Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,890 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. (13289 Views)

Solution To Car Robbery (traffic Theft Or Vandalism). / Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) / Victim Of 3rd Mainland Bridge Accident Wakes From Coma,Identifies Self(Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by jbloggs(m): 6:27am On Feb 26, 2013
A friend's brother was found dead recently at Ifo, after being driven off his route by armed robbers.
His actual route was Victoria Island but unfortunately when the armed robbers got him they drove all the way to IFo to drop him off and killed him.
Aparently they killed him just to make sure no alarm was raised immediately as regards the car.
This indicates that the Police are becoming helpful in terms of car recovery.

So my question is how do you or help the police to beat the armed robbers to it even when they are on your face?
Is there a way your family member(s) can know almost immeditely that something is wrong?

We need to win this battle against car robbery and killing of the Victim.
Is there a way out of it at all?

I will appreciate your contirbutions.

3 Likes

Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by fm7070: 8:32am On Feb 26, 2013
Let's pray for God's protection all the times.
There is a big problem in a society where the society is technologically advanced than the security agencies including the police.
When robbers know that if they snatch a car and they will definitely be caught no matter the years, they will not dare it not to talk of killing the owner.

1 Like

Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by jbloggs(m): 10:46am On Feb 26, 2013
GOD wants us to be more proactive on this matter.
We need the technical power to get this done.
May GOD bless the souls of those loved ones we've lost to this gruesome act.
And may their blood cry out for vengeance in Jesus' name.
fm7070: Let's pray for God's protection all the times.
There is a big problem in a society where the society is technologically advanced than the security agencies including the police.
When robbers know that if they snatch a car and they will definitely be caught no matter the years, they will not dare it not to talk of killing the owner.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by donbuchi1(m): 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
Apparently they killed him just to make sure no alarm was raised immediately as regards the car.

I disagree with the above point of view on police. They are not always useful in cases like this .

Another reason they could have killed him was that maybe he didn't fully cooperate with the robbers.
He could have had some car security features installed which gave the robbers some issues and he was unable to assist them.

Trust me! My car was snatched about 2 months ago. You don't want to know the details. But thank God I am alive planning on getting another.

May his gentle soul rest in peace. The robbers will never go unpunished.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by momodub: 2:32pm On Feb 26, 2013
smileyonly Baba God go fit save us ooo unto Him i submit my life amen
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by pastie(m): 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
No idea
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by donbazini: 2:38pm On Feb 26, 2013
We need 24 hours police operational number like 911 when u can easily report crime and receive immediate response, who am I kiddin, dis is naija
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
It's all about Gods protection and Grace. Then if possible avoid common cars like Honda, Toyota and Nissan.. No robber would wanna steal a Jaguar, Escalade or any of General Motors cars.. They hardly even move Peugeot dese days..

3 Likes

Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by AbuHanifa: 2:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
Let us start from establishing a national database that will have server across the states and local government. Let us start from there. The current situation of Nigeria is like a University that doesnt have students' academic record neither does it give matric no (National ID).

Thanks...Abuhanifa

1 Like

Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by coldgate(f): 2:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
Can someone in power be empathetic enough to make own verison of 911 effective? Can emergency services be revived in 9ja?
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by ebamma(m): 2:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
protect your self with african magic, always eat 2 cups of garri every morning before u drive your car to work if u do this everyday i bet u no armed robber or car snatcher will come near your car
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by yuzedo: 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
Wait! They killed a nigger?

Just because of ordinary car??!??!? undecided

1 Like

Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by tony1980: 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
My dear,always make sure that,there is credit in your phone while going out and remember also to always keep in constant touch with your family every now and then through text messages or calls.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by bornosheikh: 2:43pm On Feb 26, 2013
No use - too much niggerology in Nigeria - each man for himself nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by sweetrita: 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2013
No be Police dey give armed robbers gun? tell me how can a civilian get dat kind of gun?
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by ifyalways(f): 2:48pm On Feb 26, 2013
Never argue with a man with gun.

Be extra careful about your movement. Who are you meeting?who did you just bump into?who knows where you are?

Avoid odd routes at odd hours.

Use a not-so flashy car.

Pray you don't meet them.

