Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. (13286 Views)

Solution To Car Robbery (traffic Theft Or Vandalism). / Victim Of Hit-And-Run Lying Critically At Ajah Roundabout, Lagos (Graphic Pics) / Victim Of 3rd Mainland Bridge Accident Wakes From Coma,Identifies Self(Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by DrKnow1(m): 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2013
Get a tracker fitted to every flashy car and stickers displaying this. The tracking operation should be managed by a private security firm and subscription paid monthly. This will deter any potential car snatchers if they know they could be caught.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Philolos: 4:33pm On Feb 26, 2013
Dr Know: Get a tracker fitted to every flashy car and stickers displaying this. The tracking operation should be managed by a private security firm and subscription paid monthly. This will deter any potential car snatchers if they know they could be caught.

Such a device may also help keep some of our men honest at home. They can't tell madam, "honey I'm quickly going down the road," and they are somewhere they shouldn't. I think we are on to something here. I'll start working on the funding. Who is in on this venture?
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by sageon: 4:40pm On Feb 26, 2013
It may be a good start to have some database of fingerprints, eye and hair descriptions-and the nuances that make up any citizenship pool repository as demonstrated by even the smallest of East African nations. One venture- overtaken by unbridled corruption that defines almost every initiative- scaled to having a semblance of this, was the botched National ID project.

That project if it was completed would have put into works the definition of citizenship and human normative behavior, as it would have enabled recourse for forensics and other scientific legs of the police. It is with the absence of any surveillance infrastructure, a loose definition of the Nigerian, imaginary borders and the regular embarrassment that comes with the passport at our local terminus- by your own, that the prayers for crime management would remain at best wishes-or concede to an ushering of the rule of the jungle. If the ID project could just set sail, then the question of matching vehicular history and background verification would assume easy relevance and prove long time effectiveness.

Despite all these, any hopes for a responsible, accountable and humane polity can only emerge when the understanding of rewards and sanctions, a fair share of opportunities or inclusions, is reinvented both for community and country. This is where leadership-at all levels-family or institutional, must take ownership and responsibility.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by leboss6(m): 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2013
I survived an attempted car jacking around 11am this past Sunday around Ojudu ......the robbers drove a Toyota sieena .......they chased me from yakoyo to Adebayo ...I was so scared as I could see guns with dem from my side mirror.....all I did was to make sure they did not overtake me by swerving to their side anytime they tried to overtake me ....Na only God dey save person for this country
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by dhardline(m): 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2013
Those who drive late at night or early in the mornings on less busy routes should be more careful as the new technique is that the slightly hit your car with theirs from behind and when you stop to try and straighten out things with them they attack and do their damage.so please if such happens on this routes try to move along and dont stop.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by hardbody: 5:04pm On Feb 26, 2013
ichidodo: If i was a robber and successfully snatch me a highend vehicle. the last thing on me mind is to dispatch the owner except if the owner was very aggressive and hostile or if i was drunk and stoned. The Five-Ohs are helpless in this case except if they launch sting-OPs like setting car thieves up with car bait. They can also come up with creative ideas on how to reduce this menace and if ever u was a victim the best thing to do is to be friendly and coperative. No heroics.

A couple of months ago, by some strange ways, those boys beat the central security and accosted me at my gate. For security reasons, i dont bother driving in any longer. Bt hardly had i disembarked, collected my items and was opening the gate to walk in than the about 6 of them surrounded me with about 3 pointing blunt edged objects at me (guns actually). I assured them i will cooperate and upon demand, i handed over all my three 3 phones (interestingly they did not notice my ipad under my armpit and i actually forgot to surrender that), A loaf of bread and some left over food i brought home for my dog.

THey were obviously not from my neighbourhood as they kept urging me to open the gate to my house, i happily did, because they came face to face with my Alsatian, they all scampered away, but i quickly called my dog back in so that she wouldnt get shot and i will remain vulnerable all night.

