Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,765 members, 7,955,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:35 PM

Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra (9428 Views)

Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) / Police Arrest Fake Soldier, Truck-load Of Cannabis (pictured) / Police Seize Cynthia Osokogu's Corpse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by itiswell1(m): 6:27am On Sep 21, 2011
Police Seize Lorry Load Of Arms

The Police in Anambra State have seized a cache of arms in a lorry and arrested an arms dealer.

Police seized 100 bags of live cartridges, 15 pump action guns and 12 double-barrel guns.

The operation was led by Assistant Commissioner of Police Bashir Makama, assisted by members of the anti-robbery squad. 

The arms were being conveyed in a Mercedes Benz lorry marked XF 283 FGG before the police, acting on a tip-off, stopped the vehicle.

Arms dealer Paul Odunze, 57, from Umudioka in Dunukofia Local Government, was arrested along with Nwawue Ifionu, the 53- year- old driver of the truck.

Commissioner of Police Muhtari Ibrahim paraded the suspects. He vowed to step up the security in the state and urged the public to continue to provide information for the police.

It was gathered that the arms importer was arrested for possessing illegal arms three years ago when Mr Philemon Leha was Commissioner of Police in the state.

The arms dealer told reporters that he imported the arms for the vigilance groups in the state. But he did not mention the sponsor of the project. He said it was his second trip in arms importation.

The seizure of the arms excited Governor Peter Obi who visited the Police headquarters with his deputy, Emeka Sibeudu.

Obi said his efforts in crime fighting are yielding dividends.

He said: “The first priority of my administration is security and a breakthrough has been made as a result of the cordial relationship between this administration and the police.”

Obi said, “We can not bequeath to our children anarchy, it is dangerous.

“Everybody must sacrifice in building a better society for our children,” he said.

The governor described the importation of arms into the state as shocking.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/20347-police-seize-lorry-load-of-arms.html

Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by brainpulse: 11:50am On Sep 21, 2011
aND THEY ARE SHOUTING bOKO hARAM. iS THE ARMS TO kILL FLIES?
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 21, 2011
The Tribal War is about to begin here, am waiting aside to watch, first person to start a tribal war here admitted he/she have no Brain and must be silly, so let me see the one  grin
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by cold(m): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2011
it is well:

The seizure of the arms excited Governor Peter Obi who visited the Police headquarters with his deputy, Emeka Sibeudu.

Obi said his efforts in crime fighting are yielding dividends.

He said: “The first priority of my administration is security and a breakthrough has been made as a result of the cordial relationship between this administration and the police.”

Obi said, “We can not bequeath to our children anarchy, it is dangerous.

“Everybody must sacrifice in building a better society for our children,” he said.

The governor described the importation of arms into the state as shocking.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/20347-police-seize-lorry-load-of-arms.html

Always quick to take the credit & shift the negatives to his 'detractors'.Mtcheeew
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by cantell(m): 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2011
cold:

Always quick to take the credit & shift the negatives to his 'detractors'.Mtcheeew
No mind the mumu!
Always sitting on the fence.
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by amicdan(m): 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2011
Are you guyz aware that arms are moving into the northern part of nigeria without any form of interception, let there be equity, igbo n yoruba people should also transport armz freely, If war start today no surprise say armz go done flow freely from libya n sudan hence many people go DIE! angry undecided undecided
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2011
amicdan:

Are you guyz aware that arms are moving into the northern part of nigeria without any form of interception, let there be equity, igbo n yoruba people should also transport armz freely, If war start today no surprise say armz go done flow freely from libya n sudan hence many people go DIE! angry undecided undecided
are you planing any?
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2011
God forbid, but the day war will break out in Nigeria, Igbo and Yoruba go hear am. The military is exclusively dominated by the north and they're also beginning to dominate the police force.
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by alaanu(m): 12:55pm On Sep 21, 2011
May it's for fighting Boko Haram as the militants recently vowed.
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 21, 2011
afam4eva:

God forbid, but the day war will break out in Nigeria, Igbo and Yoruba go hear am. The military is exclusively dominated by the north and they're also beginning to dominate the police force.

Including Okada Riding last time i visited
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2011
odiaero:

Including Okada Riding last time i visited

Yeah, they're taking over that industry from Igbos, Efik/Ibibios and Yorubas. Their fare is cheaper and they take you to any destination faster, including heaven or hell. Beware of Aboki Okada riders.
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by chakula: 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2011
It will be there for the reproduction purpose [s]the industry should be there let the police advance the investigation[/s]  i guess.
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by sadyeek(m): 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2011
Are you guyz aware that arms are moving into the northern part of nigeria without any form of interception, let there be equity, igbo n yoruba people should also transport armz freely, If war start today no surprise say armz go done flow freely from libya n sudan hence many people go DIE!  

No I am not aware.
And how do you know this?? Can you provide us with evidencce??
And besides the article says "The arms dealer told reporters that he imported the arms for the vigilance groups in the state". I don't see any mention of north there, or is it just my eyes??

Yeah, they're taking over that industry from Igbos, Efik/Ibibios and Yorubas. Their fare is cheaper and they take you to any destination faster, including heaven or hell. Beware of Aboki Okada riders.

