Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Prisoners Of War - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Prisoners Of War (39032 Views)

We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) / Woman Of War --- A Story By Miss_fibre / Prisoner Of War - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prisoners Of War by ERF: 12:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
Eze Promoe: Seunplus No that's not true.

Hmmmm. . God is watching you ..

Oya come update naa
Re: Prisoners Of War by Silvarose(f): 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
Abeg oga eze when is d next update oooo. Cos i cant wait again.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 3:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
Reaching the playground where the festival was holding, he was overwhelmed with shock. The shock of how scanty the place was looking. He couldn't believe what he saw with his eyes, the place that was filled once with villagers and other spectators from the neighbouring villages.
Though he could hear noise of what seemed to be that of controversy, he wasn't concerned about that, it could be that of passers-by.
The day had been a big disappointment, no thanks to the 'old monster' that had come and put to ramshackle an occasion that cost time and fortune.
He was however for the second time moved by the sound of controversy heard from the same direction. He overheard his name been mentioned, and then the voice of Uju which he wouldn't forget in a jiffy how melodious it sounded. It was now obvious that his attention was needed as soon as possible, so he made himself present there.

They say love is like a parcel and emotion, its seal. There is no better way to send a parcel to a special person without the seal on it, unless you want others to have a feel of what you intended to make a surprise. In other words, emotion makes love stronger.
But it was an interesting midnight of drama, which was starred by the ever-beautiful duo of Akwanwa and Uju. Many spectators and eyewitnesses, mostly those who'd also been in the occasion ground.
Uju and Akwanwa, right from birth, have never had any quarrel, not to talk of a feud of this sort.
It started when Akwanwa was been decorated to appear before Ifenna as his chosen wife. Uju had already dressed herself in the same bridal regalia and matching forward to present herself as Ifenna's bride. It was told Akwanwa and then she got furious and went before her to stop her from going any further.
Uju felt angry and embarrassed and perplexed,

"Akwanwa, what's the meaning of this?"

"Go and present yourself to Aneke, and leave this place," she said disdainfully, "you're not needed here."

"Do I look to you like someone you can scare out of here? Loser." she returned her disdain.

"You think Ifenna is not aware of your affairs with his archrival, Aneke? You see, friend, there is an easier way to avoid the shame and disgrace of open rejection." she looked straight into her eyes and said in low tune, "see, Ifenna is coming, you have to sneak out now."

"You think I'll do that? You are too desperate for my liking. Just be quiet while he comes."
Nwabiala was also present there, but she had been mute just like everyone else. She knew that the ladies would be mature enough to handle their differences non-violently. The duo had always find way to disengage from a duel involving them. So it would be a really interesting what a rare clash between these two would turn out to be.
Ifenna soon arrived, and his shock wasn't hidden either. There were many people there, men, women and teens, possibly, from those who might have came from the party, making there scanty.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
He directed his gaze towards Akwanwa and then to Uju and then back to the first, in a continuous manner.

"Ifenna, you never told us about your intention to marry two wives," one of the elderly men, an ichie, present there asked him with his eyes fixed at him.

"No. My father married only one wife, so also my grandfather." he shook his head vehemently, "I don't think I'm ready to go against that."
That wasn't convincingly enough, it was still expected of him to make a candid choice if he was really going to go by his word. Everyone's gaze was fixed on him in anticipation of whom he would choose. Akwanwa posed gracefully before Ifenna, with hands akimbo, and cheerful smile. Meanwhile, Uju stuck with her modesty, she wasn't ready to put on some spurious ostentation, though it wouldn't be far from the fact that she wasn't on the best of her regalia. She begrudged her self-confidence and narcissism which might have given her an upper hand if (like she thought) Ifenna would even have any interest in her. She and Ifenna had wonderful time together, and to her, Akwanwa was trying too hard to impress him. Even if the two might have had anything on between, it wouldn't be as deep as hers.
Ifenna was taking too long to take decision, and everyone was running out of patience including the elders. One of them had to voice out,

"Ifenna, it is midnight and we have to sleep, we can't wait for you forever to confirm one of these girls."

"Did I come here with anybody else in mind?" he said looking deep into the man's eye, "who did we go to pay her brideprice?"

