Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,009 members, 7,821,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni (9380 Views)

2 Arrested For Selling Expired Biscuits In Lagos / Woman Dies After Acid Attack In Benue State (Photo) / 27-yr-old Lady Dies From Boyfriend’s Acid Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by Cosmopolice: 6:11pm On Feb 25, 2013
Naomi Oni was on her way home from work when she was attacked in Dagenham, east London
Two people have been arrested on suspicion of involvement in an acid attack on a woman in east London.

Naomi Oni, 21, had acid thrown in her face after getting off a bus in Lodge Avenue, Dagenham, on 30 December at at 00:40 GMT.

On Friday, a 21-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of being involved in causing grievous bodily harm.

On Sunday, a man aged 28 was taken in for questioning on the same offence, detectives said.

Both have been bailed to return to police, pending further inquiries.

Police said they would like to speak with a potential witness who got on the 368 bus at Barking railway station and got off at Lodge Avenue about five minutes after Miss Oni.

He is described as black, about 20 to 30 years old, 5ft 5in and of medium build. He was wearing a black jacket and a black hooded top with blue jeans.

Miss Oni was making her way home from her job at Victoria's Secret lingerie store in Westfield, Stratford, when she sustained burns to her face.

She has since received skin grafts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21574175
BBC © 2013
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by Mynd44: 6:09am On Feb 26, 2013
Wow
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by Cosmopolice: 7:55am On Feb 26, 2013
Yea people are heartless
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by Born2beRich1(m): 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
Some men can be heartless. He may have acted out of jealousy...

A lesson to all women, shine your eyes well in order to avoid some jealous men...

1 Like

Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by AGgal(f): 1:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
Heartless creatures
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by OmoEziokwu: 1:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
Wicked act! Hopefully the real perpetrators will be caught.

1 Like

Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by iBukas: 1:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
Hartlessss people God go punish them
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by tony1980: 1:46pm On Feb 26, 2013
What goes around comes around because,evil that men do lives after them.
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by Ebestsmscom: 1:47pm On Feb 26, 2013
Wicked^3
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by Ebestsmscom: 1:48pm On Feb 26, 2013
tony1980: What goes around comes around because,evil that men do lives after them.

That was then.

With them pls.
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2013
Love my country. No time wasting. Do the crime, do the time.
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 26, 2013
playah P: Wat is hertless about pouring acid on a bitttttch
Come on yall; she might have even done it to her-self!!

You really need to be interrogated.. Seems you have more information that those Cops need and if you don't I'm afraid you have got some negative attitude. Why is she a bitttttch? what is so hearty about that act? And, WHY would anyone do that to her/himself? You need to pull out of your negative thoughts, common!

1 Like

Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by hardbody: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2013
I thought British Police had ready answers to all problems, so since december, they are still arresting, quizzing and releasing. All these guys that never see anything good about 9ja will not have a reason to castigate the slow process of this investigation. Elsewhere you will hear, it only happens in Nigeria....

2 Likes

Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by Mobsync(m): 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2013
:/
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by CeCeBillz(f): 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2013
sad
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2013
If na for here, the victim name na sorry.
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by coldgate(f): 3:34pm On Feb 26, 2013
@Playah P: Do not fret. It will soon be the turn of your mother and sisters in the village. There is enough wickedness to go round. Idiota.

1 Like

Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by lafuria1(m): 3:40pm On Feb 26, 2013
Very unfortunate, disfigured face for life angry
Well, it wasn't d lady with niqab dat did it but a guy with d hood. This a jelousy attack, man is truly wicked. May God protect us
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by nuelnuel: 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
It's amazing how many people who cannot apply critical thinking to their life,these are the people that go to pastors to ask them whether he is to marry a specific girl and when they are sick they would go to a pastor who would give them immediate answer,you can see someone reported a crime to the police and you wouldn't allow them time for investigation,you want immediate answer,open your eyes!!!
hardbody: I thought British Police had ready answers to all problems, so since december, they are still arresting, quizzing and releasing. All these guys that never see anything good about 9ja will not have a reason to castigate the slow process of this investigation. Elsewhere you will hear, it only happens in Nigeria....
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by hardbody: 4:07pm On Feb 26, 2013
nuelnuel: It's amazing how many people who cannot apply critical thinking to their life,these are the people that go to pastors to ask them whether he is to marry a specific girl and when they are sick they would go to a pastor who would give them immediate answer,you can see someone reported a crime to the police and you wouldn't allow them time for investigation,you want immediate answer,open your eyes!!!

Please spare me that. Where does critical thinking come in here? Do you just bandy words that you just picked up? Somecrime is reported to have happened in December and by last week of February nothin has happened. I am not saying it is yet a bad case, but i am here being comparative as against people like you that see nothing good in Nigeria. THose are the ones who will come out shouting Nigerian police is lazy. How does my comment affect going to church or to your pastor or whatever in double hell you were blabbing about. Keep your attention on the issue at hand and stop deviating. I dont go to churches and i have no business with pastors.
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by creativemusic: 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2013
Re: 2 Arrested For Acid Attack On Naomi Oni by abbeybanks(m): 6:04pm On Feb 26, 2013
Do pray she fines the courage to endure this misfortune in liFe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oyo Prison Break: Amotekun Recaptures Escapee Initially Remanded For Murder / Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) / Man Caught Making Love To A Horse (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.