Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

2015: I’ll Go To The N’assembly–akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: I’ll Go To The N’assembly–akpabio (663 Views)

Ojukwu Never Believed I’ll Go To War Over Biafra — Gowon / Ojukwu Never Believed I’ll Go To War Over Biafra — Gowon / Legislators Agree To Belt-tightening, Cut N’assembly’s Budget By 25%-thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: I’ll Go To The N’assembly–akpabio by Pvin: 12:54am On Feb 26, 2013
As Nigerians continue to speculate on the political future of second term governors, Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godswill Akpabio has reiterated his desire to contest election into the National Assembly in 2015. The governor restated the plan at the weekend inLagos at the annual The Sun Awards. Akpabio, alongside 20 other governors would finish their second term as governors in 2015, after which they would no longer beeligible to contest for the office of governor.
While paying tributes to the Speaker, House of Representative, Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal forwinning the coveted The Sun Man of the Yearfor 2012, the Akwa Ibom State governor said he was motivated by the Speaker in the way the latter has being piloting the affairs of the House. “Even as a governor, I look up to you that is why I am coming to the National Assembly.
What the award shows tonight is that democracy is becoming deepened. We are deepening democracy in Nigeria,” he said. Akpabio, who was the Sun Man of the year for 2011, commended the integrity of the award, saying he had wished that he would win the award for 2012 and keep it for one more year. He said the The Sun Man of the Year award was one award in the country, which was bestowed on recipients purely on merit. According to him: “This is one award that I can point out that nobody lobbies for.
I didn’t not lobby for the award when I was given last year, and I am sure you did not lobby for it. This is a truth. Nigerians needs toknow this. So for that, I have to congratulate the publisher and management of The Sun. “Iam very sad to handover this award. I have hoped I will keep it for at least another one year. In fact, when I told my wife that I have to be here to handover this award, she said I was not coming.
I said you can’t keep it forever. The Sun will have to shine on other homes. Tonight, the Sun is shining on the National Assembly of Nigeria.” He said the award was an honour to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that produced Tambuwal as Speaker, stating that through his comportment, integrity and administrative acumen, the Speaker had beenable to convince Nigerians that there was hope for the country.

Re: 2015: I’ll Go To The N’assembly–akpabio by inspirenet: 5:04am On Feb 26, 2013
Thumbs up

smiley
Re: 2015: I’ll Go To The N’assembly–akpabio by ITbomb(m): 6:33am On Feb 26, 2013
You should learn when to shut up, you are already over confident
Re: 2015: I’ll Go To The N’assembly–akpabio by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 26, 2013
I hope that will be the National Assembly of the Niger-Delta republic and/or Biafra? We pray that the country breaks up (peacefully) before 2015
Re: 2015: I’ll Go To The N’assembly–akpabio by RichDad1(m): 8:17am On Feb 26, 2013
Bros, you don even sure say u go dey Alive come 2015?

(1) (Reply)

Abia Politics Gets Messier As…t.a. Orji Moves To Revoke Kalu’s ABSU Degree / APC: A Third Association With Similar Acronym Has Emerged. / The Lesson We Must Learn From The " Oga At The Top" Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.