"Oho!" Nwabiala said triumphantly.

"I am not going to marry a traitor or someone who have given herself to the chief enemy of this kingdom, nor a backstabber." he said meanly. Uju didn't see herself been told this unkind words until Ifenna went close to Akwanwa and embraced her firmly instead of her, and there was and there was a round of ovation.
Uju felt debilitated in her spirit, she didn't whether to break into tears or even run mental. She wasn't even sure if her eyes were seeing the right thing, but her ears were there to attest to what her eyes have seen.
She had to leave there hurriedly before her heartbreak would turn to outburst.
Some of Akwanwa's friends jeered her as she left, Uju didn't listen to whatever they said against her lest she would be tempted to spit curse on them.
Everything about the ceremony had already ended, some had already fallen asleep. Everyone matched in groups to their home for security purpose.
Re: Prisoners Of War by ERF: 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
Whaaaaaat??!!

You see someone after a while, all you've got is to make conclusions? ?

I'm disappointed!

Ifenna is too Ezepromoic for my liking . . .angry
Re: Prisoners Of War by Tonia500(f): 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2013
Ahhhhi!!!!!! See wahala if it was me,i pity ifenna that day,nt all i have bin trough becos of him.
Re: Prisoners Of War by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
E<R>F:
Whaaaaaat??!!

I'm disappointed!

Gbam
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 9:37pm On Oct 01, 2013
E<R>F:
Whaaaaaat??!!

I'm disappointed!

I wanted to reciprocate this by fussing your name in but how do I do that with your moniker that is nameless? Maybe I should say he's too ERFic also sad
But I'm convinced that he's suffering from the effect of damexesis cheesy

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNZBJRKztm5SeAhd8MDoc2GGGdfb6hDtlUuGnwbcImbeKMBrXc_cJrnlw[/img]
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
Tonia500: Ahhhhi!!!!!! See wahala if it was me,i pity ifenna that day,nt all i have bin trough becos of him.
Will you kill him?

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNZBJRKztm5SeAhd8MDoc2GGGdfb6hDtlUuGnwbcImbeKMBrXc_cJrnlw[/img]
Re: Prisoners Of War by ERF: 9:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
Eze Promoe:
I wanted to reciprocate this by fussing your name in but how do I do that with your moniker that is nameless? Maybe I should say he's too ERFic also sad
But I'm convinced that he's suffering from the effect of damexesis cheesy

grin grin

Somebody prophesied that she'd marry Ifenna... It must happen.! Or else. .
Re: Prisoners Of War by Tonia500(f): 5:49am On Oct 02, 2013
grin grin
Eze Promoe:
Will you kill him?

i will kill him and kil my self,let us go and get married at the other side.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 7:57am On Oct 02, 2013
The dark night in Umudioga was stricken with horror, from sounds coming from all kinds of nocturnal birds. Some of them were believed to be voices of spirits in the forests, but it took only a brave man to go on along a lonely road without the fear of the unknown.
Ifenna and Akwanwa had walked miles from the playground which was far from their house. They had already gone past the house of everyone who had walked with them from the playground.
In the dark they chuckled lightly as they moved along, discussing in hush tone chatting down the lonely path. They were not in a hurry to get home, they enjoyed every single time they spent chatting, laughing and föndling like they haven't seen each other for several years. Their discussion had thus transcended into a deeper one. They were no longer talking about animals, festivals but now love. Ifenna, as expected, initiated it advancing in front of her, patting her cheek with his hands.

"You no what, Akwanwa?" she stylishly bent her head against one side of her neck, in anticipation of what his next word would be. Even if she didn't ask with her mouth, it was obvious that the had the look of "what" in her eyes.
"You are the most beautiful girl on this earth."
She smiled gracefully and reciprocated his gestures towards her to him.

"Ifenna, you know what?"

"What?"

"Its midnight and we're still on the road, lets get home first." they laughed, and stood back parallel to each other and walked back the way holding each other closely.
Soon as they got closer to home, they heard footsteps in surrounding bushes, their laughter quickly faded. Could that have been an animal, maybe possibly a wild one, because no normal human being would keep up that late even in the bush. Ifenna tried not to believe that it was a spirit that was doing that. He didn't totally believed in the existence of such since he hadn't seen one apart from the ones he sees in his dream, about dead people speaking to him.

