Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,570 members, 7,955,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:13 PM

Fallen Woman. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fallen Woman. (624 Views)

Continuation of "FALLEN" Photol Novel Uploaded A Love Story by browngarri / >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) / The Angele Of The Fallen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fallen Woman. by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 26, 2013
This is my first time writing a story... bear with me if it bores the living daylight out of you, but please kindly tell me areas where i should try to improve on.

There is something about forbidden fruits that makes it irresistibly alluring, makes you want it with maniacal fervor, they seem to possess a special sort of magnet with hidden vises that draws you nearer, making you want to touch, to behold, to live the thrill of tasting that which you should not, to disobey so that you can prove a point, as a teenager that you have come of age, it need not be shouted at rooftops that you can run your own dig, you can handle yourself and make tough decisions.
I wish my sister would just shut up, a precocious little thing that one, always goes about telling ears that give a listen “I have reached the age of reasoning” whenever she starts, her naiveté seems to shout beneath her olive skin, that is not the case with me, I have really come of age, and I am tired of being unnecessarily shackled to fathers shoe strings..

I come a very religious home, we are Christians my family, but our type is a very orthodox type, if you saw us in service, you would think that Moses has come back to earth, there’s almost no difference between Judaism and our own religion, Father is Eleazar, mother is Aimelech, Jesus is Yeshiva, a collection of odd and quaint values, all in a bid to attain spirituality and escape what the elders in the church call ‘tremisse’ total Godlessness steeped in religion, we do not celebrate any holidays, no birthdays, no anniversary’s, weddings are always a drab affair, for no color is allowed in our lives, they the elders fear that when there is too much color we would forget the way of Jehovah, the way of the church is absolute, punishment and penance Is the way to God… forgiveness thoroughly eschewed.

When I was really younger, I asked my father why there was no longer a paradise here on earth for Gods children, why did we have to suffer and toil, I knew the answer, I had read a portion of the Bible that explained that stuff to me, but I wanted to hear from fathers mouth because he had a way of explaining everything my mind couldn’t yet hold and comprehend. The most amazing thing happened right before me, his eyes became bellows, flushed with hot air and full of impending doom that characterized such change of face for him.
‘It’s all Eve’s fault… my father said,
“She committed the original sin”,
“She led Adam, Man astray”
She disobeyed, she ate the fruit, and she made God turn his back on his darling creatures…. “Eve, oh Eve, Cursed be thou” he said with barely a whisper, “and cursed is me the day I Sire a fallen woman” he said at last and then his massive chest deflated, he collapsed onto the settee and I rushed to get him a glass of water, he hurriedly gulped down a second, a third and was going to request the fourth when I suggested he go take a bath and relax himself, the vitriolic outburst it seemed sapped him of energy in monumental proportions. In my heart I prayed “Jehovah, let there be not another day like this”

It was so surreal in my eyes, but that day, because of my father’s display of intense hatred for Eve, I unintentionally imbued a savage loathing for Eve, Eve in my mind was the most vile of creatures, maybe a mistake in Jehovah’s master plan, a fleck of ill thought, the thought Jehovah may have made a mistake sent me into brief periods of intense agony, I was Blaspheming, in our circles there is no slight greater than this.
“I must be careful” I told myself, “Elders can read thoughts”

TO BE CONTINUED.

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Good Writer / Multi-talented- A Friend Said / Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.