Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? (16778 Views)

Batch A 2015 Corpers Where Is Your PPA / Help!he Impregnanted An SS1 Student At His PPA. / Batch A 2013 Corpers Where Is Your PPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by brilapluz(m): 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2013
erniok:

typical Nigerian; they will serve you thrash and you will accept because you want to improvise and never demand for your right and i am not surprised, someone that thinks like you liked your strange comment.

@op, petition your ZI. when i served, the state co-ordinator told us explicitly that it is the duty of the your employer to provide accommodation for you. find out if it is still same and then insist on it. you must not be a slave to serve your country.
+10000000 likes..thumbs up!
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Mintayo(m): 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2013
[olu4life]
That is the problem with youths of nowadays. Simply because u dont know ur right doesnt mean u should transfer ur stupidity. Gosh...with this attitude,this country can never move forward. I'm sure if i pay u a visit at ur ppa,u have no impact on ur students!

And i bet it is this your 'embittered' and 'frustrated' will help this nation!
It is like you don't know what it means by 'fighting for your right'!

I wish you well anyways in your 'rebellious' trip!
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Mintayo(m): 7:32pm On Feb 26, 2013
[olu4life]
That is the problem with youths of nowadays. Simply because u dont know ur right doesnt mean u should transfer ur stupidity. Gosh...with this attitude,this country can never move forward. I'm sure if i pay u a visit at ur ppa,u have no impact on ur students!

And i bet it is this your 'embittered' and 'frustrated' attitude that will help this nation!

You need a mental orientation,you need to change your mentality!

1 Like

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by festusf: 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
You can redeploy ur self to other private sch.with arrangement with ur Zonal coordinator/local govt coordinator.
Ogbeche77: Good to know you have reported to the LI as I advised in our earlier conversation,but it seems the LI has compromised, the next step to take is to report to the Zonal inspector.
Let me try to lobby this topic to the frontpage, there may be better suggestions
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by pholusac: 9:06pm On Feb 26, 2013
[quote
author=Geomac]I served in Enugu State(2005). I taught Integrated
Science JS 1 - 3, Biology SS 1 - 3, Chemistry SS 1 - 3, when there was
no teacher to take physics i took it up too SS 1 - 3. [/quote] na only dey there, abi dey want 2 kil u
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by olu4life(m): 9:56pm On Feb 26, 2013
Mintayo: [olu4life]

And i bet it is this your 'embittered' and 'frustrated' attitude that will help this nation!

You need a mental orientation,you need to change your mentality!

Please sir,lecture me on how to go about it. Are u saying i should just accept and also move out of the lodge? Will u be there when my health fails me or will u be there to lend me money for the house rent Guy,u better park well
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
olu4life:
That is the problem with youths of nowadays. Simply because u dont know ur right doesnt mean u should transfer ur stupidity. Gosh...with this attitude,this country can never move forward. I'm sure if i pay u a visit at ur ppa,u have no impact on ur students
Guy easy, u dont need to reply every post,lot of peeps have given u advices, pick the ones you consider good and move on .C'mon
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by mikeuz(m): 10:17pm On Feb 26, 2013
Am experiencing something similar,infact i teach maths,computer,physics, and english,and the school didnt even give ♍ƺ accomodation,not to talk of bed,i spend #300 for transportation to school everyday,and nobody cares to know how i fare,all they want is that you must be in school everyday or else you wont be given your clearance.
Bt what can you do?reporting to the LI wont make much difference,not because the LI is corrupt bt because there is little the LI can do. The system is wrong,dont be surprise that the ZI wont be able to do anything, because trying τ̲̅ȍ start a change of ppa can affect your monthly allowances and before you the change, your Employer must reject you and state the reason why, if he gives a bad reason against you,it can go a long way in making you have an extention. Thatz NYSC for you so you should undastand why your LI gave you that kind of response,its for your own good on the long run. The only thing i can tell you is TRY your best,adapt, be diplomatic instead of being rebellious,do the best you can and leave the rest. He cant kill you.

NOTE:you are a corper and you should watch the way you use the social media,or any media. Its against the rule. No interaction with the media without permission. A friend of mine in batch A that just past out, got a 3months extention because he complain about non-payment of allowee on FB. Be warned and be careful,remember its just 1 year, and just now, it will all be history. GUDLUCK.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Nadoson: 12:45am On Feb 27, 2013
@OP, na u won distob ur self naa, notin dey dia. Just acept d offer, even if ur askd 2 teach all d courses no wahala. Just inta class read text books line afta line by teachn dem rubish aftarol d student dosn't even knw if ur corect or not. But take note, Dont allow dem 2 ask u question but if dey do den u intmdt d pesin. Aftarol na fedral Govmt go take d blame 4 postin evry profession 2 class room. I'v rmbad my year of servin in rivers state.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by politicalpastor: 5:54am On Feb 27, 2013
olu4life: Good day peeps,i'm presently confused and dont even know what to do about my PPA. I was posted to a private school last month [due to redeployment] in Ibadan. On resuming,i was told to teach Basic Science for JSS 1-3,which i am carrying out effectively. But last two weeks,the propietor sacked a teacher taking agricultural science and geography.
Only for me to be given agric to tach frm jss 1 to ss 3,which i immediately rejected. This led to a face-off with the man. He insulted me in front of the students,calling me names and also insulting my father. I responded immediately not to even include my father in this.
One week later,he called me saying he has assigned agric for ss to me,which i rejected. Last monday,he went into our quarters and seized my hot plate [cos he gave us accomodation] which up to date he hasnt stated why he seized it.
I reportes him to the LGI,only for me to be shocked with LGI's response. He supported him and told me to just teach the students rubbish. I accepted in good faith anyways.
Now, this morning,we wanted to collect clearance cos we are to sign PV starting from today. But he refused to give us saying its a lie.
Also told we corpers staying in the lodge to pack out cos he's no longer giving us accomodation. Am so confused right now. The LGI has been bribed by this man,so angry at the moment.
Please what measures can be taken
This is a man who has just 6 teachers and 6 corpers for a whole secondary school. He is bent on dealing with me simply because i refused to take agric