"Take it easy, don't panic," he reassured her, "my amulet will serve the two of us."

"I'm not afraid, you should the one to be afraid," she said with partial confidence. Ifenna stood out of the places close to the bush to the middle way of the path.

"Akwanwa, they are human beings o," Ifenna said panicking, "they are after us." She spread her legs like she was posing for a wrestle, now it was her turn to restore confidence to her lover,

"Don't worry, my love, I will not allow anything happen to you. Leave it to me."

"No, its not your responsibility but mine to take care of you. Don't refuse my offer." Ifenna was insistent, so Akwanwa relinquished the lead to him, allowing him handle the matter his own ways.
Just as they were looking here and there to be on the guard, the loudness of the footsteps grew and they were frighten. Someone fell on Ifenna from up the tree with full gravity, drawing out his knife at the process, at quick interval, but Ifenna was lucky to have dodged that. It was obvious that the assailant had targeted his belly but luckily he had dodged that first blow. Ifenna hope was half-restored because the assailant lost his weapon and was looking for it, he looked around and Akwanwa was nowhere to be found. He thought it the right time to escape but too late for him, more assailants sprang up from the bushes and the pounced on him. Ifenna thought he had seen a dragon also pouncing on him at the same time, and fell unconscious.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 7:59am On Oct 02, 2013
Ifenna, if he waked up would think it was hallucination, but what appeared before him was real. The weird creature wasn't after him after all, it took an instantaneous attack on the men. They attempted taking a bow shot on it, but it swung in reverse angle, and came in full force, forcing them to a concession. The creature struck at the spot, two of them who tried to back out from the fight.
All the archers were soon down to five men, who were just fighting for their survival in a forced battle.
It was now glaring to them that they were fighting a lost battle, and their use of weapon was needless because it had no effect on the wild creature. What foolishness it was for a mortal to fight an immortal with physical weapon.
One after the other, the creature struck its opponents with fire from its mouth until it had wiped them all.
It was now Ifenna regained consciousness, he opened his eyes to see that same creature that went past him before unconsciousness, go back again, the sight of it made his liver cut, it was horror to behold. He tried standing to his feet to hurriedly leave the horrific scene but he couldn't. His groins were and ankle were badly injured but there was no joint that was sprained.
He forced himself to crawl all the way into Ararume's compound. The door of the house was locked from inside when he tried pushing it open. He called on Akwanwa from outside but there was no response. It was later that Nwabiala had to come out from inside to know who could be knocking at the door at such ungodly hour. She went stumbering on objects because it was dark inside, until she was able to scamper on the door hold.

"Who is knocking at this ungodly hour of the night?" she barked.

"Ifenna."
On hearing him, she let out a sigh of relief and opened the door for him. She was surprised that her daughter wasn't there with him.

"Where is Akwanwa?" she was first to ask the same question Ifenna had in mind to ask.

"I wanted to ask you the same question."
Nwabiala wasn't very sure of what she heard. Could he be saying in another word that her daughter is missing? The same Akwanwa whom they had left smiling and laughing with him. She thought that maybe they'd spent the night at his house that was why she hadn't been bothered.

"What are you trying to tell me? That my Akwanwa disappeared into thin air?" she queried with hands akimbo, as far as she was concerned, he was saying nothing sensible, maybe joking.

"Actually we were coming back on our way and we got attacked by some armed men."

"And then?" she gripped him firmly in fear.

"I'm here!" Akwanwa said coming out from one of their farms, Nwabiala went and held her closely. Ifenna was as well surprised but was hushed by Akwanwa's eye gesture.

"Was this suppose to be a prank or what?"
Ifenna was to narrate the whole incident that took place but Akwanwa hushed him again.

"It was a prank mama."

"Please stop that it's not funny at all." she said and went back to sleep.
Akwanwa giggled silently while Ifenna watched how she lied to her mother, and pretending that nothing happened. This was really a serious matter, not to let die down. He just luckily escaped death and here is she saying that it was just a prank. He thought of going to her mother himself and narrating the whole story but he, on a second thought, decided not to go against Akwanwa's wish. But he still had questions to ask,

"Where did you go?" he didn't wait for an answer to that before he quickly snapped in, "Did you see that weird creature like a dragon?"

