Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! (13016 Views)

20 Unusual Uses Of Salt / Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! / Amazing Uses Of Coca-cola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by Awoofawo(m): 5:31pm On Feb 27, 2013
ayolatun:

Dude Ɣ☺ΰ cudnt be dis retarded na... But on a second thought, this may be a window to a new discovery hmmmmm.

Ok o! Just make sure you post the out come of your research here....... No patent the discovery o! winkwinkwink
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by jerk: 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2013
@solomto,that 21 sounds unbelievable bt am gonna try it. Nice
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by greatgod2012(f): 6:19pm On Feb 27, 2013
Very insightful!
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by a1solution: 6:29pm On Feb 27, 2013
Salt is good for spiritual work also
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by Mishydoo(m): 7:10pm On Feb 27, 2013
1)Use salt and warm water too gargle at nyt,it prevents tooth decay and mouth ulcers!

2)Lick ɑ lil salt if u've got pepperish feeling in U̶̲̅r̶̲̥̅̊ eyes!

3)Use salt in washing snail,it helps with d slime!

4)If u find urslf in your village with no toothpaste use salt to wash dat dirty mouth of urs,it serves as good!

5)Salt helps Athletes' foot!
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by jidewin(m): 7:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
kennyosein: 1. If you drop a whole egg on the floor, pour salt all over the egg, let it sit for awhile, then use dustpan, the egg will come right up, without all that mess.
2. Soak stained hankies in salt water before
washing
3. Sprinkle salt on your shelves to keep ants away.
4. Soak fish in salt water before descaling; the scales will come off easier.
5. Put a few grains of rice in your salt shaker for easier pouring.
6. Add salt to green salads to prevent wilting.
7. Test the freshness of eggs in a cup of salt water; fresh eggs sink; bad ones float.
8. Add a little salt to your boiling water when cooking eggs; a cracked egg will stay in its shell this way.
9. A tiny pinch of salt with egg whites makes them beat up fluffier.
10. Soak wrinkled apples in a mildly salted water solution to perk them up 11. Rub salt on your pancake griddle and your
flapjacks won't stick
12. Soak toothbrushes in salt water before you first use them; they will last longer.
13. Use salt to clean your discolored coffee pot.
14. Mix salt with turpentine to whiten you bathtub and toilet bowl.
Waoh Kenny this is wonderful...thank you and weldone.
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by poshpimkiey(f): 7:50pm On Feb 27, 2013
Nyc.
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by Winneygirl(f): 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2013
maclatunji: Adding a teaspoon of salt in a glass of water is the cheapest remedy for stomach I know.

Correct!

Also lick some salt if some peppery food/soup splashes or accidentally comes in contact with Ur eye.
Worked 4 me!
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
apply salt to scalded skin it helps to prevent swelling
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
Nice
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by thompson56(m): 10:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
;Dnice.. Let me add mine..

Take 5full spons of salt raw without water b4 having sex wit ur girl... Ur girl will enjoy u ;Dnice.. Let me add mine..

Take 5full spons of salt raw without water b4 having sex wit ur girl... Ur girl will enjoy u
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by chux76(m): 10:19pm On Feb 27, 2013
Okija_juju: Also...

1. If you pour salt inside your wallet at night before you sleep, your money will change to Pounds Sterling.

2. If you pour a little amount of salt inside your egusi soup, the taste will change.

3. Pour salt inside your fuel tank before each journey, it acts as fuel injector cleaner and enhances fuel economy.

4. If you are injured, add salt to the injury.

5. Pour some salt on Psalm 23 before every prayer for immediate response.

Lol..U b confirmed Mutula...but talk true does No. 1 work?? coz I really want 2 try it...Lol
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by milky3(f): 10:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
ocman: RUBBISH POST
u sha wan gt attention + notice me by force
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by Cuteobi(f): 11:10pm On Feb 27, 2013
Nice!!! Wud hav been very helpful if I saw dis thread in d morning.I spilled eggs all over d kitchen floor
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by Cuteobi(f): 11:17pm On Feb 27, 2013
Nice!!! Wud hav been very helpful if I had seen dis earlier.I spilled eggs all over d kitchen floor
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by folahann(m): 11:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
jeffizy: Worthy of front page. Please is there anoda meaning for tupentine? Its interesting.
kerosine.
Salt- the only commodity that violates all the laws in economics. Very wonderful substance
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by chuksme(m): 12:44am On Feb 28, 2013

Your brain has to be well checked. you have a very big problem
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by Cherish100(f): 12:55am On Feb 28, 2013
Sprinkle salt on earthworm and it will die.

1 Like

Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by Fiawest(m): 6:47am On Feb 28, 2013
so wot do u count worthy post...Toto News?
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by kandiikane(m): 7:57am On Feb 28, 2013
Salt can also help sooth your down below, if they forcefully circumcised you or your child(female) or if you're really sore and bruised after 25rounds the night before. Just put dettol and salt in a big bucket or bath and sit in it for a while.

It's also good for exfoliating. Just use it once a week when you're having a shower and scrub it all over you. smiley
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by olekubaby: 8:27am On Feb 28, 2013
kennyosein: 1. If you drop a whole egg on the floor, pour salt all over the egg, let it sit for awhile, then use dustpan, the egg will come right up, without all that mess.
2. Soak stained hankies in salt water before
washing
3. Sprinkle salt on your shelves to keep ants away.
4. Soak fish in salt water before descaling; the scales will come off easier.
5. Put a few grains of rice in your salt shaker for easier pouring.
6. Add salt to green salads to prevent wilting.
7. Test the freshness of eggs in a cup of salt water; fresh eggs sink; bad ones float.
8. Add a little salt to your boiling water when cooking eggs; a cracked egg will stay in its shell this way.
10. Soak wrinkled apples in a mildly salted water solution to perk them up 11. Rub salt on your pancake griddle and your
flapjacks won't stick
12. Soak toothbrushes in salt water before you first use them; they will last longer.
13. Use salt to clean your discolored coffee pot.
14. Mix salt with turpentine to whiten you bathtub and toilet bowl.

Thank you so much. Helpful. God bless you
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by Emeraldz(f): 9:01am On Feb 28, 2013
Beautiful piece
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by delishpot: 9:05am On Feb 28, 2013
a1solution: Salt is good for spiritual work also

Teach us.
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by delishpot: 9:09am On Feb 28, 2013
If you or your kid pours water on your rug or carpet pour enough salt on the wet part and it won't smell. As salt does not allow those organisms that cause the smell to grow.

Those who dint know this,Try it and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by arthgideon: 11:04am On Feb 28, 2013
Emylexray: Salt is so useful. That's one ingredient that should never lack in your house!
Very true
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by JisolaMar(f): 4:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
[b][/b]Test the freshness of eggs in a cup of salt water; fresh eggs sink; bad ones float.

Salts & eggs seem 2 av a lot in common
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by seyok(f): 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hmmm,insightful.
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by kennybelle: 4:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
na u like am pass
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by eme40rald(f): 5:51pm On Feb 28, 2013
really handyreally handyreally handy
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by Viktallbay(m): 1:38am On Mar 01, 2013
O-D-E
Re: Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! by Yasmeena(f): 9:54am On Mar 01, 2013
nyc tips @ OP.....Will sure try some of them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do People Still Eat Three Square Meals Daily In Nigeria? / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Food/Meals? / Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.