WHY WONT STUDENTS DO BAD IN THEIR EDUCATION IN NIGERIA? WHEN THEY ARE NOT ALWAYS GIVING THE RIGHT TEACHERS IN THEIR COUNTRIES, GOD FORBID , MY CHILDREN WILL NEVER COME BACK TO THAT USELESS COUNTRY TO SCHOOL. THANK GOD FOR THIS NEWS. THEY WILL NEVER SPEND MORE THAN 1 MONTH IN NIGERIA, THANK GOD, THEY ARE AMERICANs ALREADY.

#UPDATE Am jus been told not to be given bed again. Cos the bed have been using is from the creche.Will i sleep on the floor Am so loosing it right now
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by elnino3(m): 6:55am On Feb 27, 2013
go higher than the lgi.... call the zonal, or, call the, director general.... they will only shout that you didn't follow protocol but.....the issue will be resolved a quickly as possible..
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by soonpoint(m): 7:46am On Feb 27, 2013
Broda! Endure...yeah just endure but not without a fight though..d guy can't just f***k u up as if he's one tony montana..if u can't beat 'em, arrange for 'em to be beaten..ow will a skool have just six teachers? I mean six permanent teachers?quite ridiculus.I'm sure he has a lot of dirt on him, so play along, gather up the dirts and throw it in his face.go to d regulatory boards of education, SUBEB or wteva,nd report him.BTW, don't get dirty with that LI,he's a cheap p***y,syphilis infested..uv got a lot to loose.finally, endure, be careful.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Richy4(m): 7:51am On Feb 27, 2013
alnetizen:
PHANTASMAGORIA is not GRAMMAR. It is a WORD (a noun in this case).
Yes, it is a new word to me that means my vocablary has been updated.

Thank you for letting me know that it is a word. if you were so well updated as you claimed, you would have known how to spell "vocabulary". I do not have time for kids learning English language.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by alnetizen: 11:11am On Feb 27, 2013
Richy.:

Thank you for letting me know that it is a word. if you were so well updated as you claimed, you would have known how to spell "vocabulary". I do not have time for kids learning English language.
Oh my..... you really catch me on this typo. Anyway, no wahala, we jam next time.
Remain blessed.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by MaAngwa: 6:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
olu4life: Good day peeps,i'm presently confused and dont even know what to do about my PPA. I was posted to a private school last month [due to redeployment] in Ibadan. On resuming,i was told to teach Basic Science for JSS 1-3,which i am carrying out effectively. But last two weeks,the propietor sacked a teacher taking agricultural science and geography.
Only for me to be given agric to tach frm jss 1 to ss 3,which i immediately rejected. This led to a face-off with the man. He insulted me in front of the students,calling me names and also insulting my father. I responded immediately not to even include my father in this.
One week later,he called me saying he has assigned agric for ss to me,which i rejected. Last monday,he went into our quarters and seized my hot plate [cos he gave us accomodation] which up to date he hasnt stated why he seized it.
I reportes him to the LGI,only for me to be shocked with LGI's response. He supported him and told me to just teach the students rubbish. I accepted in good faith anyways.
Now, this morning,we wanted to collect clearance cos we are to sign PV starting from today. But he refused to give us saying its a lie.
Also told we corpers staying in the lodge to pack out cos he's no longer giving us accomodation. Am so confused right now. The LGI has been bribed by this man,so angry at the moment.
Please what measures can be taken
This is a man who has just 6 teachers and 6 corpers for a whole secondary school. He is bent on dealing with me simply because i refused to take agric

#UPDATE Am jus b

een told not to be given bed again. Cos the bed have been using is from the creche.Will i sleep on the floor Am so loosing it right now

What is the name of the school and where is the school located in Ibadan? Write an official letter to the ZI and copy the state Director. Make sure the copy of that letter get to the state Director, lay your complain and tell them to re deploy you to another school cos your security is not guaranteed in tge school
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 27, 2013
Mintayo:

Your generation shall call you blessed!