"A dragon?"

"Yes, a dragon."

"In your dream?"

"Not in my dream, but with my two nåked eyes!" he said waving his hands across his eyes.

"No, I don't believe you."

"Akwanwa, you need to believe me, what I saw was real, infact as I stood up I saw dead men all around me presumably those who attacked me." he said maniacally and solemnly. Akwanwa squinted one eyes while she shrugged,

"Maybe the gods fought for you because they had a reason for you to be alive." They were still with their words in their mouth when Nwabiala called from inside for them to go to bed.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 8:02am On Oct 02, 2013
Tonia500: grin grin i will kill him and kil my self,let us go and get married at the other side.
And if he refuses to marry you there, una go enter third world abi cheesy
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 8:04am On Oct 02, 2013
E<R>F:

grin grin

Somebody prophesied that she'd marry Ifenna... It must happen.! Or else. .
You go rewind time abi cheesy
Re: Prisoners Of War by ERF: 9:04am On Oct 02, 2013
Eze Promoe:
You go rewind time abi cheesy

Prophecies don't lie, it must come to pass.

But this one that Akanwa had becomed a dragon, don't you think it would have deffects?

Hmmmmmm...! I pity her

So wetin make Uju crush come dey send assailants go meet Ifenna wen don chose another girl now?
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 9:48am On Oct 02, 2013
E<R>F:

Prophecies don't lie, it must come to pass.

But this one that Akanwa had becomed a dragon, don't you think it would have deffects?

Hmmmmmm...! I pity her

So wetin make Uju crush come dey send assailants go meet Ifenna wen don chose another girl now?

Too many ajuju o.
Re: Prisoners Of War by Tonia500(f): 11:01am On Oct 02, 2013
Eze Promoe:
And if he refuses to marry you there, una go enter third world abi cheesy
anywhere we go he must marry me oh
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
[size=14pt]21[/size]

The hot morning sun felt like it was it unleashed its fury on Inene while she trekked all along to Aro. She had told Agumba that she was going to see her friend but she had in mind to escape and never come back. She hated how Agumba intimidated them like they were his slaves, and the worst of all, he made Ulumma, who had done nothing against him, dumb. That was the part that pained her the most.
Ulumma, who was pregnant, had been going through the pains of maternity and Agumba had added disability to it. How could someone who claims to be a mediator between the gods and mortals practise despotism even when he has no kingdom ruling. She'd never known Agumba to be this kind of man, because he always appeared to be a kind hearted, judging from the way he treated the sick. He would come to administer treatment to somebody in Ozalla all the way from Aro and would not collect a cowrie. Too unlearned of her that she had to define such ostentation as kindness.
Left for her, she would have confronted him, but that would be as good as suicide.
She kept pondering on this until she got back to Agumba's place. She was only coming back to this place only because of Ulumma, Agumba didn't let her to go out with her because she might escape with them. His fear wasn't far from the truth because that was the plan made by the two girls. What he did was to diabolically make Ulumma turn down her invitation to come with her. Inene had threatened after much argument that she would never come back again, but for sisterly love and for someone concerned, she opted to defy her vow and come back for her newly found friend and sister.

Agumba's compound was very quiet like graveyard, noone was around.
Ulumma saw herself been saddled with the responsibility of cleaning the wide compound, not forgetting what she was carrying in her. She felt her life shattered and the end of world ended.
What was the need for living, when someone is been subjected to such slavery. She reminisced one again her life, how she was born into a wealthy family and now to someone with no home, no family, no friend. Is there any reason for living?
Tears filled her eyes as she an alternative to life, looking left, right and centre to see if anyone was passing. She thought of what to do as to end the miserable life that has brought her so much pain. The life that had turned her from a princess to a slave.
She'd sometimes wonder if she was actually Ulumma, the pretty daughter of Ararume, one of Umudioga's richest men, a second in command next to the royal lineage. What has life brought to her? She has no home, no family, no friend. Talking about friends, Uju, her only surviving sister whom she could bank her own trust in if there be noone else, wanted her dead. Agumba whom she thought was her last resort, having saved her from destitution had practically proven how valueless she worth in his eyes by making her dumb, this part pained her the most.