I am usually careful and try to anticipate all such moves, but that day, i dropped on my alertness. We pray to God to help us but additional tip i now apply is to vary the time i leave home and the time and routes i use while coming back. I had since realized that for three days or so following up the attack, i always stopped at the junction to my street to buy suya and always hit home at the same time (10.30pm).
I employ tactics that are so mundane like opening the gate and delaying before even stepping out so as to gauge whether someone has melted in the shadows while waiting for me. As for my driving style, my speed while coming home is enough discouragement for any potential attacker to stop me while driving. In all sha, na God hand we dey.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by thorpido(m): 5:11pm On Feb 26, 2013
We need to be more security conscious.I read he was with a Toyota Highlander and drove out at 5.30am.
There nothing wrong with cruising the kind of car you want but a car like that at such hours on a lonely road puts you at risk.
Be prayerful always and before you step out of the house.Listen to your inner man.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by AbuHanifa: 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2013
Reelsteel:

This is what i have been crying for, Nigeria is an institution with no records.
If we want to fight corruption, crime, and insecurity, every living soul in this country has to be properly identified by a national I.D and number created on a database.
The I.D will be used to access your personal data on a database which includes, Date of Birth, Sex, Eye color, hair color, Dna sample,finger prints, family background and address. Information can only be added to a file on such database but not deleted or modified.
I dont know if this is can be obtainable in this generation but if implemented now and such I.D is created for every new born baby from this year then its a step in the right direction
You got it all right. You expressed my mind. I am happy someone thinks in the same direction with me. I wish this could be implemented.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by AbuHanifa: 5:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
sageon: It may be a good start to have some database of fingerprints, eye and hair descriptions-and the nuances that make up any citizenship pool repository as demonstrated by even the smallest of East African nations. One venture- overtaken by unbridled corruption that defines almost every initiative- scaled to having a semblance of this, was the botched National ID project.

That project if it was completed would have put into works the definition of citizenship and human normative behavior, as it would have enabled recourse for forensics and other scientific legs of the police. It is with the absence of any surveillance infrastructure, a loose definition of the Nigerian, imaginary borders and the regular embarrassment that comes with the passport at our local terminus- by your own, that the prayers for crime management would remain at best wishes-or concede to an ushering of the rule of the jungle. If the ID project could just set sail, then the question of matching vehicular history and background verification would assume easy relevance and prove long time effectiveness.

Despite all these, any hopes for a responsible, accountable and humane polity can only emerge when the understanding of rewards and sanctions, a fair share of opportunities or inclusions, is reinvented both for community and country. This is where leadership-at all levels-family or institutional, must take ownership and responsibility.
God bless you
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 26, 2013
i also had a friend whose windscreen was smashed, and who was also punched in the face last weekend. if not that the guy has always been a tough, brute guy since our childhood, we would have been hearing another story today. kung fu and jinjitsu the way to go.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by DrummaBoy(m): 5:43pm On Feb 26, 2013
To answer d OP question we must understand there is no one answer to insecurity issues like this one
But to begin with we all must trust our God to keep us in our going out and coming in and then we can implement suggestions made here and whatever else common sense dictates.
May God comfort the heart of d bereaved.
Amen.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 26, 2013
i also had a friend whose windscreen was smashed, and who was also punched in the face last weekend. how the guy survived is an enigma . if not that the guy has always been a tough, brute guy since our childhood, we would have been hearing another story today. kung fu and jinjitsu the way to go.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 26, 2013
don buchi: Apparently they killed him just to make sure no alarm was raised immediately as regards the car.
This indicates that the Police are becoming helpful in terms of car recovery.

I disagree with the above point of view on police. They are not always useful in cases like this .

Another reason they could have killed him was that maybe he didn't fully cooperate with the robbers.
He could have had some car security features installed which gave the robbers some issues and he was unable to assist them.

Trust me! My car was snatched about 2 months ago. You don't want to know the details. But thank God I am alive planning on getting another.

