Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola (760 Views)

EFCC Reopens Subsidy Fraud Cases / Ahmadu Ali’s Son Re-arraigned For N4.5b Subsidy Fraud / Capital Oil Ifeanyi Uba Arrested Over N22bn Subsidy Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 27, 2013
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), Tuesday said the Federal Government was apparently complicit in the mismanagement of N2 trillion fuel subsidy, which represented almost half of the 2011 national budget.

He faulted the good governance tour by the Minister for Information and National Orientation, Mr. Labaran Maku, describing the tour designed to inspect the federal projects across all states as baseless and ill-conceived.

He also described the criticism of political opponents on the visit of former United States President Bill Clinton as unfair and uncalled-for, noting that the People Democratic Party (PDP) had demonstrated a lot of amateur knowledge of the Clinton Global Foundation.

He openly expressed the standpoints yesterday while presenting his administration’s 2100-day report to the stakeholders in the state at the Lagos TV complex at Agidingbi, Ikeja noting that the good governance tour was purely ill-conceived because there “are no projects to inspect” in many parts of the country.

At the forum, the governor condemned the Federal Government over how N2 trillion of the country’s national budget of about N4 trillion in 2011 ended up being enmeshed in the most monumental fraud of fuel subsidy, which he said the country “has never recorded.”

He explained that over 50 percent of the country’s budget “enmeshed in a fraud and yet there are no answers. It is understandable that our success will embarrass their party, the PDP.

“We have already started the implementation of the 2013 budget while their party now shows how dysfunctional the government they manage has become because the passage of the 2013 budget for our country has become a public squabble while the development of our nation is held back in their amateurish grip.

“I have heard them say also that my inspection of projects to assess progress, resolve challenges and ensure their completion is a waste of resources. The fact is that they cannot point to a 100-kilometre that connect two states that their party in the centre has completed in 14 years.”

Fashola said the state government under his leadership “has in less than 20 months completed the Okota-link bridge that has improved connectivity and eased the transportation between not less than five local governments area.

“In three years, we completed the Lekki Link Bridge, West Africa’s first cable stayed bridge. In their desperation to appear busy, they have embarked on an ill-conceived good governance tour because there are no projects to inspect.

“The question to ask is whether the people of Nigeria need a tour to know that they are well-governed. We do not need a good governance tour in Lagos before citizens know that their lives are improving.

“Regrettably, our performance shows the inefficiency of our political opponents in the way that our national economy has been mismanaged by their party, they have the temerity to accuse us of fraudulently reporting performance,” he said.

Source

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 27, 2013
It's surprising how none of the collaborators in government, who fraudulently approved the payment of "subsidy" for petroleum products not delivered have been brought to book. Not even a single dismissal.

Why are there no answers?

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola by Igwe9(m): 10:15am On Feb 27, 2013
The answer to your question Fashola is "YES", Nigerians need a tour to know that they are well-governed else, why are your paid cyber warriors on NL consuming our megabyte of internet access trying to prove to us that you are working, they should have allowed us to see things for ourselves anything we come to Lagos. cool

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola by Gbawe: 11:21am On Feb 27, 2013
I love the new politically combative Fashola. His talk here, even if correct, is a political statement of intent. I am now convinced a top 2015 APC political role has been pencilled in for Fashola going by how the Lagos governor has upped the ante as an open critic of the FG lately. We all saw Ribadu doing precisely the same thing in 2010-2011

If there was a criticism I had of Fashola, it was his hesitancy to fully define himself as a politician. Now he is doing so. Very important to perform but also important,if you have top-level ambition, to be visibly charismatic, for good or bad, in Nigerian politics . All GEJ's gra-gra will come to nought because he will be the last accidental President Nigeria ever has. The old boys are running out of steam and their machinations , since 1999, that made it possible for their unprepared, uncharismatic and dour stooges to lead Nigeria can no longer endure in this day and age.

Things have changed and the leaders of the future will be opinionated and resolute men like Fashola, Amaechi, Ribadu, Aliyu,Okorocha, Oshiomhole, Aregbesola, Fayemi et al. Whether folks like these guys or not, I personally identify them as the next generation of Nigerian leaders because we are entering an age where Nigeria, forced to do so by evolution, will conform to what obtains elsewhere i.e those who plan to lead, plus have the ability to do so, get to lead.

The days of promoting mediocre embodiments of establishment docility (Yar Adua , GEJ, David Mark et al) into top offices will be over soon. I have to thank GEJ for unwittingly hastening the extinction of his own kind in the top tier of Nigerian politics. It is all for the best because ,either way, we need opinionated and resolute characters leading Nigeria and not gradualists who do not stand for anything at all.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola by Mesico2(m): 12:15pm On Feb 27, 2013
All hail the great Gbawe of our time. I always find ur comments so interesting and enlighten that I always want to read on anything u comments on. God bless u and ur family more for taken the lead.
Re: Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola by maclatunji: 2:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
Gbawe: I love the new politically combative Fashola. His talk here, even if correct, is a political statement of intent. I am now convinced a top 2015 APC political role has been pencilled in for Fashola going by how the Lagos governor has upped the ante as an open critic of the FG lately. We all saw Ribadu doing precisely the same thing in 2010-2011

If there was a criticism I had of Fashola, it was his hesitancy to fully define himself as a politician. Now he is doing so. Very important to perform but also important,if you have top-level ambition, to be visibly charismatic, for good or bad, in Nigerian politics . All GEJ's gra-gra will come to nought because he will be the last accidental President Nigeria ever has. The old boys are running out of steam and their machinations , since 1999, that made it possible for their unprepared, uncharismatic and dour stooges to lead Nigeria can no longer endure in this day and age.