1 Like

Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
Was she going to remain like this? Inene too, had left her, she didn't know how Inene did left, only what she could remember was how her and Inene planned to leave the four walls of that dungeon of a house. Could Inene too, like her sister, have betrayed her and left without sending any message to her?
And oh, the baby, whom she had been bearing the pains, carrying to and fro under such suffering.
In summation, a destitute, a mother to a bàstard and a dumb all equates to no life.
She wept bitterly as she opt for some strings of tow snaps interwoven like hair embroider, in a way that it would also thick and tensile to go swinging with her body in between heaven and earth.
What thought she bore, terminating her life, the one that has caused much sorrow.
It was now action time, and not time for thoughts. She bore sorrow in her heart and pain as she reminisced once again the life she had lived, the good and the bad, which the later was the prevalent.
She remembered that she had forgotten something. The log of wood she would use as a step to get to the branch where she would take the final resort.
She closed her eyes so tight so that she could summon the morale to embark on the journey to the land of the dead. It wasn't really easy for someone of her type who'd always dreaded death from childhood, though the phobia diminished with time, but traces of death phobia still lingered.
The courage suddenly came from nowhere, while she made her way close to the branch of the ugiri tree step by step, as she had arranged the log of wood, defying the discomfort of her protruded stomach, until she got to the peak of the steps.
Hastily, she made the woven rope go past round her neck, and gently she let the wood on the top roll off its support and she close her eyes in the land of mortals to re-open it in the land of the spirit.
She was suppose to be in the spirit world sitting next to her father, mother, brothers and sister, but she was still feeling the rope tied across her neck, and her leg wasn't free either, someone was holding her legs pushing it upwards making the rope ensemblement loose on her neck. She thought she even heard her name been mentioned,

"Ulumma please, don't do it. Come down please." the voice pleaded.
She manage a squint below her, it was still that same girl, Inene again. She would always be the one to stop her on a mission like this.
Her throat was already hurting, and tight as if been stocked with foam. It was as a result of the minuscule moment she had swung before the saviour, or rather the obstacle came in between her and death.
Agumba was seen from afar coming back, Inene gestured him to come to their rescue. He saw them, though not knowing what was going on between one person on the tree and the other beneath her.
He ran speedily like he had never done before, the closer he got, the more glaring of what he had seen from afar became. Was it actually Ulumma trying to commit suicide? For what reasons?
Hastily, he ascended the ugiri tree, with quick pace and untied the rope. The gravity of Ulumma's weight was telling on Inene's stamina and on the balance of the log of woods. And like a poorly constructed hut, they crashed on the floor.
Inene was injured but whatever the injury it was nothing compared to someone's life she had saved.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
Don't fail to vote this story for the Literature Awards in Action & Romance Category.
Re: Prisoners Of War by sambroose(m): 3:27pm On Oct 04, 2013
Nice one Eze , but dz story is been twisted beyond my understanding, you once told us that Agumba was ulumma n uju brother, who was lost, you said dat Agumba has some supernatural powers. My question is can't he use his supernatural power to detect that the poor little brat name ulumma is his sister
Re: Prisoners Of War by ERF: 5:14pm On Oct 04, 2013
^^

That's the thriller; though he never mentioned Agumba being the brother of Uju. I guess that was your thought.

To my own understanding, Agumba is a spirit in the body of Uju's brother. He would only found out letter on to his bewilderment OR he knew about it, but waiting for the appointed time OR not sure yet.

Anyway we go know lerra...

No fear Eze. . .
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2013
sambroose: Nice one Eze , but dz story is been twisted beyond my understanding, you once told us that Agumba was ulumma n uju brother, who was lost, you said dat Agumba has some supernatural powers. My question is can't he use his supernatural power to detect that the poor little brat name ulumma is his sister

Chillax bro. You are predicting the story because I've never linked Agumba to Uju and Ulumma. Besides, the name of their lost brother is Agunna not Agumba.
Trust me, there are so many interesting revelations that would arise in the next update. But feel the suspense while the story last.
cool
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 6:01pm On Oct 04, 2013
E<R>F:
^^

That's the thriller; though he never mentioned Agumba being the brother of Uju. I guess that was your thought.