May his gentle soul rest in peace. The robbers will never go unpunished.
IF YOUR CAR WAS SNATCHED TWO MONTHS AGO AND YOU WERE ALMOST KILLED FOR YOUR CAR WHY ARE YOU PLANNING TO GET ANOTHER CAR ? ARE YOU TEMPTING DEATH ? WHY NOT GET A KEKE NAPEP ? embarassed
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Artistree: 8:44pm On Feb 26, 2013
Goddys: The solution is for everybody to join The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement,and receive instant supernatural power by virtue of the covenant The General Overseer,Pastor Lazarus Muoka has with God.If you haven't heard it before,hear it now:No weapon from the enemies of humnanity,be it gun,bullet,matchet etc, penetrate the body of any Chosen member.Make an inquiry and see that it's a fact.
Na jazz? Abeg close am, yes, I mean shut it!
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by sammmiey1: 8:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
Only God protects
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Rotimi47: 9:12pm On Feb 26, 2013
Let †ђε Federal govt legalize fire arms and we will see all violent crime become minimal because we will have more fire arms in †ђε hands of Ĝ∞∂ people as against bad guys.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Doncolio(m): 9:53pm On Feb 26, 2013
Reelsteel:

This is what i have been crying for, Nigeria is an institution with no records.
If we want to fight corruption, crime, and insecurity, every living soul in this country has to be properly identified by a national I.D and number created on a database.
The I.D will be used to access your personal data on a database which includes, Date of Birth, Sex, Eye color, hair color, Dna sample,finger prints, family background and address. Information can only be added to a file on such database but not deleted or modified.
I dont know if this is can be obtainable in this generation but if implemented now and such I.D is created for every new born baby from this year then its a step in the right direction

Exactly part of what have said. Two or three people saying same thing can't be wrong.https://www.nairaland.com/1203434/elected-president-nigeria
Such a pity the victim lost his life.
#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2013
iv4fb: Even in well-shaped nations, stuffs like this still happens but minimal sayless a lawless nation like ours.

If you indulge in such criminal act and u read this message, "e no go better for u and all ur family members to the tenth generation" after stealing the car, they still kill the person, its just not fair. In fact, if u do such things, none of your offspring will see his/her 20th birthday!

^^^Amen! The annoying thing is that when they catch the bastards, you'll discover that they're some quivering low-life that's begging, saying "na devil make me do am". When they were about pulling the trigger, they didn't stop to consider that this man did nothing to them; that he has a family that love him and their lives would be ruined for ever if he's murdered; that there is a God that will ask them of their deeds on earth on the final day of judgment......they don't stop to ponder on these questions but would just pull the trigger like say they're killing christmas fowl! How someone (drugged or not) can kill a fellow human being in cold blood is what i can never understand even if i live to be a thousand years old undecided. It's these type of animals that deserve to be burnt alive!

1 Like

Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by delishpot: 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2013
I remember a company that once tried to woo the FG to get a contract to do all this finger printing and criminal data base stuff to properlly record and store data for criminals and also to keep record of citizens but they said it was too expensive to venture into and that they worry about the instruments and gadgets that would be bought to make the whole thing work( such gadgets are mostly carried by the police to type in a persons info to the central office and they will send feed back) besides they said power supply was poor (still is) and they need electicity to manage the computers, phones etc that will enable this system work which according to them, nigeria is not prepared for. Next thing they heard they gave the contract out. Nigerian government does not care if the contract is done with genuine material they just want to see structure on ground even if it fails later as long as they get their cut which could be half the whole contract price. Well when they are ready to spend money for a good course they should let us know. With advancement in technology NEPA cannot disturb their work again but, are they willing to pay and let the contractor get enough money to buy quality materials and make some small profit? Or will thay ask to be paid more than half the contract worth for giving it out?

@Topic, sad story, sad end. May karma mEet those wicked killers.
I think it was a set up. Prolly an assasination paid for by someone he is familiar with.Na money matter. like, shey na only you dey this world? Just saying sha.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Nobody: 5:37am On Feb 27, 2013
Serendipity:
this is the apogee of fallacy as that inference about the police cannot be logically made.
There are usually too many imponderables in this kind of situation.
I also wonder when I see comments like that. Has police ever recovered any stolen car in Naija?
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by partner5: 7:39am On Feb 27, 2013
Have mobile tracker all installed in the car. You can aswell wear the one that looks more like a wrist watch.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by tnktosin(m): 8:57am On Feb 27, 2013
partner5: Have mobile tracker all installed in the car. You can aswell wear the one that looks more like a wrist watch.

