Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles (5690 Views)

Oritsejafor Donates Cars, Tricycles To The Less Priviledged / Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics / Danbaba Danfulani Suntai, Gov. Of Taraba, To Be Replaced With A Piece Of Wood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by Geomac: 10:32am On Feb 27, 2013
Niger State Governor Dr Muazu Babangida Aliyu has announced the ban on the use of the commercial motor cycles in the state capital, Minna, just as he purchased 1,000 tricycles for intra-city transportation to replace the motor cycle operation.

Aliyu made the announcement yesterday while launching the tricycles at the trade fair complex Minna. He said that the ban had become imperative in view of the prevailing security situation, especially in the north.

Aliyu said most of the security breaches in the north were mostly done using the motorcycles, popularly known as Achaba.

While saying that the ban of Achaba in Kano has attracted most of them to the state, he noted that those presently operating in the state had been given three weeks to clear out.

“Every day I get a report that more than 40 motorcycles were coming into the state capital through Sarkin Pawa from Kano because of the ban there;, now from FUT Minna to Gurusu, Chanchanga to Maikunkele the motor cycles have been ban. We are giving them three weeks to wind up,” he said.

He disclosed that each of the tricycles were purchased at the cost of N624,750 and would be sold at subsidized rate of N400,000 each to the operators to ease the effect of the ban on the commercial motorcycles in the state capital.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/48734/2013/02/27/aliyu_bans_achaba_replaces_them_tricycles_minna.html
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by Geomac: 10:33am On Feb 27, 2013
Well done The Chief Servant (Talban Minna)!
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by harmless011: 12:09pm On Feb 27, 2013
Geomac: Well done The Chief Servant (Talban Minna)!

If you are closer to the Niger state govt try let them know i can supply them the tricycle at the rate of N350,000K each.
You go chop N25,000K on each purchase, just think am na beta biz.
Men i think i should be heading to Niger state, hmmmmm but the fear of boko haram is the beginning of wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by Oghale009: 1:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
Normal thing!
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by MMM2(m): 1:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
Very soon okada will be banned in d whole of 9ja angry
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by Geomac: 1:19pm On Feb 27, 2013
All State Capitals should ban Achaba (Okada)
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by gen2briz(m): 1:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
Ok I don hear
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by Goodgoody1: 1:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
He disclosed that each of the tricycles were purchased at the cost of N624,750 and would be sold at subsidized rate of N400,000 each to the operators to ease the effect of the ban on the commercial motorcycles in the state capital.
How come the keke come to cost for north pass for south, na N350,000 dem dey sell am for Pita Kwa, Governor na wao, where you buy your own wei i cost like that. N624,750 go buy 2 for this we area

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/48734/2013/02/27/aliyu_bans_achaba_replaces_them_tricycles_minna.html[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by ebamma(m): 1:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
that governor just made himself a cool profit of atleast 300million, imagine buying keke napep for 300k each and claiming that he bought it for 624k, netting him a cool profit of 324k on each keke napep, which for 1000 keke napeps translates to 324million naira, #now the looting continues

1 Like

Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by Goodgoody1: 1:23pm On Feb 27, 2013

How come the keke come to cost for north pass for south, na N350,000 dem dey sell am for Pita Kwa, Governor na wao, where you buy your own wei i cost like that. N624,750 go buy 2 for this we area
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by Akshow: 1:26pm On Feb 27, 2013
small small achaba will be a thing of the past in Nigeria. Good move ? yeah! realistic? no! It will only make sense if effective substitute is in place.Can the tricycle effectively serve its purpose
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
ebamma: 624,000naira for keke napep, this governor dey craze, instead of using that money to buy tokunbo cars which will last longer and is more comfortable than keke napep

Have you considered the maintenance cost of such vehicle to the would-be poor benefactor ?

Motorcycle as a means of tranportation is an eyesore to any reasonable society.
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
Where is EFCC when you need them?
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by Dreyl(m): 1:30pm On Feb 27, 2013
damn the keke is too pricey,i wonder hw many people that will patronize it,esp in this hard time
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by bigfat05: 1:35pm On Feb 27, 2013
[size=25pt]NAIJA POLITICS IS THE BEST[/size]
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 27, 2013
Dreyl: damn the keke is too pricey,i wonder hw many people that will patronize it,esp in this hard time

It has been subsidized. . . .I suggest you take yours and pay instalmentally. grin
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by peckhamboi: 1:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
Geomac: Well done The Chief Servant (Talban Minna)!

Babangida Aliyu hus suddenly become Boko Haram now because he wants to contest against GEJ in 2015.
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by iykemanchi(m): 1:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
Na lie... It is called keke na pepe. What is tricycle?!
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by mosquitoNet(m): 1:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
Babangida Muazu Aliyu, you've done a good thing by providing alternatives to the riders but why your big-opolo eyes come dey chook like this na! So #350,000 is a subsidised price? That is a very FAT LIE SIR! You want to use the sweating of the masses for 2015 campaigns abi? Why not sell it @ #250,000 if you truly want to help the people?
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by creativemusic: 1:48pm On Feb 27, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by agitator: 1:50pm On Feb 27, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Have you considered the maintenance cost of such vehicle to the would-be poor benefactor ?

Motorcycle as a means of tranportation is an eyesore to any reasonable society.

what is the difference between a motorcycle and keke
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by confusion247(m): 1:53pm On Feb 27, 2013
~Bluetooth:

It has been subsidized. . . .I suggest you take yours and pay instalmentally. grin
At the rate above market price is not subsidized. It is stealing from the poor masses.
I will supply that tri cycle at the rate of #287,000.00 minimum of fifty pieces.

1 Like

Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by ignis: 1:55pm On Feb 27, 2013
The money this Governor is calling for the keke is pretty much. Here im Kaduna its N370000
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by executinal(m): 1:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
Bad market for Chinko people (YAMAHA etc).
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by free2ryhme: 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
PDP thieves
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by yacsabdul(m): 2:13pm On Feb 27, 2013
[quote author=Geomac]Well done The Chief Servant (Talban Minna)! Bcus no be your state bar?
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by yacsabdul(m): 2:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
free2ryhme: PDP thieves
if in tenue expire na in go be the first person wey EFCC Go arrest
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by Handsomeemmy(m): 2:19pm On Feb 27, 2013
who is this governor fooling with the useless price of the tricycle he bought. tribune.com.ng/index.php/community-news/40937-operators-want-cost-of-tricycle-slashed
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by Dreyl(m): 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2013
~Bluetooth:

guy even the instalment too is pricey
i don't see anything subsidized...
Re: Achaba (Okada) Banned In Minna, Replaced With Tricycles by Trut(m): 2:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
Gov. Aliyu na BIG THIEF. Tri-Cycle price is between 300k to 350k.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo's Plans To Align With The Northerners To Revenge On Yorubas / Biggest Medical Research Centre In Africa Completed In Anambra - Pictures / Genesis And Consequences Of Boko Haram Crisis By Ahmad Salkida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.