To my own understanding, Agumba is a spirit in the body of Uju's brother. He would only found out letter on to his bewilderment OR he knew about it, but waiting for the appointed time OR not sure yet.

Anyway we go know lerra...

No fear Eze. . .
My guy, you too much cool
You beat me to it
Re: Prisoners Of War by ERF: 6:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
You know say na we dey believe say the spiritual rules over the physical naa. . grin
Re: Prisoners Of War by Tonia500(f): 10:05pm On Oct 04, 2013
Eze plomoe thumbs up cheesy
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 10:11am On Oct 05, 2013
Uju was still muddled by the turnout of events at Umudioga, how she was openly rejected by Ifenna, and to her complete nailing, Akwanwa was made the crowned princess right before her. Not forgetting the insult she'd also from the disrespectful follow.
Akwanwa, on the other hand, had threatened to eject her and Aneke out of the palace and Ifenna kept mute, only nodding in concurrence. She had nothing to do with Aneke and yet they took it like she was already his wife.
Now, she knew better who the better enemy was. Akwanwa. She had stolen Ifenna from her, she is going to do all in her power to frustrate their union. The only way this plot could be actualized was to be at the helm of power.
Now Aneke's proposal comes to mind. Though she had turn him down severally even amidst prostration and pleading. She hated herself for playing so hard to please, thereby making a man in the calibre of Aneke prostrate before her. Here is someone who loved her very much and would be ready to give her anything she wishes to get. She didn't know if she would be able to reciprocate such magnitude of love shown by the son of the late king. She would give a try.

Going into the palace, she received a cold welcome from the palace workers. She wondered what happened that the face of almost everyone was moody, she didn't bother to ask anyone what the matter was but she proceeded to where she was sure Aneke would be.
Uju sauntered round the edifice, looking for him. He was suppose to be at his comfort zone, which is the shade he built under a fruitless ukwa tree. Since the tree couldn't bear seeds, he chose to make it a shade because hewing down of the tree could have some spiritual implication.
The last place he could be was either on his throne or his room, if he wasn't out on a reginal assignment.
She headed straight to the room and she ran into his troublesome sister once again. Olieze eye was dilated in surprise and then winced back tightly in anger.
Why would this 'man hunter' not stay away from her brother's life, she thought. She still felt that Uju killed her brother, Mba, and she still bore that in heart, now it is her only brother left. She has to do something to stop her.
She crossed her arms to stop her from proceeding,

"You can't go further, the king is not in good health to see anyone now."

"That is why I've come to pay a visit." Uju replied with a look of disdain.

"And I say your presence is repulsive to the king."

"I'm sure he wants to see me."

"I said you can't enter here," she said stubbornly.

"If you block me, I will push you to the mud," while she was still talking she went in pushing her away from the door. Olieze rushed to draw her back but she pushed her in a way she stumbled roughly upon her feet, almost falling to the ground. Uju locked the door behind her leaving the poor girl throwing jibes at her,

"You murderer, man-hunter, reprobate, witch, bastärd, destitute" and so many others she could think of.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 10:15am On Oct 05, 2013
Aneke felt a bit relieved seeing Uju coming to him. Though he didn't expect her presence, he hoped it will all turn out for good this time.
Uju expressed concerned about his ailment,

"What happened to you," she asked softly.

"You made me sick, Uju. You decided to take me as nothing, and I will have to be what you've made me to be."
She expected such response, therefore she wasn't surprised by his reply. If what he said is the problem, then there she was with the much needed solution.

"Is that the only reason why you have been sick?" she asked once again even though it wasn't necessary for her to ask.

"Yes, that only. Nothing else. Uju you won't understand how I feel right inside me every single time you reject me." he said as he rose from his bed energetically with enthusiastic advance.

"I know very well how you feel, more than anyone else, but you don't have to get yourself sick because of me. You have the kingdom too remember."

"My kingdom is nothing to me without you, you are my kingdom, and everything. Please, be my wife, I beg you with everything on this world," he said looking deeply into her eyes. She lost her strenght of refusal this time around, but still she wasn't going to give him a direct answer.