If you have a tracker installed its adviceable to get a back-up tracker without executive action as well. Car thieves now disable trackers almost immediately. Go online and get one possibly from amazon. Install and configure it where no one else can locate it (could be in the trunk, under the seat, behind the dashboard, under the storage/glove box). If they snatch the car they would not be able to locate the back up you installed. Even if you can't disable the car remotely, you would still be able to monitor it. Everyone knows its best not to protest when a man is pointing a gun at you
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by lumeneng22: 11:01am On Feb 27, 2013
fm7070: Let's pray for God's protection all the times.
There is a big problem in a society where the society is technologically advanced than the security agencies including the police.
When robbers know that if they snatch a car and they will definitely be caught no matter the years, they will not dare it not to talk of killing the owner.
killing the victim even worsen the matter if a good hardware tracker is used. The car will not only be recover, you will also catch the thief/murderer.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by armadeo(m): 11:19am On Feb 27, 2013
[b][/b]
ifyalways: Never argue with a man with gun.

Be extra careful about your movement. Who are you meeting?who did you just bump into?who knows where you are?

Avoid odd routes at odd hours.

Use a not-so flashy car.

Pray you don't meet them.

na wa oh> its really painful after working hard u cant even enjoy your money buying a car u like so BASTARDS dont see you.

Be extra careful about your movement. Who are you meeting?who did you just bump into?who knows where you are?

Use a not-so flashy car.

na wa oh> its really painful after working hard u cant even enjoy your money buying a car u like so BASTARDS dont see you.

Use a not-so flashy car.

Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by cecegorz(m): 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
That is why i still support instant hanging for folks caught in the armed robbery act!
They are so heartless!
Just last weekend, they forced some folks to lie face down on the road as road blocks in order to stop and rob other cars, thereby causing a harrowing death upon 3 victims, 2 nursing mothers inclusive!
Why not use their vehicle for the road block?
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by jbloggs(m): 2:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
Dr Know: Get a tracker fitted to every flashy car and stickers displaying this. The tracking operation should be managed by a private security firm and subscription paid monthly. This will deter any potential car snatchers if they know they could be caught.
At least this will help, cos I don't think cars just get jacked,it would have been with proper monitoring by the robbers.
We also need to be there for our friends and colleagues, if he or she drives and they are not resuming when they ought to without prior knowledge. Let's call them and if not getting through to the individual, call a relative or family member, if you know anyone who can give you an update.
In that vain they won't have gone so far before they get caught.

partner5: Have mobile tracker all installed in the car. You can aswell wear the one that looks more like a wrist watch.

How will the Victim that has been shot track a vehicle With such device?
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 27, 2013

A better alternative is to get the police to drive around in flashy vehicles fitted with remote controlled car bombs. There will be a second car following the expensive one, they will simply follow the robbers to a safe area and detonate the bomb, end of story. It wouldn't take long to blow up half of the carjackers in Lagos, for example.
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by YOUNGKAHUNA: 2:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
ebamma: protect your self with african magic, always eat 2 cups of garri every morning before u drive your car to work if u do this everyday i bet u no armed robber or car snatcher will come near your car

"And Is This Suppose To Be Funny?"
Re: Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. by dederocs(m): 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
fm7070: Let's pray for God's protection all the times.
There is a big problem in a society where the society is technologically advanced than the security agencies including the police.
When robbers know that if they snatch a car and they will definitely be caught no matter the years, they will not dare it not to talk of killing the owner.
we know prayer is good,everyone prays,he is asking of constructive ways to deal with the situation-even the bible says prayers without works is death.please lets open our mind and stop shutting our mind from exploring answers with religious phrases and dogmas-God gave us this resourceful mind to use and think.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Using Car Engine For Generator / Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 / How Did You Choose Your First Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.