Thank You smiley
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Larrybillz(m): 3:05am On Feb 28, 2013
Rily feel ur pain mate..ima prospective Batch A corp membre so am stil very much naive in matas of ds nature @least 4now.....Pls peepz hw do i initiate ma own post on NL pls...barely a mnth i signed up for an account....*Any clue wil b highly appreciated pls
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by olu4life(m): 7:51am On Feb 28, 2013
Thanks so much for the advise. Ther is progress on the issue. The propietor has been using style to apologise but hasnt given me the bed nor hot plate. He knows he has been threatened. Since he hasnt returned any of the items,i believe he hasnt changed. Will be giving him till friday to make amends. Another reason i wanna leave is that the man is fetish. I dont wanna loose my life,i gotta leave
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
7 years ago with the aluta spirit in me I would have probably protested to the heavens and killed someone if need be. But with the benefit of hindsight and maturity (and living for wifey and the kids) i've learnt to hold my anger and leave revenge to the gods. Thinking things through and doing that which doesn't burn bridges but leaves me with peace of mind in the long run.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by EmmyDe25(m): 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2013
bigx: Reasons I never bothered to serve. Rubbish corrupt scheme.
Aswear!!
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by EmmyDe25(m): 11:03pm On Apr 10, 2013
colombiana: My friend stop naggin, I served at abia I tot computer, commerce, and government hope u get wat am tryin to say dat is I neva got a free period and he didn't gv us accomondation and he owes me 3 months. I didn't ever complain or giv him any reason to insult my dad or me cuz my stay there was temporary. So my advice so u don't get distabilized and frustrated learn the word endurance. And u should knw in less than a year it wud be sumtin u wud smile at. My friend. IMPROVISE ADAPT before u can OVERCOME. Thanks
Dey dere dey use movie line to real lyf situation! *smh 4u*
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by asaju10(m): 1:57pm On Apr 13, 2013
olu4life: Thanks so much for the advise. Ther is progress on the issue. The propietor has been using style to apologise but hasnt given me the bed nor hot plate. He knows he has been threatened. Since he hasnt returned any of the items,i believe he hasnt changed. Will be giving him till friday to make amends. Another reason i wanna leave is that the man is fetish. I dont wanna loose my life,i gotta leave
Though many advice has cme in bt as for me i will like u 2 report him 2 d ONE u owns d heart of king & chief instead of u goin bk 2 doz li,zi or woteva dy mite bin callin demslves.Try & c wot's HE's capable of doin coz i knw HE nva loose 4 once....U will soon smile i blif
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 13, 2013
asaju10: Though many advice has cme in bt as for me i will like u 2 report him 2 d ONE u owns d heart of king & chief instead of u goin bk 2 doz li,zi or woteva dy mite bin callin demslves.Try & c wot's HE's capable of doin coz i knw HE nva loose 4 once....U will soon smile i blif
this issue don pass king or queen matter, op still contacted me this morning, he is seriously frustrated, the issue is far from over
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by asaju10(m): 9:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ogbeche77: this issue don pass king or queen matter, op still contacted me this morning, he is seriously frustrated, the issue is far from over
HAAAAAAA!!!!.....A case that is beyond d control of GOD ALMIGHTY tel me u wil nw solve it....hmmmm am out of here
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
asaju10: HAAAAAAA!!!!.....A case that is beyond d control of GOD ALMIGHTY tel me u wil nw solve it....hmmmm am out of here
the king and queen I meant was literally, not referring. To God almighty, there's nothing God can't do.
The only help I could offer was just a little counseling, it soon be a thing of the past for him
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by colonel20: 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2013
Sir cuba: Notin new!!! I just concluded my nysc dis year batch “A“ in abia to b precise! From camp i was posted to a secondary school wit international included in their name but wit just 3 teachers and 9-corpers..i was give biology n chemistry (ss1 to 3)but 4students in each class and basic sicence (j.s 1 to 3)...one-day d proprietor saw me wit earpiece along d skul block and shouted meet me in my office! He said: next time i see u wit earpiece i will reject u but i said sir i need it now...he was shocked n told me to comeback tomorrow but never call me for it...at d end of nysc he gav me a OX FAN, P-IRON AND AN ENVELOP IN 20,000...PLS ASK FOR REJECTION LETTER!

Umm, plz is dis school in Ugwunabo LGA, Abia, ur ppa sounds exactly like mine with "international" in d name. wink. I was posted to a school in the above LGA.. # regular teachers and 6 corpers.. I was asked to teach chemistry (ss1 to ss3) and maths (js1 to js3)... I'm yet to resume
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by olu4life(m): 7:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
Really want to appreciate all those who advised me. The case just finally got solved today.
On resuming to school on monday,the propietor issued us all rejection letter except one corper [though a lot had occured since the last time i updated u peeps]. We left in happiness and reported to the new ZI. I was told today ro go bring request letter from any school or organization of my choice. The ZI is also withdrawing the corper left there and also blacklisting the school.
I'm more than happy right now. It pays alot to know ur right and stand for it.
For those that said i should just ignore and continue workin,i also say thanks to u peeps cos it was ur discouragement that gave me a boost and at the long run,it paid off. Love u all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abuja Fct 2016 Batch A, Let's Meet Here / 2014 Batch C Corps Members Posted To Imo State / Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.