"Alright, why not get well first for your wife," she said patting his neck down across his spine. Aneke was turned on, and his body response appeared stupid.

"You, you, you will marry me?" he stuttered.

"I wasn't saying about myself," she beat his shoulder gently, "I was talking about your wife." she said in a tone that changed his mood suddenly. He fell back on his bed facing the wall in sadly. Uju put in sharply,

"Don't get upset, my king. I was talking about your wife that is sitting before you." Aneke's face lit up once again as he chuckled to himself stood up from his bed with much energy like he never experienced sickness of any sort in the first place. He suddenly graduated into laughter where he praised himself,

"YES! YES! I'm now a fulfilled man. She agrees to marry me." he lifted his right hand above his head as Uju watched him also smiling at his excitement, "O land of Ozalla and Umudioga, here comes your king and your queen," he pointed to Uju has he drew her up from the bed and gave her a long lasting hug. He felt like not letting her part from him. Uju, however didn't ask for a pull off, she remained clinged to his body until he was willing to let her go.
Aneke soon released her but not fully, he still held her by the waist, still staring into her beautiful eyes.

"Uju, you are very beautiful." he said softly.

"Thank you, my lord," she said with a smile.
There was still another moment of silence as Aneke took a up to down, back and front view of the exquisitely made damsel, whose beauty could be likened to that of only a goddess.
Uju broke the silence,

"My lord, I heard you refused to eat, and you must be hungry now, what should I serve you."

"No, princess, my maids would be preparing something."
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 10:17am On Oct 05, 2013
"What is wrong if your wife prepares something special for you?" she said guyishly, "I'm going to make it delicious so that you will know the calibre of woman that you are showing to your people." she exit the room for the kitchen immediately.
Not too long, someone came knocking belligerently on the closed doors. The door was too hard though by knocking just with the knuckle, except the fist is involved, but yet this shouldn't guarantee such disrespect. Aneke was worried about what could be chasing a rabbit in the daytime. That kind of knock on the door can't come from a guard of the palace.
He needed to be leery of himself and the entire household, it could be one of those enemies, possibly from Umudioga, who had come to attack him. He was very aware that his father had garnered much opposition from many villages, and any could be hunting for his head.
He rushed to the pillow side of his bed and drew out his sword from the sheath lying there, and tiptoed back to the door. Carefully he unlocked the door bolt and let it slide open gently as he held his sword at alert.
The door was jammed open, and the person behind it staggered with the door. Aneke expressed anger,

"Olieze!" he screamed, "are you mad?"
She mooched furiously from side to side, biting her lips.

"Where is that witch? Let her come out and face me." she chestbeat.

"I hope you are not refering to my wife as witch?" Now she didn't hear that very well. Did he just say his wife?

"Your wife?"

"And the queen of our kingdom." he said smiling. He called Uju aloud for her to come to where he was. She was already adorned beautifully in beads and sequined palatial apparel. He crossed his arm round her shoulder and she let out a sardonic smile at Olieze, the one that debilitated her spirit. Her brother didn't make things any better with his rules.

"You've had your fair share of comfort as the head princess. Now, you have to tune down your authority and accord Uju the maximum respect as the head queen."
That was the worst thing she ever heard her brother say to her. She grew red over his command, that was really absurd and there was nothing to consider in it.

"Over my dead body!" she walked out of their presence.
Aneke looked back at Uju pat her and rest her head back at his shoulder,

"Ignore what she said or did, she will soon get used to it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." After a short pause he said again, "I will summon the elders here this evening and inform them of my intention." he smiled.

"That will be very nice." after saying she frowned her face.

"What?"

"Won't I look inferior?"

"Shhh! Don't say that. You look superior even amongst spirits." Uju laughed loud, but she was cut short by a guard who worked in.

"My king, the princess is leaving with all her belongings."

"To where?" he asked bemused.

"To her mother's place in Aro." he looked around and thought of what next to say.

"Let her go!"
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 10:18am On Oct 05, 2013
Thanks for following cool
Re: Prisoners Of War by Teespice(f): 10:33am On Oct 05, 2013
I love this. Thanks so much.

Oya take e-hugs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Story] My First And Last Sex With My Sugar Mummy – Episode 1 / Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net / Cold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.