CAPTAIN PREFECT ASSEMBLY KEEPER
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Talking(m): 1:12pm On Feb 26, 2013
trix!:

There are too many things wrong with this post.

How can a school that has Js1 to SS3 have ONLY 6 teachers? How are these students supposed to write and pass WAEC?
What right does the proprietor have to enter your room and take your property? (even if he gave you the accommodation?)
you were sleeping on a bed from the creche? why?

I think you should ask to be redeployed somewhere else for the following reasons
there is already bad blood between you and the proprietor.
You certainly are not adding any value to yourself or the country by your stay in that private organisation
your Ejection from the corpers lodge is a clear indication that this man doesn't want you again, and would go any length to frustrate you. .
Your spellings and sentence composition leaves a lot to be desired, I do not think that you should be teaching students.

GBAM!!! Well said bro wink
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by colombiana: 1:13pm On Feb 26, 2013
erniok:

typical Nigerian; they will serve you thrash and you will accept because you want to improvise and never demand for your right and i am not surprised, someone that thinks like you liked your strange comment.

@op, petition your ZI. when i served, the state co-ordinator told us explicitly that it is the duty of the your employer to provide accommodation for you. find out if it is still same and then insist on it. you must not be a slave to serve your country.
TYPICAL NIGERIAN. What am I before? Its not slavery my dear bt knw who ever doesn't bend real low can neva jump. Very high. Can u jump standing on ur feet?I was not a slave I just endured and was very humble because no condition is permanent. At the end u find out dat ple like u just fight for thrash why guys like me just move on. WHEN THE GOING GETS THE TOUGH GETS GOING

1 Like

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Walexy96: 1:17pm On Feb 26, 2013
@Op the only problem u hav is laziness, no doubt, I read it in your words. The only way u can prove that you aren't lazy is by going back to accept all what the proprietor decides so far it's still on your job. Infact, I see nothing bad in reaction of proprietor, sorry to say. You don't hav to reject the job if you are a responsible person, u should have accept it and put in your best, if the best is not enough then we will know what to say.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Sleekbaby(f): 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2013
Dear my humble advice is 4 u 2 cool down, u cnt write letter 2 ZI witout it passing 2ru d Li 1st n 4rm ur writeup d Li is against, in order 2 avoid trouble n query do woteva dey ask u 2 do, a year is big n yet is small n i guess u r batch B, u r countin dwn seriously so leave dem, easter is d only tin only dere if u r batch B after wch u wil strt parkin ur tinz as for d clearance form he wil gv it 2 u n dont 4gt 2 mk it a prayer point dere is notin d Lord cnnt do
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by anitank(f): 1:22pm On Feb 26, 2013
Jeez!!! Corpers are really suffering oo

And to think I teach only Biology to just 2 classes(B&C) in only SS2, I go to school just on tuesdays and fridays, and am still complaining embarassed

@op, u have the right to speak up if that man keeps maltreating u. Ur posting letter stated that ur employer has no right to over work you. Look for another PPA and ask the man for a rejection letter, report him at the NYSC secetariate if u have to. The other corpers in ur school should be ur witness(es)
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by mickyyss: 1:23pm On Feb 26, 2013
[size=14pt]Na where u dey for Ibadan?[/size]
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by olempe(m): 1:23pm On Feb 26, 2013
erniok:

You have to wake up dude. What ur lgi told U̶̲̥̅̊ is not true, do U̶̲̥̅̊ believe everything the government tells you? Smh.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 26, 2013
This is part of the reason why our children always fail waec. During my nysc, I was forced to teach physics, I didn't complain, I taught them well to the best of my ability.I had to start teach them english too out of my own discretion because hmmm some of these children couldn't even spell their own name talk less of the physics words.
Midway through my nysc, the principal called and said I was using a wrong syllabus to teach the student, when I saw the new syllabus I was far far behind, 1 month to passing out they moved me to teach another arm, that hadn't had a physics teacher since the beginning of the year, how was I supposed to catch them up. Bottom line here is that its just a year, just manage b4 u know it will b over

