Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Ice Cream Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ice Cream Recipe (3131 Views)

(PHOTO) Introducing New Recipe- GREEN EBA A.k.a 'ebbage'. / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks / Shop Sells Human bosom Milk Ice-cream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ice Cream Recipe by donpy(m): 2:40am On Feb 26, 2013
Pls can some1 help me out with ice cream recipe
Re: Ice Cream Recipe by phyl123: 3:55am On Feb 26, 2013
You will need 4 eggs yolks
250g of sugar
250 ml double cream
vanilla pod or extract any other flavouring are chemical based and not natural.

Method:
mix sugar and egg yolks until creamy
Heat cream gently together with the vanilaseeds extacted to infuse the flavour, dont let it boil,keep stirring until it comes up to the boil remove and strain. Stir into egg and sugar mixture and heat slowly and remove just before it comes to boil and is just like custard. Let it cool down. Once it has cooled down set your ice cream maker and pour in. You can add fruits at this stage depending on what flavour you want eg strawberies, mango etc

I hope this helps. Once you taste this you will not be so keen on the commercial makes.
Re: Ice Cream Recipe by tessybaby(f): 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
What is double cream plz
Re: Ice Cream Recipe by phyl123: 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2013
tessybaby: What is double cream plz

Full fat cream, it will be written on the cup.
Re: Ice Cream Recipe by Graphical(f): 10:58pm On Feb 26, 2013
I was taught dis at school. Ingredients: Powered Milk, granulated Sugar,Gelatin, colouring, FlAvour. Method: 1) Pour boiling water into a bowl.(ensure the water is very hot),add Gelatin to the boiled water in the bowl. Make sure you stir while adding the gelatin. Ensure there is no lump in the gelatin mixture.( Follow the instruction on the gelatin pack if u notice any lump). Keep the gelatin mixture aside. 2) Put water in a pot and place on fire. When it is boiling, add the granulated sugar and stir. It will become syrupy.Add the powdered milk to the syrupy sugar and continue mixing on the fire. Mix the solution for 5minutes. 3) Remove the sugar/milk from the fire. Pour it into the gelatin mixture and mix. Mix for 5 minutes. 4) Add colouring. (if its powdered colouring, mix small powder with little water and pour into the solution, if its liquid colouring,add it directly to the solution - small quantity). 5)Add flavor as desired... Your icecream is ready. IMPORTANT INFO: I can't give u the correct measurement of the ingredient. But ensure u use small gelatin,(I normally use 1 and half teaspoon for paint plastic quantity of icE cream), otherwise the icecream will be like 'Agidi or Ogi'. Pls give dis a try and let me know how far.
Re: Ice Cream Recipe by phyl123: 8:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
rishabhsachan: i learned from my hotel management. how to make ice cream...............Powered Milk, granulated Sugar,Gelatin, colouring, FlAvour. Method: 1) Pour boiling water into a bowl.(ensure the water is very hot),add Gelatin to the boiled water in the bowl. Make sure you stir while adding the gelatin. Ensure there is no lump in the gelatin mixture.( Follow the instruction on the gelatin pack if u notice any lump). Keep the gelatin mixture aside. 2) Put water in a pot and place on fire. When it is boiling, add the granulated sugar and stir. It will become syrupy.Add the powdered milk to the syrupy sugar and continue mixing on the fire. Mix the solution for 5minutes. 3) Remove the sugar/milk from the fire. Pour it into the gelatin mixture and mix. Mix for 5 minutes. 4) Add colouring. (if its powdered colouring, mix small powder with little water and pour into the solution, if its liquid colouring,add it directly to the solution - small quantity). 5)Add flavor as desired and Your icecream is ready.

Sorry to be a fun spoiler, but none of these ingredient are fresh or natural. It is al a load of chemicals.

(1) (Reply)

What Fruit Is This Please / How Well Do You Know These Delicacy's....updated / Pandemonium Of People As Cold Stone Officially Open In Akwa-ibom... Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.