Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) (15094 Views)

Tecno Phantom Z A7 Specifications Review / [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z / Problems With Umobile And Zmobile! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Gangsta101(m): 9:48am On Feb 27, 2008
For those people who are always on the go, and constantly aare shiftng money from one form to another, this is probably the best thing that ever happened to nigerians - banking directly from your phone. you can do virtually everything from anywhere in the country without leaving your room. all you need is just GPRS connection. (well, almost anything except collect cash).
if electronic money is your thing, all you have to do is just install it. you can transfer money, recharge your phone, change our atm pin number e.t.c. and it is as safe as anything in this country.
the trouble is i, who has been singing its praise can't install it on my own phone. i use a tmobile mda (htc wizard) which by default is not supported by anyof the various platforms, and when i do install the ones made for other phones, i can't use it cos there's a bug which makes me unable to input the numbers 2 and 8, it reads it as the commands up or down as the case may be.
does anyone know how i may be able to fix this tiny glitch?

1 Like

Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by naijafan(m): 1:04pm On Feb 27, 2008
maybe u shld try using a bluetooth keyboard  cheesy

yea, nice application. it saved my ass once. I went to the ATM to draw money from my UBA account, as i got there, my card was not in my wallet. I started thinking of how to get dough. Fortunately, I'd installed the application on my mobile and configured my card. I just did a transfer of some money to my Zenith account as I had my chequebook handy. Walked into the bank, confirmed my balance and viola - the transfer had reflected. All within 5 minutes. I drew my cash happily. cheesy

the next day, i realised i could've just gotten a savings withdrawal slip from UBA and used it grin but man, the usual UBA queues angry angry angry
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by luluosas(m): 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2008
i love the system and i have been trying to register for it but, unfortunately, my Nokia 7250 is not listed among the umobile phones on UBA website. I am currently working on Skye mobile from Skye bank.
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by igbsam(m): 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2008
pls kindly list the names of the applications that does this stuffs. I have one from sky bank.
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by viperman: 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2008
Interswitches mobile application is inferior to that of this company

www.etranzact.com

asides PDAs, all java enabled phones work with the mobile application from etranzact. theirs is less fanciful, but more stable on the phone than interswitch's.
And you don't have to select a particular phone before you install.
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Gangsta101(m): 6:31pm On Feb 27, 2008
Igbsam
it will be rather difficult to list out all the supported devices. each bank seems to modify the generic mobilepay suite to it's own liking. i am only familiar with that for uba - umobile. to get a list of supported devices check out this link
https://www.ubagrouponline.com/umobilemenu/
while this is the link for zenith bank - zmobile
http://zmobile.zenithbank.com/zenithota/

the thing is i don't know anyone who has been able to install the z-mobile suite.
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Donprex: 5:40am On Feb 28, 2008
Does GTBank have this application?
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by naijafan(m): 9:52am On Feb 28, 2008
Donprex:

Does GTBank have this application?

you dont have to wait for GTB's branding if the dont have yet. The application is basically the same across banks. It was developed by Interswitch. As long as you have an Interswitch ATM card or a cash card, you can use the app.
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Gangsta101(m): 4:03pm On Feb 28, 2008
Donprex
naijafan is right, u don't need to download a particular banks type of app to use it. the application is actually designed by interswitch and repackaged by other distributors. most banks don't even have it yet. most people just use the umobile suite on their phones. like this chic at my place, she's got three atm cards and umobile actually gives you the chance to install all three cards at once, and use them as u wish.

Viperman
when i was desperately trying to install umobile on my phone, i did come across etranzact, and i can remember thinking 'how many internet banking services ill one open up his or her acct to?" i mean if u have an ATM card, ur acct is already opened up to Interswitchng. to get the etranzact app, u have to get their own cash or debit card, which means opening yourself up to another service. now the question is how much can we rely on these guys? it has taken years to get our country's banking services to such a level of trustworthiness, but it would take a lot of faith to get me to open up to both services at once.
but on the other hand, what is ur experience with them?

