Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,881 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Buhari Can’t Be Champion Of Democracy, Says Wayas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Can’t Be Champion Of Democracy, Says Wayas (920 Views)

N4.7bn Cars: Buhari Can’t Dictate To Us –n’assembly / It’s Rape Of Democracy, Says Sylva As INEC Stops Poll / Rivers Governorship Election: “A Sham, Mockery Of Democracy,” Says INEC Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Can’t Be Champion Of Democracy, Says Wayas by rasputinn(m): 12:50pm On Feb 25, 2013
Buhari Can’t be Champion of Democracy, Says Wayas

Second Republic Senate President, Dr. Joseph Wayas, Sunday declared that former military Head of State and presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the 2011 elections, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, cannot parade himself as champion of democracy,
Wayas, who fielded questions at a personality programme on the Kaduna-based Liberty Radio, said Buhari, as someone, who terminated the Second Republic through a military coup, does not have the credentials of a democrat.

“I have nothing personal against Gen. Buhari, but I cannot equally reconcile certain things in my mind, that is, is Buhari the man to champion democracy?

“That is the question I ask myself and I will answer it and say no, because he dethroned democracy for a military dictatorship and after doing that how sincere will I count on him, this is not the place for one to say everything
“Am very serious and without painting anybody black I believe that certain people play certain role, he is not the only military man, there are others and they have not come out to tell us that they want to champion democracy, I believe that he is carrying something in him that he cannot be a champion of democracy,” the former senate president stated.

According to him, “the action of the military to sack democracy took Nigeria back many years, I don’t really know their reason because am yet to see any of us that were the pioneer leaders then flaunting any serious wealth to day.”

He accused foreign powers for always using corruption stories on African leaders to blackmail young nations and undermine their democracies.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-can-t-be-champion-of-democracy-says-wayas/140514/
Re: Buhari Can’t Be Champion Of Democracy, Says Wayas by Dreal1247: 1:17pm On Feb 25, 2013
Who can bail the cat?
Re: Buhari Can’t Be Champion Of Democracy, Says Wayas by HAH: 2:43pm On Feb 25, 2013
This Wayas guy is still nursing grudges with Gen buhari for booting out that their corrupt government.

Mr Wayas take it or leave it Buhari is a democracy icon and is one million times more popular than you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can’t Be Champion Of Democracy, Says Wayas by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
HAH: This Wayas guy is still nursing grudges with Gen buhari for booting out that their corrupt government.

Mr Wayas take it or leave it Buhari is a democracy icon and is one million times more popular than you.

Buhari is a democracy icon as Tony Aneni is a transparency icon!

Hahahahaha!
Re: Buhari Can’t Be Champion Of Democracy, Says Wayas by feelamong(m): 6:48pm On Feb 25, 2013
Wayas should keep his dirty mouth shut!! what democracy is he talking about? The one that him and his fellow Looters reigned!!

Am sure the stup/d wayas will call the present govt of the day Decocracy too!!

He was just lucky that he was overthrown by military and not thruogh a popular revolution...He should have rotted in hell by now!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can’t Be Champion Of Democracy, Says Wayas by rusep: 8:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
Because Buhari has no house in Abuja?
Re: Buhari Can’t Be Champion Of Democracy, Says Wayas by rasputinn(m): 7:34am On Mar 11, 2013
rusep: Because Buhari has no house in Abuja?

Is it anybody's fault that all the money Buhari looted from the petroleum ministry and from PTF,he preferred to channel towards furthering the cause of Islamic extremism?
Re: Buhari Can’t Be Champion Of Democracy, Says Wayas by miiraaj: 7:49am On Mar 11, 2013
Buhari may not be champion of Democracy, but there is no doubt he is Champion of a Strong, Improved and Better Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Can’t Be Champion Of Democracy, Says Wayas by rasputinn(m): 8:02am On Mar 11, 2013
^^^
Please define strong,improved and better

(1) (Reply)

Sacking Of NCAA DG By The President, Right Or Wrong Move? / Northern Elders Blame Jonathan For Kano Attacks;says Amnesty Is The Answer / Boko Haram Now Ready For Dialogue With FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.