2 Likes

Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Serendipity: 2:50pm On Feb 26, 2013
jbloggs:

this is the apogee of fallacy as that inference about the police cannot be logically made.
There are usually too many imponderables in this kind of situation.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by azpekuliar: 2:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
He could have been killed if he tried to put up some fierce resistance. He could also have been killed if he recognized any of the robbers. Equipping the police with modern crime fighting gear would only go so far. The long term solution to crime and car-jacking is also an economic one.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by ichidodo: 2:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
If i was a robber and successfully snatch me a highend vehicle. the last thing on me mind is to dispatch the owner except if the owner was very aggressive and hostile or if i was drunk and stoned. The Five-Ohs are helpless in this case except if they launch sting-OPs like setting car thieves up with car bait. They can also come up with creative ideas on how to reduce this menace and if ever u was a victim the best thing to do is to be friendly and coperative. No heroics.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 26, 2013
Even in well-shaped nations, stuffs like this still happens but minimal sayless a lawless nation like ours.

If you indulge in such criminal act and u read this message, "e no go better for u and all ur family members to the tenth generation" after stealing the car, they still kill the person, its just not fair. In fact, if u do such things, none of your offspring will see his/her 20th birthday!

11 Likes

Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 26, 2013
Dis is so sad...dey got d car, y kill d man, God rest his soul!
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Mobsync(m): 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2013
fm7070: Let's pray for God's protection all the times.

Word#
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2013
You're assuming these characters are human beings with active consciences. That's the problem. They're not human beings; they have no value for human life. They don't reason the way 'we' reason. They have no sympathy, no remorse, no restraint, and certainly no compunction.

That's why I have little tolerance with regular justice (trials, prison sentences etc) when these characters are caught. They should be butchered and burnt to ashes like the animals they are. If that means jungle justice, then I'm all for it- as long as we're sure of the culprits. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Reelsteel: 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2013
AbuHanifa: Let us start from establishing a national database that will have server across the states and local government. Let us start from there. The current situation of Nigeria is like a University that doesnt have students' academic record neither does it give matric no (National ID).

Thanks...Abuhanifa

This is what i have been crying for, Nigeria is an institution with no records.
If we want to fight corruption, crime, and insecurity, every living soul in this country has to be properly identified by a national I.D and number created on a database.
The I.D will be used to access your personal data on a database which includes, Date of Birth, Sex, Eye color, hair color, Dna sample,finger prints, family background and address. Information can only be added to a file on such database but not deleted or modified.
I dont know if this is can be obtainable in this generation but if implemented now and such I.D is created for every new born baby from this year then its a step in the right direction
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by suwa4real: 3:27pm On Feb 26, 2013
Dis is evil @ its peak. Imagine †ђξ pain n agony dey ve caused †ђξ family. We must reap wat we sow weda good or bad.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Rooneyboy(m): 3:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
I'm not happy seeing this thread, lost a "close" child hood friend 2years back , he had just exactly same experience, was shot and left to die, gave up 2weeks after, the gun shot, of course after undergoing series of operations/removal of bullets .

I still miss my guy each day I wake up.

RIP beloved bro.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Rooneyboy(m): 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2013
ifyalways: Never argue with a man with gun.

Be extra careful about your movement. Who are you meeting?who did you just bump into?who knows where you are?

Avoid odd routes at odd hours.

Use a not-so flashy car.

Pray you don't meet them.

I subscribe to the bolded .
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Goddys(m): 3:52pm On Feb 26, 2013
The solution is for everybody to join The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement,and receive instant supernatural power by virtue of the covenant The General Overseer,Pastor Lazarus Muoka has with God.If you haven't heard it before,hear it now:No weapon from the enemies of humnanity,be it gun,bullet,matchet etc, penetrate the body of any Chosen member.Make an inquiry and see that it's a fact.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by rofemiguwa(f): 4:03pm On Feb 26, 2013
As in this is sooo sad.my friend jus lost his father.why not jus take the car.why kill the person .so sad.u dont even consider how many lives u have killed in the process.the family of the deceased how do dy cope??.meanwhile at OP.hope ur friends broda isnt d tobi guy dt was declared missing but now dead.this is really a sad event.May their soul rest in peace.those killers dy shall neva go unpunished.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Exponental(m): 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2013
Mobile tracker with multiple switches situated @ diff points in d car!
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by born2boink(m): 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2013
Even if we start using bicycle, arm robber will not you rest

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 / How To Maintain A Car As A New Driver? / Using Car Engine For Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.