PS: i am still looking out for a way past my number bug. that bluetooth keypad stuff sounds cool, but i think the bug has something to do with the app being installed on the wrong platform, cos there are several input options available on the pda, apart from the standard keyboard, and i have tried all of them to no avail, but i;ll give it a shot, if i can get it.
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Donprex: 1:44am On Feb 29, 2008
[color=#990000][/color]pls how do i download this app?
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Gangsta101(m): 2:08pm On Mar 01, 2008
Donprex
i posted some links above, just click on them, u will get to a page where you can select your device. if your phone is not listed in the menu, you can just download one for a phone similar to yours and install it and see.
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:25pm On Mar 01, 2008
Umobile works on my phone but since celtel has refused to give me internet connectivity, all they give is wap and mms i'll have to wait
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by viperman: 7:56pm On Mar 14, 2008
Gangsta101:

Viperman
when i was desperately trying to install umobile on my phone, i did come across etranzact, and i can remember thinking 'how many internet banking services ill one open up his or her acct to?" i mean if u have an ATM card, your acct is already opened up to Interswitchng. to get the etranzact app, u have to get their own cash or debit card, which means opening yourself up to another service. now the question is how much can we rely on these guys? it has taken years to get our country's banking services to such a level of trustworthiness, but it would take a lot of faith to get me to open up to both services at once.
but on the other hand, what is your experience with them?

PS: i am still looking out for a way past my number bug. that bluetooth keypad stuff sounds cool, but i think the bug has something to do with the app being installed on the wrong platform, because there are several input options available on the pda, apart from the standard keyboard, and i have tried all of them to no avail, but i;ll give it a shot, if i can get it.

eTranzact is like interswitch, only that their services are better. Their mobile application might not be prettier in face value, but it's far better in functionality and ease of installation. I dont need to select any particulkar fone before i install like umobile or zmobile. As long as my fone has java in it their application works on it. i dont even need to logon to the internet before i get it installed on my fone. there is a way they send sms to them and they send the application back to you on ur fone.

you can manipulate your card as you like. They are simpl the best for me man. grin
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Fadajasi(m): 1:46pm On Mar 26, 2008
Those sites aint gning through
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by hayprof(m): 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2008
Fadajasi:

Those sites aint gning through

Nigerian webs' shocked
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Fadajasi(m): 12:48am On Mar 27, 2008
Pls check those sites again
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Fadajasi(m): 12:51am On Mar 27, 2008
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Fadajasi(m): 12:59am On Mar 27, 2008
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Fadajasi(m): 1:01am On Mar 27, 2008
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Gangsta101(m): 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2008
Fadajasi
i'm surprised the sites are not goin thru for u. what i suggest u do is to go to the UBA homepage, look for products and services[i][/i] , click on that, when that page opens, there will be three drop down menus, chck all three until u see umobile, select it. when u get there look for a line that says apply for product and i'm sure u can manage from there.

PS: did anyone get an alert saying this webpage/site is fraudulent? what the hell is happening/
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by honsule(m): 4:14pm On Apr 03, 2008
i have both the skye bank and umobile applications.the problem is that my so called "first bank" is not one of those bank offering mobile banking.
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Fadajasi(m): 6:46pm On Apr 03, 2008
Whats skye bank website pls?
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Donseaun(m): 10:06pm On Apr 03, 2008
Chai! Kpabo 1st bank, *sad*
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Fadajasi(m): 11:09am On Apr 04, 2008
I got the umobile application now
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Fadajasi(m): 11:12am On Apr 04, 2008
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Fadajasi(m): 11:13am On Apr 04, 2008
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Fadajasi(m): 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2008
Where do i get the application gtbank pls?
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by sisqology(m): 12:36am On Jun 08, 2008
Kpabo question
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Fadajasi(m): 6:46pm On Jun 09, 2008
Stupid boy
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by Icon(m): 4:23pm On Jun 25, 2008
@Gangsta101, I suggest you look for Esmertec Jbed. It's a java platform for Windows mobile which is compatible with more applications. I use HTC Touch and that's the one I have on my phone. I can use Umobile conveniently.
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by fanistic(m): 5:05pm On Jun 25, 2008
Can anyone use the celtel em em s in checkin account balance and other functions wit the umobile cos mine doesnt am limited to using sms only
Re: Interswitch Ng Mobilepay (umobile, Z-mobile) by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2008
Just go under your umobile settings and change to gprs only

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Data Usage For The Month Of June / Did Ntel Lie About Their Offer? / How To Add Naira (₦) To Your Conversation On iPhone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.