1 Like

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by romanlaw(m): 1:24pm On Feb 26, 2013
Since it happened in s/w region ; two things are involved, either tribal hatred or you whet after his girl friend in the school. If its tribal hatred, then two things are involved ; its either you are Ibo by tribe or a rival s/w race. if u are Ibo by race ; two things are involved, run for your dear life or face juju war!! if you decide to run for your dear life ; Two things are involved...................to be continued.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by greatgod2012(f): 1:28pm On Feb 26, 2013
Geomac: I served in Enugu State(2005). I taught Integrated Science JS 1 - 3, Biology SS 1 - 3, Chemistry SS 1 - 3, when there was no teacher to take physics i took it up too SS 1 - 3.

haba, they want to kill you.....kilode?
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by ZACHIE: 1:32pm On Feb 26, 2013
The OP is a Nigerian graduate.
He is serving somewhere around the nation.
And he writes like this?
Maybe, for once, we should just drop standards and let everyone write as it pleases their taste and style.
But, even at that, your written English stinks.

1 Like

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Sircuba: 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2013
Notin new!!! I just concluded my nysc dis year batch “A“ in abia to b precise! From camp i was posted to a secondary school wit international included in their name but wit just 3 teachers and 9-corpers..i was give biology n chemistry (ss1 to 3)but 4students in each class and basic sicence (j.s 1 to 3)...one-day d proprietor saw me wit earpiece along d skul block and shouted meet me in my office! He said: next time i see u wit earpiece i will reject u but i said sir i need it now...he was shocked n told me to comeback tomorrow but never call me for it...at d end of nysc he gav me a OX FAN, P-IRON AND AN ENVELOP IN 20,000...PLS ASK FOR REJECTION LETTER!

2 Likes

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2013
I really pity corpers,I did mine in Ekiti,gosh,it was hell. I was made to teach the very dullest students on earth,I taught econs,commerce,govt,and literature. I made them write enough note from textbook,with little or no explanation.

Education in Nigeria will soon hit the rock,why would a school exist without teachers?
Why would a school hope on NYSC for teachers?
Some even employed freshly ssce graduate as teachers in order to pay peanuts.

Then what's the function of Ministry of education.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by scortez: 1:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
I Am A serving Youth Corp Member Presently Serving In Ika South.Ajuwaya I wish To Categorically State That The NYSC Programme Has Become A Hokum.It Is a Programme In quagmire Marred By decay And Cataclysmic Regression.I can understand what You are Saying Because I Am in the same Suituation.The NYsc Programme Has Conditioned Most corp Members To Be in A state Of phantasmogoria.What An Irony When A principal Tells A corp Member to Teach the Students rubbish.He must Me moronic And Mental.As A pundit,I Cam State that the nigerian Education System Will Soon see a Meltdown.With The Educational Administrators we have who have A penchant for doing the Wrong Things.The imbroglio we have found ourselves ccan vbe remedied but I guess when we Have A good Leader.However my Brother,I Beg You not To Teach these students rubbish As they are the Leaders we hope Will Cause The CHANGE!

3 Likes

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Geomac: 1:48pm On Feb 26, 2013
greatgod2012:

haba, they want to kill you.....kilode?

I was not forced to take the subjects unlike the OP. I taught them on my own free will.

1 Like

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by anitank(f): 1:50pm On Feb 26, 2013
ZACHIE: The OP is a Nigerian graduate.
He is serving somewhere around the nation.
And he writes like this?
Maybe, for once, we should just drop standards and let everyone write as it pleases their taste and style.
But, even at that, your written English stinks.
And that's what u're here to do? To criticize the Op instead of advising him on what to do? Tell me how different u are from the "rest of them"

And oh, I hope to see all the awards u've won as a perfect English writer
Mtcheeeww!!

8 Likes

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by enemmo(f): 1:52pm On Feb 26, 2013
scortez: I Am A serving Youth Corp Member Presently Serving In Ika South.Ajuwaya I wish To Categorically State That The NYSC Programme Has Become A Hokum.It Is a Programme In quagmire Marred By decay And Cataclysmic Regression.I can understand what You are Saying Because I Am in the same Suituation.The NYsc Programme Has Conditioned Most corp Members To Be in A state Of phantasmogoria.What An Irony When A principal Tells A corp Member to Teach the Students rubbish.He must Me moronic And Mental.As A pundit,I Cam State that the nigerian Education System Will Soon see a Meltdown.With The Educational Administrators we have who have A penchant for doing the Wrong Things.The imbroglio we have found ourselves ccan vbe remedied but I guess when we Have A good Leader.However my Brother,I Beg You not To Teach these students rubbish As they are the Leaders we hope Will Cause The CHANGE!