Things have changed and the leaders of the future will be opinionated and resolute men like Fashola, Amaechi, Ribadu, Aliyu,Okorocha, Oshiomhole, Aregbesola, Fayemi et al. Whether folks like these guys or not, I personally identify them as the next generation of Nigerian leaders because we are entering an age where Nigeria, forced to do so by evolution, will conform to what obtains elsewhere i.e those who plan to lead, plus have the ability to do so, get to lead.

The days of promoting mediocre embodiments of establishment docility (Yar Adua , GEJ, David Mark et al) into top offices will be over soon. I have to thank GEJ for unwittingly hastening the extinction of his own kind in the top tier of Nigerian politics. It is all for the best because ,either way, we need opinionated and resolute characters leading Nigeria and not gradualists who do not stand for anything at all.
Re: Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola by skyfall: 4:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
Gbawe: I love the new politically combative Fashola. His talk here, even if correct, is a political statement of intent. I am now convinced a top 2015 APC political role has been pencilled in for Fashola going by how the Lagos governor has upped the ante as an open critic of the FG lately. We all saw Ribadu doing precisely the same thing in 2010-2011

Yea I agree with you. I like this political side of Fashola I'm seeing. It's a sign of good things to come in the near future.
Re: Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola by Gbawe: 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2013
skyfall:

Yea I agree with you. I like this political side of Fashola I'm seeing. It's a sign of good things to come in the near future.

My brother, exciting times for Nigeria. We all have to understand that our latest democratic chapter began in 1999. OBJ was the first beneficiary. He was a mediocre President in my opinion and selected to protect the like of IBB with more atrocities to their name than Michael Jackson had hit singles.

Naturally, with tonnes of skeletons to hide, OBJ also felt handpicked 'mumu' stooges were the best in Yar Adua and GEJ. Yet experience, in all cases, has now shown all kingmakers that nothing worse than going to give very powerful positions to undeserving men who would never have ordinarily made it that far on their own.

It is clear these 'accidental' leaders,owing their Presidency to malevolent kingmaking than ability, are the worst type and most likely to mess everything up everywhere. Everyone is now aware they come with no benefit at all to anyone. Better to utilise the approach of Tinubu and empower performers everywhere.

After GEJ, unlikely Nigeria will get another p1ss-poor, indecisive and dithering President in future. It will be as obtains in Liberia, Ghana, Botswana et al where the Presidency has a standard of merit that must not be breached or compromised by the GEJ's of the world.

So GEJ and his embarrassing wife should eat all they can. It is the last Nigeria will see of disgraceful 'Dinosaurs' like them. As obtains everywhere to the positive benefit of other nations, Nigeria will begin to have Presidential Presidents and not the aberration we see where some are at liberty to foist the worst, most disgraceful and most undeserving on us. The experiment with Yar Adua and GEJ probably had to happen to make Nigerian fully understand that we will get nowhere with accidental Presidents and undeserving, unprepared mediocrities. Everything about those types is bad including their wives !!!

Soon we will get to where other African nations have gotten to whereby it is very difficult to get a very poor Presidents.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 27, 2013
HNosegbe: It's surprising how none of the collaborators in government, who fraudulently approved the payment of "subsidy" for petroleum products not delivered have been brought to book. Not even a single dismissal.

Why are there no answers?
If you ask me,na who i go ask?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
Gbawe:

My brother, exciting times for Nigeria. We all have to understand that our latest democratic chapter began in 1999. OBJ was the first beneficiary. He was a mediocre President in my opinion and selected to protect the like of IBB with more atrocities to their name than Michael Jackson had hit singles.

cheesy
Re: Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola by mafifle: 8:53pm On Feb 27, 2013
If GEJ stands for election in 2015 he is going to still WIN. It is too late for Fashola to find his voice now.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola by Akanbiedu(m): 10:16pm On Feb 27, 2013

Yes bro. I am enjoying this new Fashola. Nigeria is approaching a make or mar situation, there is no longer room for self-preservation especially for those that hope to lead the nation one day.

#Oju awo la wo fii gb'obe#
Re: Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 27, 2013
Is Fashola already assuming the role of opposition leader?

Is he really saying these things?

Or is it the media at work again?
Re: Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola by Gbawe: 11:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

Yes bro. I am enjoying this new Fashola. Nigeria is approaching a make or mar situation, there is no longer room for self-preservation especially for those that hope to lead the nation one day.

#Oju awo la wo fii gb'obe#

My brother, you are 100% correct. It is to the benefit of Nigeria for the likes of Fashola to shun apathy and boldly present themselves as viable alternatives. The bar will be raised above the heights of the GEJ's of the world because the good work and leadership charisma of the likes of Fashola speaks for them.

Also, the foisting of regressive establishment men on Nigeria by the OBJ's of the world, keeping it "business as usual" for a few and misery for perhaps 90% of the populace, will simply not be possible again once the Fasholas of the World begin to decisively register their interest in top offices.
Re: Federal Government Complicit In Fuel Subsidy Fraud - Fashola by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 27, 2013
Fashola is a failed candidate.Someone who deported fellow nigerians in their own country now wants to be president God forbid!!! After all dis NL propaganda he will be disgraced @ d polls

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan And PDP Plotting Apc’s Fall – Tinubu / Breaking News: Mit Scientists Generate Electricity From Human Brain! / Threat To Dump Jonathan In 2015: Northern Govs Bluffing – M-belt Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.