And how is this a bad thing? Last I remembered people say there are ignorant, illitrates and joblessm that's why there causing so much trouble. Now that there trying to become more useful to society its a problem and people should beware of them?? Na wa o!
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by sheyguy: 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2011
odiaero:

The Tribal War is about to begin here, am waiting aside to watch, first person to start a tribal war here admitted he/she have no Brain and must be silly, so let me see the one  grin

U've alreadi started one, Who is going to No 2.
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by udezekene(m): 2:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
Seized a truck load, i just dey laugh. How come the picture shows the truck not the ammunitions??
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by manchy7531: 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2011
God forbid, but the day war will break out in Nigeria, Igbo and Yoruba go hear am. The military is exclusively dominated by the north and they're also beginning to dominate the police  force.

[table]God forbid, but the day war will break out in Nigeria, Igbo and Yoruba go hear am. The military is exclusively dominated by the north and they're also beginning to dominate the police  force.

[/table]

Before the biafran war the north dominated the Nigerian force and the still could not fight biafra without the western power, and by the way libya is an example,with all of Gadahffi's so called army, it took committed civilians to throw him out of power like it took committed biafrans to almost ruin Nigeria for three yrs
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 21, 2011
sheyguy:

U've alreadi started one,  Who is going to No 2.

There is nothing tribal about what i said, as far as i dont name any tribe, so dont use the excuse to try and start one so it wont be on u
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by amicdan(m): 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2011
sadyeek:

No I am not aware.
And how do you know this?? Can you provide us with evidencce??
And besides the article says "The arms dealer told reporters that he imported the arms for the vigilance groups in the state". I don't see any mention of north there, or is it just my eyes??
All am saying is dat there should be equity, d borders up north are f**king porous. undecided undecided
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2011
Northerners in action.armajiri want everybody to be blamed for their selfish interest
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by ayusman16(m): 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2011
Igbos too be members of Boko Haram nah? angry
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by sheyguy: 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2011
anoda solution - Importation of president exportation of citizens (Nigerians)
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by mrewe: 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2011
God has caught up with the man.
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by Fokativ: 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2011
I love Naija
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by mallorca(m): 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by airmark(m): 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2011
it is well:

The Police in Anambra State have seized a cache of arms in a lorry and arrested an arms dealer.

Police seized 100 bags of live cartridges, 15 pump action guns and 12 double-barrel guns.

The operation was led by Assistant Commissioner of Police Bashir Makama, assisted by members of the anti-robbery squad.  

The arms were being conveyed in a Mercedes Benz lorry marked XF 283 FGG before the police, acting on a tip-off, stopped the vehicle.

Arms dealer Paul Odunze, 57, from Umudioka in Dunukofia Local Government, was arrested along with Nwawue Ifionu, the 53- year- old driver of the truck.

Those names sounded like yoruba and hausa names.  grin grin grin  Ibos including odiaero will never dissappoint me.  grin grin grin
b
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by kemmeye: 2:33pm On Sep 21, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

when you said truck little did i no u meant an actual truck
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by sadyeek(m): 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2011
Before the biafran war the north dominated the Nigerian force and the still could not fight biafra without the western power, and by the way libya is an example,with all of Gadahffi's so called army, it took committed civilians to throw him out of power like it took committed biafrans to almost ruin Nigeria for three yrs

Guy, without the help of NATO, qadaffi would have crushed them like roches.,.

Northerners in action.armajiri want everybody to be blamed for their selfish interest

SMH.,.
I can't believe some1 would read the article and still write something like this?
In fact what he says is exactly right, but the other way around. Blaming other people.,.

All am saying is dat there should be equity, d borders up north are f**king porous.

I get your point and I totally agree.
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2011
odiaero:

airmark:

Those names sounded like yoruba and hausa names.  grin grin grin  Ibos including odiaero will never dissappoint me.  grin grin grin
b

Here goes the Award winner
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by hardbody: 2:57pm On Sep 21, 2011
Well, if the arms were meant for robbers, too bad. But if my people are trying to ensure that the mistakes of Ojukwu are not repeated. for those who either do not understand or have conveniently chosen to forget, the history books tell me that in the days preceding the Nigerian/Biafran Civil war, soldiers of Eastern origin dropped all their guns before they got a pass to travel to their part of the country, meanwhile their Northern counterparts kept their guns. This way, when the war first started witht he first gun shots at Garkem in Ogoja axis, the men manning the biafran border along that axis simply fled in panic because they had only matchetes.

If this is true (as i assume it is having read about this in several journals), then i can understand the hausa man that intercepted the lorry. THey will do everything within their power to ensure that that when the war starts ( as i am almost sure it will), they the northerners will again have the unfair advantage of decimating the southerners. Meanwhile, i will like to then see the faces of all who are here justifying the interception, while guns, ammunition and different forms of war armaments are being surreptitiously stockpiled up north. No be hia we dey? sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by atasteve: 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
Lord have mercy on this land shocked
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2011
This is more like Civil war!!! Gen genn, !!! shocked
Re: Police Seize Truck Load Of Ammunition In Anambra by airmark(m): 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ Odiaero, thanks for the award. I would also like to know the type of business you also do. An average Ibo man is a 'business man' when you ask them of their occupation. We already know the type of businesses you guys do and brag around. No wonder, most of armed robbery cases in Lagos are perpetrated by ibos. Just use those arms in anambra to kill yourselves, dont come to south-west. Wicked animals. angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking Video Shows Beheading Of The CAN Chairman - Graphic / Nigerian Man Killed His Only Son For Being Stubborn / Oyo Prison Break: Amotekun Recaptures Escapee Initially Remanded For Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.