Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Will Inverter Usage Increase My Prepaid Meter Bill - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Will Inverter Usage Increase My Prepaid Meter Bill (7353 Views)

Pls Help With The Code To Hack Phcn Prepaid Electricity Meter. / The Smart Meter And How It Is Being Hacked / I Need Help: Glo Code To Subscribe For Daily Internet Usage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Inverter Usage Increase My Prepaid Meter Bill by bigass(f): 8:51am On Feb 27, 2013
Will using inverters increase prepaid meter usage
Re: Will Inverter Usage Increase My Prepaid Meter Bill by PasNet: 6:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
Inverters, Solars systems, wind V systems. gas turbines etc are all alternative to energy (Power), it is just like switching from PHCN to your generator. so if u install an inverter system in ur house, then it shuld reduce drastically the rate at which you consume ur pre-paid usage, it will never increase it.

For installations and consultancy contact us @our show room Suit F112/113 Ikota shopping complex VGC Ajah Lagos.
Re: Will Inverter Usage Increase My Prepaid Meter Bill by DIYTechnologies: 10:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
I think it would it will increase your bills eventually. This is because the inverter uses electricity (PHCN) to recharge the batteries. I currently use a 24v/2kva inverter (mercury) and I know the pressure it exacts on my generator when I have to use it. I also discovered that that my meter reads faster than my neighbours own even though they were all installed the same day. Our meter is showing
6-month reading of 1,676 while those of My neigbors shows 1260(with ACs and deep freezer)and 700. I don't even have an AC. The only thing I use that my neigbour does not use is the inverter. They use deep freezer, micro-wave, tv, industrial fans etc just like I do. So I really think it does exact on your consumption eventually.

Thx

1 Like

Re: Will Inverter Usage Increase My Prepaid Meter Bill by DIYTechnologies: 6:42am On Feb 28, 2013
PasNet: Inverters, Solars systems, wind V systems. gas turbines etc are all alternative to energy (Power), it is just like switching from PHCN to your generator. so if u install an inverter system in ur house, then it shuld reduce drastically the rate at which you consume ur pre-paid usage, it will never increase it.

For installations and consultancy contact us @our show room Suit F112/113 Ikota shopping complex VGC Ajah Lagos.

You are misconstruing his question. The guy will only use inverter when PHCN strikes. While would he be using inverter when the PHCN is on? And it is with PHCN that the inverter can be recharged. More so, it is only when PHCN is on that the electricity card reads.

You just wan sell market sha.

1 Like

Re: Will Inverter Usage Increase My Prepaid Meter Bill by donushick: 7:00am On Sep 28, 2013
listen every one and hear the truth I am a solar,wind turbine installer. it's better for one to run solar system off grid than on grid, inverter is good with PHCN when one is not using prepaid meter! because while charging your battery if your inverter is giving you for e.g 20amp per hour which is: 480watts per hour if run in 24v. x the number of hours your battery takes to charge. this is how it works! now let me say e.g PHCN is charging you about 60 naira when use about 480watts per hour x number of the hours it takes you to charge the batteries minus your load that is when you will see the amount that inverter is taking from you. thanks have any question need an installer or to buy any system? just call me on 08060374072. or visit mynewgreenenergy.gnbo.com.ng.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: 5 Shocking Mysteries About Raw Gold / Google Glass UI With Cool Features By Google / Difference Between A Computer And Computer System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.