Hope say you no dey teach english Bro!
@OP Sit down and analyse the situation,if you can,do it with your church mind,if not take it up with an official other than ur ZI.All the best
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by bright007(f): 1:55pm On Feb 26, 2013
scortez: I Am A serving Youth Corp Member Presently Serving In Ika South.Ajuwaya I wish To Categorically State That The NYSC Programme Has Become A Hokum.It Is a Programme In quagmire Marred By decay And Cataclysmic Regression.I can understand what You are Saying Because I Am in the same Suituation.The NYsc Programme Has Conditioned Most corp Members To Be in A state Of phantasmogoria.What An Irony When A principal Tells A corp Member to Teach the Students rubbish.He must Me moronic And Mental.As A pundit,I Cam State that the nigerian Education System Will Soon see a Meltdown.With The Educational Administrators we have who have A penchant for doing the Wrong Things.The imbroglio we have found ourselves ccan vbe remedied but I guess when we Have A good Leader.However my Brother,I Beg You not To Teach these students rubbish As they are the Leaders we hope Will Cause The CHANGE!
[color=red]which one come be all this big big grammer wey no make sense!

1 Like

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by dammytosh: 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2013
olu4life:
Only for me to be given agric to tach frm jss 1 to ss 3,which i immediately rejected. This led to a face-off with the man. He insulted me in front of the students,calling me names and also insulting my father. I responded immediately not to even include my father in this.
One week later,he called me saying he has assigned agric for ss to me,which i rejected. Last monday,he went into our quarters and seized my hot plate [cos he gave us accomodation] which up to date he hasnt stated why he seized it.

Am I the only one sensing Laziness and you being a spoilt brat ?

1. Why did you redeploy ?
2. Why are you rejecting everything you are told to do ?

SO you want to reject every task, do things at your own pace and still enjoy accomodation + mattress ?

As a corp member, the aim is to teach you to be strong and persevere. He gave you an accomodation in Ibadan and you are complaining. I was not given any accomodation in far away North. Do you know what that means ?

I don't wait for tasks to be given to me and that is helping me uptill now.

Assume that guy is your boss in a new generation bank and you earn so much. Will you walk away ?

Please learn to be patient, you are Nigeria's hope tommorow.

-My Opinion.

1 Like

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Richy4(m): 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2013
[quote author=trix!]

There are too many things wrong with this post.

How can a school that has Js1 to SS3 have ONLY 6 teachers? How are these students supposed to write and pass WAEC?
What right does the proprietor have to enter your room and take your property? (even if he gave you the accommodation?)
you were sleeping on a bed from the creche? why?

I think you should ask to be redeployed somewhere else for the following reasons
there is already bad blood between you and the proprietor.
You certainly are not adding any value to yourself or the country by your stay in that private organisation
your Ejection from the corpers lodge is a clear indication that this man doesn't want you again, and would go any length to frustrate you. .
Your spellings and sentence composition leaves a lot to be desired, I do not think that you should be teaching students.

A school might have only 6 teachers my Brother. It happens a lot in Bayalsa state especially Government school. the teachers only show up on pay day just to sign and disappear again. they have chains of businesses in the city, so they give the principal something on pay day for him to shot up. then the principal will request 13 or 14 corps members to cover their ass. I am saying this out of experience. we were 15 that served in one school.The most annoying thing in those days was that You will repeat what you were trying to pass across to the student numerous times, they keep looking at you like ST LUKE. some just keep smiling sheepishly. some of our members began to teach them in pigeon English. it was really funny.

Based on issue at hand, try and be patient. go to class and teach what ever they ask you to teach. remember you are serving your father land. also remember to ignore and act as if the proprietor himself does not exist. be bold and proud of your self that you are a graduate.but if you can not bear it ask for redeployment. the lesson you have to learn in life is that some people derive joy in frustrating others.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abuja Fct 2016 Batch A, Let's Meet Here / 2014 Batch C Corps Members Posted To Imo State / Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.